Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 11:44 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
Happy Holidays one and all

As 2023 draws to a close, we have a little bit of housekeeping!!

1. Rules update

As it sounds, we've done a much-needed update of our site rules. No significant changes have occurred, we have merely codified some longstanding policies and restructured some other rules for clarity

1. Added anti-discrimination policy to Rule 2

2. Clarified that no, you cannot bully our staff

3. Clarified that yes, you can bully the admins

4. Added thread deletion policy to rule 4

5. Added underage faceclaims to underage character rule

6. Expanded and clarified the ways in which you are not allowed to have sex with animals, stop asking

7. Added clarification on AI content

8. Combined several rules regarding spam into one spam policy

9. Explicitly banned posting in other people's request threads, all responses should be via PM

10. Rewrote and expanded chat rules

11. Added several missing Oxford commas because I'm a hack and a fraud

Whoever finds the inevitable typo I didn't fix gets a cookie*.

2. Nobility upgrade

Okay, so it is cheating to call this an announcement since it started months ago, but we have expanded our old nobility colours!!

Those who donate to the site can now choose between three colour schemes

image.png
image.png
image.png

All three should be fully usable on all themes. Gold and red remains the default assigned by the site when you donate. If you want one of the others, please either request in your donation message or send me a PM.

There is no difference between them other than aesthetic: Any donation of any amount will let you choose any of these colours. More might be added, but no current plans exist.

3. User blocking

As a site safety feature. We have installed an add-on that allows Admins and Moderators to force mutual ignores on two users. This will prevent them from messaging each other or seeing each other's content.

We will allow users to request use of this feature, however, it is not a toy. It is intended for when two users are incapable of coexisting on site together, not as a temporary measure.

Oh, and you can't block staff, so I fear @Ipsie will continue her reign of terror unabated.

4. Rules Agreement

Another new add-on will require new users to agree to the rules when signing up.

At some point in the next week, this will be rolled out site-wide. When it happens, do not panic, you will just need to agree to the site rules once so that the new system knows you have done it.

5. Onboarding

Due to some recurring bugs, I have removed "Verify email" from user Onboarding. I will be looking to add other alternatives. If you have no idea what I am talking about, you can ignore this part!!

Edit: Do to some even more annoying bugs, I have un-removed it. Oops.

6. Site events

We have had three movie nights with great success since October and another one is coming on Saturday (movie list forthcoming). Furthermore, our Secret Santa has seen gifts distributed to more than thirty Dwellers and I'd like to thank everyone for their participation and @Riff for the idea.

I am planning more movie nights in the coming months! If you have any theme suggestions, post them below!!! Likewise, if you have more sitewide events we can run, feel free to make your suggestions!!

7. Artists Display and AI

The staff have, after some consideration and concerns raised by members, decided to update the forum rules for The Artists Display. Specifically, that forum will no longer allow any form of AI Art. As its purpose is for people to display their own creations, we feel that is negated by the inclusion of content the user themselves did not create.

Art created by AI which a user has substantively altered might be considered as an exception. If you need clarification, please ask a staff member

To be clear, this is not a sitewide ban. AI Art can be included in Character Threads, World Threads, User Blogs and throughout the forum. It merely removes it from our dedicated art forum.

8. Thank you

Finally, to close out the year, I'd like to extend heartfelt thanks from both Otys and myself (yes, we have hearts. Theoretically)

First, to our staff, without whom this site would be unable to function

Second, to our generous donors, who have not only kept the site running but enabled us to make improvements

Last but absolutely not least, to each and every one of our users. This was in many respects our most successful year ever, seeing us pass one million posts, thirty thousand threads, with twelve-monthly writing challenges and a record number of entries for them.

Thank you for 2023. I look forward to seeing you make 2024 even better.

*Cookies provided for locating typos are entirely hypothetical. The Inner Sanctum takes no responsibility for illnesses as a result of consuming these cookies. Ask your Doctor if cookies are right for you

Thank you all for your hard work on this site. May 2024 surpass your hopes and dreams.

Back
Top Bottom