Marie K

Serf
Local time
Today 8:50 PM
Pronouns
She/Her

Super or Villain

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

Over the years their title in society has changed, but their powers never have. Whether known has gods or demons, people born with supernatural qualities still exist, however quietly. Governmental agencies and conspiracists have been the only ones who know of their current existence, but with such little evidence even they are speculative.

But that is all about to change.

◤━━━━━━━━━━━◥

YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO
A

MASQUERADE BALL

AN EVENING OF COCKTAILS, MUSIC, DINNER, AND DANCING

hosted by
THE ASHER FAMILY FOUNDATION

SATURDAY, AUGUST 26TH
FROM 6 PM UNTIL MIDNIGHT

•BENJAMIN'S HALL•
•203 GREENLEAF LANE•

rsvp by August 17th at srarahmhamgwmonp143@ymail

Wear your finest mask!

clouds-2517653_1280.jpg

Information:

Whether due to the demands of your job or by personal choice, you find that you're among the lucky few invited to a masquerade ball put on for the Asher Family Foundation. It's no secret that the Asher Family Foundation is an organization started by the Asher family after their youngest son and brother died tragically the summer before. The suspicious, the circumstances surrounding his death are few. After being found unresponsive in his condo downtown, his death was ruled as an overdose.

'Not surprising,' some had said. After all, his family was rich, and the wealthy frequently indulged in such unhealthy habits.

But you know the truth because you secretly are what comic book enthusiasts would identify as a 'superhero' or a 'villain'- and so was Nathan.

Nathan didn't overdose. He was killed by a so-called villain when his narrow view on good and evil placed him the danger's way.

The ball itself begins without a hitch, lively enough to wake the residents in the nearby cemetery. Whether alone or with a special plus-one, you linger a while, not anticipating the coming excitement about to unfold.

A woman appears on the top of the balcony overlooking the ballroom. Her stark red hair and tightly woven dress are the only things that would warrant attracting any sort of attention. She is, after all, just one masked beauty in a room full of them.

However, a secretive smile unfolds along her lips, cueing utter chaos.

Someone hands her a microphone and she gains the room's attention with an offhanded joke about the city's congested traffic on a Saturday evening. The atmosphere is at ease, nothing to warrant the uneasy prickly sense in the pit of your stomach (should your super or villain pick up on incoming danger in such a way.)

"People, mortals," she corrects herself, leaning against the balcony railing with one hand on the microphone and another on a long-stemmed glass of champagne. "It has long been my desire to share with the world its hidden treasure, and tonight, you are the fortunate ones to witness the unraveling."

Cameras focus in on the woman as reporters wait on edge of their seats. Their appearance at the masquerade was no surprise, given the extravagance of the event and prestigious guests who had made an appearance. However, it's clear now if it wasn't before, that they had been anticipating her all evening.

All of it had been a set-up.

Extending her glass, she indicates the room full of people, but her gaze locks on you.

Her smile stretches almost unnaturally so.

"May I reveal to you the superheroes and villains of our day."

All at once television screens around the room flash with footage of you using your powers. It's impossible, yet there it is for the world to see.

Gasps erupt around the room. Of course, there will be plenty of speculation over the authenticity of the woman's claims. But far too many people have witnessed things in the past they could not explain at the time, and for them, all the missing pieces of the puzzle fall into place.

You've been found out.

What will you do next is the real question, because after tonight...

hiding is no longer an option.

Rules and Objectives:

1. This is a group-based roleplay. I'm hoping for at least 4-5, but will be thrilled if more decide to join.

2. Paragraphs are required.

3. I dislike posting orders due to how life pulls people away for long periods of time, but please remain respectful and give people a chance to post.

4. It goes without saying the rules of the site carry over into this roleplay as well.

5. Ideas are welcome, but much of this will be up to the individual writer as to what they want to do with their character and their storyline. I will not control other characters but will push the direction of the story at times to keep it going. Whether you're a villain or a hero, or simply a human who somehow found themselves entangled in their web (sp man pun definitely intended), that is up to you. I hope to add some drama by using Nathan's death in the story, but I won't push for anything not first agreed upon about the group as a whole.

6. Romance is, of course, permitted, and hopefully will enrich the plot a bit. Your relationships are between your character and the person's character, but I do ask that any eyebrow raising scenes fade to black so the general storyline doesn't get interrupted and don't feel
uncomfortable.

The main objective of this roleplay is to bring out the super or villain inside of your character. For centuries, your character's kind has remained out of sight, and if not, others like them have taken out those who would rather see their secret known to the world. History has forgotten their kind, humans have rejected them, but now there is more hiding. Sure, your character may return to being reclusive, but they will be hunted and sought after by those with ulterior motives. They can choose to run, or rule like a king or queen.

Or they can choose to defend the world from those with such malevolent intentions.

The decision is theirs.

(I'm sure I've forgotten something. If I remember it later, I'll add it. Please let me know if you have any questions.)

Last edited:
I like it. I love exploring the impact of superhuman abilities on people's lives.

I'm thinking Villain, but explicitly, one who targets the wealthy and corporations and distributes that funding to help the less fortunate. Someone who views capitalism as their nemesis.

Perhaps the Scion of some incredibly wealthy family, like the Kochs or whatnot.

That'd be great. I like the sound of your character already and look forward to seeing more.

I'm far too tired tonight, but I'll be getting the forums up soon.

Interesting reveal.... Is Aunt Jules at all psychic? How does she know so many identities?

I don't mind if Markus has videos of him while he's wearing his villain mask.... Lifting up a car to use as a barricade.... A little hand to hand with the police....

Interesting reveal.... Is Aunt Jules at all psychic? How does she know so many identities?

I don't mind if Markus has videos of him while he's wearing his villain mask.... Lifting up a car to use as a barricade.... A little hand to hand with the police....

So, she was part beneficiary of a massive fortune and is more than wealthy enough to hire private investigators and such to capture the footage. Of course, she couldn't have captured every super and villain on camera, but now the world will be forced to accept their existence l, regardless.)

While her niece and nephews have powers, she does not. Since Nathan (the one that died) confided in her, she knew about supers and villains, and believes he was depressed and overdosed, but really he was murdered (but that's as far as I've gotten.)

So she believes she's doing everything for her deceased nephew, believing if the world knew about supers and villains, he wouldn't have died. Of course the financial kickback isn't bad either.

She's not a main character though, just needed her for the opening drama, and she'll probably get killed by a vengeful super or villain for outing them. (Sorry, that was a bit winded.)

I'm sorry, everyone, but I'm going to have to step back. I appreciate everyone's interest. If you guys want to continue and make it your own, that's just fine. Life is just too chaotic and I don't want to make everyone wait. Sorry, again.

Back
Top Bottom