Either Needed Endzeiten - Cold Blows the Northern Wind [Interest Check]

Currently reading:
Either Needed Endzeiten - Cold Blows the Northern Wind [Interest Check]

Kalegen could be commanding 200 men, same as Splinter. But if Kalegen gets on a horse from time to time then he could have also participated in scouting and raiding operations, maybe in a different troop that alternates duty shifts with Lothar's troop? Honestly, im not against this idea.

I think there's one open, but I'm not sure. The GM has been busy with real life for the past couple weeks, so you'll have to ask him next time he comes online. But as I recall, there was room for six, and we have:

Me
Keillen
Pyx
Dhaeric
Hotdog
Az-something, Ottoman's friend who hasn't posted yet

But Ottoman might have said he could be flexible and take one more, so it's best to ask him directly.

As far as my characters go, Vania might be a stranger to many but will have been sent nonetheless to join the mercenary brigade mentioned which I believe is how the roleplay is starting. The Ire Witch probably won't make an immediate presence since I don't believe further north is where the roleplay is commencing.

Yeah, I think what Ottoman was planning, based on the hints he gave, was that we assemble in late 1321 in Sagard and go off on some particular mission, during which there will be some catastrophe that sees much of Sagsen overwhelmed by profane forces. Then, I assume, we'll be heading north to find the source of the problem... almost LotR style. I have been working on a few secondary characters, which is a party of dwarves that will be heading in the same direction and looking for some extra muscle to share the road with, when it gets to that point. Maybe I'll message you about that, Pyx, in case the Ire Witch would have run into those dwarves first.

Around what point in time would Vania have joined our mercenary group? Lothar joined in the summer of 1319, and I think Kalegen was there for several years prior to that. The best times they would have had to recruit would have been in 1319 (summer in Hoxter, autumn in Modtal), early 1320 in Modtal or late 1320 at Sagard, and then any point in 1321 while they were based in Sagard. Before 1319 it's open for anyone else to say where they were in those years, probably bouncing around between Mitteland and Oberheim and areas close to that. They would have been in Oberheim in the spring of 1319, which was why they were called to Hoxter, because they were already close by and there was an emergency that needed extra bodies to plug gaps in Ruhigreich's border defences.

Hey all, my most sincere apologies for the MIA - got hit with jury duty which, let me tell ya, 0900 jury duty when you work nights is Hellish. 0/10 do not recommend. Throw in rough weeks at work and drama on the homefront and it's... an experience.

But! Now that I have some of my time free before I get summoned (again) for one of three more times before the end of the year, I am getting back to it! And boy have I got my work cut out for myself now lol

Firstly! I'll respond here in the thread proper, edit to follow commenting on specifics, then onto PMs. Longer ones will probably have to wait until this evening/night after I've gotten some shuteye, but they're en route.

@biffyb123 Aye, there is still a spot open! I replied to your PM not long ago, but I figured I'll go ahead and post here too just so it doesn't get buried. Again, my apologies. I never meant to make you wait.

EDIT:

He said he was going to work this into his blurb on Steitz's Salvation, but I assume he then got too busy.

Aye, I've procrastinated long enough on it, I'll make it a priority for the lore thread - just have to codify it all and get in the zone to whip it up. Perhaps my project for tomorrow morning.

Then, I assume, we'll be heading north to find the source of the problem... almost LotR style.

hqdefault.jpg

The Maw must be stopped, but it will take more than the party alone - and the forces and machinations of the Profane are, unfortunately, not the only checks on our heroes or their quest. We will go south before we go further north but make no mistake that the Maw and its servants are the antagonists that are the catalyst for what's gonna go down, and will by and large remain the 'big bad'.

Last edited:
esen's character sheet is up now! it's here in the ooc. someone screech at me if i've made any glaring errors please, it's nearly 4am and im posting it on a whim without a morning check (daredevil)

also very happy to work on those character bonds more now that i have some info down to help with them!

Thy beverages of lactose summon thee knights to thy land.

@Dhaeric I love Esen! Apologies for not saying so sooner - my dumb self thought I already had - he is fantastic.

@humon PM on the way, but it's a big one so it's just taking some time. Expect one this evening!

In the meantime, I placate you all with a very low-effort Pteia meme!

W7Naxrx.png

I'm going to chip away at the Salvation blurb and the IC proper this week - I'm desperately hoping the case I'm to report to tomorrow I am disqualified from being a juror for because I know the accused or something.

Alright folks, don't mean to double post but, update on jury duty for this week.

The bad: I won't be able to get work done until tomorrow morning.
The good: I was not selected for the final jury this time! Praise God.

Been talking with @Azrican and hopefully we will be dropping the IC thread this week - also aiming to drop the Salvation blurb as well as begin work on a map of the northern lands.

Alright guys, Az and I have begun the OP post for the IC, hopefully can wrap it up by the end of this week - we just got dueling schedules.

In the meantime, after a few retries to get something I like, I've got a map of the Near North in progress! Excuse the roughness of it, it's got a lot of refining to go.

loving the map already! and don't worry, we're patientttt, happy to wait for quality so no stress

Alright, apologies all for the radio silence for a bit, been going all in on the November Challenge - I've finished the first act, starting soon on the second. Aiming to use it to do some character development for Constanze and for the events that transpired at Rygils.

The OP with Az is still coming along - I'm loving what we have thus far, and hopefully it shan't be too long before we can get the post up proper!

As the rule always says, its ready when its ready. Dont rush, just know i am super interested.

Back
Top Bottom