Both Needed Dungeons and Dragons - The Dark Lanterns of Eberron

Currently reading:
Both Needed Dungeons and Dragons - The Dark Lanterns of Eberron

Welcome! You have been invited by Lucas Rhydian to join our community. Please click here to register.
That'll come up more in play. You're welcome to invent people as needed for backstory purposes. I'm happy to crowdsource names and ideas.

Hmm. Perhaps some non-warforged butler association just for fun. They are jealous of him because he is exceptional. It is a competitive market for a good butler.

You'll want to give some thought to why you're working with the Dark Lanterns instead of actively serving as a butler.

They directly answer to the King right? If he is ordered to work with them, he would have done as a Butler does and trained his replacement and followed his orders.

I've updated the first post of the thread with character creation details and instructions for getting a link to the D&D Beyond campaign page. For those who've been following along, here's the Edit.

5th Level Characters - Standard Point Buy for Attributes - Normal Starting Gear with Extra Gear Provided by the Dark Lantern Organization (I'll give your characters things based on mission) - All official D&D content is allowed with the caveat that if your character concept doesn't fit the campaign concept, I'll need some good convincing. If you want homebrew content, it needs to be hosted on D&D Beyond. Send me a link, I'll review, and if I like it I'm fine with it's inclusion.

I've created a campaign page on D&D Beyond. To get a campaign invite link, you'll need to PM me with you character concept. That concept isn't something that has to be set in stone. When you start building your characters you might find other inspiration, however I want an initial PM showing real interest.

Are we going to use D&D Beyond to do our dice rolls? There is a game log to see the rolls but I don't know if everyone can see it.

I haven't decided. It's either that or discord. I may poll the players for preferences. So long as I can see the rolls, which I can, D&D Beyond should be fine.

I messed around with it a bit when I was making my character, I like the animations of the dice being thrown on the character sheet. I'd prefer that over Discord.

So do you want the character concept here or just PM you? When I actually play D&d my character is a druid, so I want to do something different. I do want magic though so I can be anything you need me to be that had magic.

PM me. Right now we have a rogue and a bard with a splash of rogue.

We actually have a Rogue with a splash of Bard and a full Bard.

For some reason it lists me as Bard/Rogue but it is the other way around.

Doh, I knew that, just mixed it up between my brain and the keyboard.

OK I made my character on D&d Beyond. I am a half-elf wizard with a faction agent background. I need to mess around with the personality, beliefs, and faults. They are still on some of the defaults. I've got an idea of how I want to play her though.

@Seraph Darkfire Thank you! I was a fan of the name as well. Thanks also for the reminder about level 5, I am adjusting that now. I trying to figure out which arcane school of magic I should go with. Does anyone have a suggestion? I've never played a wizard before. I was thinking maybe Order of the Scribes, School of Evocation, or perhaps War Magic. I know they all have their advantages and disadvantages but I can't decide which would be best for the story.

Scribes is sort of meh in my opinion.

Most of the schools are pretty bland in the grand scheme of things. You're an elf, so bladesinging is an option. Remember, bladesong or not, you're a Wizard first. Just because you can get a decent AC and stab a fool doesn't mean that's your best option.

Divination is considered one of the strongest schools because Portents is rad and divination is useful to a spy.

Evocation is always a solid option when it comes to murdering folks, and starting at level 5 gives you fireball and powered up cantrips.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom