Either Needed Set Sail! A Fantasy Pirate crew search!

Currently reading:
Either Needed Set Sail! A Fantasy Pirate crew search!

Should I add personality to the character sheet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know how to write someone's personality, real or fictional.
You just describe it with adjectives. Is your character brash, and mean? Or are they quiet, and polite? Are they conniving, and deceitful? The list goes on really.

I was never good with describing details like that. I still have a OC from the past that still doesn't have character sheet.

NAME: Saila Meg
DESCRIPTION and/or PICTURE: Her muscular, yet slim build forms a perfect, athletic frame for swimming in all manners of currents. Her brown skin has been tarnished over the years from sun burns, and scars, but still keeps its youthful glow. Her round lidded black eyes are usually squinted as she judges those around her, and her dark wide lips down turned in a constant frown, stretching the several scars atop the soft flesh, and showing a glimpse of her crooked teeth. Atop her head is a tangled mess of long black wavy hair usually pulled into a low ponytail reaching past her shoulders. Her hands, and feet are calloused from years of dock work on the Sigvid Isles.
SPECIES:
Human
HEIGHT: 5'11
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: "You trying to fuck?"
SEXUALITY: "Obviously you are..."
ABILITIES: From her years living on an island, she's become an expert at both swimming, and fishing since that's really all once can do when surrounded by water. She's a novice with a rifle from her lessons at the pubs given by drunken sailors, and she's a master with her fists from getting into fights at the previous mentioned pubs.
RANKING: Captain!​

Dahomey Wells--30

Dahomey found herself at the Sigvid Isles within only the past 2 years—the previous 8 she has spent "Runnin my legs and mouth as far and free as they'll get me!" She conveniently leaves out that it also means running from a cult on a further isle. Her start away from said cult started rough—she didn't know much, and it was a steep learning curve. She started out making money in back alley fistfights, then graduated to odd dock work, bartending, and selling herb that's a bit more difficult to come by—which is the combination of things she's found abundant for work among the Sivgids.
She has 2 long daggers at her hips most of the time, and hard practice over the course of the past decade has rendered her very proficient in their usage.

Sorry, the night got away from me yesterday lol. This is the start for my character!

Name: Xera Circe

Description: Despite being born in the Sigvid isles, Xera's parents were both outlanders, and her comparatively pale complexion burns easily in the hot sun. The child of a carpenter and a smith, she grew up with a natural affinity for physical objects, particularly tools and devices, and though she has no particular powers to speak of, she is perhaps a mechanical savant. Most of her life was spent indoors, watching her parents ply their crafts or alternately attempting to make her own inventions, most of which are theoretically possible but too lofty for the technology of the age she was born in. Far be it from her to claim any sort of professional expertise in a particular trade, she still knows her way around a workshop or forge better than most hobbyists, and her dreams are often visited by grand envisionings of assemblages. After having concluded that the Sigvid Isles are too peaceful for technological advance to catch up to her dreams within the span of her human lifetime, she desparately wants to explore the world and learn, through practice, study, and mimicry, new applications of her skills.

Personality: She errs on the side of pragmatism, with the major exception being her idealistic attempts to create new wonders, which is unbounded by the limits of her contemporary peers. She is also more comfortable when things are precise, and struggles to follow nuance and subtext that go beyond her limited fields of experience. She is very passionate when speaking about her craft with like-minded individuals, but is sometimes plagued by a reluctance to speak about herself and her interests, as she feels as though very few people would be understanding enough to accept her. She is a bit of a hopeless romantic in certain ways, even shackled by her precautionary introversion, and wants to find someone who would value her for both her merits as an individual and as an inventor, or more than one such person if possible.

Species: Human
Height: 5'9"

Relationship Status: Pending
Sexuality: Pan/Demi, gynromantic-leaning

Abilities: Very good with her hands, figuring out what unfamiliar devices are supposed to do, reverse-engineering and fixing things, and making new contraptions using available tools and materials. Most of her ideas are too advanced for the base technological level of the Sigvid Isles, though with sufficient guidance she can make a semi-functional equivalent of various pre-industrial inventions. Also good at reading charts, mental and scriptorial calculations, and diagramming.

Ranking: Looking for passage

Look at these babes! Might just put personality on the chart because I'm so eager to know these ladies 😍 Circe already has it heck yeah, and Wells got something to hide 😏

I've also been looking for a pirate RP, not sure how many writers you are looking for

For a proper pirate RP, I would assume the more the merrier, in terms of filling out crew-roles. But I guess too-many-cooks is an antithesis worth considering as well.

Back
Top Bottom