Both Needed Wolves In Sheep's Clothing (Interest Check/Just an Idea)

Currently reading:
Both Needed Wolves In Sheep's Clothing (Interest Check/Just an Idea)

UBPositive

Chipmunk
Local time
Today 5:35 PM
Pronouns
She/her/they/them
Wolves In Sheep's Clothing

The supernatural? Those are just fairy tales to scare young children into behaving, why else would there be no evidence of them all this time?

In this Roleplay some supernatural creatures exist but they travel between the world we know and pockets in the veil to a realm of magic. Some humans have found these pockets in the past but rarely made it back to "our" world. Now when I say our world that's being generous considering we can be wiped from existence easily if the supernatural so wished. We are lucky that they find us amusing, like a zoo or a little science project to some.

But what would happen if the veil disappeared? Well, that's exactly what happened around 5000 years ago. Where do you think all those stories of gods and goddesses came from? The veil was eventually repaired and humans mostly forgot these ancient beings, believing them to just be stories once more. But it seems someone is wanting to stir trouble once more and destroy the veil once and for all so those of the supernatural kind no longer have to hide and can "take their rightful place at the top".

That being has been hinting at destroying the veil for years and their following has been growing as of late, although their opposition has also been growing. Those who want to stay in the shadows, liking their place in the world and believing that by unveiling their world things will fall out of balance and humans will meet a gruesome end.

So, which side are you on?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This is just a random idea I came up with on the spot but felt it could be fun. I don't have it fully fleshed out but I'm willing to listen to anyone's feedback on the matter or if someone wanted to take over completely I'm good with that as well. My main thought process was about the supernatural world being at war with itself and humans getting pulled into the middle without being able to do anything considering what the hell are they really supposed to do against these beings that aren't even supposed to exist? The title can be changed but I liked the idea of most of the supernatural characters being in hiding hence "wolves in Sheep's Clothing" as well as the one's wanting to destroy the veil hiding their intentions from their own kind.​

Hey @UBPositive,

I find this idea absolutely fascinating and would love to partake. I'll be upfront, this would be my first time roleplaying on this sight, though I have roughly 6 years of experience. I have a few questions. What would the timetable look like? How many writers are you interested in? Are you looking for someone to bounce ideas off of and/or contribute to the overall plot or someone to merely participate with their own character? Regardless of any outcome, hope I get to experience this story.

Welcome, like I stated above it is a random idea that came to me (literally just typed it out and posted it) so I don't have it fleshed out at all. I'd love to get some feedback and to bounce ideas with people since I am not to familiar with hosting a roleplay yet, I was mainly just getting my idea out there to see if there was any interest. Personally I would like at least four or five writers but I'm open to more as long as it isn't a crazy amount (10+). If you have any ideas or opinions I would love to hear them!

Alright, well... maybe we can delve into the concept of who it is that's stirring up this conflict with the veil. It seems to be most evident that it would be a member of the supernatural, especially when stated that they have a following whom are presumably also supernatural. Though, the prospect of the following being human, maybe in an occultic sense to this supernatural being, mayhaps they view as a deity. There's also the matter of how the veil is tampered with to begin with. Do you have any ideas as to how the veil was taken down the first time?

I like the idea of them having an occult following, it brings a new layer to the plot from the human side so they are not just along for the ride. As for whether or not they are viewed as a deity I was trying to leave it open incase someone wanted to play that role, wanting to give them some freedom in their character creation. The veil is more like a magical element that I like to imagine was put in place by a powerful supernatural entity that has since passed or gone into a deep sleep, so I'd believe it would take a strong magical attack of some sort on the veil itself or the entity if they are still alive (I'm leaning towards them trying to kill the entity, believing that will stop the veil from ever returning but I am not sure if I want to implement such a powerful character).

Ooh, like an Odin-sleep kind of deal. I like that. As far as motivations for the supernatural entity, I agree that we likely shouldn't assert much on that role should someone want to write them. The occult does give a human perspective, and should this become a legitimate roleplay, I wouldn't mind writing a human from a perspective at least associated or somewhat involved with that area. Say there is a supernatural entity, like a werewolf, are they hidden to the human perception or visible? Are there some who are trapped in the visible state? I'm currently thinking of what the perspective of the story would be. From what characters point of view would we get to explore this world, and how the plot would then develop around them and through their choices. Sidenote, do you prefer to have every action planned out and then write it, or more having the general idea of the plot and characters then letting things develop as the roleplay ensues?

Sounds good to me, I was also thinking of writing as a human but more from an unknowing standpoint and possibly a supernatural character as well. In terms of how the veil works, at least in my mind, it's like fae circles where if you enter a specific space you enter the other realm although some supernatural creatures might be able to go in and out where they please depending on their abilities. I think it could be an interesting concept to make it so some of the circles lose their power so some of them get trapped on either side. And personally I prefer having a general plot but letting the story flow naturally from there, I like the unpredictability. Like I said I am very much a novice to hosting, I just have ideas but no real thoughts on how to implement them.

I concur wholeheartedly. I especially like the idea of a circle losing its power and trapping a supernatural in the human side. What I'm gathering is that the two realms coexist in the same space, but are different dimensions so to speak. That or the circles work as portals to an entirely separate space? I also am a big fan of unpredictability.

Also my idea of writing as a human could be subdued, given it was more so a recent character idea for a different story (that fell through), and I felt I could adapt it to this story. But the idea of a supernatural being trapped has peeked my interest too... I don't want to step on any other writers toes though.

I imagined them like portals but we could have areas where they share space like in the instance of ghosts. If I'm being honest music plays a big role in my thought process as well so I'm typically listening to something while writing which might make my ideas a bit jumbled.

Oh you wouldn't be stepping on any toes, I would like all kinds of characters, human and supernatural. Like I said, I am playing with the idea of playing two characters.

Oh, don't worry about it. Music inspires me tons! And jumbled ideas make for a more fun time connecting the dots. Ghosts are oddly enough a supernatural entity I didn't think about, and are totally the most "seen" in terms of human perception. At least that's my headspace.

I imagine this idea would remain an idea until there's more interest shown? I'm honestly down to roll with whatever path this story takes as long as I know when the starting gun is being fired.

That's what I was thinking too, some of the supernatural creatures would be more common in the midveil (way too proud of this name idea) or human realm than others and ghosts were definitely one of the more common ones. And at the moment it will probably stay as an idea since I don't want other's to be cut off from joining or adding their input although I'd love to start as soon as possible haha just getting over excited.

You should be as proud as possible! Naming is always a scary hassle when coming up with new concepts, and you hit the nail right on the head with the midveil. I love it. I'm also eager to start, but c'est la vie. Future other writers, hop on board!

Thank you all for the interest, I am sorry it took me so long to respond. I am still thinking of how I want to move forward with this so if anyone would like to share any ideas that would be appreciated!

The Different Groups

Humans
Humans fall into three different subgroups, the first being the majority of humanity that don't believe in the supernatural. This is the most common but they can go into the next two subgroups depending on their experiences in life. This group is also the most likely to lash out at supernaturals in fear.
The second group are those who believe in the supernatural and want what's best for both supernaturals and humans alike. This group doesn't always need proof of existence but most of the time they have had some sort of contact with a supernatural being in the past or just grew up loving stories about them.
The final group can be considered extremists amongst humans, believing in the supernatural without a shadow of a doubt and wanting nothing more than for them to live amongst humans. People in this group tend to lean towards cultist tendencies, worshiping supernatural beings like they are gods. This group is the most likely to side with supernaturals intent on gaining power, ruling over humans.

Supernaturals
These beings range in race but all fall under the group of supernatural beings. They also fall into three groups similarly to humanity. The first group are ones who go about their lives, knowing that humanity exists but choosing to live in their realm for the most part. These beings don't really care about humanity or the human realm more than just another food source in some cases and a different place for them to go.
The second group are ones who know of humanity and find humans to be an important part of their day to day life. These tend to be creatures who depend on humans in some way, were once humans themselves, or just find humans interesting. They will try their best to keep themselves hidden but occasionally interact with humans either for their own reasons or to save them from other supernaturals, viewing humans almost as pets.
Then there is the last group, oh the last group. These are the ones who view humanity like livestock or even lower. They believe they are above them in every way, not caring if they are seen by them since they can kill them easily. Some in this group just have lost their sanity but others know exactly what they are doing. It's ones from this group whispering about the fall of the veil, wanting to step out of the shadows once and for all.

So this is a bit of what I've got so far, if anyone has any ideas to add or just letting me know if something isn't making sense just let me know. I am completely open to discussion!​

Back
Top Bottom