Unspecified Welcome to the Depths

Local time
Today 11:34 AM
Pronouns
She/they/it
Oh hello there, Welcome to the Depths
Updated on 3-14-24
TL;DR at the bottom of this page, I know I ramble
Afraid to message me first? Drop a 'Replying Now' react and I'll reach out to ya first!
check out my character thread here

The Writer

Call me Grave, Mermaid, Gravemermaid, Gravy, or come up with something new if you'd like! I'll respond to many things so long as you're polite. Currently, a very lost 24-year-old trying to figure out their life, with a very loose relationship with gender, I am whatever is funniest in the current situation. A meme queen with a filthy mouth (I could rank a fair few brands of soap on taste), I'm not nearly this formal once I get comfortable. I love to chat, so even if you wouldn't like to write with me, feel free to reach out anyway!
Roleplay-wise, I'm currently coming out of hibernation, so I'm trying to shake off some of the rust and get back into it. Aside from the breaks I've taken over the years, I've been collaboratively writing for at least half of my life, give or take a few years, and I've been writing solo stories since I was old enough to hold a pen.

The Writing
No shade to anyone who writes any other style, but I personally stick to third person, past tense, and will not write against a first-person perspective. Word counts are a bit arbitrary, but for those who love them, I can manage anywhere from 300 to 1k+. I don't exactly post-match, but I do try to get in the same ballpark. If you give me 600 words, I'm not going to only give you 200 in return, but I might only manage 550, it depends on what's happening in the story. On the flip side of that, I can also write more than what I'm given, though I try to not overwhelm you if my muse runs away from me while writing.
Frequency is debatable and subject to change. I work 30+ hours a week, with strange shifts, and I do have a life outside of work. At the moment, I'm aiming for at least one post a week, maybe more if I have free time, but this can change depending on the length and my muse. If our replies are on the shorter side, I can probably get more responses in. If we're writing a small book each time, it's obviously going to take me longer.
On that note, I don't mind if you post more or less than I do, though a heads-up for extended absences is nice if you're able. I am ghost friendly though, so if the story no longer interests you but it scares the daylights out of you to say so, that's fine. Confrontation is scary, and while I won't bite your head off about it, I know that's not always the case and you may be afraid. I don't take a great many things personally, so you're always welcome to tell me if something isn't working for you. I also understand sometimes things happen and you can't give notice before disappearing off the face of the Earth, or you lose your muse for a story. If that ever happens and you eventually want to come back, feel free to reach out! I've had some stories go on hiatus for nearly a year that I was still willing to jump back into, so it's likely I'll still be down.

Character-wise, I play just about everything, though my characters are usually queer in one way or another, even if it doesn't exactly come up in the story. Side characters are also a huge bonus, I love making and playing sides to really flesh out the world.
Pairing-wise, I'm down for anything as well, FxF, FxNB, FxM, NBxNB, NBxM, MxM, even polyamory. I will say I am very selective about MxF if my partner wishes for me to play the sole male role, if only because of bad experiences in the past. I am double friendly, however!
Of course, not every pairing has to be romantic in nature, I'm also down for platonic, found family, etc etc. I do love romance though, of every flavor, so bonus points for it. Smut, however, I am not as inclined towards, I'm much more likely to gloss over it rather than write it out in excruciating detail. That's not to say I'm entirely fade to black, but that I won't write out every single action. If you'd like a better explanation of that, just message me, it's entirely too much to explain here.
On the topic of more mature things, I have no limits on gore and violence, so long as we discuss it first. Don't drop a violent situation on me or my characters without talking to me about it first, but if we've discussed and decided on what's roughly going to happen, go nuts! Tell me in as much or as little detail as you want about how a knife fight goes, and I'll do the same.

Interests and Ideas
-Supernatural anything, werewolves, vampires, folklore, a n y t h i n g
-Something with a god or gods
-Morally grey characters
-Superpowers
-Aliens/Fantasy Races
Hero x Villain
Hero x Sidekick
Villain x Sidekick
Hero x Vigilante
Villain x Vigilante
Sidekick x Vigilante
Guard x Royal
Royal x Servant
Monster x Human
Monster x Monster
God x Human
God x God
Demigod x Human
Demigod x Demigod
Pirates
Cowboys
Monsters
Aliens
Superheros/Vigilantes
Sci-fi
End of the World
Western
Fantasy
Really anything except a modern slice of life unless there's a twist to it.
Mermaids exist, from beautiful blood-thirsty Sirens to playful Selkies, and the world is divided on how to handle them. Some want to eradicate them, some want to leave them alone, and some want to capture them for study and display, a new exotic creature to show off. Muse A is one of these sea creatures, captured and sold off to the highest bidder. There are a few options for Muse B, they can be the ultra-rich snob who bought Muse A, they could be an employee of the ultra-rich tasked with Muse A's care, or someone trying to free Muse A's kind. Regardless, what happens when they meet? Does B see A as just an animal, something to be kept locked away? Do they become friends, or maybe more, B realizing A is more human than they've thought? Will B help A escape back to their home or help keep them locked away forever?
A princess locked in a tower. A suitor coming to save her after many others fail. A tale as old as time that always starts and ends the same. A girl locked away only to be swept away by a conventionally attractive guy who she's instantly in love with the second he enters the room.This is not that story. This is the story of a girl locked away, yes, but a girl who turns away every suitor to knock on the door. A princess with only her handmaiden/guard for company (it would be improper for her guard to be male), aside from the rare visits of her parents. A princess with many deep secrets, all of them improper and all of them keep her turning men away.This is also the story of a girl from the mountains, chosen as a child to be a guard and companion to the young royal her age. A girl who is gentle and fierce in equal measure. A girl who knows there is meant to be a clear boundary between her and her princess but knows all too well that lines are often blurred. A girl holding a secret in her heart and knowing it will break her but she must do her duty even if it kills her.This is a meant to be a story about tradition and duty, but perhaps it will be a story of breaking tradition and ignoring duty. What happens when a princess locked in a tower isn't so eager to be saved? What happens when lines are blurred and boundaries crossed? Do you listen to your head and follow your duty? Or do you listen to your heart and follow your own destiny? - This plot has a few things that can be changed, it was written FxF but that can be switched around, and the guard could also be a dragon shifter. Really, there's a lot that can be moved around but the gist is Royal x Guard, will they, won't they?
A hero and a villain, destined to destroy each other, but what happens when they fall instead? Does the villain come to the light or the hero fall to darkness? Who is saved and who is lost? So many different ways this could go, but violence abound, enemies to lovers, etc. I'm thinking more MHA style world where superpowers are normal and common, but more adult and gritty. Think corruption, bigotry, class imbalances, all that good stuff. Very open to lots of plotting on this one.

This one is dark, go ahead and back away if you don't vibe with incest-y type plots. It's better suited for two partners + me, but can be a 1x1 with some work. Also a very basic plot bunny, needs a lot of work and world building, but the gist is a set of twins obsessed with one person. They're not good people, quite the opposite really, and rather than fight over who gets this person, they decide to share. Whether this goes ultra dark and involves kidnapping and Stockholm Syndrom, or if they slowly corrupt this person down to their level is up for plotting.

The world has ended, corruption and whatever ended the world abound, and everything is basically on fire, maybe literally, but through it all, our characters have each other. How they survive and navigate a world unfit for human life, and how do they stay together when the world wants to tear them apart.

Space age pirates, bounty hunters, a space western, preferably with aliens. Couple ways for this to go, simple space pirate crew, bounty hunter x criminal, really the possibilities are endless, but I'd like for our characters to end up on the run from someone, exploring the vastness of space while trying to stay alive.
Even among the mystical, there is a hierarchy to things, different creatures are more important than others, even among those who share the same affliction. To associate with those lower, especially with those of another kind, is frowned upon. Humans know this best through the rivalry between vampires and Lycans, but it exists with all. For most cases, this hierarchy came about due to power differences, the stronger are mighty, the weak disposable enough, but for some, it is because their power brings fear. Those touched by death, those who can see the threads of Fate, huddle at the bottom of the list, their powers great but full of fear. Cast out by all, they have two paths, find comfort in those like them and make peace with what they are, or anger at those above them which only serves to bring more fear.

In one small town, there lives a lone one of these creatures, a small girl touched by death and cursed with its knowledge. They call her Weeping Woman, Banshee, Bringer of Death, but it all means the same. She sees when Death is near, but most do not want her tears to remind them of mortality. They know when sickness or war is about to sweep through the land, her weeping insistent and unconsolable, not that they ever try; they use her knowledge but do not embrace her. She lives on the fringes, only kept around for her warnings that they do not even want. But something is brewing, bigger than she's ever felt before, and across the land, she and her sisters wail for a terror they cannot see. She sees glimpses though, a warning that the path they are on will spell doom for them all if the course is not changed, and she will not stand by to watch the world fall.

*So, basic premise supernatural world (can be fantasy or more modern), Banshee type girl sees a future that will spell doom for the world if not changed, and goes on a quest to change it. As far as the other character goes, they can be anything, another lesser creature looking to aid her in getting the higher creatures to pay attention, one of the higher creatures she comes to warn, etc etc. For what doom she sees, that is also up for debate, a sickness that is going to sweep the land? An all-out war? A powerful necromancer hellbent on revenge for being an outcast? Normal humans banding together to purge the supernatural? The possibilities are limitless!

An Immortal life is a lonely life, and all creatures handle it differently. Vampires build Covens, families bonded by blood and eternity. Angels find solace in each other, in Faith and Service to a God who does not speak to them anymore. Demons find fleeting moments with humanity, in the chaos, they are alive again. One thing they can all agree on, however, is that to love a mortal is to kill your heart, slowly, painfully. It still happens though, and this is one such story. A mortal being brings life back to an immortal, an emotion they had long since forgotten. Does the mortal find a way to join them in eternity or does the immortal try to find a way to bring their immortality to an end? To love and live as mortal or immortal?

Slightly based off the MHA world and the relationship between Bakugo and Deku as children but no canon characters or anything

In a world full of fantastical powers, where nearly everyone has some sort of gift, two children grew up together, attached at the hip from the time they met. Powers usually don't manifest until children are a bit older, around 5 or so, and the two always swore they'd be amazing heroes together once they got theirs. A fated pinky promise that nothing would change when they reached that age, no matter what, they'd always be the best of friends and make the world a better place. As time passes, one gains a power, but the other never does. For two years, they both hope they're just a late bloomer, but hope fades, and kids can be cruel. The gifted child becomes a bully to fit in, even when the target is their old best friend. In high school, they lose touch, and years go by without much happening. The gifted child becomes a hero, forgetting about their promise, but the powerless child never forgot. In the years without contact, their feelings festered and resentment grew. They would show the world the powerless were just as good as anyone else. Now, the two are about to meet again, not as friends, not as powered and powerless, but as hero and vigilante/villain (up for discussion). What happens when the hero realizes their newest adversary is their childhood best friend? What happens when they're reminded of the promise they broke all those years ago?
In a world full of magic, one kingdom has risen almost unchallenged. Smaller kingdoms have existed, but almost all have been united under one banner as the years have passed. The kingdom thrives and grows, only challenged by the mountains to the south and the fearsome tribes that live there. For centuries, as the kingdom has grown, it has inched ever closer to the mountains, their arrogance at claiming land that belongs to the tribes strengthening with their military. The tribes may have their dragons, but most only have one or two, if they have any at all, and what use is one dragon against an entire army? But times are changing. Where there were once only a handful of border skirmishes, there are now full-scale attacks by the barbarians, coordinated between tribes that were thought to be enemies. One fateful day, the king receives a letter. The strongest of the barbarians, a fearsome fighter with an even fiercer dragon, has united the tribes under a single banner, and war is brewing if the king does not give them back what is theirs. The king is an arrogant man, enraged by how the people of the mountains dare make demands of him, but he is not stupid enough to go to all-out war against gods know how many dragons. No, instead, he crafts a plan. Instead of giving the land back where his subjects have already settled, he offers one of his children in marriage to the leader of the mountain folk, to unify their kingdoms so all subjects can live in peace along the borders. Or at least, that's what he tells them. In truth, he will send one of his children to the land of their enemy, yes, but not for marriage, for an assassination. The tribes had never united before this upstart came along, and without them, the tribes will fall back into disarray, leaving the mountains open for conquest yet again. Will the young royal complete the task they've been given or will they be charmed enough by the strange new people enough to betray their own? Whatever they choose, there will be war, but who will they choose to stand with?

