Either Needed Set Sail! A Fantasy Pirate crew search!

Currently reading:
Either Needed Set Sail! A Fantasy Pirate crew search!

Should I add personality to the character sheet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, all right, mate, I'll submit one when it's ready :)

Question about said character. I saw a mention of abilities. What exactly does that entail? I need to understand the magic/lore/mythology systems of the world so I can make something suitable.

Well, I do love me some pirates. If you need more people to fill in, I volunteer myself. I have a couple of characters in mind.

Oh, all right, mate, I'll submit one when it's ready :)

Question about said character. I saw a mention of abilities. What exactly does that entail? I need to understand the magic/lore/mythology systems of the world so I can make something suitable.
When I say abilities I mean skills or powers that set them apart from an average person. If they're a really good swimmer I'd put that. If they can heal using water put that as well. I'm building the world as we go since the the captain hasn't seen the world past the shores of her home village.

If it's still space, I'd be pretty happy to join in. Always wanted to join a pirate crew group RP, and this seems cool. At least I would like to give it a try. Anyway please let me know if it's any more room ^^

And I have another question, but what species can our characters be? I'm not sure what I would like to go for, but I have some made up type of species too. I don't know if that'll work.

Alright here's my starting boy. Hope he looks good. It's been a good minute since I've made a character purely for RP.

NAME: Murtagh Reid
DESCRIPTION and/or PICTURE: Murtagh has a somewhat muscular build from years of hauling all sorts of heavy from tools to planks. His occupation has netted his tanned skin plenty of scars from a buildup of small mishaps, though he does boast a few that look like they came from something other than an errant tool. His long brown hair is usually tied back, as to keep his face mostly clear whilst he works.
SPECIES: Human
HEIGHT: 5'10"
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: -Shrugs- "Well, I'm pretty sure I haven't married yet."
SEXUALITY: "Don't reckon I've thought too hard on it. I think everyone looks nice in their own way though."
ABILITIES: You'll find very few carpenters on the sea as capable as Murtagh, his knack for keeping a ship floating almost second nature. He's also a passable shot. He's no sharpshooter, but he's good enough.
RANKING: Shipwright

I don't know what I will be doing but... I will send another once I see everyone's

NAME: Malva "Mallow" Gray
aa8b0f3b89dfce2e4279def539a388fc.jpg

"Tomato and strawberries. That is what exploded. Do not worry."

SPECIES: Warlock

HEIGHT: 5'8"

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single

SEXUALITY: "What is that? Some kind of ingredient?"

ABILITIES:
Being an 'oath breaker' from the ancient language, Mallow could cast barriers, spells and a few elemental balls though it is a last resort for him. This would drain his energy and he would be sick for most of the day after three or more spell casting. He usually just uses his found knowledge in making simple ornaments and amulets to bring in small luck to his target. Trinkets with spells and potions is his specialty.

He sucks at fighting. He can dodge, yes, but could not physically fight off anyone. He tends to stay behind and be a support.

His potions do not immediately take effect. Like coffee, it tends to take effect after half an hour after consumption.

Not only is he proficient in potions but also has a vast knowledge on the properties of the things in his kitchen. He is a walking apothecary book.

RANKING: Alcohol Distributor Cook - "What? Creating potions and cooking are in the same caliber. Just do not ask what is in there."

PERSONALITY:
One could already conclude that Mallow is a bit unhinged when stand outside the kitchen and listening to him either laugh maniacally or chant foreign words as he cooks up the meal. Whatever is happening in the kitchen stays there as the result is something delectable. He could replicate a dish by tasting it twice and would also make sure that he adds in his 'secret ingredients' to make his crewmates face the day. A little bit of stamina potion to those who are doing the heavy stuffs, sleeping potions for the insomniacs, love potions for those who pissed him off, a little bit of strength here and there as well as help in stocking whatever the doctor needs.

Mallow tends to be the person who listens and gives advices as well as questionable brews.

If it's still space, I'd be pretty happy to join in. Always wanted to join a pirate crew group RP, and this seems cool. At least I would like to give it a try. Anyway please let me know if it's any more room ^^

And I have another question, but what species can our characters be? I'm not sure what I would like to go for, but I have some made up type of species too. I don't know if that'll work.
Any species! This is a high fantasy world!

NAME: Apollo Dawn
DESCRIPTION and/or PICTURE:
Human form
IMG_1277.jpeg
Dragon form
IMG_1279.jpeg The dragon form is about the same size as an adult human.
SPECIES: Dragonshifter(Half human, half dragon)
HEIGHT: 5'3"
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: "I am not in any."

SEXUALITY: "That is not so much for me, or…?
ABILITIES: Can shift between dragon and human forms.
Dragon form can breathe pink flames.

RANKING:

The childish one, who doesn't take things seriously. Maybe sometimes an useful navigator.

EXTRAS:
He/Him/They/Them

Apollo is a young dragon femboy, who has a pretty cheerful innocent personality. He doesn't wear dresses or anything, but he wears light pink and pastel colors. His hair looks long, though it isn't any longer than medium or shoulder length. They often get mistaken for a girl, sometimes even going unnoticed for a longer while, being called by the She/Her pronouns. He doesn't mind, as he can be a bit of a mischievous kid sometimes. Yes he gets called "Kid" too, even though he basically is, acts and looks like a 19-years-old. He would act very pirate-like in a mostly playful, an almost role/playing way.

Anyway here's Apollo Dawn, hopefully they're good enough.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom