Either Needed Mage RP

Currently reading:
Either Needed Mage RP

Umm... There's something we need to decide on! What should the job be?

Could be exploring some old ruin to retrieve an artifact? Simple fetch quest, maybe with a suspiciously high reward and a cult or something living in the ruin?

I wouldn't mind it being a simple fetch quest. In the process we could run into a very powerful cult which is why the reward is high

Actually, I did say we were leaving it open since it would be easy to add in characters based on the way the plot is set up. Especially since they haven't even left on their first mission yet, seeing as we haven't even gotten through a full round of posts. So since I left it open, it seems only fair to let Yiyel join if he/she is still interested. However, if y'all would like me to close it we can discuss that too.

Oh I didn't mean to like say he couldn't join xD I am sorry I thought he was already in the play. *facepalm*

Name: Fiddgeius Clyde
Powers: In the purest of terms, none. However, decades of studying magic allowed him to understand and capture/distill magic from his surroundings, which he can weave into relatively simple spells and enchantments. His capabilities do not even come close to a natural wielder - but his polyvalence matches none. As well, when in the presence of gifted types, he is capable of extracting part of the endless magics that permeate that person, place or object.

His most common usages, his "party tricks" per se, include the capability to make an elixir of plant growth, enchanting random sticks with reusable spells (fueled by small vials attached to them - he says it is the magics that the spell actively needs to work, and must be refilled periodically) with a few that could actively be used offensively, making potions of appetite satiation, alchemical transmutation and a smoke bomb that automatically cleans and sorts a room.

Personality:
Despite his age, he is quite giddy - a side effect of discovering so major, although some say that his dabbing in magic as a non-wielder may also be at cause. Though, because of said discoveries, he tends to assume he is the penultimate source of knowledge, and thus has a hard time accepting that he's wrong. Not very fast at sharing knowledge, however.
Appearance: oldman.jpg
Guild:
None. He comes and goes depending on whether or not he believes he can learn more about magic.
History: Fiddgeius always had been a curious child. Studying first his world, then the few technologies there were. But in his eyes, what they were primarily was... limited. And so his mind turned, at the young age of 15, to magic. There HAD to be a logic behind it - why else, in a world where everything else made sense, would magic exist? And so he studied. Tried things. Talked to mages. It had been his life mission. Of course, like all great discoveries, his was accidental. If you can't find something directly, look at the things that seem to surround it was his mindset. So he delved into many things - spirituality, technology, clairvoyance... It wasn't until he started studying potion-brewing and herbology, twenty years later, that he had made his breakthrough. As it turns out - combining certain rare plants with certain other ingredients, in water, and heating it up, produced... a liquid? But not any liquid. It had no true smell. It was incredibly runny. Most interestingly - it seemed capable of feeding a seed that was accidentally left in the mixture.

Using this knowledge as a basis, he then proceeded to try different things - earth, metals, wood, even meat - with such combinations. Each time, he reliably got a liquid that had different effects.

And so began his career as thaumomancer. Using these liquids, and many more discovered as time went, he crafted spells, enchantments - more often than not, and sometimes succeeding, at making spells and enchantment on devices to try and extract these magics more efficiently. The world of mages was at his fingertips, if he could unlock the secrets.

From that point on, he traveled the lands, following merchants, selling entertainment or enchanted wares to support himself in his quest to either find new sources of magics, new types of magics, or simply people clever enough to help him mix magics in new way to make a new spell or enchantment. As it happens, his latest travels brought him to the Fairy Tail guild.

Back
Top Bottom