Male(s) Needed The Devil's Marauders (A World War II Roleplay)

Currently reading:
Male(s) Needed The Devil's Marauders (A World War II Roleplay)

Tame Impala

~ lost in yesterday ~
Local time
Today 2:24 PM
WARNING.jpeg
WARNING: This roleplay will contain strong language, violence, blood/gore, potential minor sexual content, alcohol/drugs, politics and other adult themes. All of this will be within the rules of the Inner Sanctum. If you are easily offended by any of the above, this roleplay is not for you.

PLOT.jpeg
"I was told to spend ten years in prison, or join the military. Could you imagine the U.S Military being so short on men that they gave us criminals a choice in the court? To me, that seemed like one of those get out of jail cards that you could get in Monopoly. When I took the offer to join the military I thought I got the same options as any other man fighting the war. I could not have been more wrong.
By the end of 1942, we were 20,000 criminals in the Army. We even got our own Division, the 107th Infantry Division, nicknamed 'The Devil's Marauders'. I'm part of Fox Company, 3rd Battalion, 408th Infantry Regiment of the 107th Infantry Division.
It's been one year since we completed our training, and it was hell. We were not treated equally because of our criminal background. We were shown absolutely no respect and all of the sudden, jail didn't seem like such a bad place to be.
Today we're shipping out to England where we'll prepare for the largest action in the history of warfare, Operation Overlord."

You'll be roleplaying as a soldier in the 107th Infantry Division, specifically 1st Squad, 2nd Platoon, Fox Company, 3rd Battalion, 408th Infantry Regiment. You're a former criminal who chose war over prison, a choice you were given in court.
You might think that people do not care about your background on the battlefield, that you're all brothers out there, but you could not be more wrong. You're a criminal, the other units wants as little as possible to do with the 107th. You're the first ones in, and the last ones out. They will not go easy on you.

The roleplay will start on May 30th, 1944, when the 107th arrive in England seven days before their first operation, the invasion of Europe.

RULES.jpeg
RESPECT AND ETIQUETTE: Be courteous to the others participating in the roleplay. If you plan on leaving the roleplay, please let me know beforehand. If possible, you should also write yourself out of it in character.

GODMODDING/POWERPLAYING/METAGAMING: This is regarded as the ultimate low in Roleplaying, as it's not only unfair but also disrespectful. I'm sure you know what godmodding/metagaming/powerplaying is, if not, I highly suggest you look it up before joining this roleplay.

BASIC ENGLISH IS YOUR FRIEND: Proper grammar, spelling and punctuation is very important in roleplaying. I'm not asking for A+ English as it's not even my first language, but basic knowledge of the English language is a requirement.

CONTENT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LENGTH: I won't ask for a five page essay for each post. I'll simply say, two paragraphs is more than enough to satisfy me. With that said, two paragraphs per post is a minimum.

BE REASONABLE AND REALISTIC: You do not have unlimited ammunition/grenades, do not "Run N' Gun" and remember, there's always a bigger gun. Try to be as realistic as possible, I do not want anyone to go all "Rambo" on us. Also, you must use realistic faceclaims in your Character Sheet.

EVERY ACTION HAS A REACTION: While it's easy to disregard things in a roleplay-setting, everything you do has consequences or some effect on the world around you. What do you do when you capture a dozen Waffen-SS men who executed 50 innocent men, women and children just moments before you arrive? The bodies are still cooling when the Nazis surrender with a smile… What would you do?

KEEP THE DRAMA INSIDE THE ROLEPLAY: I do not want any drama outside of the roleplay, please. However, feel free to bring it in to the actual roleplay.

You absolutely must follow these rules, and of course the rules of the Inner Sanctum.

ROLES.jpeg
Here are the different roles available for you to choose from. You can also see what rank, weapon and basic duties each role has assigned. You may choose up to two roles if you feel like you can handle it.
SQUAD LEADER: @Tame Impala
Staff Sergeant (Ssg.)
He leads the squad in combat. Under the platoon leader's direction, the squad leader arranges for feeding his men, enforces proper observance of rules of personal hygiene and sanitation, requires that weapons and equipment be kept clean and in serviceable condition, and checks and reports on the ammunition supply within the squad.
Weapon: Thompson M1A1

RIFLEMAN SCOUT: Open
Private (Pvt.)
The rifleman scouts are in charge of squad security. When advancing in the presence of the enemy, the squad is preceded by it's scouts who seek out the enemy and prevent surprise. Scouts precede the squad at such distance that it will not be subjected to surprise small-arms fire.
Weapon: M1 Garand

RIFLEMAN SCOUT: Open
Private (Pvt.)
The rifleman scouts are in charge of squad security. When advancing in the presence of the enemy, the squad is preceded by it's scouts who seek out the enemy and prevent surprise. Scouts precede the squad at such distance that it will not be subjected to surprise small-arms fire.

AUTOMATIC RIFLEMAN: Open
Private (Pvt.)
The automatic rifleman is the man with most fire power. His job is to suppress the enemy so the rest of the squad can move forward and possibly flank the enemy position.
Weapon: M1919 Browning

ASSISTING AUTOMATIC RIFLEMAN: Open
Private (Pvt.)
The assisting automatic rifleman simply assists the automatic rifleman. He helps deploy the machine gun and he calls out enemy position to the man behind the machine gun. He should always be prepared to take over the machine gun in case the automatic rifleman gets hit or has to leave his post for whatever reason.

AMMUNITION BEARER: @Tame Impala
Private (Pvt.)
The ammunition bearer does a lot of other things than carry ammunition. His role is much like the assisting automatic rifleman. He helps deploy the machine gun and calling out enemies. He should also be prepared to take over the machine gun if something were to happen.

ASSISTING SQUAD LEADER: Open
Corporal (Cpl.)
The assistant squad leader performs duties assigned by the squad leader and takes command of the squad in his absence. The squad leader may designate him to command a portion of the squad, to act as an observer, or to supervise replenishment of ammunition.
Weapon: Thompson M1A1

RIFLEMAN GRENADIER: Open
Private (Pvt.)
The rifleman grenadier carries - depending on the mission - a grenade launcher, flamethrower or bazooka. He and the second grenadier is in charge of taking out tanks and using explosives to the squads advantage when necessary.

RIFLEMAN GRENADIER: Open
Private (Pvt.)
The rifleman grenadier carries - depending on the mission - a grenade launcher, flamethrower or bazooka. He and the second grenadier is in charge of taking out tanks and using explosives to the squads advantage when necessary.

RIFLEMAN: Open
Private (Pvt.)
The role of the rifleman is the most basic role in the squad, but they are also the backbone of the squad. The will usually be the ones flanking enemy positions, the most flexible soldiers in the squad.

Private (Pvt.)
The role of the rifleman is the most basic role in the squad, but they are also the backbone of the squad. The will usually be the ones flanking enemy positions, the most flexible soldiers in the squad.

Private (Pvt.)

MAIN | CHARACTER SHEET

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom