All The Band (Signup and OOC)

Currently reading:
All The Band (Signup and OOC)

Ohh, I really like that! And that makes sense too if her royalty/bloodline has conferred upon her some of her powers, yeah?

That sounds good. I like the idea of the things being intertwined. Like, the collection of the pieces of music involved 5 different quests/fights that highlight each of our band members' strengths and some demon from the past we each gotta overcome or deal with. And agreed about successes and failures.

I'm not keen on the battle of the bands idea. At least not in a big multiple bands way. I originally thought of this idea where we are the ONLY musical mercenary group of monster slayers/adventurers, so, we're bringing this unique slant to this world where they normally just have straight up wizards and barbarians and stuff. Maybe we even get made fun of a little bit.

But if this eldritch entity needs a song to be perfectly performed in order to be summoned, it would make sense if the cultists were part of their own type of band, right? And I do like the idea of after we've had a few wins and a loss, we encounter another merc band out there who have copied our idea and think they can do it better, stealing some of our thunder and notoriety. Maybe that could be a battle of the bands type thing? Where we have some of the bits of song, the cultists have a piece or two and the rival band have a couple pieces and we have to play them for it, winner takes all.(and again, we would not be aware that the cursed music piece is a summoning device).

Understandable, I wasn't sure how to do such a thing anyway.

Oh, that could be fun and a way to see how each of our characters handle being on their own after being in the group for a while. And yes, I think it might be possible this cult being their own band.

I think that could go well.

I'm alright with option A.

Also, @dispatch99 Your boy's story is sad.

Yeah, I think so.

Okay, so we're all pretty settled on option A with our rp starting with everyone meeting for the first time. Do you guys like the bulletin board idea? Anything you'd like to add or change?

Also, I would like just a general input from Mikki, our fifth, before we begin. (@Mikaela Corvid ) People are still sometimes busy around this time with holiday stuff still(you're not gonna believe it, my grandparents want to do the weekly spaghetti Sunday like we always do AND have a ham dinner on New Year's Day, so, gonna have a lot of love in my belly this weekend and Monday again. XD). So we'll give her another day or so to catch up to discussion and offer any nay or yays to current direction. Does that sound good? I don't wanna pressure anyone or leave anyone behind.

I like the bulletin board idea. Everyone coming for the same thing, showing a bit of...I guess whatever ideas pop into heads...with only your character @Five knowing what's going on. And yeah sounds good about waiting. I know I, at least, am still trying to catch up on replies plus getting things set up for a 1x1 rp. And wow...that's certainly a lot of food to consume in a day or two.

Nothing I'd like to change OOC at the moment. All sounds good! I'm fine waiting for the people who have a life our partners to catch up: it's only fair.

And @ZAlcyoneus it is but don't worry!!! It's a redemption/friendship/comfort arc. Otigrax is about to find his friends and companions ^^

:) That's good. And yeah, that's true.

I can see Nuronirth being surprised there's another dragon child roaming about. Since he's never seen one before. But probably still being self conscious about his looks.

I felt like Morga's bio was a bit anaemic, so I fleshed it out with some more details (she now has a riding warg and a slight change of heritage).

Okay, so we're all pretty settled on option A with our rp starting with everyone meeting for the first time. Do you guys like the bulletin board idea? Anything you'd like to add or change?

Also, I would like just a general input from Mikki, our fifth, before we begin. (@Mikaela Corvid ) People are still sometimes busy around this time with holiday stuff still(you're not gonna believe it, my grandparents want to do the weekly spaghetti Sunday like we always do AND have a ham dinner on New Year's Day, so, gonna have a lot of love in my belly this weekend and Monday again. XD). So we'll give her another day or so to catch up to discussion and offer any nay or yays to current direction. Does that sound good? I don't wanna pressure anyone or leave anyone behind.
Everything sounds pretty good so far. The goal to put together a summoning song is great and can be the over-arcing theme as they travel, with subplots thrown in along the way to keep things from being monotone and players getting bored. We can always use the gaming chat room to make d20 rolls to determine success and/or the level of success for certain acts.

Never done any rps with dice rolling so if that is included, it'll take me a bit to get used to.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of dice rolling. I'd prefer we make decisions based on story and write what we want to happen. Rather than make this chance based.

Well I'm pretty much all caught up on responses, just 2 more to catch up on and 1 new response to do so if you guys wanna start now I'm game.

Okay, I've never done a group rp before. Where do I put the IC thread?

Well there's different forums for it but since this seems to be more story based, avoid the Sanctum. That's for all the sex stories. I'd suggest putting it into Poe's Corner beneath the Great Hall board. And then, if you want you can add a thread marker to it when making it. There's a list of choices: High Fantasy, Low Fantasy, Sci-Fi (wouldn't apply to this), etc.

Oti: "man, im so depressed and guilty… i hope that whatever monster caused all this carnage in the woods kills me too."
Survivor: "actually, it was no monster—it was an older, buff, orcish barbarian woman"
Oti: "hell yea, even better"

Last edited:
Question: should I wait for one of our other team mates to post before I post again?

Question: should I wait for one of our other team mates to post before I post again?
Up to you. I'm working on a post but I won't be done for another few hours, and it's not dependent on your dialogue.

Back
Top Bottom