Site Movie Night(s)

Currently reading:
Site Movie Night(s)

What movie nights are you interested in?

• Total voters

JamesMartin

Sa souvraya niende misain ye
Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 12:49 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello again!!!

So as was mentioned in our recent millionth post announcement, to celebrate, Sanctum Movie Nights will be making a return!

All movies are streamed through a site known as Kosmi, which allows anonymous viewing as well as signing in with various services. When we start, an announcement with the link will be posted!!

Typically we do these on weekends, starting in the early afternoon and continuing until late so that users from all time zones can drop in.

Anyways! This post is to serve as a poll for the general movies we will select (based on the suggestions in the original thread).

Please note that these are NOT EXCLUSIVE. If people enjoy them, odds are all of these and more will happen at some point!!!

And of course, any further suggestions will always be welcomed.

The only limits are they must be digitally available and (due to technical issues with streaming subtitles I have not ironed out) must be in English

Super excited to see how this works out!! This is cool!!

Btw, I kind of feel It Follows belongs more in Horror Lite category. Not the same calibre of creepy as real heavyweights like Exorcist, Midsommar or Hereditary for example.

It Follows is an edge case. Most of it is tension, but there are like 3-4 scenes that I'd call way scarier for an average person than the Exorcist.

Action seems to be the clear winner for our first night!! We will be considering other nights in the future, depending on reception.

Our current plan is to start sometime in the early afternoon (EST) on Saturday, August 5th. An announcement with the link will be sent out. We will be running until late, with the idea being that you can drop in at any time depending on your timezone.

The link can also be found right here (Nothing will happen until the night, but you can make an account early if you like): Kosmi - Online Hangouts Made Easy

Our current film list (Subject to change, the order might be moved on the day):

1. Terminator

2. Terminator 2

3. Predator (I swear these aren't all Arnold movies)

4. Mad Max Fury Road

5. Jurassic Park

6. The Bourne Identity

7. Deadpool 1&2

More suggestions are welcome, I have not fully timed out if this will cover the full length of the run.

Your list should have the best movie of all time: Withnail & I, but I'll be there for Terminator either way.

I said other because I don't know what to call cult classics.
I said The Warriors as a suggestions because it's one of my favorite films of all times but calling it action is giving it too much credit. So maybe a cult classic night something akin to that? I hate saying "cult classics" because its always the same 3 Kubrick movies but I'd love to see what's a cult classic for other people!

Our current plan is to start sometime in the early afternoon (EST) on Saturday, August 5th. An announcement with the link will be sent out. We will be running until late, with the idea being that you can drop in at any time depending on your timezone.
I'll have to miss out, I got work at 2:30 eastern that day.

Thanks for hanging out and shooting the breeze, Allura! That was really fun! I hope something like that happens again soon.

Back
Top Bottom