Group RP Way of the Wicked Characters

Currently reading:
Group RP Way of the Wicked Characters

whay should i say then? should i stick to the two skills, or do the skill and the tool and just state it? I thought i did state it... guess I'll edit

I don't mind what you pick, I'd just like the selection marked on the sheet. It could be as simple as Expertise: Double Proficiency for Stealth and Thieves' Tools, assuming that's what you're choosing. Or just putting a little * beside your Expertises. Stealth *: +8.

That works, thank you. She is a half-elf, right?

Groovy. I'll go ahead and open a thread a bit later today and we'll get rolling with the folks we have. Others can join in if they like.

You should have all been tagged. I'll post a link.

Garth Seafarer - Male NE Stout Halfling Monk 1

Background: Sailor

Crime: Murder (+1 damage to attacks)

Personality: To me, a tavern brawl is a nice way to get to know a new city. My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what.
Ideal: Mastery. I'm a predator, and the other ships on the sea are my prey. (Evil)
Bond: I'll always remember my first ship.
Flaw: I can't help but pocket loose coins and other trinkets I come across.

Str: 13 +1 Save: +3
Dex: 18 +4 Save: +6
Con: 16 +3
Int: 11 +0
Wis: 14 +2
Cha: 8 -1

AC: 16
HP: 11
Initiative: +4
Passive Perception: 14
Speed: 30

Skills:
Acrobatics +6, Athletics +3, Perception +4, Stealth +6

Proficiencies:
Shortsword, Simple Weapons, Alchemist's Supplies, Navigator's Tools, Vehicles (Water)

Languages:
Common, Halfling

Racial Traits:
  • Lucky - When you roll a 1 on the d20 for an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
  • Brave - You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
  • Halfling Nimbleness - You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
  • Stout Resilience - You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance against poison damage.

Background Feature: Ship's Passage
When you need to, you can secure free passage on a sailing ship for yourself and your adventuring companions. You might sail on the ship you served on, or another ship you have good relations with (perhaps one captained by a former crewmate). Because you're calling in a favor, you can't be certain of a schedule or route that will meet your every need. Your Dungeon Master will determine how long it takes to get where you need to go. In return for your free passage, you and your companions are expected to assist the crew during the voyage.

Class Features
Unarmored Defense
While not wearing armor and not using a shield, your AC equals 10 + DEX modifier + WIS modifier.

Martial Art
While you are unarmed or wielding only monk weapons and you aren't wearing armor or wielding a shield, you can use DEX instead of STR for the attack and damage rolls, you can roll your Martial Arts damage die in place of the normal damage, and when you use the Attack action on your turn, you can make one unarmed strike as a bonus action.

Unarmed Strike: 1 Bonus Action

Equipment:
Prison Rags, Manacles

Attacks:
Unarmed +6 to hit, 1d4+5 damage.

Description:
ALIGNMENT: Neutral Evil
SIZE: Small
HEIGHT: 3'5"
WEIGHT: 43lb
EYES: Hazel
HAIR: Sandy Brown and short
SKIN: Tan
FAITH: The Sea?

Backstory:
Garth lived with his family in a coastal village for most of his childhood with his family and extended family, as halfings tend to do. One Autumn day he the village was attacked by pirates seeking slaves and provisions from the defenseless town. The pirates noticed his quick wits and nimble fingers, and rather than sell him off with the other captives they kept him on to run the rigging. He spent four years under that flag before the ship was sunk by a naval frigate. Garth's small size helped him avoid notice and he escaped on a floating piece of debris. When he finally mad it to land he was lost and confused. Knowing nothing else he returned to the life of a pirate, where he's been on and off countless ships.
Now you would think a pirate would be enough to for execution, but that wasn't what finally stuck. One evening at some tavern in some port city (they all blend together eventually), he overheard a voice he recognized. The man who had bought the slaves from his original captors. In a fit of rage and vengeance he bashed the mans skull to a bloody pulp with his bare hands. Turns out, murdering a nobleman in front of countless witnesses is a good way to get you arrested.

Last edited:
Does Garth have a backstory? Who did he kill?

That works well. Feel free to post in the IC thread.

Vadrik Cyrgraith - Male CE Goliath (Grave) Cleric 1

Background: Haunted One

Crime: Desecration

Bonds:
Personality: I live for the thrill of the hunt
Ideal: I have a dark calling that puts me above the law
Bond: I keep my thoughts and discoveries in a journal. My journal is my legacy.
Flaw: I am a purveyor of doom and gloom who lives in a world without hope.

Str: 15, Save +2
Dex: 8, Save -2
Con: 15, Save +2
Int: 11
Wis: 16, Save +5
Cha: 15, Save +4

AC: 9
HPs: 10
Initiative: -1
Passive Perception: 13
Speed: 30

Skills:
Medicine, Religion, Athletics, Investigation, Survival

Racial traits:
Stone's Endurance - You can focus yourself to occasionally shrug off injury. When you take damage, you can use your reaction to roll a d12. Add your Constitution modifier to the number rolled, and reduce the damage by that total. After you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Powerful Build - You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift.

Mountain Born - You're acclimated to high altitude, including elevations above 20,000 feet. You're also naturally adapted to cold climates.

Proficiencies:
Light armor, Medium armor, Shields, Simple weapons

Languages:
Common, Giant, Infernal

Heart of Darkness:
Those who look into your eyes can see that you have faced unimaginable horror and that you are no stranger to darkness. Though they might fear you, commoners will extend you every courtesy and do their utmost to help you. Unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them, they will even take up arms to fight alongside you, should you find yourself facing an enemy alone.

Eyes of the Grave:
At 1st level, as an action, you can open your awareness to magically detect undead. Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any undead within 60 feet of you that isn't behind total cover and that isn't protected from divination magic. This sense doesn't tell you anything about a creature's capabilities or identity.

You can use this feature a number of times equal to your Wisdom modifier (3). You regain all expended uses when you finish a long rest.

Cantrips:
Spare the Dying (bonus domain cantrip, 30ft range)

Sacred Flame (Dex save, 60ft, 1d8 radiant)

Thaumaturgy (30ft range, 1 minute)

Light (Touch/20ft range, 1 hour)

Spells:
Cure wounds (Touch, 1d8+3)

Healing word (60ft range, bonus action, 1d4+3)

Guiding Bolt (120ft range, Advantage on next attack, 4d6 radiant damage)

Shield of Faith (60ft range, bonus action, 10 minutes, +2 target AC)

Equipment:
Prison Rags, Manacles, BlindFold

Attacks:
Unarmed +4
Spell Attack +5

Description:
Size: Medium
Height: 7'2"
Weight: 290lbs
Eyes: Gray/Blue, stormy in color
Hair: Black, tangled hair down to his shoulders
Skin: Gray
Faith: Asmodeus

Backstory: Vadrik was born to a small tribe of Goliath that still worshipped gods that had been labelled as illegal in Talingarde. He was raised normally, only occasionally did any inner cruelty shine through. His tribe raised him to be a priest of Asmodeus, as their current one was getting close to the end of his natural life. He spent several years being trained away from the other members of his tribe, learning about various rituals and rites necessary to venerate Asmodeus. The time Vadrik spent learning only enhanced the brief flashes of cruelty that had shown up throughout his childhood. When participating in sacrificial rites, he would deliberately cause the sacrifices unnecessary pain, drawing out the death of a number of creatures before it was noticed by the head priest.

The head priest didn't chastise Vadrik for his cruelty, he even encouraged it. He went so far as to explain and show the different methods of torturing the sacrifices he had picked up over many years, both physical and mental. By the end of his apprenticeship, Vadrik was a well groomed sadist with intimate knowledge of how to cause pain. It was only when he turned 24 did his luck turn as his tribe was discovered by Talingarde. For several months, there was only simmering hostility until the chieftain of the tribe attacked a passing patrol when they discovered the temple of Asmodeus. Naturally, this resulted in swift punishment. Upon orders from the head priest, and after seeing his tribe ripped to pieces, Vadrik fled, images of his fallen tribemates burned into his memory.

After swearing to gain vengeance, he wandered throughout Talingarde for a year and a half, hunting for his food, and stealing when he couldn't. During his travels, he began to practice his torture on humans, dragging one off when they were alone, or finding a home in the wilderness and breaking in. After a while, Vadrik grew confident in his knowledge of the human body and its limits, and decided it was time to strike at the country that banned the worship of his god. For half a year, he searched for an appropriate church of Mitra, not too big, not too small. In the dead of night, he bound and incapacitated the sleeping priests, dragging them to the altar in the main hall. One by one, he tortured them, granting them as much pain as he could before their inevitable demise. When one would pass, he would string up their corpse in a mocking fashion, displaying their entrails and wounds in a mockery of a congregation. By the time morning came, the main hall was covered in blood and gore, corpses gutted and propped up in a gruesome display, Asmodeus' symbol painted in blood all around the room. Symbols and icons of Mitra were shattered or smeared with various bodily fluids and thrown in a pile of refuse in the main aisle.

It was in the midst of this madness that Vadrik was found by the town guard, coated in gore, religious iconography painted on himself. It was only through the sheer charisma of the guard captain that the guards didn't murder him on the spot, instead arresting him and transporting him to Branderscar Prison to await sentencing for his many crimes.

Last edited:
Sparrowhawk, did you apply the racial modifiers for being a Goliath? By my math, I don't think so. Beyond that, he looks appropriately wicked. You can post for him in the IC thread.

I put them to the side of the wicked array numbers, +2 to strength and +1 to constitution, right? I can just add them together if that makes things easier.

Yes please, just add them in. I missed that notation.

Back
Top Bottom