MxM Seeking 1x1 | dystopian, supernatural

Currently reading:
MxM Seeking 1x1 | dystopian, supernatural

Ashpunk

sharp teeth and loud music
Local time
Today 3:36 PM
Hey, name's Ash! I'm new to this site, but not to roleplay, and this is my first 1x1 search thread here.

Currently looking for: Dystopian or supernatural/urban fantasy roleplays

OOC Information

-I go by Ash and use they/them pronouns. I'm 23 years old.

-I live in the US, Eastern time.

-I favor story driven roleplays, always with original characters and almost always in original settings.

-My goal is at least a few replies a week, and I'll try to let you know when I need to take longer.

-I do third-person, paragraph style. I do around 3-4 paragraphs per reply, with exceptions when the roleplay calls for it.

-I favor LGBT+ characters and love a romantic subplot, so in this thread I'll mostly be looking for mxm. Trans and non-binary characters always welcome.

-I prefer story-driven rather than smut-driven, but am happy to roleplay out smut scenes if our characters have chemistry.

-Communication - I hope for a partner who will talk OOC through PMs, so we can discuss the roleplay, and get to know each other a little bit.

-Length - I like partners who can match my length (3-4 paragraphs) or even write more, in which case I'll try to match you.

-Activity - I have no specific activity requirements, but if you're quiet for longer than two or three weeks, I will probably check in to see if you're still interested.

-World-building - I love a partner who likes to world build with me. I often come to a roleplay with world/plot ideas already, but I want my partner to be able to add their own ideas and make it their own.

-Okay with some dark themes - Although I do usually like my roleplays to have more hopeful themes as our characters grow and heal, there will still be darker themes as well. Some of my characters have suffered abuse, brainwashing, violence, etc., and these things will come up in roleplay.

I prefer to avoid any of the following:
-Smut-centric roleplays
-Anime-based roleplays
-Yaoi tropes
-Non-con/rape
-Guro kink, bathroom kinks (other kinks can be discussed)
-Abuser x abused relationships

Plots and Characters

I have three characters currently available: Kian for dystopian roleplays, and Zeke (werewolf) or Gabriel (hunter) for supernatural.

I will include brief descriptions of them, but if you want to see their more in-depth bios, you can find them here: https://writerssanctum.com/threads/ashs-cast.13142/#post-291731

An alternate version of our world, where creatures of legend, such as werewolves, vampires, fey, and all sorts of others exist in secret. There are non-humans who are dangerous, but there are also plenty of them who just want to live in peace. There are humans who devote their lives to hunting such people, and some of them don't differentiate between the dangerous and the innocent.

Gabriel Hawthorne is one such human. Raised in a deeply religious clan of hunters, Gabriel is trained to kill any non-human he is ordered to, while ignoring any doubts or guilt he may feel.

• Option 1 - Your character is Gabriel's latest target. Gabriel has been hunting your character for a while, and finally catches up to them. Your character has to either convince Gabriel to spare their lives, or subdue him long enough to talk to him; either way, not an easy task.
  • Option 2 - Your character was once human, and was a childhood friend of Gabriel's, but they lost touch with each other. Years later, your character has been turned into a vampire, werewolf, etc -- and they are now the hunters' latest target. But when Gabriel catches up to your character, he can't bring himself to kill his old friend. Instead, he helps your character. Soon, they find themselves on the run from Gabriel's clan.
  • Option 3 - Gabriel and your character are both on the trail of a rogue supernatural, responsible for the deaths of many humans in the area. The rogue is a tricky, sadistic killer, and the longer he goes uncaptured, the higher the body count climbs. Eventually, desperation forces our two characters to work together.

* A quick warning, Gabriel is deeply closeted, and might say ignorant/hurtful things at first.

In Zeke's world, the existence of werewolves and other shifters is common knowledge, and they live openly alongside humans in relative peace. There is some tension between werewolves and humans, but generally most humans acknowledge werewolves as equals and vice-versa.

Zeke lives in a huge city with a large shifter population. Cage fighting, where two shifters are pitted against each other while spectators watch and place bets, is an illegal but lucrative blood sport. Cage fighting leagues have ties to human/shifter trafficking and organized crime; they pay off police and city officials to escape prosecution.

Zeke is one of the most popular fighters in one of the larger leagues. Though not undefeated, he is a fierce competitor, and his fights tend to draw a lot of spectators and a lot of bets. He even has a local fan following. He earns enough to make a living by fighting, but the truth is, Zeke is being blackmailed to keep fighting, whether he wants to or not.
  • Your character could be another fighter. Your character gets thrown into the cage with Zeke-- whether they win or lose, Zeke doesn't hold grudges and they get to talking after the match.
  • Your character could be a spectator, who has seen Zeke fight before and is curious enough to want to talk to him.
  • Your character could be a human who gets mixed up with the fights in some other way (i.e. they're a medical/vet professional who is enlisted into patching up the fighters.)

In a distant future after environmental disasters and war have nearly wiped out the human race, and nature has reclaimed most of civilization. Most cities are now forests, with hardy plants covering walls and roots breaking up what were once roads. The weather and climate is unpredictable, even extreme. Animals have had to evolve to adapt to these conditions, so some species have become more dangerous than ever.

Pockets of humanity survive, banding together and forming towns and nomadic clans. There are roving packs of bandits and raiders preying on travelers, sometimes growing bold enough to attack towns. There are also power-hungry people fighting over control of habitable land, warlords who call themselves heroes.

My character is a young man named Kian, who has lived alone outside of a town for the last two years. He is quiet and reclusive, and the townsfolk find him odd due to a number of strange habits he has, especially the fact that he insists on keeping the lower half of his face covered at all times. He seems to lack social graces, and sometimes comes across as rude without meaning to. But he is a talented healer, with knowledge of plants that grow in the ruins and skills to treat injuries-- the closest thing to a doctor you're likely to find in this world. He shows a surprising amount of gentleness and compassion towards his patients, and is willing to help as much as he can without asking for much more than a bit of food in return.

I would like to tailor a more specific plot for your character, but some suggestions to start with:
  • Your character could be a sick or injured person in need of help. The townsfolk direct them to Kian.
    Your character is being pursued by some bad people, maybe raiders or someone your character has wronged who is seeking revenge. Your character is injured badly but is able to escape into the ruins, where they meet Kian. He offers them treatment and a place to hide.
Kian himself is being targeted by raiders, and your character steps in to help but is injured, so he takes them back to his home to help them.

Sorry, that was a bit long~ If any of these ideas or characters strike your fancy, feel free to drop me a pm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom