Both Needed Grand Theft Auto 5: The Fish Ladder of Destruction

Currently reading:
Both Needed Grand Theft Auto 5: The Fish Ladder of Destruction

GTA 5's Los Santos for a setting, or a sort-of Los Angeles?

• Los Santos!

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Los Angeles!

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
Yes! Put up a character in this thread (or PM me if necessary) so I can review and recommend changes if necessary. The pace is slower than I'd like, mainly due to my classwork and real life and all that. Check the thread and make sure the pace is ok.

Name: Martin Van Brandt (goes by Martie or VB)

Description: Aged 30. 6 feet in height, 200lbs. Short, never neat hair that's a very fitting dirty blonde. Sunken, but lively dark blue eyes. White, but pale in the face compared to his body. He normally tries to blend in, so he sticks to a black hoodie and blue jeans most of the time. He has a mole on the right of his nose, and a few scars, as well on that side.

Demeanor: Without anything covering his face, (i.e. a mask, bandana, etc. Even a paper bag will do.) Martin can be extremely paranoid and on-edge. He will be short with most everyone he meets, and can snap at a moments notice if provoked. With a mask on, he becomes very brave, often to a fault. He's very talkative, and likes taking charge on masked outings. Martin is always riding a high or buzz off something, leading to a very unstable personal life.

Backstory: Born on Friday the 13th, Martin was born to cranberry farmers in Massachusetts. Martin enjoyed relative wealth in his childhood, then ostentatious binge drinking and drug use until his fathers death, when he was only 18. After that, he moved from place to place, engaging in small crimes for petty cash. In this, he'd find his calling. He didn't think himself at all attractive, so he only saw fit to use a mask to hide his face, whenever possible. In the coming years, he would form a routine: Move to a new place, case the town for marks, rob whatever can fit in his car, and move on. He kept it up for about a year before almost landing in jail. While avoiding jail time, the court took all he owned. He had just enough to get out of jail, and get a bus ticket to the only member of his family who would take him in: Uncle Earl and Aunt K in Los Santos. That was a year ago, and Martin has started to get back into his old ways. He favors the beach at Vespucci. Only place to get a decent mask in the city.

Loves: Selling/buying/stealing drugs, store robberies, kidnappings, and breakouts

Will do: Just about anything to make a buck

Hates: being nice, doing busy jobs for assholes, babysitting assholes, cops

Relationships:
Uncle Earl and Aunt K: Martin's "only" family. Earl and K have drug issues, which are constantly made Martin's issues. Earl is bad with money, but always tries to get his hands on it. K (Kallee) is good with money, but drops it all on drugs and frivolous items. They've known each other for a long time, and love Martin more than possibly his parents.
Jezzy: A fling Martin had when he first moved to LS. They're off and on, but she loves to date someone, seeing Martin on the side.

Problem: Some potheads owe me money, and this is call number 3. Time to go repo.

Addictions: Loves coke, weed, ketamine and alcohol. Also, an avid fan of acid, though it often does not agree with him to a disastrous effect.

(Let me know what you guys think!)

Perfect! He's volatile, unstable, and a habitual criminal. Feel free to make an introduction post.

Epic! Working on it now. Super excited to get Martie into the world. He's gonna be an asshole, it's gonna be great! Also, how did you guys format that top part of your posts, where you name your characters and location and stuff?

That's a great innovation brought to us by the amazing @Cheshire Cat. Quote a post with the header, then copy it, then paste it into a post you making, and cancel the quote reply.

Ooo, a GTA RP? I'm stuck at home with bleep all to bleeping do aside from job hunt and a few bits and bobs. If there is room, I would like to join it. :) If not, then I shall re-enact the speach by a certain fish. You will rue the day you messed with the wrong FISH! :p

Or fair enough and I am just being sillier then the knights of camelot.

I'm not 100% sure what to do with my character now :confused:

I have an idea for her, but I need her to break from her current scene. I really don't like to move people's characters. Since the conversation is over, can you bring her outside, or to a venue where she regularly hangs out? I want to have some people contact her.

I have an idea for her, but I need her to break from her current scene. I really don't like to move people's characters. Since the conversation is over, can you bring her outside, or to a venue where she regularly hangs out? I want to have some people contact her.
YUS. Will do!

Epic! Working on it now. Super excited to get Martie into the world. He's gonna be an asshole, it's gonna be great! Also, how did you guys format that top part of your posts, where you name your characters and location and stuff?

Oh, dat's just a lil BBCode y'know, eh! You can use the following tags to give your header some razzle. Alternatively, some dazzle.

Code:
[size=#]TEXT HYA![/size] - Changes the default font size. BBCode doesn't use pixel-height like most things, it's just kind of a relative scale between 1-9, where 9 is huuuge, and 1 is itty bitty.
[color=(BBCode colour name)]WURDZ[/color] - Changes colour. IMPORTANT! "transparent" is a colour option, allowing you to make clear things for formatting nudges :P Example being the six Xs I used to force space into certain places.
[center/left/right]SENTENCE![/center/left/right] - Obviously don't use them all at once, but you can use center, left, or right, to align your text to the centre, left, or right. As a Canadian, this is one of many codes that annoy me ... cause it's American spelling.
[b/i/u/s]STUFF[/b/i/u/s] - Bolded, italics, underlined, or struck-out text formats for emphasis :P
[other code]:P[/other code] - the site has a lil tutorial in the help section, and a few on the boards themselves, just gotta look around a bit :P

@Cheshire Cat @jxs_lxn ,

It's entirely possible that Lucky isn't quite down with abducting an innocent girl in STEM from her own speaking engagement. Maybe she knows a ruthless street hustlerette who might provide the ice cold moral support...

I mean, definitely not, for various reasons, but she knows she's been recommended into a corner. I figure she's going to spend the first part of the afternoon trying to procure a large amount of plastic explosive, and a look-alike corpse ... and a lab coat :p

PS: Lucky knows e'rybodeh! ... maybe not out-of-towners, but she's a connected lady :3

Ok, Lucky, Albert, and Nicolette have reponses, VB is next up.

@HiddenInHoods I'm going write a scene with Kowalski at home. After I post it, feel free to have VB roll up and do what he's gonna do!

We have four player-writers now, which is the exact number for GTA heists! Of course I'll have my characters and their storyline. That storyline will cross with yours, as it has just done with Lucky, and it will open up new storylines. When that storyline resolves itself, we will move on to other combined storylines and take a jump up the fish ladder!

P.S. We're getting better at coordinating. If I don't know how to hook the next scene to a post, I'll send a plotting pm and then we can set something up to make a bridge to the next scene.

Back
Top Bottom