Both Needed Lumen: City of Fairytales (recruitment)

Currently reading:
Both Needed Lumen: City of Fairytales (recruitment)

Is there room for one more? Seems like Belle needs her Beast 👀 I also need to think of another character, probably Ariel from The Little Mermaid.

Is there room for one more? Seems like Belle needs her Beast 👀 I also need to think of another character, probably Ariel from The Little Mermaid.
Like the first page says, we're always accepting. If you wish to play Beast/Adam, he needs to be an independent character or you'll need to discuss linking your characters with Eternal Love,... if she's willing to do that.

An independent Beast/Adam sounds wonderful actually!

I promise I read the front page but can't read fr, fr

Name: ZhengDi - Tao Tie beast from Chinese folklore, known for their greed and literally bottomless stomach.

bd357c4c64e0625b6811f0f7f094e744.jpg

Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality:
Emotional, impulsive, loyal, observant, whimsical, shameless, wary.

Occupation/Job:
Mercenary and bodyguard

Powers:
He can eat and digest anything, from titanium to sponge cake. Everything's fair game. Has skin that can be bruised but not penetrated unless with a special weapon. Has small nail-like claws, enhanced vision, sense of smell, and hearing.

Talents/Hobbies/Skills:
Fghting, sleeping through loud noises. Can cook - "I'm gonna eat it anyway, might as well make it taste good."
Usually pushes back his more animalistic instincts, which helps keep his hunger in check.

Brief Story:
ZhengDi, as a Tao Tie, has a very high metabolism. He's glad for his job because it pays well, so he always has money to buy food. If he lets his emotions loose, his stomach will become a bottomless void and with enough time will drive him crazy with hunger.
He's quite volatile as a teammate, and often ends up doing whatever he wants. However, that won't happen it if his actions will end up harming someone else. He's territorial, but has a very loose concept of others' personal space.

ZhengDi Wasn't born so much as appeared one day, and accidentally injured someone before a mage took him under their wing. He taught Zhengdi as his apprentice and ZhengDi views him as a parental figure of sorts. However, the mage died a few years later, leaving ZhengDi on his own again. When he had been moved to Lumen, he wouldn't leave his house or talk to anyone for weeks, even at the risk of going mad with hunger.

If anything overlaps with someone else's character or something doesn't work, please tell me!

Last edited:
Hi, I'd like to join!

Name: ZhengDi - Tao Tie beast from Chinese folklore, known for their greed and literally bottomless stomach.

View attachment 85370
If anything overlaps with someone else's character or something doesn't work, please tell me!
I'm a little concerned about this being.
He does not seem very sociable (but I could be wrong...) and this is a social game.
Yes, I did bring in Blue Beard, but other than his curse he can be spoken to and reasoned with.
Yes, I did bring in a god-killing giant, but the god-killing happened in pitched battle and she has social skills.
IDK, am I too concerned (meaning, am I being a dick?) ?

@N0ah, He's an interesting character for sure but, like @Double Plus Ungood, I have some constructive criticism. Since you asked for us to tell you, I figured I should say something. I admire your creativity with this particular being and applaud you for it. However, he does need a backstory. One of my characters is a Nøkken from Norwegian folklore and doesn't really have a fairytale story so I made one up. I would recommend trying to give him a story and like Double said, making him a bit more sociable. He can totally be a villain but he has to be able to function in a social society if that makes sense.

Another thing I noticed was his powers. I appreciate that his hunger is both a strength and a weakness (him going crazy if he doesn't eat enough) but I feel it might be a good idea to limit what he can eat. I'm not familiar with this creature of folklore so if that's not doable feel free to ignore that bit. I'm also a bit confused by the shockwave thing and how he keeps his powers at 50%. Our host, @Missmonkey, did not want overpowered characters. I'm not necessarily saying that your character is overpowered but some explanation might be needed.

I hope this is helpful. Please know that I am trying to be helpful and not in anyway trying to discourage you. You have a great character concept, he just might need a little tweaking is all. :3

Hi, I'd like to join!

View attachment 85370

Sexuality: Pansexual

Personality:
Agressive, gloomy, impulsive, loyal, observant, whimsical, shameless.

Occupation/Job:
Mercenary and bodyguard

Powers:
He can eat and digest anything, from solid things like titanium to intangible things like emotions. Everything's fair game. Has skin that can be bruised but not penetrated unless with a special weapon. Has small nail-like claws, and can create shockwaves if his powers are at 100%.

Talents/Hobbies/Skills:
Pissing people off, fighting, sleeping through loud noises. Can cook - "I'm gonna eat it anyway, might as well make it taste good."
Usually keeps abilities at 50%, which also helps to keep his hunger at a minimum.

Brief Story:
(He doesn't really have a story, as he doesn't have a childhood, so I'll just write a character summary.)

ZhengDi, as a Tao Tie, has a very high metabolism. He's glad for his job because it pays well, so he always has money to buy food. If he dials his power up to 100%, his stomach will become a bottomless void and with enough time will drive him crazy with hunger.
He's extremely unstable as a teammate, and often ends up doing whatever he wants. However, that won't happen it if his actions will end up harming someone else. He's territorial, but has a very loose concept of others' personal space.

I like him to have at least a short custom history prior brief brought to Lumen by Merlin's spell. Also, no shockwave or eating emotions, that is too much and it's not described as things the creatures does when I googled it. Once all that is fixed, he'll be good to go.

I'm mildly concerned with his personality as well, were you intending him to be a villain type? I mean, villains are fine, Heng is something of a villain himself... I'm just concerned the only thing ZhengDi will be doing is trying to antagonize other characters.

Important to note, if ZengDi got out of hand, Merlin would likely personally deal with him, which could mean eliminating him or placing some kind of restrictive enchantment on his powers to ensure Lumen citizens safety, it would depend on severity of the situation.

I like him to have at least a short custom history prior brief brought to Lumen by Merlin's spell. Also, no shockwave or eating emotions, that is too much and it's not described as things the creatures does when I googled it. Once all that is fixed, he'll be good to go.

I'm mildly concerned with his personality as well, were you intending him to be a villain type? I mean, villains are fine, Heng is something of a villain himself... I'm just concerned the only thing ZhengDi will be doing is trying to antagonize other characters.

Important to note, if ZengDi got out of hand, Merlin would likely personally deal with him, which could mean eliminating him or placing some kind of restrictive enchantment on his powers to ensure Lumen citizens safety, it would depend on severity of the situation.
Alright, I'll edit it those abilities. I'm trying to start him off as an somewhat unlikeable character and evolve his personality over time, and he won't be too disruptive. ZhengDi does his job, and might yell a bit, but he's smart enough to not cause any actual conflict.

@N0ah, He's an interesting character for sure but, like @Double Plus Ungood, I have some constructive criticism. Since you asked for us to tell you, I figured I should say something. I admire your creativity with this particular being and applaud you for it. However, he does need a backstory. One of my characters is a Nøkken from Norwegian folklore and doesn't really have a fairytale story so I made one up. I would recommend trying to give him a story and like Double said, making him a bit more sociable. He can totally be a villain but he has to be able to function in a social society if that makes sense.

Another thing I noticed was his powers. I appreciate that his hunger is both a strength and a weakness (him going crazy if he doesn't eat enough) but I feel it might be a good idea to limit what he can eat. I'm not familiar with this creature of folklore so if that's not doable feel free to ignore that bit. I'm also a bit confused by the shockwave thing and how he keeps his powers at 50%. Our host, @Missmonkey, did not want overpowered characters. I'm not necessarily saying that your character is overpowered but some explanation might be needed.

I hope this is helpful. Please know that I am trying to be helpful and not in anyway trying to discourage you. You have a great character concept, he just might need a little tweaking is all. :3
Thanks! I sometimes get excited about a character and end up giving them to many abilities, so I'm grateful for the advice : )

I'm a little concerned about this being.
He does not seem very sociable (but I could be wrong...) and this is a social game.
Yes, I did bring in Blue Beard, but other than his curse he can be spoken to and reasoned with.
Yes, I did bring in a god-killing giant, but the god-killing happened in pitched battle and she has social skills.
IDK, am I too concerned (meaning, am I being a dick?) ?
He'll get better, I promise! ZhengDi is better at being a normal person around others who treat him normally.

I've updated my character! Please look over it (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧

I've updated my character! Please look over it (⁠。⁠•̀⁠ᴗ⁠-⁠)⁠✧
I think the powers look good. All he needs is the story like Miss Monkey said. I don't imagine there's a rush on that but it would be best not to start roleplaying with him until you've included it. It'll be easier for everyone that way.

I think the powers look good. All he needs is the story like Miss Monkey said. I don't imagine there's a rush on that but it would be best not to start roleplaying with him until you've included it. It'll be easier for everyone that way.
Okk!

FAIRYTALE
Helios Starborn, otherwise known as The Unicorn

c80a064828b61eefc745b8fb0904b45b.jpg

Age: Ancient, easily the oldest aged inhabitant of Lumen
Appearance age: 21-23
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Personality Points
Gentle / Kind / Wise / Insightful / Curious / Romantic / Loyal / Devoted / Honest / Honorable / Dominant (between the sheets) / Intuitive / Attentive / Intelligent / Compassionate

Occupation/Job: Doctor

Powers:

Healing touch-
Helios has the ability to cure non-fatal injuries with the mere touch of his hand. Injuries requiring the removal of something (example: A bullet) would require surgery first before Helios can heal the injury.

Blessings of the Unicorn- These abilities are usable only in Helios's true form as a unicorn.
  1. Good fortune- Consenting to allow a mortal to touch his golden horn will bless the mortal with good fortune in their lives for one year.
  2. Wish- A unicorn has the ability to grant a mortal any one wish with no limitations, but only once every hundred years. This honor is never given lightly and unicorns are often extremely picky about who receives it, it is reserved only for those with a true noble soul and pure heart. It is impossible to trick a unicorn in bestowing this gift, they immediately know the nature of a mortal's heart. (alignment, not like mind reading or whatever)

Raw Magic- Unicorns possess magic in its purest and most raw form, this magic is concentrated in the beautiful golden horn adorning their foreheads whilst in their true form.

Ageless- Unicorns are ancient creatures, ageless and naturally immortal. If a unicorn is killed, they are reborn anew to start again… unless their horn is stolen, then in that situation, a unicorn's soul fades away into nothingness.

Shapeshifter- Unicorns possess the ability to change at will back and forth between their natural form and their humanoid form. The change is taxing upon energy however, so most unicorns remain in their humanoid form until they have reason to reveal their true form… staying thus also helps to protect their precious horn. (Site rules apply, absolutely no intimacy in unicorn form)

Talents/Hobbies/Skills:

Modern Medicine
(Helios has spent the last five years studying modern medicine for all of the things that his healing touch cannot fix. Life is precious and he seeks to preserve it).

Nature Walks (Helios adores spending time outside, even more so when the scent of flowers and trees with the chirping of birds is involved. He enjoys collecting pretty rocks when he finds them)

Reading (Helios is fascinated by humanoid literature and knowledge of the modern age)

Tea (Helios finds soothing enjoyment in blending his own herbal teas. His favorite is lavender and mint)

Brief Story:

Helios was once a prince among the unicorns, males were very uncommon and thus, Helios was very special even to his own kind.

Not long before Merlin cast his spell, Helios had been defending the grove he called home from a dark witch seeking to kill unicorns and steal their horns for the tremendous ancient power they possessed.

Helios does not know if the unicorn hunting witch was also brought to Lumen, but the wizard Merlin has vowed to him that he and any other unicorn calling Lumen home would be fiercely protected.

Since arriving in Lumen, Helios had devotedly studied medicine. He now works as the head doctor of the Lumen Community Hospital.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom