Closed Hate Thy Sin, Love Thy Sinner

Currently reading:
Closed Hate Thy Sin, Love Thy Sinner

robbiexxx

Just some rando
Local time
Today 4:28 AM

I. P R E F A C E

Firstly, this roleplay is tenderly dedicated toward @CasualAdventurer for not only calling me quote on quote "insane" when I initially pitched the idea, but also agreeing to join not even seconds after, thank you Cassie. I find that it is important to recognize and stan a ride or die hoe when given the chance~

Secondly, this roleplay is HEAVILY inspired by a tumblr post I came across YEARS ago so if it seems familiar, just know I ripped it off some poor Tumblr user's (I mean it's their fault for using tumblr of all apps but whatevs) very original , thought-provoking post.

unknown.png
Lastly, please read the whole post. Like, I know that it may appear as daunting- especially to newcomers, but I've spent a lot of time and effort on this and to have it go to waste would be, well, shitty. BUTT, if you read the whole thing and still have questions, please PM me, I don't want to litter this thread U w U.

II. P R O L O G U E

"It is through my greatest displeasure to have gathered you all here today." A dour voice suddenly announced itself amidst the shadows, visage concealed as the looming figure circled a rather unamused crowd. "However, it is through your own recklessness that you are here and that, we simply cannot forget. For, you have not only proven to me but to the king himself that you are incapable of doing your jobs, irresponsible with your given talents. And to think, some of you have even gone as far as to stir trouble on Earth! In front of mortals! How blasphemous!" His speech echoed with bouts of anger, accompanied by none other than scorn. Narrowed eyes settled pointedly onto a smirking figure a mere second after, thereby provoking a highly distasteful click of his tongue. Now, this simply would not do. They needed to learn their lesson, and learn it well. And who better to teach them, than the very host who'd taught them in the years prior? "Upon hearing of your delinquencies, our master was- to put it lightly, not very happy. In fact, it was in his merciless intentions to bestow upon you an eternal punishment, eternal entrapment. All due to your own recklessness. But I, having seen you at your very prime, having witnessed glimmers of potential, dare I say even devotion, thought it wasteful to cast you aside so abruptly, and so, in my admittedly fearful haste, I'd manged to strike a deal of a sorts... A deal that would require your full participation" The figure emerged forth, grey eyes pooled with uncertainty as he scanned over their curious features. My, had they grown substantially. Some for the better and others, for the worst. Still, it was a hard pill to swallow knowing that his once students, were not students anymore. He inhaled sharply.

"And so, a great portion of my proposition was made in high hopes of your redemption- your safety. Do not make me regret it. Though, you must be wondering what this particular arrangement may entail, and I will tell you, my dears, only, I'm afraid that it may not be what you want to hear." A reluctant sigh escaped his lips, foot tapping anxiously as he mustered the courage to inform his rowdy delinquents. "You will be sent down to earth, with an intention of a sorts. You see, each of you has already been assigned a fellow mortal- but not
just any mortal, no. Instead, a mortal that is quite unlike you in the most detrimental of ways. And as such, it is in your assignment to influence them with your specialties, with your sin but- and this is very crucial, in a beneficial way. Per example, if I were let's say, Chanel, I would attain a partner who's especially lacking in pride- a certain amount of confidence. And with their faithfulness, I would then teach them the act of priding oneself, through whatever means possible. I would become, in a sense, their guidance- just as you all would become. Understood?" A wave of silence had washed over the room as the fellow sins struggled to accept their new reality. Earth? MORTALS? Murmurs began to arise as they talked within their circles, oblivious to how much worse it would get. "But alas," Basil piped up once more, "Every project has it's rules, one that you simply must comply with. One of them being, that you are forbidden from using your gifts on your subjects, as that takes the very importance of truthful redemption away from the assignment. Secondly, you may not swap mortals- I KNOW how devious you can be, therefore it must be clarified. So listen here, you may not like your partner, and they may not like you, but there is a job to be done and do it you shall. Granted you may actually come to love your partner, and though that is very sweet, never forget the purpose behind your presence. And lastly, no foul play on earth- and I mean it. You may be able to slip up from time to time, but any commotion louder than a fist fight will be stopped immediately and you will face dire consequences... Understood? You are now dismissed."

III. P L O T

In this modern world, it appears as though the seven deadly sins are our greatest downfalls. Only, never has the belief been opposed. In fact, rarely has it been admitted that our fellow sins could very well transform us into virtuous beings with just the right amount of diligence, the right amount of devotion. And so, through a rare perspective, we will follow the seven demonic sins as they embark on a journey toward redemption- carrying the threatened lives of seven individuals who desperately need a guiding hand alongside. And as such, the pairs will often be within close proximity to one another- to the point where the contradicting bunch will be sharing the same home (a mansion prepped by yours truly) and perhaps even rooms if it comes down to it. What amount of chaos, drama, comedy and romance that ensues is entirely up us, for now. And if they fail their missions? Well, let's just say that the seven sins won't be the only ones facing the consequences...

IV. R U L E S

1. I'm only seeking semi-literate to advanced writers, no asterisks users pls.
2. I cannot stress this one ENOUGH. I'm searching for DEVOTED, PASSIONATE writers. Ones that are willing to put in the extra effort to make a beauty of the plot line. Also, writers that take initiative when it comes to posting, I really don't wanna nag after all, we're all adults here.
3. No Gary or Mary Sues, or Ratchet Robbie will be forced to make an appearance.
4. Honestly, I am insane for expecting 13+ people to join and though I'm not really keen on doubling up in characters for this rp, that number's huge. SO, if we find that recruitment to be unbearably slow, each player will be allowed one other character!
5. Be creative! I can't tell you how many "tragic backstories" I've come across- and the amount of same damn face claims I've seen, it's honestly just a maaajjjjjjooooorrr bummer.
6. I'm the type that really doesn't like a huge gender imbalance (I honestly dunno why) so if there could be seven women and seven men (regardless of role, sexuality and ALLADAT) that'd be amazing. And Basil, we can't forget our savior Basil, who I'll be playing.
7. Lastly, have fun! And don't be afraid to pitch ideas or ask questions! (Via PM is always great). But yeah notice how there are seven rules and seven sins....... I'm slick like that :cool:

V. R O L E S

Demons

Pride -Taken by @Robbie Aldridge
Envy - Taken by @Verity
Gluttony - Taken by @Robbie Aldridge
Greed - Taken by @jxs_lxn
Lust - Taken by @Blaire
Sloth - Talen by @sage.
Wrath - Taken by @GentlemanOfScience
Humans

Anti pride - Taken by @Ualah Braff
Anti envy - Taken by @Kimcora
Anti gluttony - Taken by @CasualAdventurer
Anti greed - Taken by @Kimcora
Anti lust - Taken by @jxs_lxn
Anti sloth - Taken by @Verity
Anti wrath - Taken by @Ualah Braff

VI. P R O F I L E S

I ended up caving... Here are the sheets.

_N A M E_

_N I C K N A M E_

_A G E_

_S E X_

_R O L E_

(anti..__)

_N A T I O N A L I T Y_

_H E I G H T_

_B U I L D_

_A P P E A R A N C E_

(realistic images preferred)

_P E R S O N A L I T Y_

_B I O_

(general info, how has their anti__ impacted their lives?)

_T H E M E_ S O N G_

_A E S T H E T I C_
_D E M O N_ N A ME_

_M O R T A L_ N A M E_

_A G E_

_S E X_

_R O L E_

(which sin?)

_H E I G H T_

(mortal form)

_B U I L D_

(mortal form)

_A P P E A R A N C E_

(again, mortal form. Realistic images preferred)

_D E M O N_ F O R M_

(i think it'd be cool for each sin to have an animal as their demon form- it can be a mytholigical creature, to like, an actual sloth SO LONG AS YA'LL DON'T TAKE WINGED LION)

_P O W E R_

(they each only get ONE major power, and it has to correlate with their sin. For example, my hoe may have pride manipulation etc.)

_P E R S O N A L I T Y_

_B I O_

(what led them to this predicament?)

_T H E M E_S O N G_

_A E S T H E T I C_

female count: 7

Male count: 7

VII. E N D

I must admit that I had a blast writing this, and even if it doesn't take off, here is a brief thanks for supporting me and the idea as best as you could. I love ya'll <3

Oh! and comment down below if you're interested~

Last edited:
Baby doll, I thought about this the whole day and... just please, sign me up for the sin of Lust. It's time to get a bitch laid.

@Verity... I've been informed of your meeting with... The Colonel.

HiI'veheardalotaboutyoufromourmutualhoe. What role you thinking of taking?

Hi Cass. Same! Well... I figured I would wait and see what is needed. The Colonel seems to think we'll need more HoOmaNs. So I'll probably take one of them.

Insert soul-destroying comment about how missing this plot would be a sin.

But yes, I am very much down for this idea if you will have me.

If possible, could I write the sin of Wrath?
Baby doll, I thought about this the whole day and... just please, sign me up for the sin of Lust. It's time to get a bitch laid.
Great! I put ya'll down already so feel free to put up your sheets!

Besides that we still need like, 9 people sooooooooooo ya'll already know what to do.

_N A M E_

River Kindberg

_N I C K N A M E_

N/A

_A G E_

_S E X_

Male

_R O L E_

Anti-Gluttony

_N A T I O N A L I T Y_

Swedish

_H E I G H T_

5'6"

_B U I L D_

Lean

_A P P E A R A N C E_

_P E R S O N A L I T Y_

Obnoxious and preachy, above all.
(Sorry, just wanted to get this done. ♥️)

_B I O_

River's parents raised their child half in accordance to the tenets of a radical-enviro, pro-human extinction cult, and half in line with the common sense that inspired them to narrowly flee a mass-suicide with their newborn son.

The result? An extremely close-knit family of prideful vagrants, rejecting luxury and comfort in all their forms and lording this self-righteousness over any who would listen. Together, they'd harass passerbys well into the night, avoiding the police and returning to their unfurnished little hovel at the end of a long day to ingest only the most ungratifying scraps of food. Of course, they'd pat themselves on the back for going to lie on the floor on their perpetually empty stomachs, too.

River, as is the usual case with the children of demonstrative activists, carried on the lifestyle of his parents with a few more indulgences. A purely electric, compact car over anything needing gas to run, a smartphone to take full advantage of social media platforms to spread his preachy opinions, quality clothes made of renewable materials, just to name a few.

_T H E M E_ S O N G_

_A E S T H E T I C_

Last edited:
_D E M O N_ N A ME_

Arbitrium

_M O R T A L_ N A M E_

Ira

_A G E_

Ira has existed for hundreds of years, but his mortal form has the appearance of a man in his early to mid-thirties.

_S E X_

Male

_R O L E_

Wrath

_H E I G H T_

6.2ft

_B U I L D_

Tall and in reasonable shape, but more lean than muscled.

_A P P E A R A N C E_

gkt4SmmSssapp_twysdIMPuGTSPYe8xmamsTZCd58hQ.png
zzx4s52olft21.jpg

_D E M O N_ F O R M_

Ok, so I cant find a picture that captures exactly what I want, so you peeps are gonna have to use your imagination.
Ira's demon form is a grizzly bear, that is low key on fire. The amount of fire varies depending on his mood, going from a small trail of flames down his back when he is calm, to the full-body 'oh shit he's mad' inferno that happens when he's pissed.
I imagine the latter to look something like this:

_P O W E R_

Has the ability to control anger in others, he can make people angry, or calm them down if he chooses.
This does have an effect on him though, as he is forced to draw from his own emotions to do this.

If he wants to make someone/a group of people angry, he will become calmer as a result.
If he decides to calm the anger of a person, or even a group of people... it's not going to do his mood any favours.

_P E R S O N A L I T Y_

Ira is, as a rule, a calm man.
Over the centuries he has fought and struggled to gain control over his sin, believing that wrath has its place... but that it should be used sparingly.

Despite his efforts, he cannot fully control the rage that naturally bubbles and seethes beneath his calm exterior... every now and then something will set him off. Often Ira can tell when this is about to happen and will remove himself from the situation before he can do or say anything... regrettable.
Sometimes, if there is someone he trusts nearby and he cannot extract himself from whatever is going on, he will ask them to hold him back from doing something stupid... though stopping a fully enraged Ira is no easy task.

When he's not struggling to control his emotions, Ira likes to give off an air of sophistication.
He is always well dressed, no matter the occasion Ira will be wearing a suit or something similar.
He enjoys classic cars, good food, music and playing the guitar... the latter of which he finds very relaxing, which is rather useful sometimes.

_B I O_

Ira usually keeps quite a tight leash on his anger... that being said, Ira is a demon, not an angel... he isn't perfect, and sometimes you can have a damn good reason for being angry, and to hell with the consequences.
Perhaps it was stupid of him to lose control over something so seemingly minor... but even now, he can't find the slightest trace of regret over his actions.

One day, a group of youths decided it would be a marvellous idea to chase down a stray dog that had been hanging around their neighbourhood.
I shall not describe what Ira saw when he stumbled onto that particular scene... but it was enough to make the normally calm man lose control.

I do not think it necessary to describe exactly what Ira did to those men... simply know that he ruined a lovely new suit, and that they will all spend the rest of their sad lives stuck in a chair and shitting into a bag.

_T H E M E_S O N G_
When he is his normal chill self.
God the synths in this... I can't even.

When he snaps.
Best work out song... fight me.

_A E S T H E T I C_

hqdefault.jpg
des-suits-top-3.jpg
MERa2CoKizHyNCiSnxFArrDSZUpusmff3mIFZRZH652cKrBqdd2eEzGZBXPvyM9ZKdgS8xTOIDLNh3ilaqCzREsq1QLDg1JQ1_INySlvqQk15rQPuBY

fender-player-telecaster-hh-mn-tpl.jpg
7344.jpg

Last edited:
DEMON NAME

Lilith

MORTAL NAME

Bella Lee

AGE ✿

In her mortal form, she's in her early twenties.

SEX ✿

Female

ROLE

Lust

HEIGHT ✿

5'8

BUILD ✿

Lean

APPEARANCE ✿

y3zP_nIMAJPVT8cVFtQDdGxgJMwpk_n17nOafGUOnr8.jpg

ryugkrt5rrp31.jpg

Adeline-Rudolph-23.jpg

830full-adeline-rudolph.jpg

DEMON FORM ✿

f156e1e610799ce6aa3dfde1ba7ffc62.jpg

POWER ✿

Love & Lust Inducement

PERSONALITY ✿

A master at white lies & bedroom eyes, Lilith can be an absolute vixen when she wants to be. Sensuality is an art, and perhaps the only art that Lilith has mastered from head-to-toe. She sets her eyes on the finest of any species, and within an hour they're sure to be in her bed. Flirtatious, promiscuous, shameless — call her whatever you want. In the end, the truth is that there is a whole list of people dying to have their chance with her, and she's proud of it.

At heart, Lilith is a romantic. She wants to see the good in this world and she's always hoping for the better. She is compassionate and she wears her feelings on her sleeve, putting her trust in everyone she comes across freely. This leads her to be disappointed many a time, but there are also other times when she chooses to take charge and works a little of her own magic to make things turn out the way she wants them to be.

Though there is no shortage of beings who want their bodies entangled with hers, unfortunately, it still gets pretty lonely for Lilith from time to time. The sad truth is that Lilith doesn't know how to form connections with beings other than physicality. Touch is the only way she can express herself, and while it's her greatest strength it's also her biggest weakness because while there's many that enter her life, only a few really stay.

✿ BIO ✿

You see, Lilith has a lot of patience. Really. A lot of patience.

But sometimes even that isn't enough.

