Either Needed Endzeiten - Cold Blows the Northern Wind [Interest Check]

Currently reading:
Either Needed Endzeiten - Cold Blows the Northern Wind [Interest Check]

@Ottoman Thanks so much for being so welcoming! And I definitely feel you on possibly stepping into some mistake on here, but I'm sure we'll be fine!

I'm super interested in the Dhallic elves (though I might possibly be influenced by my interest in the Mongol Empire lately), but really keen on the challenge that I think such a character would be, and of working with you on them to ensure they fit considering the rather hostile past/present. (Also ngl, tempted to counter @humon's character proposed so far and add difficulty haha, a colourful past there that's too fun to not play with.)

I share @Dhaeric's interest of the Dhallic elves, but I want something arctic. Pray tell, what are the Northmens' thoughts on half-elves?, @Ottoman?
EDIT: I also do not think I will be creating my character today, nor tomorrow. I want time to be able to read and process the lore of Endzeiten to be able to create an immersive enough character, as I am not even sure that my immediate expletive for a character sheet is befitting for the lore of Endzeiten, as I do not appreciate immersion-breaking within my world so I respect all other worlds with such the same.

Last edited:
No doubt there were a lot of Dhallic spectators at the fighting pits who were hoping to watch this Osterman with legion tattoos get torn to pieces, whether by a pissed off troll, or by painted khallic savages, or by some wild animal they brought in. My character was pleased to disappoint them every time.

Working on my sheet now. After poking around the fantasy name generator for a bit (I was looking at Swabian names mostly), I've decided to name him Lothar Nordenzwang (meaning 'forced north', but also a subtle dick joke at his mother's expense). Commonly known as Lothar Dolchhand for an incident in his youth when he was ordered to suck his commander's cock and instead pulled a dagger out of his sleeve and held it to the guy's nuts. His punishment was to be placed in the forlorn hope when they crossed the river at Stuhk and attacked a border fort near Eisenzach, but somehow he not only failed to die, but he actually captured the section of the wall that he was besieging and pretty much turned the battle single-handedly. Nobody asked him to suck anyone's cock after that. Instead they pooled their money and bought him a whore for the week. Since then he has always wondered if he has some special favour with the gods, or he just got lucky. But it didn't hurt that in addition to the pre-battle sacrifices his unit had made to the goddess Victoria, he also took some time to honour the old gods of the north that his troll friend had taught him about.

I'm going to equip him in a way that mixes Byzantine kit with viking era conventions. So he'll be wearing a mail hauberk and helmet with aventail, like in the image I linked. But I'll probably add a coat of plates over top, since we're talking 14th century. He'll carry a stout 7-foot boar spear on foot, or a 10-foot menaulion lance on horseback. He'll have a kite shield slung over his back, and a rune-engraved spatha at his hip (36" blade). He used to have a paramerion sabre when he was fighting in the south, and again as a caravan guard, but he later replaced that with the runic straight blade when he took it from a high-ranking northman he killed (it looks just like in the armoured image I linked). I haven't decided if he should begin this adventure on foot or on horseback, but I think he'll likely be on foot, if we're meant to be going somewhere like mountains or swamp where horses will have a hard time. So the horse and lance(s) would stay in Sagard in that case. And I'll give him a warm cloak as well, for those frosty northern nights.

EDIT: Put together the first half of a character sheet in my spare time today

32f0ce75725263a3760878d96642d073.jpg

(Armoured image on deviantart)

~Er aber, sags ihm, er kann mich im Arsche lecken!~

Full Name: Lothar Nordenzwang

Title: Rittmeister

Monikers/Aliases: "Lothar Dolchhand", to his old infantry unit; "Joom-kuhn" to the Dhallii fight promoters; "Southern Boy", to his mercenary buddies trying to get under his skin.

Race: Hooman

Ethnicity: Osterman

Social Class: Commoner

Bloodline: 42% Oster, 30% Nordic, 17% Dwarven, 8% Averian, 3% Hallii, 0.1% Neanderthal

Character Bonds

• I have heard of Kalegen's exploits and am suitably impressed.
  • The Ire Witch's ways are strange and confusing.
  • Dhaeric's character was once my enemy, but we have since reconciled.
  • The Redblade has been to my homeland more recently than me.
  • Constanze has too many secrets for my liking.
  • Palladius "Splinter" Glycas helped me get where I am today.
  • Lucia Schwarzmantel is my lover, or was, or could have been... it's complicated.
  • I will never give up on Vera Wollands.
  • Loewentann is soft, but I will make him hard like me, using only my hand and a wad of spit.

Twelve Questions

What are your memories of home like?

I was never accepted in my village. The others thought less of my mother because she had willingly slept with one of the Northmen when our village was occupied. Because of this we had to live on the outskirts. My only friend was Vera, who lived close by. Her parents told her many times not to talk to me, but she would come and visit anyways. We used to explore the woods together and find our own adventures. Vera was the only thing about home that I actually miss, besides my mother.

What is your family like, blood or otherwise?

I have not seen my mother in fifteen years. I don't know if she is even still alive. My father I never knew, only that he was one of the northern invaders. My mother told me that he was not a cruel man. He protected us when I was only a baby. But then he left, and I never knew him.

Have you ever been in love?

Yes, three times. The first was with my friend Vera, though I was too young at the time to realize that was what it was. The second was to a hallii whore I knew when I was stationed at Inner Dhal. She had the most caring eyes I had ever seen, and she was good to me. The third time I fell in love was with the daughter of my former employer, her name was Ella von Wickten. We got married shortly before a plague, but she died, and our unborn child along with her.

Is there anything that you find delightful?

The sun's warmth on my face in the morning. The freshness of a summer rain. The rush of victory that follows every brush with death. The love of a good woman. These things are what is best in life.

Who taught you to survive?

Gloria Gaynor.

I had many teachers. The boys in my village taught me when to fight and when to run. Loewentann taught me how to make the forest my home. Sergeant Boll taught me how to fight. Palladius Glycas taught me the wisdom of a warrior. Messer von Wickten showed me a life beyond war. One day I may even live such a life.

What is it that makes your blood boil in anger?

Lies. Slander. Betrayal.

When was the first time you ever killed someone? What was it like?

When I was thirteen, I came home to find my mother arguing with a man from the village. Their voices were raised, and then he struck her. I don't remember much of what happened, but I began punching and kicking him until he pinned me against a wall and beat me repeatedly. Somehow I got my hand on an axe, and I struck him across the face with it. He fell to the floor and I struck him again and again, until I finally realized that he was dead. For more than a week my sleep was haunted by nightmares. After that, mother and I had to leave the village and hide in the hills for a while.

Do you put any stock in the divine?

There are many powers in this world I can't explain, and I will not try to. There are also many mortals in this world who claim a connection to the divine, yet all they do is lie and manipulate. I heed the spirits that reveal themselves to me in my struggles, and I give no thought to the ones that don't.

What in the world terrifies you?

Magic. A warrior can face many things of this world with a keen mind and a ready blade, but magic is not of this world. There is no technique that can be learned for defending against magical forces, other than to stay as far away from them as possible.

What is the thing you fear coming to pass the most - rational or otherwise?

That my death will be meaningless, and my killers will laugh as they look upon my corpse.

What do you value most in the world?

To be free.

Do the ends always justify the means?

Anyone who would say yes to such a question is a fool.

Capabilities

Handy with a spear. Handy with a sword. Shit with a bow. Good on a horse, but he is no knight or cataphract, only a scout and chasseur. Knows a thing or two about northern bushcraft. Has experience with military sieges, and surviving long nights outside of city walls. Has a sharp eye and a good ear for danger. Also a good ear for bullshit. Not too bad looking, either, if I do say so myself.

Appearance/Equipment

Lothar has two horses: an Andalusian stallion named Lohengrin, and an Arabian mare named Helmwige. When he travels, he alternates which one he rides and which one is carrying his spare equipment, although Lohengrin is the one he takes into battle, having been trained for war.

When traveling on foot:

Wears a mail hauberk and coat of plates, and a byzantine-style helmet with aventail. Commonly wears a dark cloak over top of his armour. When on foot he carries a 7-foot boar spear in hand, and a kite shield slung over his back, over the cloak, from right shoulder to left hip. Sidearm is a high quality spatha, 36 inch blade, with nordic runes upon the fuller and guard. On his right hip is a general-purpose hatchet, and a side-satchel is slung from his left shoulder to his right hip (under the cloak). He sometimes carries a 12-inch bollock dagger on his right hip in place of the hatchet, particularly if he's traveling through a town or city, whereas he wears the hatchet when in the wilderness.

When mounted:

Weapon in hand is a 10-foot menaulion lance, while the boar spear is stowed with his pack horse, along with two other lances. He also wears mail chausses to protect his legs, which are not worn when on foot. On his pack horse, there is also a crossbow and a quarrel of twenty bolts. He will sometimes ride with the crossbow in hand, particularly if he is hunting, but normally rides with his hands free if he is only scouting, or with lance in hand if he is expecting a fight.

Additional equipment on the pack horse includes a League paramerion, just as an extra sword in case something happens to his spatha.

Personality

Quiet and stoic, for the most part. Lothar prefers to observe people first before engaging with them, and has little interest in hollow pleasantries. He is a man who just wants to get the job done and not be interfered with in the process of doing it. A lifetime of fighting has made him decisive in battle, but has also made it difficult for him to form close bonds with anyone. Most of all, it has made him wise enough not to invite the wrath of gods or supernatural beings by taking superstitions too casually. In keeping with northern traditions, he holds trustworthiness as the most important trait a man can have. He dearly guards this trait in himself, and will judge it accordingly among those he meets.

Biography

I was born and raised in the wilderness around Rygils. My mother was a weaver. My father I knew not. I was drafted into service at the age of fifteen to fight against invading northmen. I fought the Elisabethans after that, in Eisenzach, and then against the Golden Horde in the south. While I began as an infantryman, my talents took me to the role of light cavalry. In my twenty-third year, I was wounded in battle and enslaved by a Dhallic warrior named Ojen. For about a year, I worked in Ojen's household, until he sold me to a master of the fighting pits. There I won many battles until I was bought by a passing merchant, whose name was Claude von Wickten.

I served Herr von Wickten as a caravan guard for three years. So pleased was he with my service that he offered me to marry his daughter, Ella. I agreed, but within the first year of our marriage, a plague took her and our unborn child. The Von Wickten estate collapsed into bankruptcy, and I ventured north as a lone mercenary. I met some friends in Hollfen, and from there, we traveled to Hoxter, as there had been a call for mercenaries in Ruhigreich. We joined a company called Steitz's Salvation, where I met even more old friends. I have been fighting with Steitz's Salvation for the past three years, and because of my experience they have given me command of a troop of thirty horsemen. It is to these men under my command to whom I am most beholden.

Last edited:
It's a life-time subscription for $15, I think? Regardless, I bought it and have made four original languages for my world of Satira.
As far as character ideas, I prefer to stick with the refined pallet of characters, and may utilize the Northmen and lore of elves to create a half-elf that considers herself a Northman. I do have a question, though - do you happen to have sylphs within this world? I am also interested in creating an ice mage who transforms herself into an ice sylph to blend in and communicate with such creatures.

Only $15 for lifetime? Hell I may just jump on that. I've always wanted to do a bit more than copy/paste languages, that may be the trick for me.

A Northman Half-Elf would be interesting - a combination I hadn't yet considered! And honestly, I haven't thought much of Sylphs in the world, but I'm already getting some ideas. I don't see why they can't be! Also very excited for someone to be using magic - which I realize, as a dummy, I probably need to do a little primer on, not that it's terribly different from most fantasy settings - and I'm really excited to actually writing the Sylphs that speak to her!

Thanks so much for being so welcoming! And I definitely feel you on possibly stepping into some mistake on here, but I'm sure we'll be fine!

I'm super interested in the Dhallic elves (though I might possibly be influenced by my interest in the Mongol Empire lately), but really keen on the challenge that I think such a character would be, and of working with you on them to ensure they fit considering the rather hostile past/present. (Also ngl, tempted to counter @humon's character proposed so far and add difficulty haha, a colourful past there that's too fun to not play with.)

No problem! And aye, I think we'll be alright.

I'm gonna need to really brush up on my Dhallic stuff from the way things are shaking out! The next two realm blurbs are going to be the Khallii and the Dhallii, so there's going to be gobs of relevant info coming soon. I welcome the energy, and I'm happy to help, especially with the Dhallii who need some more attention(and will play a larger role once we deal with this adventure in the north)! And I highly encourage people to collab and make their characters have pasts and/or tension! There will be a section in the CS specifically for it.

No doubt there were a lot of Dhallic spectators at the fighting pits who were hoping to watch this Osterman with legion tattoos get torn to pieces, whether by a pissed off troll, or by painted khallic savages, or by some wild animal they brought in. My character was pleased to disappoint them every time.

