Group RP Shadowport Shuffle Characters and OOC

Currently reading:
Group RP Shadowport Shuffle Characters and OOC

I've been a bit busy with meeting and the aftermath of my project implementation this week.

Either today or tomorrow I'll start the IC thread. What I'd like for Everyone's first post is 'How did you get in this situation?'

What prompted your character to travel to Shadowport and do these favors for the Prince of Shadows? Give me a scene that establishes your character, who they are, and why they're taking part in this adventure.

After those are posted, I'll set the scene for your first meeting with one another and your first contact with Bosley.

I'm slow on the weekend so I might only post Monday. I'll start working on a post in the time being. Just one quick question if I may, Is there any kind of relationship between Icons, in particular the Prince of Shadows and the High Druid? Do they hate each other, do they accept that each has a role to play in the grand scheme of things, etc...

The Dwarf King is the only Icon that explicitly hates the Prince of Shadows. The High Druid and Elf Queen are figuratively half-sisters, but it's more of a sibling rivalry than anything else. The High Druid doesn't like the Emperor or the ArchMage, because they both seek to impose order on natural forces in their own way.

The Prince and the High Druid don't have much of any relationship. Different circles really.

I'm thinking that, after earning a bad reputation with the imperial wizards, she started finding herself on the waitlist for courses at the major magical universities, until finally she was just outright blacklisted. She's come to Shadowport on the rumour that the Prince can be found here, and hopes to secure from him an artifact that the archmage wants, and basically buy her way into his good graces so she can get back to her studies.

@Cheshire Cat

In order to aid you in your trip to Shadowport, agents of the Prince of Shadow give you 25gp to aid travelling expenses, although may ask a small favor while you're in Shadowport. Also, once you get to Shadowport, some dwarven tough decided he didn't like the look of you. 2 recoveries later, you've proven your magic is not to be trifled with. For the adventure, you get a +2 to intimidate NPCs if you display a bit of magic in the attempt.

You're welcome to include all this in your introductory post, but are not obligated to.

@Angel of Mercy

The High Druid, knowing you're heading into perhaps the most corrupt part of the Dragon Empire has given you 4 specially enchanted berries. Each will act as an Adventurer Tier Healing Potion. (Consume to heal a recovery +1d8HPs.) They're also delicious and filling.

During your journey to the shadowed city, you ran across some wild Undead, who proved little challenge for your versatile ferocity. While money may or may not be that important to you, city folk seem to worship it. You find 25gp worth of filthy lucre amidst the destroyed corpses.

You're welcome to include all this in your introductory post, but are not obligated to.

I hope the post was okay! Quick question, can I assume Ohanna speaks elfish and the common tongue? (She does not speak Drunkenese, hence why she couldn't understand the drunken idiot.)

Yep, she speaks whatever languages are reasonable for her background, including Druidic. And the post was lovely.

*steeples his fingers* Excellent. If I can provoke Filking, I'm doing my job.

*bows* I'm glad you appreciated it.

Ularia begins play with a small vial of thick, red coppery fluid, that when consumed, will allow her to spew forth a wave of acid.
Attack: +5 vs PD against 1d3 nearby enemies in a group.
Damage: 4d6 acid damage
On a hit of 16+, the target suffers ongoing acid damage 5, save ends.

'How's that for racial superiority?'

Back
Top Bottom