Currently reading:
Closed Summer Vacation- Limited spots

BigBird

Send memes please
Local time
9:41 PM
Pronouns
They/She/He
Super nervous cause this is my first Rp in a while, but the idea is from an old rp I joined at another site. It's kinda vacant now but I really like the concept so I'm revamping it here. Hope some of you peeps are interested!

The setting is college. You could just be finishing your first year or heading into your last. Either way, it's the summer and you want to make it memorable, do something fun ya know? Go some where new and exciting, but what college student has that in their budget?

Some strike of good luck happens, there's a nation wide contest being broadcast on your favorite radio station, A once in a life time trip, all expenses paid, to a newly opened resort in New Mexico. As a promotional deal the resort is holding a contest, and six individuals can claim a room at their hotel, for the entire summer!

With such an exciting opportunity, who wouldn't go? So you apply online at the radio's website. Give your name, number, what you do currently, and a short essay on why you deserve to go, and how you expect the vacation to affect you, and hit send. Fingers crossed till the end of the week, hoping you get spot.

-The winners are drawn at random. The resort just wants some facts to display from the contest, to attract new customers once they officially open.

Finally, it the end of the week, your anxious.
Practically sitting on the edge of your seat as it draws close to anouncing the winners of the contest. They call the first name; it isnt you, but you hold your breath hoping the next one is. They keep going through names till finally, your phone rings. You pick it up, and the other end of the recieving line you hear;

"CONGRATULATIONS __________! YOU JUST WON A ONCE AND A LIFE TIME TRIP TO REAOLTA RESORT!!!"

Your summer has officially been made.

This RP is Slice of Life, and will possibly be full of Romance and Drama.
  • If you have idea for the overall plot. You can either PM me or share it here. (this will serve as the OOC hub)
  • If you want your character to hook up with someone else's, you can also state that here, or PM them! Whoever ends up with who is strictly up to creators.
  • I'm always looking forward to new ideas from other people.
Including me, only six spots are available
  • I don't like super big rps, I usually limit mine to a 6-7 person maximum
  • The six contest winners will be the main characters of this Story but if you wish to have another character - like resort staff or a local from town who hangs out with the winners, ex partners that show up- that's cool too.
  • But make sure the extra character has a role in the story, I don't like random fillers roaming around who don't advance the plot.
  • I'm Allowing everyone to make as many characters as they can handle
  • Big No-No: can not make two characters that take up main character positions. Only one per person.
  • Will only make an exception to this rule if no one comes to take the last position (If this happens, Please PM me to take the other position)
No one liners!
  • I do not like them. If you don't make lengthy replies that's okay, but please do not post a one liner and expect someone to give your character a good interaction.
  • The responses your character gets are based on how much information you give to the other person. It's difficult to work with one liners
Be creative!
  • Give your character some depth! Let them like weird things and be into odd hobbies. Please! I'm tired of the usual cookie cutter; nice girl, Play boy, druggie, and bad girl live together set up.
  • This doesn't mean your character can't have these characteristics, but don't let it be their whole character.
Have fun!
  • I will try to make this rp as interactive as possible, but if you have an idea, let me know! I love working with other people on stuff like this. Since everyone is getting a spot everyone should be involved with the creative process.

Here's a Pre-made Skeleton for characters. If you want to make your own that's fine as well, but items will be required

* - Required Information
** - Interchangeable
no * - Not necessary
{Photo of Face Claim}*
[Name / Nickname]*
"Quote"**
Age | Birthday / Sign | What year * | Ethnicity | Sexual Orientation |*
Three facts**
Three Likes/Dislikes**
Little Background Info*
A song- for representation**

Male 1 : Edward Gibson (CoraReif)
Male 2 : William Margrave (Endac Korinth)
Male 3 : Dante Hines (Baxter Peters)

Female 1 : Yasmine Dupre (Onetruebirdy)
Female 2 : Valentina Laurent (Robbie Aldridge)
Female 3 : Wren Blanchard (PrettykittytheKitten)

Last edited:
Have the feels for a writing something more sol, interested! I would probably concentrate on playing just one character, leaning toward male? Have to do some brainstorming ^^

Hey! , I am definitely interested in this , I'd rather play a female just because I'm more comfortable with it .... but overall the idea is fantastic!.

