Closed War's Children

Currently reading:
Closed War's Children

Local time
Today 6:14 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Steel, Fire, Blood, Forever.

Every ounce of tin we mine is forged with copper to forge out blades.

The toughest leather is reserved for saddles, and to support our armor.

Lives are dedicated to raising the strongest, fastest steeds to charge into battle.

Our children are born for the same purpose, to meet the same end. To fight.

Your young has completed their 12 years of education, and has reached the minimum age to attend the Kriyat Military Academy. They have two years to begin their attendance, after which your young will be in direct violation of the law, punishable by servitude in a labor camp. Students will attend the academy for the mandatory period of two years, and will serve in the war for one year to complete their enrollment.

May Kriyat fight on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Set in a medieval nation surrounded on all sides, stuck in a war that hasn't ceased in over 500 years, this RP will be based around a group of students in their first year of the academy. Think Hogwarts, but with weapons instead of magic, and boot camp-esque training instead of classrooms. This being my first "minimalist" group RP idea, I welcome any suggestions/questions about the universe I'm creating, thought I will be explaining most of it along the way.

Look down for the CS format!

Character Sheet:

[Face Claim]

Name:
Class: [Serf-Born, Commoner, Noble]

Height:
Weight:
Eye Color:
Hair Color:
Family Tattoo: [If Any, Coat of Arms, Legacy of Military Service, Craftsman Guild Membership, Etc; Image or Description]
Piercings:

Skill Trait:
Strength: Physical Prowess, Power

Perception: Aim, Patience, Focus

Endurance: Resistance to Harm, Illness, Conditions

Intelligence: General Knowledge, Survival Skills

Agility: Speed, Dexterity, Acrobatic Ability
Discipline:
Ranges:

Short Arms: [14" Max Weapon Length]

Mid Arms: [15-44" Weapon Length]

Long Arms: [45" Min Weapon Length]

Missiles: [Projectiles, Arrows/Bolts]

Weights:

Light: One-Handed Use

Heavy: Two-Handed Use
Second Discipline:
Dual Wielding: Skillful Use of Two Similar Weapons

Carrying: Shield Use, Off Hand to Light Weapons

Medic Trained: Use of Natural Resources to Heal/Aid

Guild Trained: Basic Repair

Untrained: No Additional Discipline, Most Common in Nobles
Ancestral Arm: [If Any, Heirloom Weapon, Name and Description]

Last edited:
~Characters~
1. Lesley Ann Fearson

2. Nahbil El Shadid

3. Ryoko Fukushi

4. Ander Mathison

5. Erik ???

6. Typhun Calcos

Last edited:
~The Story So Far~

Our hero, CasualAdventurer, awaits a batch of the Sanctum's Finest to participate in her latest idea for a group RP! Will she find a group of writers ready to take on the roles of the Academy's latest students? Will this idea reach any level of fruition? Find out... In a few days, I don't know.

Last edited:
Hey there, I'm interested in perhaps joining! I just want to know what the minimum length of post you'd be willing to work with? I'm stuck on my phone for the most part so my writing style is currently quality over quantity. ^^;;

Two meaty paragraphs should suffice. And don't worry about being on mobile, I have no hangups about partners that use it regularly.

I'm interested in joining. It might take a week for me to submit a character sheet, though; I have to study for finals.

I doubt we'll be up and running in a week, though the attention of two people does bode differently. If you end up needing all that time, and we've already begun, I will accommodate your character.

Name: Lesley Ann Fearson
Class: Serf-born

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 165lbs
Eye Color: Dark jade green
Hair Color: Deep chocolate brunette
Family Tattoo: The warriors of her family tattoo an image of their weapon somewhere on their body. Lesley Ann's blades are depicted very simply on the middle finger of each hand.
Piercings: N/A

Skill Trait: Endurance
Discipline: Mid Arms
Weights: Light, One-Handed Use
Second Discipline: Dual Wielding
Ancestral Arm: Father's sword

(If you end up needing anything else, lemme know.:) )

sketch commissions for @maevariss @elissinia @mameedoodles and one of merrill from DA2 :3 (mintlark.tumblr.com) in 2019 | Character design, Character art, Fantasy character design

Name: Nahbil El Shadid
Nickname(s): Nabi
Class: Noble

Height: 5'9
Weight: 164lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Black
Family Tattoo: A small Tattoo of family Crest on Left wrist. Only members of the royal Shadid family have a specific color and pattern to identify a real from a fake one.
Piercings: Two piercings in each ear

Skill Trait: Intelligence- general knowledge, survival skills

Discipline:
Ranges: Long Arm

Weights: Heavy

Second Discipline:
Dual Weilding

Ancestral Arm: (the picture is more of a reference for the idea) Forearm Blade Sword- فحوى الله الإلهية // Fahwaa Allah al'iilhia // Divine Thrust of Allah
Long swords that are held by a handle. The swords are made of a metal-aloi, embellished with gold and silver wires smelted into an elegant design along the base of the sword. The pommels are fitted with Emeralds and the handles are crafted from the finest leather and hemp cloth.

(Let me know if I need to change anything!)

Last edited:
unknown.png

N A M E :

Ryoko Fukushi

(Ri-okoh Foo-koo-shee)

N I C K N A M E { S } :

Ryo

C L A S S :

Commoner

A G E :

H E I G H T :

5"5

W E I G H T :

115 lbs

E Y E_ C O L O R :

Brown

H A I R_C O L O R :

Black

T A T T O O :

None- Any markings other than battle scars/accidental wounds are seen as dishonorable and/or are commonly associated with criminals, vagrants and disobedience in the Fukushi household.

P I E R C I N G S :

She won't wear anything that could possibly weigh her down, not even the finest, most sentimental jewelry.

S K I L L _ T R A I T :

Agility: Speed, Dexterity, Acrobatic Ability

D I S C I P L I N E :

Medium arms

W E I G H T S :

The Katana is designed for two-handed use

S E C O N D A R Y_ D I S C I P L I N E :

Basic medic training

A N C E S T R A L _ A R M :

74aef08369d9ba99bb66c315c8121010.jpg

Passed down from her older brother's training days (she's really using hand-me-downs), Ryo begrudgingly uses a slightly worn & slightly dull katana. Not very long, the blade is curved near the end in order to harshly and quickly strike opponents. It weighs about three pounds and is slightly worn in the handle, WHICH SHE HATES. But apparently the young woman is far too "amateurish" and is aslo "not ready" to use the one she's been eyeing since childhood.

Last edited:

Name: Ander Mathison
Class: Commoner

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 168 lbs
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Family Tattoo: Familial Blacksmith Guild Membership, a black and red ring around the forearm.
Piercings: None

Skill Trait: Strength
Discipline: Short Arms, Light
Second Discipline: Carrying
Ancestral Arm: A short warhammer consisting of a worn block of iron, fastened to a dark, wooden handle wrapped in leather, with a pommel attached to the end. It's clearly seen heavy use as both a weapon and a tool, with it's many burn stains and slight indentations. Ander's family name is etched into the handle.

[Face Claim] - I'll try drawing something for this in a few days.

Name: Erik
Class: Commoner

Height: 5'8"
Weight: A bit lighter than average
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Dark brown
Family Tattoo: None
Piercings: None

Skill Trait:
  • Perception: Aim, Patience, Focus
Discipline:
  • Long Arms: [45" Min Weapon Length]
  • Heavy: Two-Handed Use
Second Discipline:
  • Guild Trained: Basic Repair
Ancestral Arm: [If Any, Heirloom Weapon, Name and Description]
  • A nameless longsword with a long grip, a heavily nicked and worn complex hilt, and an edge slightly wavy from re-sharpening. A nameless blade passed down from a cherished teacher, whose cumbersome weight and length serves as a constant reminder of the ever-present potential for violence.

Is there anywhere we should put a backstory for our characters?

Don't feel obligated to actually draw anything, I'll take any googled face-claim, real or otherwise. On the subject of character backstories, I don't think they're all that important for this sort of thing. They're usually alluded to in people's posts, anyway. If you want to write one up and tack it on, don't let me stop you.

Anyway, looks like we have all our people. I'll get to work starting us off.

This idea sounds pretty awesome, but I notice you have a lot of people already. Am I too late to be included?

Not at all! Kinda wanted a sixth, anyway. Submit a character sheet when you can, I'll be working on the starter today.

upload_2019-12-15_17-24-16.jpeg

Name : Typhun Calcos
Class : Serf-born

Height : 5 ft 10 in
Weight : 190 lbs.
Eye color : light blue
Hair : dark brown
No tattoos
Piercings : silver nose ring between both nostrils

Skill trait : Endurance
Range : short arms
Weight : light (one handed)
Second discipline : Guild trained
Ancestral arm : reinforced steel knuckle covers. Forged by Typhus himself in his adolescence in his fathers smithy. Not quite gloves, but covering a substantial amount of his fist, they are favored as his signature, and are carried everywhere with him.

If there's any issues seeing my picture above, just tell me.

Back
Top Bottom