.:MechPilots:. Flesh, Steel, Honor and Fire. OOC

Currently reading:
.:MechPilots:. Flesh, Steel, Honor and Fire. OOC

I was thinking it might be easier to be in Bay 3 - which should be closest and allows me to defend/have less interaction with the geist.

I had actually assumed you were in Bay 2 with us but sort of hanging out in the corner waiting for some heavier mechs to team up with. But speaking of defending against the geist, I recall during my joint post with wishbone that an infested terran blew a hole in the roof of the passage leading from Central to Bay 2. More of those things could be pouring in through that hole by now and need to be dealt with while Jackhammer and Talaris are booting up, otherwise they might overrun the hangar and wipe out the ground crew.

Or if not a swarm, there's at least still that one guy. He got crushed by rubble but rose up again. Kerra shot him a few times, but he's probably put himself back together by now and is looking for trouble. Probably gonna need lasers to eliminate him for good. Gotta vaporize every cell in his body. And with the power grid being unstable, the most reliable energy weapons right now are the ones walking around on metal legs.

I sketched out a crude map of what's going on, based on the posts so far

cantan.png

X marks compromised parts of the base
Blue circles are mech bays, while grey circles are defensive buildings.
The green dotted line is Jackhammer's route
Orange circle is where Ghostwolf's lance is?
Red circles are the mechs that have engaged Jackhammer so far (the sniper's position could have been one of three spots). The "M" is the medium mech that got beat up. The one labeled "Fucker" is the guy who blew a hole through the wall and then hid out of sight.

Edit: Slight modifications to bring it in line with Ghostwolf's orders. So now bays 1, 3, and 5 are exposed to enemy fire. And I added pink circles for dropship landing pads. The four big circles on wall 2, I have made light green, because these are the base's four fusion power plants, one of which had to go into shutdown after it was shelled, which is why we have rolling blackouts, because the other three aren't supplying enough power to meet the current demand. It is over the wreckage of this power plant that some of the mechs with jets were able to circumvent wall 2 and attack repair bay 1 and the nearby landing pad (once they had Jackhammer pinned down on the wrong side of the wall, that is).

Last edited:
That's a very helpful visual! Thank you.

I found civilization -- and set up the router. I hope to post before bed if I feel I can catch up quickly.

Hey Just so we are all clear since we are collaborating for story - the Prisoner at this point will escape

Aye, we got a little carried away with posting and we definitely could have used an AT sniper during that battle. Anyways, I have an idea of what I'm going to post next, and how the prisoner gets away, but I'll wait until end of today before I post it (my time zone being eastern Americas).

I was chatting with Wishbone and we came up with a storyline that will see a new lance formed over a period of weeks to months as mechs get repaired and Jassen and Kerra are forced to train together in simulation. This would provide the best opportunity for new characters to join, perhaps arriving fresh at CanTan fire base around this time, as reinforcements dropped in from orbit, or else being veterans of Terityr who were re-assigned from other lances that had to be disbanded because of casualties from the geist raid.

We'll keep posting some social stuff to cover the time lapse while everyone else gets their characters ready.

MisterBrown, it would be cool to see a summary of what JEBR got up to during the raid. Maybe he joined up with a different group that came out of Bay 3 and they had their own struggles on the east side?

I think I'll make a post of him coming out in the earlier waves and, for some reason or another, end up laying in the snow pretending to be dead. That way he can witness major events without changing them, and fit his all-for-one character type. I'm still on "vacation" and tucked in a corner with a little mattress. My writing rhythm is a little impeded, but I'll try to get some pages down.

Update: I have 1/4 of a post in draft. my ass has been absolutely kicked by this traveling. Sorry. Will catch up Judgement soon.

Just today this mix dropped

Considering my character's former callsign, I feel compelled to give it a listen (which I am doing now). Already the first track sounds like it should be Kerra's theme.

Edit: Not too fond of the dubstep tracks in the beginning, but after Soul Siphon (~42:00), there's a string of uplifting 80's synth/rock anthems that made my day.

Edit 2: After some deliberation, I choose Monowoman - Explorer (starting at 0:36) as the theme that plays when Talaris attacks an enemy NPC, if this was a SRW game.

Last edited:
I want to so bad, but I write so slowly that I would literally bring the group down with my posting rate : (

Cant rush perfection and depending how often you post - it might be a good thing to brind the thread to a tempo.

So we already filled out the lance with NPCs, but I wonder if it's still possible for new players to join after we get sent on-mission. We'll be heading in a dropship to another planet, so plenty of opportunities to meet new pilots there, to replace the stand-ins.

If you look up Rook's "Wins Above Replacement" stat, it says: "I AM the replacement!"

Back
Top Bottom