All The Band (Signup and OOC)

Five

Don't wanna be your Daddy but I am
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 11:38 PM
Pronouns
He/Him
The idea is simple: a fantasy setting where bands/groups of traveling monster slayers and quest doers is the norm. We get a fee for saving towns/people from local beasties and supernaturals hassling them, or for doing the legwork for whatever chore or feat they need done by heroes/mercenaries. If you become renowned enough, you get songs and stories sung about your crew.

The twist: our band of traveling mercs...is a band. Like with instruments, except they're either magically endowed instruments or they double as a weapon(you be knocking them upside the head with your steel-plated oboe or slicing through them with your axe-bladed...axe). The point is, when we engage in battle, it is by rocking out hard and conquering our foes through the music.

We'll come up with our main plotline together and start the rp with the group already formed and either together for a while or just newly assembled. Please note: nobody has to be a traditional bard or follow bard rules. This game is off roading in the fantasy genre.

This is a sign up sheet to gauge interest for a minimum of 2 other people besides myself, with 4 total slots open at maximum. I would like at least one person, if not myself, to sign up as the lead singer. You can play a weaponized/magic instrument as well, but I want at least one of us to sing(weaponized/magic), with the rest of us being backup singers.

Players (full)
Five - Uther Doul (keyboard)
OrganicIntelligence - Morga Bloodtusk (lead vocals)
dispatch99 - Otigrax "Oti" Nyiltixish (lead guitarist)
Mikaela Corvid - Trixie Sylvanhande (violin)
ZAlcyoneus - Nuronirth Riquier (clarinet harp)

Standby members:
Riff- tba

Last edited:
We'll be like a real band and come up with the songs together. So it wouldn't creatively fall onto the shoulders of one person. And we could keep it simple, maybe even reference real songs lyrics if we like it/feels like it fits for whatever battle we're in. And I don't anticipate putting in huge song lyrics in our posts, they would be snippets here and there to punctuate the details of the magic attacks. You know?

wizard with a synth, magic-rogue drummer, or barbarian guitar shredder…

is this going to be what makes me learn how to use a music making program

wizard with a synth, magic-rogue drummer, or barbarian guitar shredder…

is this going to be what makes me learn how to use a music making program
Lol, well, I mean, you can write music for it if you want? But it's not required. ^^;; This organically will be no different from any fantasy rp, except our spells will be framed through description of music playing.

Heh, all 3 of those sound awesome, honestly.

I'm thinking an Orc barbarian on vocals, who has something akin to the dragon shouts from Skyrim as their form of musical magic.

Awesome! Putting @OrganicIntelligence as our lead vocals. @dispatch99 I'm gonna put you down as well? I'll make us an OOC thread in the Hearth and we can start putting up character sheets and discussing plot deets and fine tune a direction we can agree on.

We hit the minimum number I wanted but we'll leave it open for 2 others to join us later. Sound good?

f23b3a7671b100996296b6dbb8490971.jpg

7546810036_4c9448c0ab_o-705x299.jpg

f75e0129945cbe74a0fb13d897b1d82a_4.jpg

Name: Uther Doul
Species: Unseelie fae
Class: rogue/fae rogue
Height: 6'2"
Band placement: keyboardist and backup vocals

Personality: cunning and scheming. Presents a mellow, chill "go with the flow/devil may care" front but has a bit of an impish cruelty streak, befitting his fae nature. Will support the group and be loyal but....if opportunity knocks for some playful trouble, he might not be able to help himself.

Powers: aside from fae glamour which he can extend for limited time over others positioned close to him(within 20 ft) he can spout curses.

The Instrument: the keyboard he carries straps onto his back, with leather strap across his chest. It can also be opened up with two decks and sit on legs/supports. His powers while playing can weave illusions that only work if he is currently playing notes. And he can convince directed listeners to dance, if their will/body is weakened. There's also a percussive attack he can use when combined with the magic song/attack of others in the band. It's not strong on his own but can knock a regular sized human back on their ass if he uses it by himself.

Backstory/Stuff you need to know: Uther was originally from the fae lands and has made a hobby preying on humans. He still will eat them on occasion but tries not to make a habit of it so much anymore. Now that he is starting the Summer season of his lifespan, he is looking for fame and notoriety and monster slaying seems the easiest way(other than doing something truly terrible and dying horribly and everyone hating you; everyone boos and makes fart noises with their mouths when those people are sung about though, so, he doesn't want that kind of fame). He has a history of spewing curses and ruining the lives of a few people but it may or may not become relevant later. He feels no guilt but also would be hurt to realize people are still mad about it. Dude, it was in the past; he's a different fae now. ...mostly.

This looks cool as hell y'all, want one more?

This looks cool as hell y'all, want one more?
Hell to the yeah! Go ahead and slap up a character sheet. I'm not too strict on it. Whatever you want to include and think would be important for us to know.

Name: Trixie Sylvanhande
Species: Eladrin/Human
Class: Necromancer
Height: 6' even
Weight: 132lbs
Band placement: Violinist, dancer and backup vocalist

Personality: Trix doesn't typically like people, nor does she enjoy much in the way of socializing. However, when she's on stage, it's like she's a whole other person. She's charming and enthralling. Her music wrings emotions out from the crowd, and her dancing has the ability to put folks into a trance-like state. Her voice, a high sweet thing, tends to lend to the ethereal backgrounds of several songs.