After being hit on by a bartender too many times, to give him an own taste of her medicine, she made every guy in the bar fall madly in love with the bartender. To put it shortly, things became chaotic very quickly when all the men in the bar started to riot as they realized that there were other men who were hitting on that bartender, their confused girlfriends trying to understand why they were into this bartender all of a sudden. A bunch of them got injured and some even died from that riot, so... that was something. Lilith prefers not to talk about it though. If you ask her, she'd say nothing happened.

✿ THEME SONG ✿

✿ AESTHETIC ✿

tumblr_nsnwb9ZndY1scqzaao2_250.gifv

tumblr_pahysk5lJf1ww94opo8_400.jpg

tumblr_n6tbhlUqRs1qfhbsvo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ntlazzqlYE1rtta3uo1_250.gifv
tumblr_ntlazzqlYE1rtta3uo2_250.gifv

tumblr_mtrll06g0E1rubkeho1_500.gifv

tumblr_oj4t68XaSt1v2kjtno1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
_N A M E_
Aubrey Jane Holloway

_N I C K N A M E_
Brie

_A G E_

_S E X_
Female

_R O L E_
Anti-Greed

_N A T I O N A L I T Y_
American

_H E I G H T_
5'9

_B U I L D_
Pear shaped and softer around the edges

_A P P E A R A N C E_
AIUNPldm.jpg

mSAvLaBl.png

_P E R S O N A L I T Y_
Friendly and upbeat, Brie tries to be kind and welcoming to all she meets. She likes making people feel happy, cared for, and supported. An eternal optimist, she is often the first to offer a silver-lining to most situations. Most of all, she is an affectionate person who has a spirit of generosity. She will go to great lengths to help others, no matter the cost or time it takes. However, she can be a bleeding heart and overly giving. She's easily manipulated by her guilt and appealing to her self-sacrificing nature. She has a hard time saying "no" and an even harder time turning her back on people that may be toxic in her life. She gives people many chances, always believing she can save them or their failure is her own. She is terrible at introspection and taking personal time for herself, often finding thoughts of her own mental, emotional, and physical health as selfish.

_B I O_
Brie had a somewhat normal upbringing. She was born the oldest child to a nurse's aid and an navy seaman in coastal California. Due to their jobs, both her parents made an honest living, but luxuries were scarce in the economic climate of the west coast. While her mother and father taught her the value of hard-work and sacrifice, they also instilled in Brie a sense of duty to her fellow man. If she wasn't volunteering for her church youth group, she was out helping after school at local shelters or at the Boys and Girls Clubs. She volunteered every free moment she had in some way. But, school and family life kept her busy, especially when her father came back from his second real deployment. Most in her family couldn't recognize the signs of PTSD until they began to see the change it had in her already regimented and stern father. His anger become explosive at the smallest things, he wasn't sleeping, and he began to withdraw from the family. It didn't help that money troubles and marital issues began to take a toll on her parents, leaving the three siblings to take the brunt of the emotional and verbal abuse in the hostile home. As the oldest, Brie sheltered her younger siblings from the majority of the trouble but in the process took on more than she could handle. While her father was out working long hard hours to make ends meet and mother was taking on extra jobs to support them, Brie took up the mantel of mother and cared for her siblings at a young age.
Even with the added responsibility, She continued to volunteer her time at nonprofits and local charities. It became her escape, her hobby, her life, as she received a sort of high from helping. It made her feel good and disconnected from the problems at home, like she was actually making positive change in someone else's life. This led her to chase this 'high on helping' in her personal life. It became part of her identity and a source of praise and validation from those around her. The problem was she didn't know how to stop, realize when she had taken on too much, or notice the warning signs when she was being taken advantage of. People, the good and the bad, gravitated to Brie who had a tendency of being "too nice" to seek that affection and sense of purpose. Brie gave up on college, a career opportunity, her health, and stability to support even the most toxic relationships in her life, spanning from lovers to friends to even family. At the moment, she is currently homeless, living out of her old family car doing odd jobs to survive. She continues to help others and often gets herself in odd situations because of it.

