Staff member
Administrator
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 12:58 AM
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello Sanctum Dwellers!!!

As some of our established users might know, April 4th is the Sanctum's birthday. We have been open for 5 years now and for that, I want to extend the thanks of the Admin team both to our phenomenal staff for keeping things running and to you, our users, without which this site wouldn't have come so far. Now, for a couple of major announcements:

Rules Update

As part of the celebration, we have made a significant overhaul of the Sanctum Rules. After you're done here, I strongly suggest all users review them at this link.

To be clear, the substance of the rules has not changed. Rather, this overhaul served two purposes; updating poorly worded policies to ensure that both staff and users understand them as much as possible and bringing some rules more into line with the way they are actually enforced by our staff. In summary (not a substitute for reading the rules):

1. We have clarified our bestiality policy, especially as it pertains to half-humans

2. We have clarified site rules regarding off-site contact information

3. We have added our unofficial policies regarding thread bumping, thread promotion and so our to the official rules for transparency

4. The rules have been reordered to hopefully make related policies easier to lookup

A New Sanctum Project

After some consideration, the staff have decided that it's time to expand our team on a project that we have been working on behind the scenes for nearly 4 years. Namely, by opening the floor for anyone who wants to contribute.

The idea is simple: A single, canon, Sanctum world, with its own place in the forums. A world with a set map, magic system and political situation. This world can be used by individual users for their threads or by our Dungeon Masters as a setting to run official forum games, with a ruleset catered to the needs of a forum. To make it clear: This would not be mandatory, nor would it replace any of our official forums—it is merely an opportunity for anyone interested in worldbuilding to offer their ideas. For now, just get your brains in gear—a thread for ideas and with parameters will go up in the next couple of days and once ideas are in, I will compile it for a grand opening.

Now—go re-read the rules thread. Did you think I was kidding about that? :p

Just a note: Any and all typos in the Rules thread are just the Sanctum's version of an Easter egg hunt. They are totally, 100%, not a mistake by the admin team.

The site project is live. Details here

Last edited:
So I'm reading through the "new" rules, which all seemed pretty familiar because I've read them before, but I figure that's okay because they're just tweaked a bit here and there -- and then at the bottom I noticed it was last modified two years ago. So is that something you want to take a look at to ensure the changes took hold? (Technology is not my thing, you know.)

Yeah, you can ignore that. Usually we hide "Last edit" information so fixing a typo doesn't get a slew of questions about what changed. Guess someone missed that by accident

Thanks for your prompt response. I was actually hoping that was the old rules so the new bumping policy would be something more like two weeks or a month. Of course for some people here, waiting three days will probably cause some degree of psychological harm ... so I guess I'm happy with what I can get.

But still ....

Our general bump policy is that we don't want people forcing their threads constantly back to the top, but don't want the request forums to stagnate either. 3 days is around the time it takes a thread to fall out of the first page on the main forum, so allowing bumps that often gives everyone a chance.

I absolutely LOVE the new rules! thank you! Amazing Job! The update made me so happy and I'm pleased to say that that fixes any and all minor disagreements I've held with Sanctum. Amazing work, wonderful update, happy 5 year anniversary!

Back
Top Bottom