Character(s) Meeraculous Memoires - Character Compendium

Currently reading:
Character(s) Meeraculous Memoires - Character Compendium

Meer

Wordsmith
Local time
Today 2:51 PM
These are the products of my over-active imagination. Let's do this =)

cmP6nzQ1T5IdNv0bTk1JTJR7lYhUN-UOA6OwuD4AYBx3zCJOBKCI-E9gP7vZ8gyAo9Ako5Mi3Rok_257Wie9Z1u09Yq8Md7OtAHkpIbqDlzdPUxWUB2ULGzknouZwpAJCWxNbnp1pFZCr_NxIBhMVB-8ZlTr4Yf4IEo

~Basic Info~
Name: Engel
Race: Human (Hyperkinetic)
Mate/Significant Other: None
Existent Family: Brother (MIA)
Hair: Jet black with hints of grey, usually back-brushed.
Body type: Lithe, athletic.
The nervous system in humans is a collection of different systems working in synch in order to guarantee proper functioning of the body and mind. The somatic nervous system controls the voluntary use of muscles. The sensory system takes in sensory data and processes it.

In a Hyperkinetic, these two systems are mainly affected by neurological anomalies, which of course, are due to genetic reasons. Both the systems are highly efficient (A rough estimate being about 5x times an Olympic athlete). The somatic system works extremely fast, processing data with extreme precision, allowing the hyperkinetic to focus on only the data pertinent to his desired action. At the same time, the sensory system works simultaneously, with incredible efficiency, reacting to the stimuli so fast that the average interval between processing and reaction is reduced to an ignorable amount. As a result, the precognition ability can be seen as inhuman in a Hyperkinetic. This phenomenon leads to a number of abilities:

Virtually flawless aim- A hyperkinetic can take shots that are normally tagged as humanly unachievable, if not impossible. His accuracy is extremely high, exceeding the expertise of a typical Olympic level shooter. He can judge exceeding distances and gauge the precise strength and angle needed to launch a projectile - melee or bullets. Movement of the target is not any hindering factor; neither are visual obstructions like smoke, screens or walls. If the target is locked on and the obstruction is penetrable by the projectile, there is a high probability he will hit it as accurately as if there's no obstruction.

He can make a weapon out of almost anything in his environment by simply throwing it - pebbles, pens, paper, playing cards, toothpicks, tools, food, broken glass, bottle caps - you name it, he can throw it.

Extreme reflexes- Self-explanatory. Extremely useful in close-combat. Hand-to-hand or knife, he is a mean opponent, extremely difficult to beat, because he always could guess what his opponent is thinking and where's the next blow going to land.

Balance- Owing to his superb body-mind co-Ordination, he can perform acrobatic feats of almost-inhuman nature. This includes but is not limited to climbing up steep planes while running, walking on all kinds of surfaces as long as it holds itself, wall-running. In short, his parkour skills are extraordinary.

Precognitive abilities- Hyperkinetics are known to display some sort of ability to envision future outcomes. When planning to jump over a short brick wall, a hyperkinetic can judge the angle and force of the jump necessary to vault the wall, as well as the probable energy and force of impact required to land and roll safely. A hyperkinetic can judge very specific outcomes from physical actions. It goes without saying, much of these calculations lie on probability, and like everyone else, he is as prone to misfortunes and bad days as any other human being.

This also allows him to retrace the path of a projectile from only the apparent end result - more of a backtracking method.

Combat skills- Expert in Krav Maga, Ju-jitsu and Filipino Knife fighting.

Melee- 9-inch Combat knife, Switchblade hidden underneath the legs of his trousers strapped to his boot.

Bio: ~Soon~

516c88c3a89f6273ed8a090ad863899c.jpg

Name:
Orvar

Physical Description:

Standing about as tall as a 5'11" tree, Orvar has a lanky frame to show off, and though not quite accomplished in height as most of the mighty warriors of the realms, his average height serves quite the purpose for which he functions. His outfits are manifold and changeable with respect to the necessary circumstances, but on a normal, lazy day, should you look around the inns of Ashur, you might find a guy in a dusty-brown overcoat, leather pants covered up mostly by the coat, with brown hair and a brown goatee, suspected to be dyed, enjoying a solitary ale in a corner. His face holds a multitude of scars, some of them earned, some accidental, some might even be ornamental. He is described as handsome in a pretty rugged way as described by the gossip-loving town-girls.

Psychological Description:

He is quite a charmer with words and notoriously possesses a tongue sweeter than Warmberry Ale [A drink popular in the inns of Ashur]. Quick-witted, great planner, the Guild of the Fingersmiths couldn't have asked for a better leader in terms of wisdom and foresight. His philosophy of life depends upon the most basic of principles, and he never cares for luxuries he deems unnecessary. He frowns upon money-squandering and is strict about financial restrictions in the guild. He has a poetic view of life and often is known to write poems, even leaving some of them at houses he visits, as a bitter-sweet reminder of his visit - needless to say, uninvited. Well versed with various intricacies of human nature, he can study (and judge, though he refrains in the latter normally) people pretty accurately.