_T H E M E_ S O N G_

_A E S T H E T I C_

a77E8ZU.jpg

TDxTe4d.jpg

e35nxL3.jpg

JFBCshW.jpg

Last edited:
Lemme show y'all how it's done~

|| D E M O N | N A ME ||

Viserra The Proud

|| M O R T A L | N A M E ||

Chanel- and no, not like the designer brand

|| A G E ||

Having been one of the first sins to ever exist, Viserra prefers not to disclose her true age. However, she appears not a day over 23 when in mortal apparition.

|| S E X ||

F

|| R O L E ||

Pride

|| H E I G H T ||

5''7

|| B U I L D ||

Quite average in body weight & height, though slightly curvier around the hips.

|| A P P E A R A N C E ||

|| D E M O N | F O R M ||

f1d36e355e814f1edf6744df48f27d3c.jpg

|| P O W E R ||

Pride Manipulation. The ability to sense, distinguish, inflate and/or deflate the pride of another. Although, Viserra cannot conjure substantial impacts when considering a large group of individuals, rather, she may focus her gift upon one mortal or being at a time to ensure satisfying results.

|| P E R S O N A L I T Y ||

With an insatiable appetite to be on top {literally AND figuratively, winky winky} Viserra often walks the extra mile in order to be the absolute prime she can be, regarding her peers and even complete strangers- for the demon cannot handle being anything less and will often resort to competition or other means if she feels that her rightful place is being threatened. Moreover, she is known to be of rather high maintenance, although Vis very much prefers the mortal word "posh" as it resembles her complete and utter adoration for refinement and luxury. The best only deserves the best right? Right. Although, being number one does require a hefty sum of confidence and ego, which Viserra carries in bulk, of course. Why, some would even go as far as to label her as arrogant, egocentric and even vain, though she's sure that those words solely stem from places of pure jealousy. Regardless, her thirst for glory has made her a sore loser of a sorts, for, being unable to swallow her pride, Vis is incapable of good sportsmanship, especially when the game turns against her favor. Thus, she may be found sulking and whining about after a particularly brutal blow to the hubris... And yet, as awful as she may sound, she always gets back up. In fact, one of her greatest virtues is her resiliency and ambition, marking her a difficult being to tackle (a boss bitch, if you will). For, despite her condescending attitude, Viserra's contagious confidence and inspirational drive to not only do better but be better, may just aid in the completion of her mission, and seal her role as an effective leader.

|| B I O ||

Well, let's just say that some men don't know their place in this world. And the same men need to be disposed, end of story. Though, don't worry darling, Chanel hadn't been completely ruthless when discarding the body, no. For the grotesque mortal of a creature had somehow managed to nail down a beautiful woman under his spell- and another, and ANOTHER. And honestly at that point, she was doing all of the women a favor by ridding the earth of his ghastly presence. There would be no more unfaithfulness, no more lies, disrespect, nor abuse, simply none of it. But at what cost you may ask? Well, take a look around, dear, this isn't exactly heaven now is it? But let it be known that above all of her mistakes, apart from all of her mishaps, Chanel would never come to regret this one.

|| T H E M E | S O N G ||

I couldn't decide, shush.

|| A E S T H E T I C ||

3ac9fd8db5638aa517e7b813bbc00eb2.jpg

c34b019de6d5260b13d65a4b0645b4dd.jpg

959508e439efe7475a2e5399af8883d2.jpg

0b2e3992ba2cebedce9b89a362f8c5a7.jpg

9b3021e06fb15fed4b36b73dd2ea0ada.jpg

7244630e4928b737c7748bd604662ad3.jpg

2e722b21da9f90f2ab9c9963ec6539e0.jpg

d4061f8e603e13a4ffdcc33a38ff0634.jpg

92002530ec2f02e8cab6643e4ac42490.jpg

Last edited:
I LIED can I be Anti-Lust please :'D (I fucking love this concept Jesus)
If it comes to doubling up I don't mind being Envy :3

I LIED can I be Anti-Lust please :'D (I fucking love this concept Jesus)
If it comes to doubling up I don't mind being Envy :3
Sure thing! And thanks I guess? I TOTALLY ripped the idea off lmfaoooooo I do be thieving. But yeah welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom