Sa souvraya niende misain ye
Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 9:16 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Halloween approaches Sanctum Dwellers!!9823.

As always to accompany the spooky season, I am planning a pair of extended movie nights featuring a slate of horror films.

Preliminary plans are for one on October 21st and a second on October 28th, but I might move the date or add additional shorter ones on a weekday if people are interested who cannot make a Saturday stream. For how they work, see my previous post.

As we have for past Halloweens, we will be splitting these days into a scary night, where actual horror movies will be shown and a casual night (let's call it "sissy night" ๐Ÿ˜) where we will show horror comedies and older films that no one would actually be scared by.

Please pour forth your recommendations for both nights below and please specify which films are for which. The only rules are that subtitles cannot be required (as they often do not work on stream) and anyone who recommends Insidious will be required to find better taste in movies.

See you in our Seasonal Streams Sanctum!!!

Oh and as a reminder, for those of you who really wish to get into the Holiday spirit: Give our site Halloween theme a try!!

Update

The preliminary list of movies is ready to go!!

Sissy Night (October 21st). As a disclaimer, while none of these films are scary, some will contain nudity, gore, mature subject matter and animal death (reality of the genre). I will post disclaimers on the day, but if any of that might cause you problems, I strongly recommend checking the films in advance. This site is an excellent resource.

Stream will start around noon EST . Order might change on the day:

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas 1993
2. Young Frankenstein 1974
3. The People Under the Stairs 1991
4. From Dusk Till Dawn 1996
5. House on Haunted Hill 1959
6. Scream 1996
7. The Lost Boys 1987
8. Ginger Snaps 2000
9. Ravenous 1999
10. The Cabin in the Woods 2012

Scary Night (October 28th)

1. Halloween 1978
2. The VVitch 2015
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974
4. It Follows 2015
5. A Nightmare on Elm Street 1984
6. The Thing 1982
7. Evil Dead II 1987
8. Reanimator 1985
9. Phantasm 1979

Last edited:
Horrors that are Chilling but not really scary:
House on Haunted Hill with Vincent Price
The Haunting 1963
Comedy of Terrors
Twice Told Tales
House of Wax 1953
Dracula
Frankenstein
Van Helsing
Sweeny Todd the Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Crimson Peak (all time favorite)

Funny Horrors:
Young Frankenstein
Little Shop of Horrors
The Haunted Mansion
Hocus Pocus
The Lost Boys
Beetlejuice
Death Becomes Her
Addams Family
The Munsters
of course anything by Tim Burton

Last edited:
... I can't believe I almost forgot to include anything with Vincent Price :facepalm:

.... Failure. Absolute. FAILURE.

The KING of Halloween and you do not include him?! that's half my spooky library is just Vincent Price! (i'm messing with you man, is all good, those films are over 60 years old)

Older Horror That Aren't Too Scary:
Jekyll and Hyde
The Invisible Man
Dracula with Bela Lugosi
The Fog
The Original Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Frankenstein
The Bride of Frankenstein

Halloween approaches Sanctum Dwellers!!

As always to accompany the spooky season, I am planning a pair of extended movie nights featuring a slate of horror films.

Preliminary plans are for one on October 21st and a second on October 28th, but I might move the date or add additional shorter ones on a weekday if people are interested who cannot make a Saturday stream. For how they work, see my previous post.

As we have for past Halloweens, we will be splitting these days into a scary night, where actual horror movies will be shown and a casual night (let's call it "sissy night" ๐Ÿ˜) where we will show horror comedies and older films that no one would actually be scared by.

Please pour forth your recommendations for both nights below and please specify which films are for which. The only rules are that subtitles cannot be required (as they often do not work on stream) and anyone who recommends Insidious will be required to find better taste in movies.

See you in our Seasonal Streams Sanctum!!!

Oh and as a reminder, for those of you who really wish to get into the Holiday spirit: Give our site Halloween theme a try!!

Love the Halloween theme <3

The Haunting (1963)
Dr. Jekyll and Sister Hyde (1971)
The Wicker Man (1973)

Young Frankenstein
Scary Movie (2000)

It's not a traditional Halloween movie, but Repo! The Genetic Opera is a go-to for me during spooky season! Dystopian gothic horror rock opera on a low budget?! Yes please!! I'd have to say it goes in Scary Night because it is rather gory, but it's a good watch if you like cult favorites!

I'm unsure if this belongs in scary or casual, but The Thing (1982).
And two people have already said this, but I'd love to put in a third vote for Young Frankenstein on casual night.

Horror Movies:
-As Above, So Below (my absolute favorite)
-The Descent
-Paranormal Activity
-Nightmare on Elm Street
-The Exorcist (the original)
-The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
-The Conjuring
-The Nun
-The Hills Have Eyes

Funny/not so scary Horror:
-The Nightmare Before Christmas
-Hocus Pocus
-The Craft
-Practical Magic
-Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I'm in the mood for some gore:

Braindead (AKA Dead Alive)
Cannibal Holocaust
Day of the Dead
Evil Dead (1981 or an uncut version of 2013)
Hellraiser
High Tension (English dub)
Maniac
Martyrs
Phantasm (Any)
Piranha 3D
Re-Animator
Saw
Society
Terrifier
Terrifier 2
The Devil's Rejects
The Fly
The Green Inferno
The Sadness (2021 - if there's an English dub)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Tokyo Gore Police (English dub)
Zombi 2 (Lucio Fulci - if there's an English dub)

Update

The preliminary list of movies is ready to go!!

Sissy Night (October 21st). As a disclaimer, while none of these films are scary, some will contain nudity, gore, mature subject matter and animal death (reality of the genre). I will post disclaimers on the day, but if any of that might cause you problems, I strongly recommend checking the films in advance. This site is an excellent resource.

Stream will start around noon EST . Order might change on the day:

1. The Nightmare Before Christmas 1993
2. Young Frankenstein 1974
3. The People Under the Stairs 1991
4. From Dusk Till Dawn 1996
5. House on Haunted Hill 1959
6. Scream 1996
7. The Lost Boys 1987
8. Ginger Snaps 2000
9. Ravenous 1999
10. The Cabin in the Woods 2012

Scary Night (October 28th)

1. Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974
2. The VVitch 2015
3. Halloween 1978
4. It Follows 2015
5. A Nightmare on Elm Street 1984
6. Evil Dead II 1987
7. Reanimator 1985
8. Phantasm 1979
9. The Thing 1982

As an additional disclaimer, I had to cut certain movies for time. Zombie movies were deliberately excluded as there were so many candidates I might instead do a specifically zombie-focused stream at some point in the future.

I am also considering running a stream of certain movies on Halloween nightโ€”that one will probably be run off the cuff

Anything with "the man of a thousand faces" Lon Chaney or Boris Karloff would be great too...

Back
Top Bottom