All Divine University (A Reawakening of the gods)

Currently reading:
All Divine University (A Reawakening of the gods)

This Guy?
544139369612e38bac0d81687ace64a6.jpg
No problem with me. He looks as if he can pass for at least 18 years old.

Oh, hello there! Do you know my name?
I hope you do, because you'll pray to me eventually.

Z1.jpg

Business is a two-way street, I'm sure you understand.
If you want something from me, you must first give an offering.
But of course, you know that already.
So.
Where... is my due? I hope you haven't forgotten.

Want something? I have it.
From good marketing advice to Purdy's chocolate (and some less than legal things, too).
Pay what you owe, and I won't bite, promise!
That crash victim from the news? Well if she though a bit harder, she might remember something.

Z2.jpg

I am the god of all that use the road.
Merchants, travellers, thieves and you.
Hermes is what they call me, or Mercury, like the metal.
Or, well, the planet I suppose.

Call my name, and I'll come running.
"I'm a messenger," "It's my pleasure," "Don't shoot!"
Dial my number, and your order's ready.
"What can I help you with today?" "Please pay in a timely manner." "Come again!"

Z3.jpg

Got bored of Olympus, bored of the Boss.
So here I lay, on my bed in my three-room apartment.
This mortal mind, at 22, is far too frail.
Lost most of my memories, but my identity cannot be erased.

Henry Wilson is my new name.
Wouldn't want to scare these mortals off, now would I?
Hope the big guys up high can get by without me around.
I'll see you in this fun new place!​

@N0ah , okay, I have no prob with Hermes' attitude.
Cool.
Not sure if your idea that he had a choice to leave Olympus or not will work with @Storm Crow .

If there is a solid idea behind Hermes being awakened already as a god then I'm all for it.

For plot points I think it would be really interesting to see our gods go through some stories that happened in their respective myths but in a modern setting.

For instance Demeter is an overprotective mother to her daughter Persephone. So Persephone isn't allowed to live on campus but she really likes this guy (Hades) who one day invites her to his room (which could be decorated any number of ways) and she embraces that rebel side and goes. Demeter loses her shit…on and on.

If there is a solid idea behind Hermes being awakened already as a god then I'm all for it.

For plot points I think it would be really interesting to see our gods go through some stories that happened in their respective myths but in a modern setting.

For instance Demeter is an overprotective mother to her daughter Persephone. So Persephone isn't allowed to live on campus but she really likes this guy (Hades) who one day invites her to his room (which could be decorated any number of ways) and she embraces that rebel side and goes. Demeter loses her shit…on and on.
I was thinking that Hermes voluntarity reincarnated, but kept the basic memories of who he was and some other knowldge (Kinda like Lester in Trials of Apollo). He doesn't have any powers as of yet, but has great instincts when it comes to the things he was a god of.

I was thinking that Hermes voluntarity reincarnated, but kept the basic memories of who he was and some other knowldge (Kinda like Lester in Trials of Apollo). He doesn't have any powers as of yet, but has great instincts when it comes to the things he was a god of.
There is certainly room for this in the thread. Hermes is the god of communication and traveling. Perhaps he even helps bring about the awakening in a character or two?

Certainly room for this kind of character arc!

Back
Top Bottom