Class: Master thief

Race: Human

Weapons:

He detests most traditional weapons as he isn't a fan of bloodshed at all, but knows a pretty good deal about swordsmanship nonetheless, having grown up in a pretty rough and competitive, "fighting" neighborhood. His true expertise lies in knives of all kinds. Unknown to many, he had earned the title of Knifemaster in a fight-camp one summer, having defeated, it is rumored, a big barbarian wielding a battleaxe, with naught but two knives. Rumour also has that on another fight-camp, another man, (very different in attire), had knocked off the burning ashes from the pipe of a person smoking pipe, in a challenge of sorts. People who had been in both the camps say his handling of knives reminded them of the previous "knifemaster".

He carries a total of thirty throwing knives hidden all over his body. Besides the natural offensive purpose, it also serves him many secondary purposes like cutting of stuffs, sending messages through a parchment rolled in a knife, and sorts. He wields a foot-and-a-half sword of elvish make (a gift) only on rarest of occasions.

Belongings:

He possesses items, some of which are beyond common mortal cognition but pretty simple in look physically. Apart from the basic items any thief needs for his trade, like numerous cutting tools, ropes, chemicals for dissolving metals, he carries, not on all occasions but on important ones, these things:

1. Cloak of Volund:
This cloak, passed down generations of assassins and thieves, is not merely an invisibility cloak as it has been described as. The true nature of this cloak is more intense. The wearer of this cloak have to be completely devoid of any other clothing and accessories, and only then will this cloak function according to the runes inscribed in it, triggered by the proper incantations. This cloak weaves a magical force so powerful that it transfers the essence of the wearer in a completely different plane while in the physical plane, the body of the wearer is transformed into an invisible, fully transparent, fluid shape, and save for barriers created of steel, his shape can permeate through any object, wooden or fabric, stone, water or fire. The wearer still keeps control over his body as his consciousness is safe in another plane, guiding the shapeless physical rudiment, his body. All the common physiological senses of the wearer- sight, vision, sound, smell, remains intact, save for touch. Unless a sorcerer is able to detect inter-planar activity and more-over skim out from the other planes, the exact physical counterpart of the wearer, no known magical effects, spells, runes, potions or other things, can detect the presence of the wearer of the Cloak of Volund.

2. The Dancing needle:
A small needle connected to a tiny string of thread. Simple, right? Of course it is. A very simple yet immensely effective rune enables Orvar to find out direction in all uncouth places, known, unknown, lesser-known. He just needs to utter the incantation to trigger the rune and speak out clearly, his destination along with the lunar lines [astronomy and navigation at that time was based on moon and not stars]. The needle keeps pointing to the direction until the destination is reached. Until that is done, the string attached to the needle remains taut. If the user goes in the wrong direction, the needle becomes unbearably heated. It instantly cools as soon as the user takes up the right direction.

3. Egrobeth's Elixir:
A potion designed to work on any known poison of the Realm. The Elixir itself is so potent, a few drops of it is enough to save the life of a man poisoned in great proportions. Also, a drop or two on any physical wound would heal it almost magically, as long as they are simple slashes and maiming. Breakage and dislocation of bones, bloodloss, complex flesh wounds involving internal organs cannot be cured as simply with this.

4.Rope of Longhorn:
An ancient artifact, almost forgotten in the pages of history, it is physically just a wound coil of rope, sixty feet in length, which, upon yet another uttering of incantation, gets stiff as an iron rod, providing the user a ladder to reach almost all heights, mostly useful in those which are otherwise unscalable.

Skills:
A Master thief needs no description of how skilled in his art he is. He can literally be a "shadow" when needed, can hide in plain sight, disappear within moments from one spot to another. Orvar is well versed in the art of exploiting regions of shadow for stealth, is an excellent tracker as a result, and is a master in rational and efficient movements in both natural and urban environments, taking the most direct path through an obstacle as rapidly as that route can be traversed safely. [The technique popular in the real world as Parkour ].
Though hardly one with killing instincts, Orvar knows the secret technique commonly taught in the assassins guilds as the Death Touches - several vital points of the human body which, struck properly, can lead to instant decapitation or death. Apart from these, his expert skills in knives and sword have been discussed.

Brief background:

1. The Child:

-"Ma, can I have it? "
-"No sweetness, you cannot."
-"Why not?"
-"Because, it does not belong to us."
-"What do I have to do to make it ours, then?"
-"We have to buy it."
-"Buy it."
-"Don't have money, dear."
-"I still want it."
-"Well, sweetness. Your mom can't steal it now, can she?" *laughter*

*brief silence*

-"How can I steal it?"