Working on my sheet now. After poking around the fantasy name generator for a bit (I was looking at Swabian names mostly), I've decided to name him Lothar Nordenzwang (meaning 'forced north', but also a subtle dick joke at his mother's expense). Commonly known as Lothar Dolchhand for an incident in his youth when he was ordered to suck his commander's cock and instead pulled a dagger out of his sleeve and held it to the guy's nuts. His punishment was to be placed in the forlorn hope when they crossed the river at Stuhk and attacked a border fort near Eisenzach, but somehow he not only failed to die, but he actually captured the section of the wall that he was besieging and pretty much turned the battle single-handedly. Nobody asked him to suck anyone's cock after that. Instead they pooled their money and bought him a whore for the week. Since then he has always wondered if he has some special favour with the gods, or he just got lucky. But it didn't hurt that in addition to the pre-battle sacrifices his unit had made to the goddess Victoria, he also took some time to honour the old gods of the north that his troll friend had taught him about.

I'm going to equip him in a way that mixes Byzantine kit with viking era conventions. So he'll be wearing a mail hauberk and helmet with aventail, like in the image I linked. But I'll probably add a coat of plates over top, since we're talking 14th century. He'll carry a stout 7-foot boar spear on foot, or a 10-foot menaulion lance on horseback. He'll have a kite shield slung over his back, and a rune-engraved spatha at his hip (36" blade). He used to have a paramerion sabre when he was fighting in the south, and again as a caravan guard, but he later replaced that with the runic straight blade when he took it from a high-ranking northman he killed (it looks just like in the armoured image I linked). I haven't decided if he should begin this adventure on foot or on horseback, but I think he'll likely be on foot, if we're meant to be going somewhere like mountains or swamp where horses will have a hard time. So the horse and lance(s) would stay in Sagard in that case. And I'll give him a warm cloak as well, for those frosty northern nights.

Swabian works! I love the name! I am digging his story thus far, looking forward to more.

The kit sounds fantastic, 100% on point for the vibe man. As for horseback vs foot, I'd say it's your choice for now - horses could aid you on your immediate quest, though the baron may provide for those who don't already have a mount. Also you're gonna want that cloak, it's gonna get pretty frigid at night!

And oh my God the WiP sheet --

humon said:
Palladius "Splinter" Glycas, my rat-faced old friend. He will outlive us all.
Lucia Schwarzmantel: I'm not sure I ever wanted a big tiddy goth ex-gf, but here we are.
Vera Wollands, I still think about her sometimes after all these years.
Loewentann, the friendly troll. I wonder if they will sing a ballad about him after he dies.

I am dead. lmao

Really digging the recent lore. Especially the Dhallic dual-gods. Yin and Yang, Flint and Sapling. Fundamental stuff. And oh my, the Elisabethan prophet was an alien! 😮

I also like how we have a rising power challenging an incumbent power, like in Thucydides' trap.

The League: Strong military, strong economy, decadent elite, weakening social capital
Elisabethan Order: High social capital, rising military, rising economy

If this campaign is a mounted one, at least to start, then I'll need to reconfigure my equipment. I think I will have two horses: a courser and a rouncey, and when he travels he alternates which one he rides and which one is carrying his spare equipment. The courser of course is the one he takes into battle. I'll give him maybe three lances, expecting he's likely to break some along the way. Maybe I'll have them be different lengths as well for different situations. And maybe he'll have two shields: his kite shield that he normally carries on his back, but also a smaller round center-grip shield that's better suited to horseback, and for intercepting arrows. Kite shields are lovely on foot, but a bit awkward on horse, and being strapped to the arm they have the drawback that one can get arrows punching through the wood and straight into your arm (I've seen the test videos on this from Tod's Workshop). Oh, and he will also need to wear chausses if he's going into battle while mounted. So I'll have those rolled up with his spare kit for when he needs them. Might add a crossbow as well. He's kind of a shit archer, but having a ranged option hanging from his pack horse could be useful, if for nothing else than to hunt his dinner.

EDIT: I found some pictures of horsies

Lohengrin - Andalusian stallion, 7 years old, 15.5 hands

shutterstock_1021369384-andalusian-horse.jpg

Helmwige - Arabian mare, 4 years old, 14.3 hands

dreamstime-s-68340773-67dea363-2de4-4e99-acce-4e43b9576fd4.jpg

Last edited:
Really digging the recent lore. Especially the Dhallic dual-gods. Yin and Yang, Flint and Sapling. Fundamental stuff.

I'm glad it reads well! I worry sometimes posting old writing of mine that it doesn't read right, or I rushed through it.

And oh my, the Elisabethan prophet was an alien! 😮

The primordial songs sing of One who would come, the Voice From the Outer World, bringing the holy war - Jihad - which will cleanse the universe, and bring us out of darkness!

lol, all of my Dune wank aside, yes, she is! A human still, but not one from this world. In fact, she's not the only 'alien' on Pteia...

I also like how we have a rising power challenging an incumbent power, like in Thucydides' trap.

The League: Strong military, strong economy, decadent elite, weakening social capital
Elisabethan Order: High social capital, rising military, rising economy

Absolutely, the League is a massive challenge and shakeup to authority in the East, and thus far the League has failed utterly in containing it. Things may change, but it will get worse before it gets better.

If this campaign is a mounted one, at least to start, then I'll need to reconfigure my equipment. I think I will have two horses: a courser and a rouncey, and when he travels he alternates which one he rides and which one is carrying his spare equipment. The courser of course is the one he takes into battle. I'll give him maybe three lances, expecting he's likely to break some along the way. Maybe I'll have them be different lengths as well for different situations. And maybe he'll have two shields: his kite shield that he normally carries on his back, but also a smaller round center-grip shield that's better suited to horseback, and for intercepting arrows. Kite shields are lovely on foot, but a bit awkward on horse, and being strapped to the arm they have the drawback that one can get arrows punching through the wood and straight into your arm (I've seen the test videos on this from Tod's Workshop). Oh, and he will also need to wear chausses if he's going into battle while mounted. So I'll have those rolled up with his spare kit for when he needs them. Might add a crossbow as well. He's kind of a shit archer, but having a ranged option hanging from his pack horse could be useful, if for nothing else than to hunt his dinner.

Pretty standard fare for a well-off merc, I'd say. The crossbow will be handy, and what gorgeous horses!

Beyond that, I have one more Realm post to drop, covering the dwarfs and the Osiruk. I also plan to get a post out about magic, as well as one covering the ruinous powers known as the Profane Ones, and their servants.

Besides that, I'm going to be getting started on the official OOC soon, so we can get the ball rolling! Thanks again everyone for being patient.

@Ottoman Ahh, wonderful. Then it is settled. I shall start molding a half-elf Northman and a sylph witch. Ahh, I feel a tinge of excitement growing! Now, to where do we post our character profiles?

WIP Profiles

Iluq "the Ire Witch" Massak
Face Claim / Typical Attire.
Northern Dhallic Female (She, Her).
Heterosexual Sapioromantic.
Has seen 34 winters.
Date and Place of Birth Unknown.
The rest of the details will be in my Character Encyclopedia / Soul Enclave (check my signature).

Sylvania "Vania" Adalgisa
Northern Half-elf Female (She, Her).
Has seen 22 winters.
Heterosexual Heteroromantic.
Born in the Northern Realms.
The rest of the details will be in my Character Encyclopedia / Soul Enclave (check my signature).

Last edited:
MV5BMmRhYTgzMjQtNDcxMC00MTA4LWFlYTUtOTJkYTE4ODlmMWZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODQ3NDAyNDU@._V1_QL75_UY281_CR155,0,190,281_.jpg

I really like the way he sounds, and love the mystery and doom-driven quest! If you'd like, I'd be delighted to collab with you on his background and both find him a spot in the wider world he can hail from, and simultaneously give it some development! A lot of the world (both in the Ostland and beyond) had some level of development, but there's big stretches with hardly any at all.

Kalegan will have a new level of personal investment in the story to come, as he will assist in unraveling the twisted truth of one of the Ostland's great mercenary bands - the Black Banner - and perhaps find answers about his own.
Very much interested in collaborating.

Very much interested in collaborating.

Shoot me a DM and we can get started on collaborating!

Alright folks, got the last of the Realm posts out today, and also (finally) dropped the OOC for the game!

Edit: Ach! @Pyx I apologize, my sleepy self missed your post!

@Ottoman Ahh, wonderful. Then it is settled. I shall start molding a half-elf Northman and a sylph witch. Ahh, I feel a tinge of excitement growing! Now, to where do we post our character profiles?

