Either Needed Set Sail! A Fantasy Pirate crew search!

Currently reading:
Either Needed Set Sail! A Fantasy Pirate crew search!

Should I add personality to the character sheet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was never good with verbs and all that. I can't honestly remember learning adverbs in my childhood.

Is 9 too much of a crew? 😅😂 Very interested but also busy until Friday. So totally understand If you guys wanted to start it say tonight or tomorrow and I'll skip my turn!
…. I'll be waiting to hear back from you!!

I'm heading to bed now but I can post my character tomorrow!

This might be what we're working with, so I'm going to make a thread for our group. Does anyone have any name suggestions for the story??

Look at these babes! Might just put personality on the chart because I'm so eager to know these ladies 😍 Circe already has it heck yeah, and Wells got something to hide 😏

How dare you. Wells is such an upstanding citizen of the WORLD. 😂

I don't know if you have anything in mind already, but a good idea for the thread might be the name of the ship or something. But that doesn't help if that detail isn't clear yet in your mind.

Maybe once the characters are all posted we can do an experimental one-shot+one-scene non-canonical rp thread to help figure out the dynamics and rapport, and come up with a title from there.

NAME: 'Grim'

BACKGROUND: Grim used to be part of a crew aboard the Black Rose, along with August. While outlanders, the crew sailed the waters around the Sigvid Isles for some time due to there being so much activity surrounding the fruitful nation, prying on smaller trade ships. Unless they were met with retaliation, they rarely killed any of the traders and simply boarded the ships to loot whatever exotic goods they might have been carrying. Then one day while anchored near the coast of a remote sand bay, they were capsized by a rival crew. Nearly all of his crew were either shot or drowned, but Grim managed to escape unscathed. Believing to be the sole survivor, he caught a loose barrel from the wreckage and somehow drifted back to one of the Isles desolate shorelines. Making his way over to the colonized portion of the Sigvid Isles, he picked up some work as a laborer at the docks. Grim never did find out which crew had sunk the Black Rose, but he believed there must've been a rat amongst his old crew. Now a bit down on his luck, he's desperate to find another crew to accelerate his wealth with.

DESCRIPTION and/or PICTURE: During the altercation with the Black Rose being sunk, Grim sustained many different injuries across his face, hence the scaring. Where he adorns a slimmer, less muscular build, he makes up for it with his dexterity. Grim is extremely agile, able to sidestep most sword swings sent his way. He's gained a lot of experience and learned some important lessons in the short few years he worked along side his old crew. His hands are calloused from his years as a pirate, and newly found work as a dockhand.

SPECIES: Human
HEIGHT: 6'

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: N/A
SEXUALITY: Straight male

ABILITIES: While not being great at hand to hand combat, he can still hold his own with a sword. His specialty however lies in the flintlock pistol, as he's become quite an expert with the weapon. On his journeys in the high seas, he's shot many enemies dead in a single shot from a rather ornate looking flintlock pistol he carries on him at all times. During combat from one vessel to another, some of the killing blows were dealt from as far as 150 feet away, earning the respect of his old crew members.
RANKING: Able bodied sailor

Last edited:
Do we have to use the character creator for looks? Just so everyone has the same "type of appearance"?

Just wanted to know so I'm on board :)

I was maybe thinking something along the lines of a storm name. maybe the ship could be called 'storm' something, or typhoon
just an idea though

Maybe we should have a poll for the general theming of the name based on a number of categories.

Obviously some of these would have to be changed based on in-world narrative details but just dropping ideas for name elements
  • Person-Name
  • Mythology/Folklore
    • Deities or Mythic Figures (e.g.
    • Deified Forces (e.g. Zephyr)
    • Mythical Species (e.g. Mermaid, Nereid)
    • Mythic Event/Location (e.g. Atlantis, Odyssey, Acheron)
    • Folkloric Figures (e.g. Tam Lin, Titania)
    • Mythic Objects (e.g. Aegis, Mjolnir, Golden Fleece)
  • Nature (non-living)
    • Time-based (e.g. Eventide, Midnight)
    • Wind-based (e.g. Gale, Gust, Breeze)
    • Water-based (e.g. Swell, Wave, Breaker)
    • Storm-based (e.g. Tempest, Typhoon)
  • Plant-Based
    • Plants (e.g. Ivy, Nightshade)
    • Plant-derived (e.g. Hempen, Wicker, Oaken)
    • Plant-Adjacent (e.g. Amber, Nectar)
  • Mineral/Metal
    • Precious (e.g Diamond, Gold)
    • Resource (e.g. Iron, Steel, Flint)
    • Base (e.g. Pewter, Tin, Lead)
  • Animals
    • Birds (e.g. Harpy, Albatross, Swift, Kestrel, Kingfisher, Hummingbird, Harrier)
    • Fish (e.g. Lamprey, Eel, Minnow, Swordfish)
    • Non-Fish Aquatic (e.g. Dolphin, Manatee, Narwhal)
    • Mythical (e.g. Phoenix, Unicorn)
    • Animal-Derived (e.g. Pearl, Ambergris, Silk)
    • Other
  • Categories of People
    • Archetype (e.g. Wastrel, Urchin, Bachelor, Lecher, Drunkard)
    • Profession (e.g. Weaver, Whaler, Carpenter)
    • Other
  • Man-Made or Useful Things
    • Containers (e.g. Basket, Bucket, Bowl, Goblet, Flagon, Chest)
    • Tools (e.g. Augur, Awl, Wedge, Hammer)
    • Weapons
      • Bladed (e.g. Halberd, Dagger, Dirk, Cutlass)
      • Pointed (e.g. Bolt, Arrow, Dart, Spear, Rapier)
      • Projectile (e.g. Flintlock, Matchlock, Musket, Arbalest)
      • Siege (e.g. Ram, Trebuchet, Catapult, Ballista)
    • Consumable Products
      • Alcoholic (e.g. Rum, Cider)
I decided to cut it there because I didn't want to vastly overthink things but I could go on.

595b4e171d50121438a9f2753d2f631c83432de5.jpg
bfe87584533dbc81813f3eb411808635.jpg

NAME:

August

BACKGROUND:
The "Fallen" are a group of winged humans who live their lives in peace and solidarity. They have white hair, golden eyes and large white wings. They stay away from outsiders as much as they can, thinking of them as 'impure'. The "Fallen" believe they are decedents from angels in heaven due to the wings on their back. So, they devote their whole lives to religion and August wasn't having it. He hated the nature of those who raised him. It was boring and didn't make any sense. The male wanted to do something better with his life. He left his home, dying his hair black and put colored lenses in for his eyes. Eventually, he found the crew of the Black Rose (and the rest is history with Grim's telling of what happened to the crew lol)

SPECIES:

"Fallen"

HEIGHT:
5'11

RELATIONSHIP STATUS:

Single

SEXUALITY:
Bi-sexual

ABILITIES:
The ability of flight - He can fly due to his wings
Incredible sight - He is able to see far distances
Incredible strength - In order to keep his body in balance with flying, he has to be strong enough to do so. This would also translate to what he's able to do when he isn't flying

RANKING:
Lookout and navigator

14de4daca5be57f6b210b7c573c46946.jpg

Okay the title can be "Current Affairs", but I'm still thinking of the ship name. I'm wondering if Saila would have everyone's opinion on it, or just call it something of her own.

Maybe we should have a poll for the general theming of the name based on a number of categories.

Obviously some of these would have to be changed based on in-world narrative details but just dropping ideas for name elements
  • Person-Name
  • Mythology/Folklore
    • Deities or Mythic Figures (e.g.
    • Deified Forces (e.g. Zephyr)
    • Mythical Species (e.g. Mermaid, Nereid)
    • Mythic Event/Location (e.g. Atlantis, Odyssey, Acheron)
    • Folkloric Figures (e.g. Tam Lin, Titania)
    • Mythic Objects (e.g. Aegis, Mjolnir, Golden Fleece)
  • Nature (non-living)
    • Time-based (e.g. Eventide, Midnight)
    • Wind-based (e.g. Gale, Gust, Breeze)
    • Water-based (e.g. Swell, Wave, Breaker)
    • Storm-based (e.g. Tempest, Typhoon)
  • Plant-Based
    • Plants (e.g. Ivy, Nightshade)
    • Plant-derived (e.g. Hempen, Wicker, Oaken)
    • Plant-Adjacent (e.g. Amber, Nectar)
  • Mineral/Metal
    • Precious (e.g Diamond, Gold)
    • Resource (e.g. Iron, Steel, Flint)
    • Base (e.g. Pewter, Tin, Lead)
  • Animals
    • Birds (e.g. Harpy, Albatross, Swift, Kestrel, Kingfisher, Hummingbird, Harrier)
    • Fish (e.g. Lamprey, Eel, Minnow, Swordfish)
    • Non-Fish Aquatic (e.g. Dolphin, Manatee, Narwhal)
    • Mythical (e.g. Phoenix, Unicorn)
    • Animal-Derived (e.g. Pearl, Ambergris, Silk)
    • Other
  • Categories of People
    • Archetype (e.g. Wastrel, Urchin, Bachelor, Lecher, Drunkard)
    • Profession (e.g. Weaver, Whaler, Carpenter)
    • Other
  • Man-Made or Useful Things
    • Containers (e.g. Basket, Bucket, Bowl, Goblet, Flagon, Chest)
    • Tools (e.g. Augur, Awl, Wedge, Hammer)
    • Weapons
      • Bladed (e.g. Halberd, Dagger, Dirk, Cutlass)
      • Pointed (e.g. Bolt, Arrow, Dart, Spear, Rapier)
      • Projectile (e.g. Flintlock, Matchlock, Musket, Arbalest)
      • Siege (e.g. Ram, Trebuchet, Catapult, Ballista)
    • Consumable Products
      • Alcoholic (e.g. Rum, Cider)
I decided to cut it there because I didn't want to vastly overthink things but I could go on.
Explain more I'm probably the dumbest person here!

Back
Top Bottom