Closed Duskbound (A Dark Fantasy Role-Play)[The Sign-Up Thread/OOC]

Currently reading:
Closed Duskbound (A Dark Fantasy Role-Play)[The Sign-Up Thread/OOC]

Could do this and maybe have her drag Linus somewhere else when duties are not in the way, mostly to the training field. Though the stories, he would have to ask the paladins as Salvia would just give off broken answers or weird recreations of what has happened. And from what I have read, he is like the errand boy of Father Benjamin? Salvia might help in saving his butt from overworking from boring stuff.
That sounds good. Considering Linus already has at least briefly met Salvia, he won't expect answers he'll understand. He'd probably ask out of politeness and to enjoy talking to someone who's pretty unfiltered. He's not a full-on errand boy anymore; he's at a point where he sometimes manages the novices at his Church, makes some independent decisions for minor Church logistical concerns and negotiations, and as an acolyte has responsibilities to help with religious ceremonies and rituals. His responsibilities are comparable to an overworked assistant manager in an understaffed place who ends up having to do a lot of different job roles lol. But the main focus is to work towards larger contributions to the Dawn Church, so his main priority is now understood by Father Benjamin to be studying and training to become a warrior. But yes, he's still expected to do errands and work with his hands frequently, and generally lacks excitement and real combat practice in his life.

I'm loving the posts guys! I like how you guys are interacting with each other have some small side-stuff going on with your characters too ^^

I will try to have a post out by tomorrow! It will most likely just have Hainer getting ready for the execution. Speaking of which, the execution will be happening soon, so those of you who wish to get anything out of the way with your characters before then, now is your chance!

Any chance I could introduce a character later in the story..? Maybe like a chapter 2 angle.

Any chance I could introduce a character later in the story..? Maybe like a chapter 2 angle.
I think we should be able to squeeze you in! What kind of character were you thinking of making?

Not sure yet, but I would build it based on where the story takes you. Perhaps a traveler they meet on the road with similar goals, with a backstory to enhance the plot. I haven't thrown anything together yet because I wasn't sure if there was an open spot.

Last edited:
Not sure yet, but I would build it based on where the story takes you. Perhaps a traveler on they meet on the road with similar goals, with a backstory to enhance the plot. I haven't thrown anything together yet because I wasn't sure if there was an open spot.
Well if you want, you can make a character ahead of time and send it to me in a message to look over, before you post it in here if you want!

Reactions: Ice
It's my custom not to post three times on a multi-person thread without each other member checking in at least once. I find letting posts accrue makes it hard for people to catch up and they tend to check out instead.

I'm breaking the rule in regards to Angel of Mercy, with apologies, to untie Linus and get the characters within range of the next plotpoint. @linsen : you have my permission to move Nicole as you see fit to minimize the need for me to break my rules further. He can also leave her behind, if you wish, she'll find her way alone.

Also, hello Ice... person.

Room for another character? I've only skimmed so far but the world and existing characters seem really interesting!
Sure! I think you will be the last character before I close SUs (aside from @Ice ). You will have to wait until the chapter is over (which shouldn't take too long). But if you want, you can message me your character if you want me to read it, before posting it in this thread :)

I've also posted! If you want to start having your characters at the Gallows, now is your chance to wrap up anything you've got going on. Unless your character will not be attending the execution, that is also okay! They will however miss a small (but important) scene if they do not, but it is not a big deal.

Last edited:
Logistical questions—I'm interested in making a character who is mute, and communicates through sign language to those who know it or body language/facial expressions. I expect that not a lot of other characters would know whatever sign language is used in this world (unless it's a more common form of communication here), but would it be prohibitively difficult for character interactions? The isolation/underestimation associated with it adds dimension to the character, but if it would make things too difficult I understand. I definitely intend to have her interacting with others in her own manner, but the language barrier should be something that enhances the story rather than hindering it.

Logistical questions—I'm interested in making a character who is mute, and communicates through sign language to those who know it or body language/facial expressions. I expect that not a lot of other characters would know whatever sign language is used in this world (unless it's a more common form of communication here), but would it be prohibitively difficult for character interactions? The isolation/underestimation associated with it adds dimension to the character, but if it would make things too difficult I understand. I definitely intend to have her interacting with others in her own manner, but the language barrier should be something that enhances the story rather than hindering it.
I actually don't see anything wrong with that - I actually love that idea! I don't think there would be a universally recognized sign language in this world, however, I don't mind if maybe your character has her own gestures she creates for certain things, or she carries around some sort of book for mutes, etc to clear up things (or whatever comes to your mind).

Is there perchance room for another or is this RP full?

I'd hoped to bounce off Linus once more, but I see no reason Nicole can't just 'be around'. As there's little point in posting just to move Nicole five steps, I'm also okay for now. I'll fill in where exactly she ended up after leaving Linus after the beheading.

My character would love to be at the execution to observe others' reactions, but I think I'm supposed to wait for Ch. 2, right? At any rate, I'm waiting on Ice to finalize some ideas we had for connected characters. Looking forward to sharing them when they're done!

Back
Top Bottom