Hey! , I am definitely interested in this , I'd rather play a female just because I'm more comfortable with it .... but overall the idea is fantastic!.

Of course! Whatever you're comfortable with. I still have open spots so I can't refuse you if that's what you want! Thank you for taking interest, I'll put your name up. Begin making your character sheet if you want!

Have the feels for a writing something more sol, interested! I would probably concentrate on playing just one character, leaning toward male? Have to do some brainstorming ^^

If you want Cora, you can begin making your character sheet as well!

yazy.jpg luk.jpg image4.jpg
Indya Marie
Yasmine Abriana Dupre
Yaz, Munch, Ladybug
"Oh Shit, Did I say that out loud?"
21 | 02-28/Pisces | Sophomore | African American/Puerto Rican | Bisexual |
Three facts
1. Yaz has anxiety and depression
2. Only her cousin calls her munch
3. Yaz only eats yogurt, reese's puff cereal and pastries for breakfast

+ Sneakers
+ Comedies
+ A god pair of ear phones
+ Bubble baths

Dislikes
- Being under estimated
- Fighting
- Cops
- Seafood that isn't shrimp

Little Background Info
Yasmine grew up living with her grandmother and cousin in Chicago. Her parents died in a car crash when she was very young. Since then her Abuela Anita, has been her legal guardian. Around seven her Abuela adopted then, her cousin Hakim, after his mother was arrested for drug possession and smuggling. They grew up together becoming the others best friend and guard-dog. Hakim was always pushing Yaz to be good, better than what they grew up with in Chicago. And Yasmine kept him out of trouble as best she could. She didn't know the rest of her family that well Only and aunt and uncle or two a few cousins at most. Her family was full of fragmented sections and clans. She wouldn't be able to piece together until older.

Growing up in the heart of the city, Yasmine has seen some things and had things happen to her that would make the typical american angry beyond belief. but it was life, her life, and she honestly couldn't imagine it any other way. She had to know how to fight, how to defend herself and speak her mind when insulted, simply stating, she wasn't the best kid in the class, but she was one of the smartest. Yasmine loves learning, it's something very limited in the city- correction, the ghetto. Being apart of a poor area meant lower budgets and bad school districts, but whatever information she could gather from her primary years was a blessing.

Which was why she was so excited when her acceptance letter from Illinois State came in the mail. A chance for her to to be properly educated in classes and subjects she's never heard of before. But money, as always, was tight. Her first year she would have spent as a freshmen she took as of off year to work and take a little break from school. A year after she used what money she earned and whatever funds left her parents gave her in their will to attend Illinois State. College was a whole new ball game though, and even though it was fun for Yasmine it was also very difficult. plenty of times she thought about giving up when it got to her, or even throwing her whole life away when things didn't turn out exactly how she wanted. But Hakim and Abuela were always by her side. Sending her letters and packages, Hakim would borrow a friends car to drive up and see her. So she could vent and then blabber about the stuff she learned in her humanities class. She was so happy whenever he came because it felt like a small escape from her sometimes harsh reality.

A similar sensation she felt when winning one of the tickets to the Resort contest. it was so surreal hearing her name on the other end of that call. The shouting she did, and how hard her Abuela cried. It was so thrilling and nerve wracking that she would be going to experience a whole other world apart from hers.

Last edited:
Looking around for some group RPs because a conversation I had sparked my interest in them again. I think something fairly simple like this would be a good way to start. I tend to stick with male characters myself. Still looking for people I'm guessing?

Yes I am! And we still have male spots open. Thank you for showing interest ill set you up with a spot. For now, you can get started on your character sheet if you want!

Edward 'Eddie' Gibson
tumblr_lwycntPaXg1r595rqo1_500.png

Basic-
  • 23 year old male
  • born 11/15- Sagittarius
  • engineering student in second last year
  • Tall, 6'2", lean build
  • Dark chestnut hair kept long on top
  • Hazel eyes which can barely see without prescription glasses
  • The rich kid, family of old money
  • modest, shy, inexperienced, friendly, bashful
  • always having an attraction to woman, however, secretly bi-curious
  • works a part time job- despite wealth
  • Common attire more dressy-casual, always well kept
  • inexperienced with substances of intoxication
3 Likes:
  1. the ocean, more specifically, being on the ocean in his families yacht
  2. the smell of vanilla
  3. alone time, or one on one, nervous in social situations
Dislikes:
  1. Confrontation
  2. people who blab secrets
  3. any possibility of failure
Brief Backstory-

Eddie was always the 'Dudley do right' of his small circle of friends. He graduated with honors in prep school, this opening the doors to more prestigious places of education. This was much to his parents liking. His father was a renowned heart surgeon and mother a famous news anchor. He was somewhat sheltered and a lot spoiled. Unlike other young adults with money Ed was modest and humble, working a job at a convenience store part-time while tending to his studies. The young man's friends had always teased him, always told him he needed to put himself out there and experience life in all its glory. Eddie was inexperienced in pleasing anyone other than himself, something that was not publicly known. He agreed to let his friends enter him in a once and a lifetime vacation contest. He was already 3 years into his engineering studies and only had tales of books and grades. Very anxiously he waits to get this whole experience over with and get back to the daily grind of everyday life.

Last edited:
William Arthur Margrave
1-The-copper-brown-dyed-hair-men-haircut.jpg

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Height: 6 feet
Weight: 167 lbs
Build: Athletic, lean. The only defined muscle mass he has is on his arms, however average it is.
Hair Color: Naturally beige blonde.
Eye Color: Greenish/Gray with flecks of blue.

Personality: Will isn't the textbook definition of Jock. Cocky? Sure. Arrogant? To the "t". A bit of a party animal? Oh you damn well better be sure of it. But he's not the stereotypical douchebag kind of guy that those traits best lend themselves too, and he makes a point to prove that. He has a heart, knows when to speak softly, how to treat a girl right, how to stand up for his friends, and best of all, knows how much of a farce the popularity system is.

Occupation: Going on his fifth year in college, having about 24 credits to make up before he is finished. Used to play guitar for the up and coming band "Black Diamond Boots", Currently working as a jazz guitarist at night clubs during the week, and as a barista on the weekends, working whatever he can get.

Short Bio: After the heartbreak of losing his girl to one of his band mates, this after finding out she was cheating on him, Will left the band he had started in highschool, and attempted to focus solely on keeping himself afloat, after his parents couldn't afford to keep paying his tuition. He picked up jobs playing guitar in lounges, night clubs, and restaurants to keep money coming in to pay for his classes. Moving into his 5th year of college, and knowing he only had so much time before he was unable to afford it, he decided to raise a glass, and test his old luck, see if it all hadn't left him yet, by signing onto this competition. All expenses paid? There wasn't a sweeter sound he had heard in all his life.

Likes: Drinking, playing his instrument, partying, playing video games, long walks in silence listening to the world around him.

Dislikes: Arrogance (That's his job), Petty drama, Pompous pricks, the stigma of the popular kid, being wrong, being talked down to, being read (i.e. people who can read him when he's upset)

Last edited:
110iybk.jpg

5153992.png

fc: Troian Bellisario
height. 5'9"
weight. 145lbs
eye color. grey-brown
hair color. warm brown with natural highlights towards the front
complexion. peach and cream
build. slim and atheletic
distinguishing features. mockingbird tattoo on the back of her neck
5153999.png

name. wren cordelia blanchard
nickname(s). none
age. 20; feb. 14; aquarius
year. sophomore
gender. cisgender female
sexuality. panromantic homosexual
personality. wren comes off as disinterested, snippy, and cold, if not completely emotionally unavailable, but underneath her wall is a fiery passion for love, justice, and knowledge that will rage on until the day she dies. she's progressive and philosophical, an intelluctual, and behind the harshness is a young woman that dreams of having a love like in a nicholas sparks book, but her inability to finish what she starts holds her back; between the twelve half-read novels laying on her bedside table to the months of undone homework in her bag, she will never feel done with her to-do list. wren speaks in sarcasm so often- along with a low, monotone voice- that not even her parents are sure if she's ever serious or not, but for those who speak her language, she can be one of the funniest people. however, she tends to mask her emotions with sarcasm, uncomfortable with showing her true feelings to most people.
biography. *-aight cool so I hate doing these, so I'm gonna just give y'all a fun little synopsis, green text style ;) (don't worry, I hate me too XD)-*
-has kid brother
-well, had
-bro was kind of a weird kid
-liked things like bugs
-got sick a lot
-smol boi
-not many friends
-gets bullied
-main nickname ant boy
-bro gets depressed
-you can guess what happened
-i know, tragic
-wren misses him lots
-really close
-used to camp in backyard together
-très mignon
-still bitter at the world
-hence why closed-off
-boom, the end
likes. coffee and a good book ~ old sports cars (her dream car is a '59 Ford Thunderbird in turquoise) ~ pretty, quiet places to watch the sun rise
dislikes. the willfully ignorant ~ mystery novels (she spoils the ending for herself every time) ~ bullies
other. her tattoo of the mockingbird represents the idea of what mockingbirds represent in To Kill a Mockingbird as applied to her brother, whom she identifies as a mockingbird of today's society ~ smokes, but limits herself to two a day (one after school and one before bed) ~ really good at latté art ~ theme song: This Is The Time by Nothing More
2058sjt.jpg
wip

110iybk.jpg

5153992.png

fc: Troian Bellisario
height. 5'9"
weight. 145lbs
eye color. grey-brown
hair color. warm brown with natural highlights towards the front
complexion. peach and cream
build. slim and atheletic
distinguishing features. mockingbird tattoo on the back of her neck
5153999.png

name. wren cordelia blanchard
nickname(s). none
age. 20; feb. 14; aquarius
year. sophomore
gender. cisgender female
sexuality. panromantic homosexual
personality. wren comes off as disinterested, snippy, and cold, if not completely emotionally unavailable, but underneath her wall is a fiery passion for love, justice, and knowledge that will rage on until the day she dies. she's progressive and philosophical, an intelluctual, and behind the harshness is a young woman that dreams of having a love like in a nicholas sparks book, but her inability to finish what she starts holds her back; between the twelve half-read novels laying on her bedside table to the months of undone homework in her bag, she will never feel done with her to-do list. wren speaks in sarcasm so often- along with a low, monotone voice- that not even her parents are sure if she's ever serious or not, but for those who speak her language, she can be one of the funniest people. however, she tends to mask her emotions with sarcasm, uncomfortable with showing her true feelings to most people.
biography. *-aight cool so I hate doing these, so I'm gonna just give y'all a fun little synopsis, green text style ;) (don't worry, I hate me too XD)-*
-has kid brother
-well, had
-bro was kind of a weird kid
-liked things like bugs
-got sick a lot
-smol boi
-not many friends
-gets bullied
-main nickname ant boy
-bro gets depressed
-you can guess what happened
-i know, tragic
-wren misses him lots
-really close
-used to camp in backyard together
-très mignon
-still bitter at the world
-hence why closed-off
-boom, the end
likes. coffee and a good book ~ old sports cars (her dream car is a '59 Ford Thunderbird in turquoise) ~ pretty, quiet places to watch the sun rise
dislikes. the willfully ignorant ~ mystery novels (she spoils the ending for herself every time) ~ bullies
other. her tattoo of the mockingbird represents the idea of what mockingbirds represent in To Kill a Mockingbird as applied to her brother, whom she identifies as a mockingbird of today's society ~ smokes, but limits herself to two a day (one after school and one before bed) ~ really good at latté art ~ theme song: This Is The Time by Nothing More
2058sjt.jpg
wip
Thank you kitten! All these characters are really good. I cant wait to start interacting with them.

I'll fill you in as the last female spot. Now we have one male to go then we're ready to rumble.

Thank you Robbie! Now we only have one more spot to fill and we'll be ready to start!

(reading all of your forms I might have to beef mine up a little more. lol)

Haha, it's still more fleshed out than mine though.

I know that feeling. I use to roleplay with people who use to write whole books about their characters in their forms. It was always so overwhelming.

I could never do it though, I like to do all the descriptive details when I'm actually playing them out.

Yea exactly!

Like, I always have a base for each of my characters, their overall characteristics and general mannerisms, but that stuff gets fine tuned once I stick them in different scenarios. It's more realistic, I guess? Having them grow as the story matures, cause that's how we work as people.

Back
Top Bottom