Bio: The result of two hateful parents, Trixie went to the street at a young age and spent her time learning the ways of the world until a cult picked her up. Living in the compound so young, she was exposed to all manner of situations unfitting for a young one. That said, in this cult is where she learned her talent for animating dead things. The cult saw this as a sign their proverbial goddess of death had returned to them. During a rather long and exhausting ritual, Trixie had been placed on an altar to be sacrificed. However, at the last second the room had filled with black smoke, pulling the souls from the bodies of her would be "care givers". Trixie was gifted more power, a boon from the goddess of death, and she went about her life.

Returning to the streets, she learned to play a fiddle and began honing her trance and charm abilities. She earned a humble living playing in taverns for bread. She learned to use a bow and arrow from a rather smitten ranger, before she broke his heart and left him alone in his bed one morning, long gone. Soon enough, she gained some level of notoriety as a violinist with the ability to bring out emotions, and was brought into a band.

Last edited:
Frigging awesome! Holy fuck! 👍

Our band is gonna rock, I tell ya what! And kick ass!

Count me in. @Five can you message me for character creation help.

I don't know a whole lot about music myself or being in a band, though I attempted to play a few instruments (trumpet, flute, mom's clarinet) in 5th grade. Didn't get my mom's musical talent. But I'd be interested in joining if that is alright. Not sure what instrument I would play...maybe bass guitar or clarinet. I was thinking like a vampiric ghoulish half-dragon...the ghoul part being the result of a curse or genetic experiments but is the child of a vampire & dragon. They'd be a bit of a challenge to have around due to being controlled by both blood lust and an insatiable appetite for flesh/blood & their more feral instincts as a result of the curse or genetics. But I see there's five people already interested in this/part of this group so good luck regardless.

I don't know a whole lot about music myself or being in a band, though I attempted to play a few instruments (trumpet, flute, mom's clarinet) in 5th grade. Didn't get my mom's musical talent. But I'd be interested in joining if that is alright. Not sure what instrument I would play...maybe bass guitar or clarinet. I was thinking like a vampiric ghoulish half-dragon...the ghoul part being the result of a curse or genetic experiments but is the child of a vampire & dragon. They'd be a bit of a challenge to have around due to being controlled by both blood lust and an insatiable appetite for flesh/blood & their more feral instincts as a result of the curse or genetics. But I see there's five people already interested in this/part of this group so good luck regardless.
Hey, you just missed the signup. I'm sorry about that. Thank you for offering and it sounds really cool. If a slot opens up, you can put your name in again, alright?

I figured. I didn't expect this to be a popular idea and was just writing up an option when the spots filled up but noted.

Trying to decide on an instrument… Think I'm gonna go with electric guitar but not sure

e669d4c76ea53830fd207373a3fd219c.jpg
735d67d20c75979c0e3fa80d0f752a42.jpg

Name: Morga Bloodtusk
Species: Orc
Class: Barbarian
Height: 6'4'
Band placement: Lead vocals

Personality: Short tempered, brash, very protective of her friends (although considered cool-headed and even-mannered by orcish standards). Likes to fight hard and party hard. Bringing up her father or her siblings is a bit of a sore spot and is a good way to get on her bad side.

Powers and Equipment: Possesses orcish strength, durability and healing as well as a barbarian's tendency to Rage when wounded. Using her magical mace (The Destroyer of Kings), she can amplify her orcish battle-cries into magical attacks. Her constant companion and mount is a massive black warg called Fury.

Bio: Born the fifth child of Ragnok Bloodtusk, the supreme warlord of the orc tribes of the Eastern Marches and the only child of his second wife Nokla the Halfelven*, Morga spent her entire childhood living in the shadow of her four older siblings. Whilst the eldest son Grommar and eldest daughter Tharga were invited to their father's council meetings to learn to be his heirs, Morga learned to follow orders and be their good soldier. Whilst her sister Goranda was taught to fight by the greatest orcish teachers in the land, Morga had to make do with being her punching bag. Whilst her brother Fragh was given his own command as one of his father's trusted lieutenants, Morga was given the 'honour' of being his flag-carrier in battle.

Whilst her father preferred to ignore his 'spare' child, Morga's mother doted on her. She was enthralled by her mother's beautiful singing voice, which encouraged Morga to learn to sing as well as she did. This brought her to the attention of Gu'rak Stormbreaker, the oldest and most respected of all the war-chanters in the Eastern Marches. He took Morga under his wing, brought her to the ancient shrines to the orc ancestors where war-chanters had learned for centuries, and taught her to call upon their spirits to grand her voice incredible strength. She discovered she had a gift for this ancient style of battle-singing, and Gu'rak, sensing that he was not long for this world, gave her his legendary mace, the Destroyer of Kings. When held up to her lips it would amplify the power of her songs into powerful spells of destruction.

Morga had hoped that now she would find the approval of her father, but it was not to be. Instead she discovered that she had arranged a marriage for her, a political union with the king of the ogres whom her father wanted to cement an alliance with. Disgusted by the notion of becoming the ogre's bride, Morga grabbed her mace, mounted her trusty warg Fury and rode off in the night to foreign lands where she hoped she could find fame and fortune beyond her family's reach.

*reminding Morga that she's a quarter elf is another way to get her really mad

Last edited:
Brilliant, @OrganicIntelligence ! Wonderful sheet! I love our crew! Shaping up to be totally rockstar! 🤘

@dispatch99 that sounds good! Go for it!

Over this week, once we got everyone in the group named and stuff, we'll cobble together a general story direction we want to go in. I kinda just have the "adventurers going from town to town, playing gigs AND slaying monsters" thing and that's it. I feel like, we could come up with something a bit more cohesive together and flesh it out as we go and get new ideas.

Back
Top Bottom