Sanctum Roadtrip! Maybe?

B_Julez

Princess Pouty Pants
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 3:09 PM
Pronouns
She/her
Hey there! Interested in maybe joining a group RP full of chill vibes, adventure, and fun with friends? Then check out the info below and let me know

The Story So Far: Following a turbulent and uncertain time in her personal life, Julez finds herself in desperate need of a vacation. She's never been outside the state of California... come to think of it, she's never been outside of Los Angeles county! There's a big country to explore out there, and Julez is ready to expand her horizons! But... she doesn't want to go alone. She's been alone most of her life as it is, so she's decided to invite some of her new-found friends from the writing website Writer's Sanctum to tag along!

rooftop.jpg

The plan is to meet up at Cara Cara, the rooftop bar of the Downtown LA Proper Hotel, for a kick-off party, and then, well, kick-off the actual road trip the next morning! Destination? Somewhere on the East Coast (TBD by the group!), with plenty of fun stops along the way. Clubbing in Vegas? Hiking along the Rocky Mountains? Trying authentic deep dish pizza in Chicago? As long as she's got her friends along for the rise, Julez is down for whatever!

Characters: There's no hard rule on who your characters can be. The scenario describes this as being a group of Sanctum friends, because that would basically explain how we as the writers kind of know each other and set the tone of familiarity, but other "ins" into the story would probably be fine as well. Some people will play extensions of their chat personas, some people will play a character from one of their existing stories, and others might make brand new characters. As long as the characters start from a place of getting along and some basic familiarity, it should be fine!

Realism Level: This RP will be played as mostly realistic, as it certainly takes place in the real, modern United States, but there can be light sci-fi or fantasy elements as well. I don't mind the concept that when you get a bunch of fiction writers together in one place, weird stuff starts to happen. But I ask that the unrealistic elements don't take over and derail real world road trip aspects of the story.

Sexy Level: Let's be honest, many of us have written some naughty things on this site (not me, of course...). However, unless the group says otherwise on specific events that come up during the story, this will be a ZERO Smut RP. Similarly, there likely won't be any explicit nudity. However, that doesn't mean that there can't be any adult themes or raunchy humor from time to time. Julez is a stripper after all, so if ANY mention of sex, flirtatiousness, innuendo, etc., makes you uncomfortable, then this might not be the RP for you.

map.jpg

Commitment Level: I want this RP to feel fun and relaxing for everyone involved, so please don't feel stressed out about posting every day. But please let us know if you won't be able to post at least once or twice a week, or it may end up slowing down the game for everyone. Pretty much any level of commitment is okay as long as there is communication about when you will or won't have time to be posting.

Post Length and Structure: Your intro to the group can be as long as you want (within reason), but general post length for this RP should be one or two paragraphs. Any longer gthan that and I feel like people may start to zone out, not follow along as well, forget all of the details. We're not essay writing here, we're trying top keep the activities of the trip moving with everyone involved! As for structure, we'll try to define time periods and check in with everyone to see when it feels good to move on. For example, half the group shouldn't move on to evening activities if the other half are still typing out their conversations over breakfast. As much as possible, we want everyone to be in the same time of day, even if some people break of to do other activities on a particular day.

Is There a Game Master? Maaaaaaaaaybe? I do want at least someone, or multiple someone's, be guiding hands for the story, to provide hooks, activity ideas, maybe through in some unexpected twists along the way, but without a heavy hand or in a way that limits what the players can do. I know I don't want to be solely in charge of that, so if you'd like to take on some of the story direction responsibilities, let me know!

I hope all of that that helped to get some ideas going! Please let me know below if you're interested and I'll create a group PM for everyone to start discussing how we'll kick off the the story. Thanks again for your interest! Huuuuuuuuuugs

Interested Players List:
@B_Julez
@Mephisto1313
@MioBrave
@NotAllThatCreative
@Cyrus McRae
@Rimechapel
@RustyFable
@Jahdeen
@Jumbled
@jxs_lxn
@Sage_.
@Cat
@vuroe
@SapphireXx

Last edited:
AS for feedback, I think that setting a small expectation of posts and sort of limiting the scope so that it wasn't a massive novel to read on the daily would be a good idea. Like no limit on a persons entry post, but after that maybe keep posts to a paragraph or two. Really let the group aspect and interactivity shine through rather than several separate longer story's playing out side by side but with limited interactivity.

I might have moar thoughts, but I'll let other peepers do their peepin first

If we're just hanging out slice of life style, I can join. A road trip sounds like fun! Though, cue Mio's anxiety; they've never been on a trip. Would it be a bother if Bagel comes along?
(And, if you're wanting just modern, no magic, I can human-fy Mio and go from wizard to book nerd. But, if we want to just use personas as is, no changes needed.)

If we're just hanging out slice of life style, I can join. A road trip sounds like fun! Though, cue Mio's anxiety; they've never been on a trip. Would it be a bother if Bagel comes along?
(And, if you're wanting just modern, no magic, I can human-fy Mio and go from wizard to book nerd. But, if we want to just use personas as is, no changes needed.)
Yay!! There can be some magical elements, though I mostly picture it as slice of lifey. Julez has also never been on a trip either (never left L.A. County technically) so they can have anxiety together!

Well you folks're gonna need someone to bring snacks along! And lemme tell ya - I just came into ownership of a rilly fun lunchbox cooler! I like the recommendation of keeping posts short. I think it will lend itself to snappier RP.

Looking forward to RPing with you all~ 🤎

Well you folks're gonna need someone to bring snacks along! And lemme tell ya - I just came into ownership of a rilly fun lunchbox cooler! I like the recommendation of keeping posts short. I think it will lend itself to snappier RP.

Looking forward to RPing with you all~ 🤎
Make sure to bring the chicken nuggies you owe me

So, some in-story explanation stuff. To pay for the trip, everyone will chip in for gas. Julez will cover hotel fees, as she's booked some gentleman's club gigs along the way at certain stops. There's nothing explicitly sexy planned for this story, but if you want to incorporate that into the actual play we can, but as of right now Julez working will be "off screen."

Man... the DAY after I decide to take a hiatus I see this. I had a blast doing the sanctum holiday party, so I may or may not be up for this, depending on how the next couple of weeks turns out for me. Maybe if I would be able to jump in midway?

I also have to wonder about vehicles in this context. It's entirely possible there could be a couple groups in a few cars or something crazier than cars. Might help narrow down who replies to who depending on how big this ends up. I know that was a bit of a stressor for some at the holiday party.

Man... the DAY after I decide to take a hiatus I see this. I had a blast doing the sanctum holiday party, so I may or may not be up for this, depending on how the next couple of weeks turns out for me. Maybe if I would be able to jump in midway?

I also have to wonder about vehicles in this context. It's entirely possible there could be a couple groups in a few cars or something crazier than cars. Might help narrow down who replies to who depending on how big this ends up. I know that was a bit of a stressor for some at the holiday party.
Yeah, there are definitely opportunities for people to meet up or break off along the way. I'm thinking instead of an RV it could be a couple of SUVs and we can group up in them between stops.

You know I'd love to have you along! Huuuuugs

Back
Top Bottom