Closed Duskbound (A Dark Fantasy Role-Play)[The Sign-Up Thread/OOC]

Currently reading:
Closed Duskbound (A Dark Fantasy Role-Play)[The Sign-Up Thread/OOC]

I realize now that when I said "messing around with him" it absolutely sounded like I was talking about Donol, while I was actually referencing Demeris.
Multiple options for the definition of messing around: If she could ruin some of his plans with planned political rebellion, that would be some incredible wish fulfillment on her part (probably much later on in the story). If she could throw wrinkles in his plans with lower-level mischief, she would adore that opportunity. Also, since part of her reckless side is "willingness to play games with attractive others", particularly those who are "bad news" (Demeris certainly fits that bill), there's also the potential for some sort of attraction-based relationship that may or may not be an attempt at manipulation on the part of one or the other of them, may or may not involve Alia knowing who Demeris is, may or may not involve Alia knowing that Demeris is puppeteering his father (probably not, at that point he'd most likely be beyond interest to her as "responsible for the slaughter of innocents including her best friend" goes a bit beyond "bad news").
Although for the first two types of messing around, they could certainly apply to Donol as well.

I realize now that when I said "messing around with him" it absolutely sounded like I was talking about Donol, while I was actually referencing Demeris.
Multiple options for the definition of messing around: If she could ruin some of his plans with planned political rebellion, that would be some incredible wish fulfillment on her part (probably much later on in the story). If she could throw wrinkles in his plans with lower-level mischief, she would adore that opportunity. Also, since part of her reckless side is "willingness to play games with attractive others", particularly those who are "bad news" (Demeris certainly fits that bill), there's also the potential for some sort of attraction-based relationship that may or may not be an attempt at manipulation on the part of one or the other of them, may or may not involve Alia knowing who Demeris is, may or may not involve Alia knowing that Demeris is puppeteering his father (probably not, at that point he'd most likely be beyond interest to her as "responsible for the slaughter of innocents including her best friend" goes a bit beyond "bad news").
That's definitely doable! Like do some sort of uprising or something along those lines that cripples his political power (including his son's). I think once the plot opens up a bit more, that is definitely an option seeing as how people may be getting sick of Donol anyways, and Alia could somehow capitalize on that. Alia causing mischief would give Hainer a lot of work to do as well XD

Posted! Whew that was a LONG one. Some notes for you guys:

It is now Chapter 2. Yes, there is a time-skip to night time, so if your characters had any business left during the daytime, make sure to deal with it before continuing. There are 3 Demons, all in different parts of the city. The one Hainer is near, is in the southern portion of the Hive. The other 2 have scrambled to The Bunberry District, and The Willows (I will leave it to you all which you want to fight, if you choose to do so). Your character does NOT have to fight if you do not want them to. Hainer and other guards will be fighting, if anyone chooses to be in the area with them (be weary of using of magic in front of them).

*Raises hand* Which part here is the closest to the center, the church, the libraries, and the training grounds? If it's the Bunberry District, Sage will be joining in combat. Demons can be killed by conventional weapons, no? But is harder?

*Raises hand* Which part here is the closest to the center, the church, the libraries, and the training grounds? If it's the Bunberry District, Sage will be joining in combat. Demons can be killed by conventional weapons, no? But is harder?

In this case, it would be the one that Hainer is at, in the Hive District. And I would say it's the same difficulty killing Demons with either conventional weapons or magic (I'd imagine a lot of the time, Magic doesn't cast right away). For example, it's probably easier pelting the Demon with arrows from afar, but if there's an opening, utilizing a magical attack would be great too to capitalize on the opening, etc.

@JSJ_2004 Great chapter!! LET'S FIGHT SOME DEMONS!! 🤩 So, due to his connection with the Willows, it would make sense for Vel to encounter the one there. Planning to attack the demon with fire and daggers. Would you like to have control over the demon ultimately or can we attack, fight, and kill it all in our posts? If the latter, I would plan to draw the fight out for several posts allowing for other characters to join in the fight at the Willows if they want.

@LunaLuck if you'd like Alia to have a connection with Vel, go for it. 😁 Maybe they know each other/friends already. And if you're looking for a character to be able to communicate with More directly maybe Vel might have some slight understanding of the sign language she uses. That wouldn't be totally unreasonable, he's an older more worldly character. Having said that, Vel is super anti-gov, hates the higher ups, would assassinate them if the story allowed for it lol and is also a secret magic user. Not sure if that would allow for a friendship? maybe she once tried to hire him as a mercenary to track her best friend's killers and that's how they know each other?

@Angel of Mercy ready to battle a demon??! 🤩 Perhaps Caroline decides to come along with Vel to check on some Willows kids?

Assuming someone else doesn't start the Willows fight first (of course go for it you like 😁), and I do end up starting it, you are all welcome to join the scene 😊.

Last edited:
That's definitely doable! Like do some sort of uprising or something along those lines that cripples his political power (including his son's). I think once the plot opens up a bit more, that is definitely an option seeing as how people may be getting sick of Donol anyways, and Alia could somehow capitalize on that. Alia causing mischief would give Hainer a lot of work to do as well XD
@JSJ_2004 Great chapter!! LET'S FIGHT SOME DEMONS!! 🤩 So, due to his connection with the Willows, it would make sense for Vel to encounter the one there. Planning to attack the demon with fire and daggers. Would you like to have control over the demon ultimately or can we attack, fight, and kill it all in our posts? If the latter, I would plan to draw the fight out for several posts allowing for other characters to join in the fight at the Willows if they want.

@LunaLuck if you'd like Alia to have a connection with Vel, go for it. 😁 Maybe they know each other/friends already. And if you're looking for a character to be able to communicate with More directly maybe Vel might have some slight understanding of the sign language she uses. That wouldn't be totally unreasonable, he's an older more worldly character. Having said that, Vel is super anti-gov, hates the higher ups, would assassinate them if the story allowed for it lol and is also a secret magic user. Not sure if that would allow for a friendship? maybe she once tried to hire him as a mercenary to track her best friend's killers and that's how they know each other?

@Angel of Mercy ready to battle a demon??! 🤩 Perhaps Caroline decides to come along with Vel to check on some Willows kids?

Assuming someone else doesn't start the Willows fight first (of course go for it you like 😁), and I do end up starting it, you are all welcome to join the scene 😊.
I like the idea about Alia having hired Vel in the past and them being acquaintances/friends now. She'd definitely be drawn to him because of their mutual hatred of the government. Especially if Ice doesn't materialize, it would be good to have someone who can understand a bit of her sign language. How about if Ice has made a connected character before our characters have a substantial interaction then Vel and Alia can just be acquaintances/she'd have him in mind for future government disruption activities, but if Ice has not then a friendship with an understanding of the sign language would be great.

Awesome, I'm looking forward to Alia causing some problems! 😁 What about the idea of some sort of sexual tension thing between Alia and Demeris? No worries if that doesn't fit your plans (I don't do sexual roleplay anyway, so it's really just about the vibes).

I like the idea about Alia having hired Vel in the past and them being acquaintances/friends now. She'd definitely be drawn to him because of their mutual hatred of the government. Especially if Ice doesn't materialize, it would be good to have someone who can understand a bit of her sign language. How about if Ice has made a connected character before our characters have a substantial interaction then Vel and Alia can just be acquaintances/she'd have him in mind for future government disruption activities, but if Ice has not then a friendship with an understanding of the sign language would be great.
Sure, whatever you decide is good with me. Just write it into one of your scenes whenever, however you want and Vel will respond 😊

Should we jump up in time to the new chapter, or take one last post before jumping or do a combination, finish the scene and jump to the new scene in one post? Preference?

Should we jump up in time to the new chapter, or take one last post before jumping or do a combination, finish the scene and jump to the new scene in one post? Preference?
Maybe a combo, finish the scene and then meet up that night. Then Vel can lead Caroline to the willows to encounter the demon? Really, whatever you decide works for me. 😊 I'm thinking they end up in a situation where they have to protect kids, and retreat is not an option.

@JSJ_2004 That only leaved the one in the Bunberry District. If nobody is going to take that thing down, Sage will intercept it. Is there a way for the holy army to know what father Joseph has concluded with the glyphs in details?

@Ai-in Ayan If you want backup, we can have Nicole being present at the library for some late-night studying, or in Bunberry visiting her family or something, and being 'conscripted' as healing backup on the spot. Just remember she can't fight worth a darn, and her magic is channel-over-time to recover wounds. She can't throw 10xcaster level HP into Sage in one six-second round of combat.

@Belineth: Feel free to control the Demon! It's probably easier for you guys to control them in your posts, so you aren't waiting on me to make a post for every attack/reaction haha. But yes, if you wish to make it several posts long, that is fine!

@LunaLuck: It definitely would be add some good history if Alia knows Vel through some sort of shared history like that! Assuming that Ice doesn't come through - I mean, it's possible they are not interested in the roleplay anymore so at this point I think we can assume you can go along with your plan without Ice. Also, considering Demeris is most likely some sort of sex-addict, I don't see why there couldn't be any tension between him and Alia!

@Ai-in Ayan: Sure you can take that one if you wish! And no, information about the Glyphs is super limited to right now to very few people, I don't think it would be shared even among the church at the moment.

@Crijns sounds like a plan. But yeah, XD Both would be useless at killing the demon. Will Nicole have the stamina to run around? Or rather, will she be alright to have her clothes dirty? XD I have a bit of plan for this and involves a lot of running

@Crijns sounds like a plan. But yeah, XD Both would be useless at killing the demon. Will Nicole have the stamina to run around? Or rather, will she be alright to have her clothes dirty? XD I have a bit of plan for this and involves a lot of running
She's not as good as Sage would be, but she'll comply. Being a faithful helps, and I'd imagine a demon on your tail is the kind of thing that helps set a personal speed record in running the hell away. Even if she's a noncombat character, she was still designed to be useful in a dark setting (or at least useful enough to have her be worth the troubles from her attitude towards half the player lineup).

I'd be interested in hearing more, you can PM me directly if you want to plan this out. We do have the weakest hand combat-wise (although we're also the only duo who can throw out all the magic they have openly).

Please excuse my ghost-like behavior, I am very invested in developing this story, but life duties have had me a bit distracted. Here's what I was thinking:

Name
Levi Ashbane

Appearance
Levi has dark black hair, a tangled mess kept short under a dark blue hooded cloak. He is a very observant, calculating, and cautious individual. He stands at a height of 5'11" with a pair of judging brown eyes. His skin is a bit weathered due to his time spent roaming the Outfields hunting game. He adorns dark leather pants and gloves, and black veil similar to that of a bandit, but uses it to keep his face warm as he waits for unsuspecting game in the underbrush. His tunics and shirts vary, but often now wears his dark blue cloak with a quiver of arrows slung over his shoulder.

Personality
Levi's personality has changed over the course of his life, as people often do. In his early years, Levi was a very outgoing class-act individual, and very approachable. Due to being stripped of some of the things and people he held dear to his heart however, his optimistic view on life and values have changed. He once had dreams and aspirations of leaving the settlement of Ivesburg and see what else the world had to offer, but instead adapted to its unwelcoming, dreary landscape. Currently he's a more observant, calculating, colder, and cautious individual. He seldom drinks as as he believes it numbs his mind putting him in a state of vulnerability. He doesn't believe anyone is out to get him per-say, he just plays things very safe. He is very dexterous and athletic, catching up to even the fastest of adversaries, and also adept in sneaking up on unsuspecting individuals. Not that he's had any practice on people, only deer and small rabbits as to not scare them away. As of now, Levi is simply existing, trying to find purpose and meaning to his life, many of his days seemingly blending together.

Background
He has lived in the Outfields since birth at one of the farmsteads closer to the outskirts of Ivesburg. His family wasn't very wealthy, but that didn't bother him as it was the only life he'd ever known. His father and uncle farmed plots side by side, and mother took care of all of the household duties. Levi was an only child, quite rare amongst the fellow families inhabiting Ivesburg as children are usually born out of necessity for helping with the farmstead. Surprisingly, his mother didn't want to have any children but doesn't regret it in the least. His mother had unfortunately been in an accident when he was 7, shopping in the Ivesburg market in the Hive District. There had apparently been a large-scale battle between a set of magic users, the church opposing an unnamed visitor from the west, and she had unfortunately been caught in the crossfire; the church was unable to save her life. The church never released who it had been, only that he was now gone, and not coming back. A friendship was born out of this however, as his cousin Samira and new friend Alia, along with his Aunt, helped Levi with the household duties of his home now that his mother was gone. The three of them became very close throughout the years. Levi had lived beside his cousins, a family of 2 daughters and 2 sons, and got along well helping his father and uncle work the plots of land. Levi didn't have much interest in plowing the fields however, and so besides house duties, instead got into hunting game with one of his older cousins. A hobby at first, putting fresh meat on the table for his father and himself. His life soon changed when his cousin Samira had exhibited magical abilities; a surprise and shock to both families. She was slaughtered in cold blood, along with an injury to his childhood friend Alia. Alia and Levi did remain friends, mourning over their shared loss, and developed a means of understanding one another now that Alia could no longer speak, but their lives were quickly distanced when her family moved inside the walls.

Everything changed. He officially became hunter and laborer by trade and slowly started cutting ties with the surrounding farm-folk, selling the meat to vendors who in turn, sold to civilians in the confides of the city. His cousin chose not become a hunter, and instead went to work in the mines and help his own father plow the fields. The two families grew apart after what happened to Samira. Levi's father and uncle were not on speaking terms with one another following the altercation as his father believed all magic users should be punished with a blade knowing the damage they can cause, while his uncle couldn't believe how his own brother had no compassion for his sweet, sweet Samira.

Magic
None.

Weapon
He is competent with a bow because of his experience hunting game, but has no hand to hand combat experience. He also carries a dagger that he uses as a means of putting an end to the wildlife he hunts, and then skinning and butchering.

Other
- Most of the game served at the market square during the hanging had been hunted by him
- Levi honestly doesn't care much for strangers anymore after his troubled past
- He disagrees with his fathers opinion of Samira, but still lives in his home despite there now being tension, helping keeping the farm afloat
- For some reason, the game has become more sparse lately on the outskirts of Outfields, and he's been discovering animals already dead with large indistinguishable bite marks, neither wolf nor bear
- Although he doesn't like going into Ivesburg often as there are too many people, he does visit the blacksmith and daughter often to help craft new arrowheads that he then fletches himself; he doesn't buy readied arrows, as this way is much cheaper and believes those available are of poor make
- He has no opinion of the church, as religion was never a part of his life living outside the walls, despite it being a staple to the civilians inside. Sure they had prayed around the table at meals when he was younger, but after his mother passed, his father was of little faith
- (I know this character is very Hunger Games Gale vibes, but I plan on lots of character development to set apart and make it unique)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom