Secret Santa (and a Sanctum Seasonal Stream update)

Currently reading:
Secret Santa (and a Sanctum Seasonal Stream update)

Do you want to participate in the Secret Santa?

• Total voters

JamesMartin

Sa souvraya niende misain ye
Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 8:29 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Seasons greetings Santum!!!

First, to get the update out of the way: The dates for our movie nights have been set! Our Christmas classics stream will take place this Saturday (December 16th) starting after noon, EST. Film suggestions are still being accepted.

As I expect people will be too busy on the 23rd, our Hallmark stream will take place on Saturday, December 30th, also starting just after noon. Movie lists for both will be added to both threads this week.

Secondly: In an idea shamelessly stolen from @Riff, we have decided to run a sitewide Secret Santa.

The idea is simple: If you want to participate, please vote "Yes" in the attached poll. Come this weekend, I will send a mass PM to everyone on that list: This will be your chance to opt-out.

The rules:

1. This is a strictly $0 Secret Santa. Gifts can take the form of Writing, poems, pictures, art, a mood board, a card—hell if you want to do a song or a video, more power to you. But they must be your creation (No AI) and they must be able to be sent on-site. They must, for this reason, also follow site rules.

2. Names will be distributed after the mass PM, most likely on the 18th or 19th, to ensure time for the opt-outs.

3. Gifts must be delivered in the week between Christmas and New Year's Day (January 1st). If you will be unable to get something done before that date, please do not sign up.

4. As the holidays are hectic and things can come up, we are creating an emergency squad of Santum Elves and... okay, I can't holiday theme this. If you'd be willing to make a second gift in the event someone needs to drop out, please post below. This will hopefully mean that everyone who signs up will get a gift.

5. If for any reason you think you cannot make the deadline, tell us early. We can deal with it, but more notice makes it easier

6. We will make an acknowledgment thread sometime before the gifts are given, as a public place to thank people. We will allow gifts to be shared publicly there, but it is up to the person who receives it to do that. It's their gift after all.

Movie Night update:

Here's the final list:

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966) 26 minutes
2. Home Alone (1990) 103 minutes
3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989) 97 minutes
4. The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) 75 minutes
5. Elf (2003) 97 minutes
6. A Christmas Story (1983) 93 minutes
7. Klaus (2019) 97 minutes
8. Die Hard (1988) 131 minutes

This stream works out to be around 12 hours long. Feel free to come and go as you please!!!

I would love to join! I will be making journaling scrapbooky moodboardy pages by hand , inspired by their fav char or something cute they like, & scan them in. So I can definitely create more than one! Please write me down as one of Santa's secret elfs ❤️

Interested!! Hopefully this will inspire me to draw something new ♥️

I can provide two gifts ^^

Last reminder: If you want to participate, you NEED to respond to the poll

Back
Top Bottom