Most of the fond memories of his childhood, blissfully innocent at the beginning, rapidly turning into a harsh turmoil, are forgotten. Some of them lingered. These few lines are one of them.

Technically, I grew up in a slum - The Great slums of Valador, The Lands of the Emperor of Glory, the Trading capital, the land of the great Tower of Minorhar, the land of the Great Garden of Black roses. Well, in all it's glory, Valador had overlooked one of their major part of urban life - the slums. Good thing they did; that served the purpose of my incognito growing-up.

My mother was a gardener in a nobleman's home, which had a beautiful garden full of exotic plants, along with many beds of the famous black roses of Valador. He work was tedious, and though under-payed as most hard-working woman, she earned enough, along with Father, to feed three mouths. My Father was a simple iron-smith. He didn't own a forge and worked under the Forge of Bafamos, a well-known Blacksmith of Valador.

I was the youngest of the family. My elder brother, Duvar was three years older, and my sister Sarvina, was a year older, than me. Neither of us received any formal education from our childhood. Mother taught us to read and write, for that we are forever grateful to her, I suppose. Not many had this privilege at that time, and furthermore, due to the unavailability of education to the poorer masses, it was viewed as an unnecessary and little-fruitful art. Scribes weren't expected from slums, though there have been some glorious exceptions from time to time. We mostly played with the street kids to while away our time, and father taught me and my brother his trade, in his spare time. Sister learnt tending gardens, from mother.

At the age of nine, I had my first street brawl and had learnt to stay away from them quickly. But it was a rough life and you couldn't fend them off forever by stooping down, keeping low, staying invisible. Sooner or later, blades came into play. I held my first sword at the age of 10, much to the agony of my mother. Father supported the act though, and so did brother. Father taught us both rudimentary sword skills. We never knew Father was actually skilled no less than a warrior, in swordsmanship, before a particular fight, where he singlehandedly fended off seven ruffians with longswords. I came to know later, that he actually was an exiled warrior. Brother really took to blades, I didn't. I learnt it as much as I could, and left it at that, practicing when required but never pursuing it as means of earning wages. I took more interests in apparently useless acts of wall-climbing, free-running, diving, mile racing.

Brother, a vicious fighter, joined the Kings Army at the age of 19, and when he was 21 , at the Ides of winter, his guts got plastered along the walls of an Inn one evening, when he **** a barbarian off, in a debate. Mother died from the shock. Sister cried all night keeping her head on my shoulders. Father sat motionless all night, besides his sacked-up body. After we buried him, the next day, I , the little brother, never having hurt a fluttering fruitfly consciously, killed the Barbarian by poisoning his evening mead to his utter ignorance. [Bastard had the nerves of returning to the same Inn]. As he lied motionless on the floor, I ransacked his room having nicked his key from his waistband. I took in my possession 14 gold coins and three silver coins. I had enough vanity at that age,[19], to leave the copper changes alone.

The news of this "brutal, well-planned murder and robbery" spread through the city the next day. Father immediately knew, though he never spoke to me about this incident. As this news spread, the other news of him killing the "loud-mouthed apprentice soldier" the day before, leaked out as well. Adding two plus two had never been ore popular it seemed. Everyone instantly knew it was us, who killed the barbarian. Soldiers came to our home and finding only my sister at home, took her in custody till we own up our "heinous crime." Father tried to reason with the magistrate and got locked up as well. I fled the city, insisted by both of the living members of my family. Now, when I have the leisure to recollect these memories, I look back and try to think about what would have been the situation if I hadn't fled. The very next day, after I fled, the great Siege of Valador by the Mighty Metaru Aakado began. Valador was sealed off from the outside. I couldn't gain entry to the city for many weeks, and stayed stuck in a war camp nearby, as the invasion went on. Valador was won by Aakado. I gained entry to the city two days after Aakado had declared him the Emperor. I searched the whole city, but there were no signs of my family. My father and sister were lost among the teeming crowd trapped with several other unfortunate fellows, in the siege. I left Valador.

I think I was 22 when I first saw Ashur.

[-Still U/C. To be continued-]

Name: Fyonza

Alias: Flint, The Fixer

Race: Panentheist Human

Origin: Yumban (Alternate Dimension. Planar co-ordinates: AS,7.6,8.51)

Profession: Inter-galactic arms-dealer, Gun-Mage

Dominant Hand: Ambidextrous

Side job: Mercenary

Physical Description
Height: A little over 6 feet.

Weight: 180 lbs.

Hair: Typically platinum white or black. He has a habit of dyeing them

Eyes: Neon-blue

Skin: Pale.

Distinguishing characteristics: None apart from his attire.