Feel free to post them either in the OOC or your own thread, just link them in the OOC thread.

WIP Profiles

Iluq "the Ire Witch" Massak
Northern Dhallic Female (She, Her).
Heterosexual Sapioromantic.
Has seen 34 winters.
Date and Place of Birth Unknown.

Sylvania "Vania" Adalgisa
Northern Half-elf Female (She, Her).
Has seen 22 winters.
Heterosexual Heteroromantic.
Born in the Northern Realms.

I'll have to take a peek at your encyclopedia - so far I like them! Though I hadn't thought much of the Dhals getting that far north. Or maybe I'm thinking of it wrong, the Northmen can reach pretty far south.

Last edited:
@Ottoman Oh! My thought process on Iluq is that she traveled to the North on her lonesome once she was caste out by the Dhallic (I have yet to come up with a reason why, and I make actually make her Khallic with some history attached to that) perhaps due to the witchcraft she practiced that was somehow taboo to them?
Edit: Also, if you need help building your magical algorithm let me know. How I did mine was through a highly radioactive oil that mutated the inhabitants on the planet ultimately allowing for the growth of what is called an "Essence" between the cerebrum and cerebellum that allows for interaction with the radioactively mutated dust particles. It's a little complicated but it is original to Satira.
Edit 2: Yeah, it seems that she works just fine between the Dhallic and Khallic Confederation. I just have to update what religion she follows.
Edit 3: I have also updated Vania. Last edit, I swear. Also if y'all want to form relations with either Vania or Iluq, be my guest! I am okay with Vania having a lover, in addition.

Last edited:
This has got me very interested! You've had a lot of attention already, so if you're looking to limit the number of players, I totally understand. Though, if you've still got some room left, I'm thinking of brewing up a Khallic elf, maybe a troll too, if I can think of an interesting concept for the character.

The initial post mentioned a call for six mercenaries, so I assume that means six players. We have four so far, you'd be number 5, hotdog. So I think you should be good to join ^^

Oh! My thought process on Iluq is that she traveled to the North on her lonesome once she was caste out by the Dhallic (I have yet to come up with a reason why, and I make actually make her Khallic with some history attached to that) perhaps due to the witchcraft she practiced that was somehow taboo to them?
Edit: Also, if you need help building your magical algorithm let me know. How I did mine was through a highly radioactive oil that mutated the inhabitants on the planet ultimately allowing for the growth of what is called an "Essence" between the cerebrum and cerebellum that allows for interaction with the radioactively mutated dust particles. It's a little complicated but it is original to Satira.
Edit 2: Yeah, it seems that she works just fine between the Dhallic and Khallic Confederation. I just have to update what religion she follows.
Edit 3: I have also updated Vania. Last edit, I swear. Also if y'all want to form relations with either Vania or Iluq, be my guest! I am okay with Vania having a lover, in addition.

Oh I like the notion of an exile! I can see getting cast out for practicing a certain sort of magic (perhaps she entreats with profane powers?) or some rituals that were considered beyond the pale. Exciting!

I'd say that something similar is going on with Pteia, as all magic can be traced to the Dragonfires, and all the races that endured that suffering have varying predispositions to magic and its wielding.

I'll make sure to take a look when I've the chance! Supper is coming up shortly so I must away to eat but I am eager to see what you have. 😁

And @RedemptionforaHotdog there's still room! I'm glad I've caught your eye! And aye, I'd cap it at six players (perhaps seven, if a friend of mine will join me on the site, who will bring the Redblade of Rygils to the group) but I'm not opposed to those players having multiple characters, so long as things don't get too convoluted.

"The Redblade of Rygils" ...I have goosebumps.

I can see Iluq and Lothar having some kind of love-hate thing going on, where they have mutual mistrust but also curiosity. The thing Lothar fears/dislikes most is magic, because he doesn't know how to fight against it (much as it was with Conan). But he also has a philosophy of confronting and closely examining the things that most threaten him, like a sort of morbid fascination.

For Vania I don't know enough about her yet to say much of anything.

Constanze sounds like it would be an interesting challenge to try to get to know her.

Secondary characters... not a bad idea to have a backup in case your main gets croaked, hehe. Although I might introduce a few minor characters into scenes that take place in Sagard. Just guys my character knows and is on friendly terms with, but they won't be joining any adventuring parties.