As long as there have been circuses and freakshows, there have been rumors of some that appear in a field outside a town, lovely and loud and strange, without warning or notice, only to disappear when the morning comes. Humans, of course, are divided on the truth of these rumors, but there is some truth to them. Maybe not entirely, humans do have a habit of exaggerating, but these disappearing acts do exist. In a world where the fantastical must hide, these circuses provide a roaming safe haven, veiled by magic and caring for creatures that can't or won't blend into the shadows of human society. They appear, perform fantastical acts, or simply show off, and disappear as quickly as they came once their acts have satisfied whatever needs they have from humans. Some require humans in some capacity to live, like vampires, succubi, and incubi, but some simply enjoy the attention, like the fae. Once the humans have left for the night, they vanish, moving on to the next place to avoid being caught, but what happens when a human gets caught in their disappearing act? Whether the human meant to or not, they're now stuck with a roving band of creatures that should only exist in storybooks, and with their secret out, the circus can't exactly just let them go home.

TL; DR
-Grave, 24, Queer and Non-binary
-300-2k+ words, 3rd person past tense
-all pairings, double friendly
-Current response time is roughly once a week-every 2 weeks
-Romance and platonic = Yes, smut = sure, but more story
-Interested in almost everything
-Ghost friendly​

Last edited:
CURRENT CHARACTER CRAVINGS:
Here will be an ever-rotating cast of characters who I'm craving to play; there will be links to their character sheets, a short blurb about them, and any plot ideas I have in mind! Happy browsing!

3-14-23
Juniper Hawthorne
About:
  • Young, early 20s
  • Coywolf hybrid shifter
  • Nomad looking to settle down
  • Traumatized angel
  • Socially awkward
  • Bisexual as all get out and very nervous around everyone
Pairings/Plots:
  • MxF, FxF, FxNB; possibly polyamory?
  • Supernatural x Human
  • Supernatural x Supernatural
  • Rogue x Pack Member
  • Really I love traumatizing her, so any plots involving her joining a pack, then having to prove her innocence about something terrible (murder, illness, curses, etc) is amazing

Lillian Woods aka Cheshire
About:
  • Young, early to mid 20s
  • Human with a demon symbiote
  • Morally grey as hell
  • Bubbly chaos
  • Pansexual, will flirt with anything she finds attractive
  • Really bad at the whole secret identity thing but somehow managing?
Pairings/Plots:
  • MxF, FxF, FxNB, polyamory welcomed
  • Super x Civillain
  • Super x Super
  • Morally grey x Hero
  • Really would love to see her in a plot where a hero meets and falls for her civilian side while having no idea that the vigilante/anti-hero/whatever that plagues them is actually her. Would be fun to also play it in the reverse where she finds and falls for a civilian and has no idea it's actually the hero she enjoys toying with.

Back
Top Bottom