Affiliation

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Deity: Though he never revealed the true name, it is believed by his peers and those who had the fortune(or the lack thereof) of coming in close proximity to Fyonza, that he solely believes and worships a nameless deity who resides in a Plane not known apparently to anyone but him. This deity allegedly holds the power of reversing the existence of any object or event from its current state to the point of its creation and beyond. He can bring forth drastic changes in the History of any race. He is termed as the Uncreator by some enthusiastic scholars, but there's not a single record of any telltale evidence which might lead to the proof of this Deity's existence. Considering the alleged powers this Deity hold, the very hope of the existence of such proof, however, is but a pipe-dream.

Allies: Koijin Dvanshek.

Enemies: Anyone who breaks his contract. He is a stickler for those.

The Lore
Panentheist – racial explanation:

Panentheism stems from two other forms of planar existence - Transcendence and Immanence. A Transcendent being, by the dictionary, is considered to be such a being who is absolutely independent and has severed all kinds of ties from the material universe. Transcendence contrasts with immanence where the being is a physical part of the world upon consideration and is accessible/perceivable to all other beings of that world in a manner that reflects the racial properties of beings of the same realm. A Panentheist closes the gap between these two conditions (Transcendence and Immanence). He is 'in the world' but not 'of the world'.

True Transcendence is the sole characteristic of a Planar Deity. Immanence, in the same manner, is the birthright of every Planar being within their own Plane. A Panentheist can reside in multiple Planes of Existence and is simultaneously affected by the characteristics of that Plane as it will affect an Immanent being of the plane. The powers granted to the Panentheist by the Deity he holds his belief in, is also subject to change depending on the Plane he's currently residing in. In some Planes they can be enhanced beyond his normal limits (Normal with reference to his Plane of origin or the Plane he was present when he was granted the powers) while in others, they can be completely suppressed. However, these Planes are rare and as such, a Panentheist of a strong Deity will on normal conditions, retain a significant proportion of his powers on most common Planes around the Universe.

Fyonza is a Panentheist human. Racially, he doesn't possess any trait that makes him overly different from most humans on other planes of existence. However, being a Panentheist grants him certain powers to reflect this unique condition. More is explained in Racial Traits.

Racial traits

Enhanced condition: The physical condition of a Panentheist are superior over most human/humanoid races. This is merely a genetic trait that ensures a Panentheist's survival in planes that are excessively hostile. Fyonza is stronger, faster and more durable when compared with a normal human with no otherwise enhanced trait. They also age significantly slow. However, he will be outdone in each of those departments by races that are specialized to shine in specific traits. (Vampires in speed for example.)

Enhanced Immunity: Also a byproduct of his body having to evolve in order to survive hostile conditions effectively, Fyonza's immune system is several times more robust than that of a human. His body has the capability of rejecting poisons, toxins and pathological agents that are not excessively potent.

Enhanced Regeneration: Fyonza's cellular regeneration is higher than that of humans. Paltry scratches and cuts can heal within hours. Severe forms of wounds also take a day or two to heal. Broken bones and torn ligaments take a few more days. Fyonza cannot regenerate lost limbs (without external magical/otherwise help).

Spatial Immunity: One of the biggest advantages of his species is that Fyonza is nearly immune to almost all powers/abilities/effects that can cause him to be displaced, banished, warped, duplicated or sucked into any spatial tear/rift. Whether this is an ability he was born with or developed through countless inter and intra-dimensional travels, he doesn't know.

Dimensional Travel: A Panentheist being is granted the power to travel to almost any Plane of existence that they are aware of. Some Planes may be out of bounds (As ordered by the Deity) and others inaccessible, but their numbers are thin and their frequency, minimal. This ability is also termed as 'Plane-walking' and neither the ability nor the technique is exclusive to a Panentheist. Dimension Travel can be done in several ways. They can be

a) Inter-planar: In between different Planes.

b) Intra-planar or Spatio-dimensional: Within the same Plane.

For Plane-walking, a Plane-Walker opens up a portal. A portal is a conduit or a 'doorway' between two distant points in the same plane (intra-planar) or different ones (inter-planar). Portals use a lot of energy to create and ever more for its sustenance. To open a portal that will remain active for a long period of time (a Dimensional 'Gate') an intricate and time-consuming ritual is needed to allow its formation and subsequent undisturbed existence in the Plane concerned. This method is not generally required or used by a Panentheist or other kinds of Plane-walkers. They go for a more temporary solution where a portal is opened by 'squeezing' energy into a tremendous concentration, thus creating a zmock, which when directed towards any object (even air), causes a rift in space-time and opens up a portal. This rift can only be caused by a Dimensional Steele.

Once inside the Portal, the rift triggers the Panentheist's transcendent powers and he is able to direct the portal to the place of his wish simply by gripping the end of the Steele tightly and visualizing the planar coordinates in his mind. The Steele is able to read the bearer's thoughts and it absorbs the first coordinates it encounters in the bearer's mind. It opens up another rift to the required destination dimension.

Dimension Mapping: A Panentheist has the ability to instinctively 'know' any Geographical Co-ordinate on the Plane he's currently residing on. He has to just see the place with his eyes. This is probably another one of his Transcendent traits. He can also retain co-ordinates on a previously known location on his mind (The most useful trait when it comes to Dimension Travel as the Steele will only respond to legitimate co-ordinates)

Astral Communication: One of the chief members of the Astral Planes (Not to be confused with the Astral Sea) is the Spirit Plane which is a plane where spirits go after their body has died their physical death on the mortal realm. This plane is a special plane (similar to the Plane of Dreams) which is only accessible in certain conditions (In this case that is physical death).

A Panentheist has automatic access to the astral realms and hence, he, for all essence and purpose can see as well as interact with any kinds of Spirits. Although he holds no sway on them, Fyonza has befriended a lot of Spirits over time, and they have helped him with information and occasionally, equipment as well. Furthermore, a Panentheist can also enter the Plane of Dreams and seek out the subconscious of a sleeping person. When a person is in a much-weakened state, about to pass out any moment, the link between the Plane of Dreams and his subconscious grows stronger. A Panentheist can under certain circumstances, hasten the complete formation of this link and thus force the said person into a stupor.

Cosmic Awareness: Although not to the extent of a true Transcendent being, Fyonza is able to perceive drastic changes in his immediate vicinity that would affect him to a great extent. Fyonza can sense immediate and fatal threats, sources of healing (if mortally wounded) and even to a certain extent keep track of any object or people who are focusing on him, mostly with hostile intent. This ability is heightened in some planes while severely muted in others, thus not making it a very reliable one.

Dimensional pocket creation: Fyonza's mastery over dimensional planes eventually allowed him enough skill to create small, trans-dimensional pockets of space. These pockets can reach a maximum size of hundred square feet and are perfect for storing crates of weaponry, gear and other useful commodities. Fyonza can maintain a maximum of two such dimensions. He can enter or exit them at-will, but it requires intense focus and a calm, meditative state, so it's highly impractical to be used as an escape mechanism in situations of intense combat. He can only summon small objects from the pocket – anything too big or bulky will require a lot of intense concentration which if broken can lead to permanent spatial distortion of the object. He can however physically enter and bring out any object from inside – this is how he stores and delivers his merchandise after all.

Weapons

Pride and Prejudice

UO95KuK.png

Fyonza's trade as an arms-dealer allows him to be quite selective about what weapons he would wield when a hostile situation arises. Venturing forth into unknown realms and planes of existence is part and parcel of his livelihood, and on several occasions, he has encountered magical or mechanical restrictions to weapons that hail from another dimension. Usually, this happened because of the weapon in question was dependent on a very specific trait to function and the trait was rendered useless in a new dimension, or the weapon was manufactured with several intricate parts, parts which were made non-functional in one way or another, therefore making the entire weapon in the process useless.

This of course, was an occupational as well as a safety hazard, so Fyonza had to both device ways to keep his shipment from getting reduced to scrap and to acquire personal weapons which would stay true in most if not all planes that he usually frequents. The former problem was solved by acquiring crates made of special material that would withstand the ravages of dimensional travel and at least protect the weapons long enough for him to complete his contract and inform the buyer to ensure they take sufficient measures to protect their merchandise. His personal weapons, however, were another story. Fyonza had to spend almost a decade under the tutelage of a special mage, in a realm which embraced magic and technology and held both in a symbiotic relationship. This mage was a renowned Gun-mage in that realm, going by the name of Agantos and he taught Fyonza how to craft, improve and form a bond with special fire-arms known as Magelock pistols.

The Magelock pistols are created from extremely rare metals and subjected to a casting process only known to elite craftsmen. Gun mages who are nothing short of legendary in their magical abilities are adept at weaving spells into and through these weapons for an assortment of fantastic effects, and once a gun mage has bonded with a Magelock, the weapon for all essence and purpose becomes a physical extension of its master.

Gun mages are considered in general to be wild cards, their magic comes in fits-and-starts, and few truly understand the strange bond they form with their fire-arms. Like sorcerers, gun mages can be born with this talent, but unlike sorcerers, they are capable of acquiring a strong affinity to their Magelock pistols through intense training and of course, runes. Gun-mages utilize various runic symbols that are capable of generating myriad effects depending on the willpower and imagination of the user. True rune-scribing is instinctual and the theoretical aspect of it becomes largely redundant (after the fundamentals) when a rune-scribe becomes enlightened enough to let creativity dictate their progress.

Through hours of intense mental focus and training, not to mention countless hours spent in perfecting his own runic scripts, Fyonza formed a strong kinship with two pistols, incorporating both of them with unique properties of their own. He named these pistols Pride and Prejudice – no one knows the reason for such a nomenclature.

Owing to his decade-long training as a Gun-mage, Fyonza acquired some traits and abilities, which will be further detailed in the Gun-Mage Traits section.

Both Pride and Prejudice consist of a cylindrical barrel, enchanted with runes that prevent metallic wear and tear, accidental damage and offers protection from elemental effects. The overall durability of both the weapons is also enhanced to provide adequate blocking strength against unavoidable melee attacks. Both the weapons also have unique runes on their grip to prevent most attempts of disarming.

The Magelock pistols of Fyonza have additional runes attached on it that allow it to magically enchant bullets leaving its barrel. While runic bullets are completely capable of achieving the same feat, they take long hours of preparation to craft. Also being exposed in an explosive environment, the runes on bullets can sometimes morph whilst leaving the barrel, thus rendering the magical properties fruitless. The bullets used in the Magelock pistols are made of a dense alloy that stays stable even in the direst elemental effects and is shaped aerodynamically for greater accuracy and more energy. The core material of these bullets consists of a hard, high-density metal to assist in penetrating mundane armours. There are only two 'magical' attributes of these bullets. One of them is present in the alloy, which only gives them a high degree of affinity to adhere to the mystical properties granted to them by the runes. The second one is present in the form of a highly volatile agent which makes the bullet instantly disintegrate through a rune and provides the energy of this rapid disintegration to the rune (read Mergus).

Inculcus*

The runes for enchanting the bullets are inscribed on the inner side of the barrel, closer to the tip. They are collectively called Inculcus and are arranged in individual sets of concentric circles, each one consisting of one type of rune and they are in turn reinforced* with runes that increase their potency, effect and/or duration.

Mergus*

This is a special kind of rune that connects all the Inculcus runes and provides a blend of powers of various combinations of three runes, primarily focusing on their individual aspects and providing a unique amalgamation as an end-result. Combination of more than three runes is not possible (at least at Fyonza's current level of capabilities). When the Mergus rune is activated, the bullet is instantly disintegrated and the energy of this disintegration is utilized (and enhanced) by the rune to form a highly condensed ray or conical shaped energy beam. This beam can be continuous or split in discrete fragments by Fyonza, through the exertion of his will.

The various runic effects (individual & combinations) of the Magelock pistols are summarized below.

e0UOhV0.png

Kinus*

This is another rune that is etched on every Inculcus rune and serves the purpose of applying an element of chaos to every bullet in the form of a kinetic force-field. The Kinus rune is applied to every bullet but the rune itself does not get activated unless Fyonza wills it. A bullet (or a ray from Mergus) can both retain the runic element of Kinus. The rune acts differently depending on which Inculcus rune it's activated with. The effects are varied and mostly involves a random, chaotic activation of the Inculcus rune's effect, although variations can occur based on Fyonza's will.
*​
(Requires prep)​

Examples of effects of Kinus

• It can add a sense of unpredictability to the movement of a bullet, be it of any rune. This will make dodging it (even if the opponent is hyper-fast) extremely unlikely because while there is no control of the Gun-mage over the bullet at this point, there is no way of knowing what direction it might go either. This unpredictability manifests itself through numerous small points of force around the bullet and thus making it a slave to the whim of probability.

• It can serve as a propellant, where the manifestation of the rune is in such a way that a force-field attaches itself to the back of the bullet and increases the speed of the bullet if the Gun-mage exerts his will on it. The bullet can be only hastened up to a maximum of two times. Any further attempt will stop its motion completely. The bullet will not deviate from its original path while the rune is activated in this way. It will only speed up (excessively so because this velocity is being added on top of the already speeding bullet), thus making dodging the bullet a tremendous effort.

• It can create electricity arcs to jump around randomly between bullets when used with a Fulmus rune.

• It can manifest itself internally and slowly project outwards until the bullet is at the point of exploding into multiple fragmented pieces. If the rune is manifested this way, the bullet will explode into multiple fragments within a fraction of time because the force expands inside the bullet exponentially. The trick is to make sure the target is close by when this happens.

9QD97n5.png

Armour

Chest:

Fyonza wears a bodysuit underneath his usual black jacket that allows him to withstand myriad hostile conditions he is subjected to, during his dimension-hopping.

The bodysuit is filled with a gel-like substance that hardens on impact and spreads the force over a larger surface, thus reducing blunt-force trauma from high-speed projectiles or shrapnel from explosions. The outer layer of the bodysuit is comprised of a densely interwoven mesh of a special fiber that allows him protection against slashes and pieces made from melee weapons. This is by no means an absolute protection against attacks of a more serious nature but it allows Fyonza greater mobility in battle while still maintaining a rudimentary protection against stray attacks.

Gauntlets:

Fyonza wears a pair of gauntlets which extends up his forearms but falls short of his elbow-joints. They contain an articulated section which covers the backs of his hands, shrouded with soft leather. Beneath the leather, these gauntlets are made from layers of tightly woven laminated polymeric-fibers and can help absorb the impact from firearm-fired projectiles and shrapnel from explosions. The gauntlet is also magically enchanted to stave off the extreme force that is sometimes applied in the vicinity of his hands by his own Magelock pistols. Ceramic pieces are also part of the design which gives them additional protection from rifle rounds and soft armor resistance to stab and slash attacks from knives and similar close-quarter weapons. These gauntlets were originally a gift to Koijin by Ioden, and the former promptly took it to a master artificer and made copies, one of which found its way to Fyonza's inventory, probably as a result of a very favourable contract.

Boots:

A pair of good boots is a necessity for anyone whose profession involves confronting multitudes of hostile environments on a regular basis. Fyonza had his boots custom-made for this very reason. Reaching a few inches above the ankle, his boots are made from the leather of an exotic animal that gives it natural fluid-proofing, resistance to abrasions and low-impact wears and tear and it molds to his foot-shape, enhancing natural movement and flexibility. They are reinforced with steel toes and contains extra layers of protection near the Achilles tendon.

Equipment

Dimensional Steele:

A Dimensional Steele is a device that looks like a hiltless dagger with numerous runic etchings upon in. The Steele concentrates energy into a high density into its tip. A sphere of extremely dense energy ('zmock') is created which when coupled with the Steele's runic signature, creates the rift which leads to the creation of the Portal. To sustain the Portal, energy from the surroundings is absorbed as soon as the rift is created. This energy absorption can manifest in the form of a dense black mist or black flames, elemental constructs which revolves around the portal. Steele's can be Fire-type, Air-type, Water-type or Earth-type. A Steele can have a combination of two of these four types but at a cost of efficiency. The types determine which kind of energy they need to sustain the portal (The Steele only creates it. Without the types, the portal will collapse as soon as it is formed). Furthermore, a Water-type Steele can only act when used upon a water-body (Also works on Ice), Fire-type can only act when cast in naked flames...and so on. If a Steele is hybrid, negating elements cannot be conjoined. Thus a Fire-type Steele cannot be coupled with a Water-type one. Fyonza keeps his Steele on his person at all times.

Grimoire:

Fyonza stores all of his contact information, arms contracts, runes that he'd learned from his training as a Gun-mage and everything else he deems important to have a record, in a magically enchanted book. He stores the book in a pocket dimension that he's created, and he can summon it at-will, whenever he needs it.

Appearance

Fyonza's garment consists of dark-coloured jackets or trench-coats made from top-quality fabric, which he pairs off with matching lower garments with a skin-tight innerwear to provide as padding for the armour which he keeps underneath his clothes.

His neck and lower portion of his mouth is usually hooded. The material of the hood that covers his lips is designed in a way to allow speech without showing lip movement. A simple but effective enchantment allows for clear speech through the barrier.

Gun-mage Traits

Weapon Alertness:

The touch of cold, Magelock steel serves to sharpen the Mage's senses. A Gun-mage is capable of bonding with the strange metal used to create Magelock pistols. The bonded weapon becomes an extension of the gun mage, an almost sentient entity. The Gun-Mage can feel the presence of his weapons no matter what state they are in, as long as the core structure remains intact.

Summon Magelock:

The Gun-mage has the ability to summon his Magelock pistols to his hand with the sheer force of will. Being a Panentheist, this also means Fyonza's summoning capabilities is a bit varied when it comes to his personal weapons. If and/or when separated from his firearms, Fyonza can cause his pistols to appear in his hands by creating the smallest spatial rift, which serves the sole purpose of creating a direct link between him and his weapons. It negates all attempts of physically restraining his weapons.

Dimension Chained:

The Magelock pistols are dimension-chained, meaning a unique chain exists which seals the essence of the weapons in the dimension where the Gun-mage is residing. This means that the weapon cannot be apported (spatially or dimensionally called) against the gun mage's will.

Sighting Link:

Due to the nature of the strong, nigh-unbreakable bond formed between the mage and his Magelock pistols, the Gun-mage can hone onto an object with his own eyes and create a link of sight between the Gun and the object without having to take careful aim like mundane firearm-wielders. This enables the Gun-mage to aim instinctively and fire, knowing that his bullet will stay true to the target. This can result in some spectacular trick-shots.

Personality

Fyonza lives his life outside of any established order. He's a free-spirit, doesn't care much for arbitrary restrictions and rules imposed by an organization of any magnitude. His code of conduct and ethics are his own and he'd stick to them as much as possible. While he prefers a peaceful outcome over a hostile one, it doesn't come from a place of cowardice, but merely apathy and a tendency to avoid unnecessary conflict. He doesn't care about the 'right thing to do' but he has a definitive list of things that he will or will not do. Again, they are not set in stone. He is a living endorsement of the laissez faire approach. His actions are dictated by the needs of the situation rather than a generalized moral guideline.

He likes amassing material wealth and influential contacts but trusts very few and not easily at that. Those he does trust, however, he does so with his life, because in the life of a person such as him, trust is a commodity which is rarer than the rarest of gems.

To others he may appear indifferent and aloof about most things. If he does care about something, he doesn't make a grand show out of it. He can be utterly unpredictable, brazenly independent, borderline anarchic if it'd suit his needs and throughout all that, blissfully unfettered. He is not a man of many words but knows how to hold a conversation (and steer it in a way that is favourable to him) in the right situation. His quite demenour belies a skilled and charismatic negotiator. Sarcasm and dark humour never stray too far away from his speeches, and he is known to use both liberally. His opinion and beliefs are his own and stay uninfluenced until he obtains concrete evidence in the contrary to either.

History

Fyonza was born in a well-to-do family. His parents were merchants and wanted their son to follow their footsteps when he grows up. Fyonza was always fascinated by his mother's ability to appear wherever and whenever she pleased and chalked it up to some magical trick until one day he learnt the truth from her. He also inherited her Dimensional Steele on that day.

Her mother was 'forcefully' retired by a noble family of Yumban when she refused their order to deliver disease-riddled food and clothes to a rival family using her position as a reputed trader. She lost her trade, her influence, social standing and a substantial amount of her wealth when she was levied unfair taxes for inane reasons. Fyonza's father was later killed in a supposed robbery in his store, and investigation on the crime was 'halted' due to lack of evidence. Her mother became withdrawn after the incident, urging her son to find another profession and seeking solace in alcohol.

Throughout his life, Fyonza has remained aloof and detached about most events that concerned him. However, his father's death and his mother's decline into an anti-social, reclusive life, spiraled him into one of the rare moments in his life where he actively pursued something that fuelled a primal emotion inside him – in this case, vengeance. Fyonza orchestrated a six-year-long coup that ultimately led to the utter devastation of the noble house that had wronged his parents. He never took a single life of that family with his own hands but he was quite certainly responsible for all of them.

The steps that he had to orchestrate in order to achieve his revenge inadvertently paved the way to his trade – that of an arms-dealer. A sharp and inquisitive mind, a keen business acumen nurtured from childhood thanks to his family, the air of indifference about everything and the guarantee of neutrality backed up by his past actions – all culminated and made him a true maestro of his trade.

Over the years, Fyonza struck up deals with various empires, kingdoms, factions, guilds, clans, warlords, even small-time gangs with deep enough pockets weren't turned down. Many of the times it turned out that he supplied arms to both sides of an opposing body. This led to countless threats and several attempts on his life. The fact that he'd never tried to hide his dealings coupled with his unparalleled expertise in acquiring arms and ammunition of every conceivable kind saw to his safety in those hairy situations, as he was voluntarily offered protection by his clients, purely in self-interest of course. The few times he couldn't get out of a situation using his influence and contacts, he did so with brute force and extreme prejudice. Soon, word reached the ears of those who were concerned that Fyonza was not a force to be trifled with and a cordial relationship with him was more profitable than a hostile one. The attempts lessened, and after a period of time, completely stopped.

Often when Fyonza delivered a shipment of arms in a hostile territory, he was left stranded for erratic periods of time (stretching from a week to over several months, even a year in some case) due to a plethora of reasons. Inevitably in those situations, his clients would often offer Fyonza extra payment to serve as a mercenary to their cause. Initially, he would decline, wanting to keep his neutrality sealed by the iron-clad fact that he did not participate in conflicts other than self-defense. However, each time, the offered payment would increase in amount, eventually reaching a point where he actually started giving a second thought to their offers. The whole situation took a new turn when he was attacked by a rival force when he was delivering arms to their opposition in an area that was under a non-hostile treaty. His shipments were destroyed by enemy attacks and his clients were also killed. He barely made it out of there alive and had to mourn the loss of one of his trusted middle-man in the process as well. This incident acted as the catalyst in the subsequent transformation of Fyonza into a mercenary. Instead of completely changing his trade, Fyonza treated his willingness to fight for money as a secondary and extremely selective service that he would offer to only the highest paying and trusted clients.

At present, Fyonza roams various planes of existences, offering arms and if they're lucky, his services as a mercenary to the highest bidders.

Back
Top Bottom