Last edited:
And @RedemptionforaHotdog there's still room! I'm glad I've caught your eye! And aye, I'd cap it at six players (perhaps seven, if a friend of mine will join me on the site, who will bring the Redblade of Rygils to the group) but I'm not opposed to those players having multiple characters, so long as things don't get too convoluted.

Awesome! Excited to be part of the fun.

Also, I'm curious about the structure of Khallic tribes. Are they jointly governed by all the families of the tribe, does each tribe have a head family, something else? I know that druids are important to Khallic society but I just wanted to see if you'd fleshed it out in greater detail at this point. And, as a side note to all of that, do you have a concept of how Khallic elves deal with surnames? If they even use them at all.

As well, just wanted to say how cool and well done this world of yours is so far. Can't wait to see where it goes from here!

Apologies all on not getting any replies out this morning, (or last night, work was a doozy) I've been bit by the bug on the next couple of posts - I hope y'all will enjoy them, and I hope they'll provide some much needed context. Soon to come is the big post on Magic as well as the ruinous powers of the world, the Profane Ones - and their servants.

I will have an hour free this evening, and I'll make sure I get around to everyone - again, I am sorry!

"The Redblade of Rygils" ...I have goosebumps.

I know I'm hyping him up a bit but Roman is an... experience.

Constanze sounds like it would be an interesting challenge to try to get to know her.

Challenge is the appropriate term, but fwiw she is incredibly loyal to those who prove themselves worthy of trust, to her own self-detriment.

Secondary characters... not a bad idea to have a backup in case your main gets croaked, hehe. Although I might introduce a few minor characters into scenes that take place in Sagard. Just guys my character knows and is on friendly terms with, but they won't be joining any adventuring parties.

I know I keep hyping up the whole "You might die!" thing but, truly, I don't think will be a huge thing unless (as stated in the OOC) you just make some really dumb plays. I promise I'm not a jackass just looking to murk people's characters yet - but yes, honestly not a bad idea, and neither are the auxiliary characters from Sagard!

Also, I'm curious about the structure of Khallic tribes. Are they jointly governed by all the families of the tribe, does each tribe have a head family, something else? I know that druids are important to Khallic society but I just wanted to see if you'd fleshed it out in greater detail at this point. And, as a side note to all of that, do you have a concept of how Khallic elves deal with surnames? If they even use them at all.

As well, just wanted to say how cool and well done this world of yours is so far. Can't wait to see where it goes from here!

I may have to revisit my textbooks on the Celts to find a solution that pleases me, but I see it as a collective effort on the part of the families of the tribe, who likely come together to elect a spokesperson(chieftain). I remember making the distinction at some point between clans and tribes, but in true Otto fashion my lazy ass forgot to write it down. Essentially, the delineation was that a tribe is a polity, a group that controls a certain area, where as a clan is a family, a greater network of blood and relations that goes beyond any single tribe. As for the Druids, they're a bit hands-offish from the act of governance, though the Khallic are so stereotypically superstitious that you might as well think that the Druids hold sway over the decisions of the clans. Oh, as for surnames, hm - I know most Khallic do not bother, or simply are referred to by their clan name. Individual surnames are a thing that is earned - a sobriquet, if you will - to distinguish that individual from any other that may possess their name.

I'm delighted you're enjoying it so far Redemption! (or do you prefer Hotdog? RfaH? lol)

Again folks, I apologize about my slow pace on getting more stuff up - I have been press-ganged into service as soon as I woke by she-who-must-be-obeyed, but I wanted to steal away to at least reply to some OOC stuff.

@Ottoman, thanks for the info! I'll try to have a character ready in the next couple of days. And I hope you don't worry too much about "timely" replies. I'd like to imagine everyone involved thus far could handle whatever timeframe you can get back to us in. This is a lot of work so I hope you're doing only as much as you can without burning yourself out.

When it comes to what I prefer to be called, I honestly only think about it when people ask me, so I never really have a good answer. Most people end up calling me "Red" for simplicity's sake. Hotdog is definitely the one that feels the weirdest, but I don't actually mind being called that if it's what someone feels like using.

You're most welcome! I know I probably shouldn't but I always worry. But I am honestly loving the work I'm putting in. It has been ages since I've been able to do something like this and it's a blast!

And Red it is then - I am, admittedly, lazy, and the less keystrokes the better lol

Back
Top Bottom