Closed Hate Thy Sin, Love Thy Sinner

Currently reading:
Closed Hate Thy Sin, Love Thy Sinner

Sorry yall I am taking the last female spot *derp* Am adding to this as we speak....

---D E M O N_ N A ME---

Invidia

---M O R T A L_ N A M E---

Reva Connor
(though she rarely uses it. She tends to change names when she finds one she likes better)

---A G E---

Beginning of time + 1

---S E X---

F

---R O L E---

Envy

---H E I G H T---

5' 2"

---B U I L D---

Thin and petite

---A P P E A R A N C E---

DeveryJacobsTheOrder.png

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f71515a4b376c734a4f5a466363513d3d2d3431313234373937332e313462653034386365316531363039313631303832373336333739392e676966

---D E M O N_ F O R M---

1-lycaon-wild-dog-juan-bosco.jpg

african-painted-dog-art-darren-wilkes.jpg

---P O W E R---

Envy is a bit of shapeshifter, though the strength and endurance of her ability is proportional to the strength of the jealousy she must feed from to use it. She particularly enjoys using this skill to promote more jealousy among the mortals, which she then feeds from in a never-ending cycle. And massively screwing up some mortal's perfect life is just an added bonus.

---P E R S O N A L I T Y---

Invidia's greatest flaw is that she is exceedingly selfish. After all, she is the embodiment of envy. Thus, her own jealousy tends to get in the way most of the time and if she sees something she wants, she's not afraid to take it. Invidia was never the pretty sin, never the wealthy or the confident sin. Mortals didn't seek out envy the way they sought out pride or lust or greed or gluttony. Though she would be lying if she said she didn't want to occasionally be those other sins, causing chaos in the background in the meantime sure does suit her. When she's not causing other people grief, Invidia can usually be found skulking around in her demon form, watching from the shadows for the next opportunity to feed from, and goad, more envy.

---B I O---

Invidia felt ignored. Pride was off being wined and dined in the mortal world, Wrath was, inexplicably, trying to keep calm, and any fun to be had with Sloth just wasn't an option as she could rarely be motivated to participate in Invidia's schemes. Lust had plenty of mortals clamoring for her attentions, Greed couldn't be bothered to leave his precious gold for more than two seconds every hundred years or so, and Gluttony… well Gluttony was eating. Thus Invidia found herself skulking around the shadows, keeping herself company in her demon form as per usual, when she got wind of the trouble her demon counterparts had been getting up to. After the initial burst of jealousy at their adventures in the mortal world, she quickly realized that she too was a demon with the same capacity for toying with the mortals. And boy, did that sound like fun.

Seeking the epicenter of jealousy to feed her power, Invidia found herself in Beverly Hills. She quickly located a clique of wealthy social media influencers. She spent a few weeks using her shapeshifting talents to impersonate a few of them, spreading gossip and sowing jealousy to fuel her game. All you need to know is that what started out as a harmless game of "stir the socialite" ended with police tape and paparazzi. And the worst part was that it was all on YouTube.

---T H E M E_S O N G---

---A E S T H E T I C---

c0f5d7912eb7d88660ea977760e076ca.jpg

dd96a2897cabd677e4ba8a93674a27dd.jpg

073c9e447a36ff7378383534f50fc5a2.jpg

Last edited:
I could be Anti-Wrath unless someone else has their eyes on the role.

I could take Gluttony if we don't get someone by tomorrow or someone doesn't already want him :)

No problem then, I'm sure you can come up with something cool because I looooove Pride (also I didn't have any initial ideas yet I just don't mind having more than one character). I can take Anti-envy then (again unless someone was already wanting to take that role)

No problem then, I'm sure you can come up with something cool because I looooove Pride (also I didn't have any initial ideas yet I just don't mind having more than one character). I can take Anti-envy then (again unless someone was already wanting to take that role)
Awww thanks for the validation! It's what I live for. And I'll put you down rn!

_N A M E_
Harper Bassett Dainen

_N I C K N A M E_
Harp

_A G E_

_S E X_
Male

_R O L E_
Anti-Wrath

_N A T I O N A L I T Y_
Australian

_H E I G H T_
5'7"

_B U I L D_
He is fairly thin and not very strong.

_A P P E A R A N C E_
f93f815c7bf33fa32f469c87d711d693.jpg

_P E R S O N A L I T Y_
Harper has always been a cheerful boy, always looking on the bright side of things. When things are bad he finds good and keeps a level head. His mother raised him to be kind even to those who were not because you should treat others the way you want to be treated. He is just a little cinnamon roll.

_B I O_
As a child Harper grew up with his mother, his father leaving them shortly after he was born. His mother didn't have an easy time raising a child alone but she made the best of it.Being such a happy child made things easier and as soon as he was old enough he helped around the house to ease his mother's stress. They lived simply, his mother not being able to provide most things a household with two workers would so he learned to appreciate what they had.

In school He was often bullied for for his more feminine looks and demeanor but he never let it get to him. He always smiled and treated people with kindness, remembering his mother's words. One bully got so fed up with Harper's attitude, believing him to be mocking him, and he took things too far. The bully convinced Harper to follow him to a secluded place where he ended up beating him within an inch of his life. The bully hadn't meant for it to go that far but with Harper just smiling threw the pain and forgiving him he lost it.

After a while Harper passed out and the bully realized he had gone too far. He called the cops, pretending he found Harper being beaten up and saved him, hoping they wouldn't charge him with attempted manslaughter or something. When the cops arrived with an ambulance Harper was taken to the hospital where he spent over a month recovering from his injuries. During his recovery the cops found out that the bully had actually done it since he had told some of his "friends" that he was going to beat Harper up that day and even they thought he went too far once they heard what happened.

Even after all of this Harper didn't hold any anger towards the bully believing that he had his own issues that he was dealing with so it wasn't right for him to add a feeling such as anger to the situation. Anger just hurt people and he didn't want to hurt anyone since he had seen his mother hurting for so long and he didn't wish that on anyone. Once he was recovered he worked hard to get good grades and get as many scholarships as he possibly could.

He was able to get a scholarship to Full Sail University in Florida and took it knowing that it would be easier for his mother to take care of only one person rather than two so he packed up his stuff and left. He writes letters to his mother every couple days to let her know he's okay and to make her happy. He sometimes thinks that his choice to leave wasn't the right choice but he knows that it is too late to change his mind and to make the best of it.

_T H E M E_ S O N G_

_A E S T H E T I C_
photo-1503416997304-7f8bf166c121
127928a62823406ca53a8bbe197c9974.jpg
the-veil-is-thin-witch-aesthetic-magick-witch-quotes.jpg
f7f2d0a5c9f63165bb93e1bd27f3a9ef.jpg
154-1543496_flower-tumblr-fondo-flores-flor-vintage-fondocirculo-yellow.png

Last edited:
_D E M O N_ N A ME_

Mammon

_M O R T A L_ N A M E_

Kian

_A G E_

Mammon has existed since time itself... or commonly identified as a 27-year-old man on Earth.

_S E X_

M

_R O L E_

Greed

_H E I G H T_

6'2

_B U I L D_

Athletic, rather toned and fit, has a desirable 'V' shaped torso that is littered with what mortals call "tattoos".

_A P P E A R A N C E_

uploaded-file-03108.jpeg

Odi2.gif
Odhi.gif
CloudyJoyfulGalapagosdove-small.gif

5fc2e3b44efc64797bdde3e6dd9b0c50.jpg

_D E M O N_ F O R M_

e2c66ebab30379b068cef21b85d1123b.jpg

734217fca59d69e98f81a26a853346db.jpg

_P O W E R_

Greed Manipulation: the ability to sense and manipulate the greed, covetousness and avarice of themselves, people, animals and other creatures, whether by increasing, decreasing, causing or otherwise channeling greed, even manifesting the emotional energy to physical level.

