Either Needed Endzeiten - Cold Blows the Northern Wind [Interest Check]

Currently reading:
Either Needed Endzeiten - Cold Blows the Northern Wind [Interest Check]

Oh, by the way... might I inquire if there is a translator for the Khallic people?

I will be introducing Eve, the Echo as well. She is following Vania and only really wants to swear allegiance to her and is only tagging along because she is Vania's friend and so she is not alone.

She is gonna be a total Khallic puritan who only is following for Vania's sake. I do hope she adds the feminine spice onto this journey as Vania is built to be more kind in the presence of authority in a strange land as she is aware she was conscripted and the benefit it might have in payment towards her people. = 3=

I do hope it is good for you all.

Last edited:
Oh, by the way... might I inquire if there is a translator for the Khallic people?

I don't have one, I fear, though I'm willing to accept La Tene/Continental Celtic in its place. Which... I know that isn't the greatest help either, as we don't really know that much about that language either lol

Hmm. Well, with the Khallic and Dhallic being elven... how close are you wanting them to be in regards to elves we know from, say, Elder Scrolls or Tolkien?

By and large the elves of Pteia are a lot less of the 'haughty elder race' trope and a lot more of the 'warrior horde' trope. While the Osters would consider them uncivilized savages that's far from fair to them.

Though I do suppose that they are similar to TES elves in that they are quite militant, and the Dhallic at least have designs of conquest and empire.

I gotcha. I had assumed the Khallic are quite proud of who they are, possibly to an egotistical reach.

I like the angle of how the two races of elves sort of mirror the Gauls and the Mongols; two 'alien races' from the perspective of those who wrote our modern history books. To the Romans, the Gauls must have seemed like fearsome brutes with strange religious customs and a high capacity for violence, while the Gauls must have seen the Romans as these hive-minded little shits you can never get rid of (but at least they make good wine). Accounts of Gauls mocking the Romans for their short stature must have come from how the Gauls sent only their biggest toughest dudes to war while the Romans used mass levies that scooped up men of varying size. Perhaps it's a bit like how cops and biker gangs see each other (outside the context of gay cosplay of course).

And then the Khallic and Dhallic elves might look at each other the way the Mongols and Hell's Angels look at each other...

Wait. So who is incharge of the 40 marks thing, Glyca or Constanze?

I still have to get caught up, went on a deep dive worldbuilding bender this past weekend, but I am looking forward to it!

Constanze is, tentatively, though the Baron will be actually paying said coin.

constanze is the one speaking the "ad" in the first post in this thread, it fits in at the start of otto's final bit. at least, that's how i understood it!

Last edited:
oh weird D: i fixed ittt but it's this same thread hahhaha

He is referring to the first post in this thread, I believe.

Edit: my bad, got called away at work and my fat fingers decided to post the draft even after Dhae had responded.

Looking forward to the replies - this honestly is looking allot of fun!

Wait. So who is incharge of the 40 marks thing, Glyca or Constanze?

I asked Pyx about that after she posted, she said she had misread my post, but looks like she didn't edit anything yet. Last I heard from her, we were still working on an alternate reason why those two elves would have come looking for Splinter.

Before Otto posts, assume Lothar's first reaction to Esen walking over is to look at his bloody lip and say with mild amusement, "What happened to you?"

i assume so yeah! or roman. if you're getting itchy, we can maybe work on something with esen and lothar for backstory?

Back
Top Bottom