_P E R S O N A L I T Y_

Mammon can be a civilized man, so long as you are not in the way of his gold and treasures. He is characterized as being pampered and materialistic, of course; the only thing he truly loves more than himself is his wealth and most prized possessions. He is uncharitable and merciless, don't expect a penny or even a finger from a man like Mammon, he will lend you neither. A man obsessed with having everything in the world and no less, he can be vastly envious of others who possess more than he, and he will not rest until it is his. There is almost a smugness to him at all times, he carries himself like he is "holier-than-thou", boisterous and as cocky as the king of spades, he fears no one and nothing (besides losing his wealth).

Living centuries upon centuries as a gold-hungry dragon, he has mastered the art of being protective a little too much. If you are to threaten the status of his worldly goods, he will kill, many have tried and none have succeeded, hundreds of thousands of lives underneath his belt. The world is his if he so pleases and anyone who thinks otherwise are seen as fools. An arrogant and avaricious beast only longing to feed his insatiable desires for wealth and materialistic gain, there is not an empathetic bone in his body.

_B I O_

If you know of Mammon's story, you know him to be the Ivory Dragon, the Western dragon often used in folklore regarding a vicious beast that guards its gold and treasure against any man who dares to challenge it. Well... because of this, another man had bit the dust, so to speak. This man, however, was not in seek of his possessions, but was a wise prophet, hoping to redeem the dragon and compel him to stray from his materialistic ways. Oops? How was he to know that one of the most powerful, respected men of the land had stepped afoot his mountainous home to only spew honest nonsense? It was against his better judgment to just char his body where he stood, rather than to let the old man speak another pleading word. He had heard it all before, hundreds of thousands of times over, how they were not in his presence to steal, but just "look". Regardless, what's done is done.

_T H E M E_S O N G_

_A E S T H E T I C_

351be5935a0ee1c56dd1a78308551561.jpg

11.jpg

tumblr_p39lj6RF7B1sqerubo1_500.jpg

c4752a77cb6c26187b62c4ef0fee8d4d.jpg

412ebfb0c23be64931986d76a4166bb3.jpg

original.jpg

w5IM31v5_u_Cc9am__UaxqeaxT59bvU1NecSMOLf__uJyTa9LsxJV1e42TszdUOQP57xNOwpDqTA0fPMlch_FFAktDbb56lYaircy17iXwIJMlzy6o1P1ORjbBaSy86CSy4E6fY

Tiziano_-_Venere_di_Urbino_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

7a7250aeba83f89bea0205089511b287dad841ba_hq.jpg

Last edited:
_N A M E_
Alejandro Orellana

_N I C K N A M E_
Ale

_A G E_

_S E X_
Male

_R O L E_

Anti-Envy

_N A T I O N A L I T Y_
Spaniard (on his mother's side) and American (on his father's side)

_H E I G H T_
5'10

_B U I L D_
Average, he would say and could stand to lose a couple pounds.

_A P P E A R A N C E_
2Ksq6ga.jpg

_P E R S O N A L I T Y_
Ale is a mess. Not just in appearance, but also in his personal and inter-personal life. Sarcastic, abrasive, and reclusive, he tends to spend most of his time in seldom activities like playing video games, reading, or going through the monotony of adult life. He regards most people with the same detached disinterest that he does himself. He just doesn't give a hell. Hate him or love him. Everyone sucks, everything is bullshit, nothing matters, and then you die. He's not pessimistic, so much as a realist. Why envy others or objects when literally nothing matters in the end and everyone was just a terrible person out for themselves?

Outside of him comfort zone, he is quiet, despises mingling, and will be blunt if cornered into speaking. Overall, he has a difficulty trusting and relying on people. When at home, he prefers his own comfort to anything and will often wear whatever fits and isn't a struggle. He's laid back and looks for the path of least resistance. While not filthy and still well-kept in the grooming department for healthy reasons, he doesn't try to show out with his appearance. Some call it laziness, but it's genuinely comes from a place of self-apathy and perhaps self-hatred. If he took the time to really analyze it...

Even if he comes off as an egotistical jerk, Ale does have some positive traits. He is not dishonest and will tell you his opinion whether you want to hear it or not. He isn't jealous because he doesn't care what you have or what he doesn't have. He can be generous and supportive, as he doesn't covet what you achieve. He can also cook very, very well.

_B I O_
Ale was raised in foster care, after his mother lost custody after falling on hard times and being unable to care for him. To say the least, his life was turned upside down and it left him with bouts of depression and lacking stable attachments. While bouncing around from home to home in foster care, he came in contact with his soon to be partner-in-crime and chosen brother, Jace. The two grew up together in the system and trusted each other implicitly, planing to work together to make it big and never be reliant on the system again. When they aged out of the system, they moved in together and began to structure a business plan to open a restaurant. The restaurant ended up a success and the young men started seeing the profits and notoriety they had hoped for as children. Things were good, they were great actually, and the usually cautious Ale became hopeful. For once, Ale felt a sense of accomplishment and pride in something he did.
Then, in came Charlotte, a perky and charismatic woman that could light a dining room up with her smile. She worked her way from server to manager quickly, showing the men she had the drive and passion to carry the business forward. While Jace liked to handle the numbers and business side of the restaurant, Ale took care of the kitchen and in house decisions with Charlotte. Extended time spent together, common interests, and building attraction led the two to start mixing business and pleasure. Soon, perhaps too soon, the two decided to make things serious. The three were inseparable friends and worked closely together on their dream. It seemed only logical that Ale would ask Charlotte to marry him after 4 years of being together and that Charlotte, of course, would say yes. However, when he popped the question, Charlotte decided to unload the secrets she'd been carrying. Her and Jace had been seeing each other behind Ale's back for almost a year...
The news crushed him. Not only had the only person he truly trusted betrayed him, but the woman he loved was now in a relationship with him. The betrayal and hurt almost drove him over the edge, but he was forced to push his feelings down for the sake of the business. That was the only thing that mattered in his life now and the only thing that made him feel good about himself. He chose to ignore the way the two flirted shamelessly in front of him and could only scoff at how they believed him when he said he was 'happy for them'. He even agreed to be Jace's best man at their wedding...
Ale tried to move on and put all his focus into the business, but found himself butting heads with Jace constantly and Charlotte even more. Especially when the two decided they should sell the business to a rich little prick that made his living off buying out small businesses and franchising them. Ale fought tirelessly against it, citing the very principals and reasons that he and Jace started this business in the first place. Of course, he was silenced by Charlotte's vote, as Jace took her side over Ale's. The last thread of care snapped when Jace offered to buy Ale out of his share in the business, telling his brother that he was making things difficult...Ale took the buy out offer and walked out on the business that he helped start from the ground up. He never spoke to Jace or Charlotte again...
After he spent a few months in self pity, blowing through the money in a short span of time, Ale learned a very important lesson. Life sucks and then you die. People were the worst. What was the use in caring when apathy was so much easier? So he picked himself up, put on a tie, and resigned himself to a dull life as an office temp at a company that he doesn't even know what the hell they do. ...

_T H E M E_ S O N G_

_A E S T H E T I C_

Oay2IqUm.jpg

mjHmG8xm.jpg

AOWPZ5km.jpg

BtfWWAOm.jpg

Last edited:

• D E M O N • N A ME •

Erodon

• M O R T A L • N A M E •

Mackenzie AKA "Mac"
n cheese

• A G E •

20 something in human years, far too old to be doing this shit in demon years.

• S E X •

M

• R O L E •

Gluttony

• H E I G H T •

5"10

• B U I L D •

Average, though slightly on the pudgier side of the spectrum. Although, Donnie very much prefers the internet slang of thicc.

• A P P E A R A N C E •
w

2cb7efb9ea2f6db5e62bbdbfc98f475e.jpg

a31b8eaaf2b4ae776c81f49c47aeb9b5.jpg
[ 23AA500D-1D2A-4B5C-9D76-2B9B4EBE44DB.jpeg

• D E M O N • F O R M •

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

• P O W E R •

'Don acquires the unique gift of food generation. Otherwise known as the innate ability to conjure any sort of consumable substance (including proteins, vegetables, dairy products and liquids) from already existing resources, or even out of thin air. Furthermore, the food can quite easily appear as completely raw- ready to be prepared or as a fully cooked meal. Regardless, Erodon almost
always has a snack on him.

• P E R S O N A L I T Y •

Seemingly always among the masses, Mac is quite the gregarious entertainer. For, lively and amicable, he often accustoms his many dispositions to further suit the mood, or rather "vibes" as he says, of the room and/or crowd. And so, as jovial as he may appear, he can quite easily transition into a more somber persona with just a flip of the coin. It's called range, sweaty. Thus, being the emotionally perceptive, intelligent & humorous demon he is, it's quite safe to assume that Mac is of the rather popular breed, especially in conversation with the younger crowd. Furthermore, his strong preferences of dwelling among mortals has nearly turned him into one himself: a meme-loving, emotionally inept (in the sense that he has quite the trouble conveying them without cracking a joke), Netflix-binging, and questionable-decision-making, young man.

However, his sin does often get the better of him at times, particularly at his low points. For, lacking a severe amount of self-discipline and control, Mac often acts upon a whim, very rarely thinking of the consequences beforehand. Thus, as a result, he's often gotten himself and others into very big trouble- be it by overindulgence in food, substances that shall not be named and/or alcohol, Mac is on very thin ice not only with the authorities down in hell, but with the badge-wearing dudes up on earth. What can he say? He just likes to have fun... But at what cost?

• B I O •

You see, Mac never completely understood why he was a sin in the first place. Sure, he (admittedly) ate more than he necessarily needed, drank more than he could personally bear and yeah,
that's about it. But it was never really done through bad intentions, if that were even possible, that is. Point is, it was not like he was trying to spite or wrong anyone (though he wouldn't exactly put it past some of his other counterparts), he was simply being his chubby self. And so, as the years passed Mac began to realize just how different he was from the distorted clique of demonic sins. Why, they could be ruthless & power-hungry, while he was just hungry in general. They would be fighting battles among battles and he... Well, he would be eating a donut. Come to think of it, the cruelest thing he'd ever really done was quite literally take candy from a baby...Hey, don't judge, it was hot day and that lollipop was lookin' extra good. BUT ANYWAY, once he began piecing the fact his existence was of no particular use, Mac quite literally abandoned his post, which, if you're guessing, is not exactly the best thing to do when in hell. Though he was surprised that they hadn't caught on earlier- I mean, he'd been lounging on earth for a good what? 10? 20 years? Regardless, his presence (or there lack of) had apparently caused a rather large "disruption" in the system, or whatever Basil had said. And now, well, now he's here.

• T H E M E • S O N G •

• A E S T H E T I C •

Last edited:
I think we have all the characters posted!!! The starter will be posted as soon as tomorrow (still getting accustomed to this relatively new layout U w U). But yeah, I'm so glad you all joined! Can't wait to start writing with you!!

I just wanted to apologize about the colors, I tried to match them as close to the characters as possible but with the update the colors have changed. If you would like I can change it to normal and just have their dialog colored or have nothing colored if it is difficult to read or just awful to look at.

Are waiting on one more character To be posted right? Or is there no posting order?

How can we make this lively again :( ?
Uh,,,,maybe post??? Honestly I was expecting it to be slow since it's just the beginning of the rp. But not this slow.It should pick up once all the characters get through the whole shock/irritated phase.

Hey friends, fellow writers, and cool kids! Soooo I was wondering if this thread was still going or if we were waiting on someone or if it's being dropped all together? It was such a cool concept I would hate to see it kinda die off.

Back
Top Bottom