Both Needed Wolves In Sheep's Clothing (Interest Check/Just an Idea)

Currently reading:
Both Needed Wolves In Sheep's Clothing (Interest Check/Just an Idea)

I have an idea for the vampire race. I will write up and post it later. As of now there 4 types possibly subclasses within some of the types that I won't be going in to but I will specify what types can have subclasses if people want.

I will also include pictures and gifs if I can find any I like.

Vampires

Orginals:

545d9e0cdf52167f288176df2508c2c778808742_hq.jpg

These are the original vampires. They are incapable of appealing as human. They must drink blood to survive. Any blood will work. Animal blood is the worst tasting. Human blood is the sweetest like cake. The various supernatural species all taste good but can range from being like vegetables to steak. They are capable of having children. An original vampire and a human will produce a half blooded vampire. A child produced with any supernatural being will produce an original vampire, unless the supernatural being is half blooded. Can not turn other creatures into a vampire of any type.

Half Bloods:
tumblr_inline_o716g0GvYV1qbjat1_250.gif

A male original vampire and human female engaging in sexual congress will always result in pregnancy no matter what. A female original vampire and a human male will result in a pregnancy about 50% of the time. Half bloods have all the powers and weaknesses of an original vampire they are just not as strong. Has the possibility of turning humans into half bloods through a process called siring but informally referred to as turning. Capable of getting other half bloods and humans pregnant any children produced will always be half blooded. Pregnancy happens about the same rate as pregnancies between two humans. They can appear human.

Sired Vampires:
Identical in every way to half bloods but born human. The body they have at the moment they turn is the body they will have for the rest of their life. If they are fat they will always be fat. Anything but a perfect specimen that is turned will be shunned from vampiric society.

Dhampir:
A pregnant human who is bit and turned into a vampire will produce a dhampir. All the strengths of a half blood none of the weaknesses. They still must consume blood but animal blood will not sustain at all. Consumption of animal blood results in a violent almost allergic reaction, such as diarrhea, vomiting, blood tears, even death. They protect their half blooded masters while they sleep during the day. They always appear human looking.

Slayers:
How Slayers came about no one knows. All anyone knows is that they have the strength of a vampire and they have the most desirable blood of all known supernatural beings. A vampire who drinks this blood will become obsessed with finding more Slayers to drink. Slayers can only be produced by two humans. Especially if they are descended from Abraham Van Helsing the most legendary vampire hunter to exist. They are compelled to defend humanity from the supernatural especially vampires. They can feel it in their blood when near a vampire. They always appear human looking.

Notes: With the exception of Slayers and Dhampirs all vampire types are just called vampires. Referring to any of them as half blooded is an insult.

History:
Around a a millennia ago a disease spread among the original vampires that killed all but ten percent of them. Those that survived were sterilized and severely weakened. They were actually weaker than half blooded vampires. The vampiric community up till that point was lead by original vampires only. A young and highly ambitious half blooded vampire known as Dracula saw an opportunity to take power. He gathered other half bloods and led a violent coup and overthrew their full blooded masters wiping them all out. Dracula the strongest of all the half blooded vampires leads the vampires to this day.

The vampiric community is split on whether Dracula did the right thing or not. About half believe that it was only a matter of time that the original vampires would have died out anyway due to their weakened state. If they are right many half bloods, sired, and dhampirs died for nothing.

That sounds great! Honestly thought of Vampire Hunter D as soon as I read Dhampir, they are not often talked about.
"12,090 A.D. It is a dark time for the world. Humanity is just crawling out from under three hundred years of domination by the race of vampires known as the Nobility. The war against the vampires has taken its toll; cities lie in ruin, the countryside is fragmented into small villages and fiefdoms that still struggle against nightly raids by the fallen vampires - and the remnants of their genetically manufactured demons and werewolves. Every village wants a Hunter - one of the warriors who have pledged their laser guns and their swords to the eradication of the Nobility. But some Hunters are better than others, and some bring their own kind of danger with them. From creator Hideyuki Kikuchi, one of Japan's leading horror authors with illustrations by renowned Japanese artist, Yoshitaka Amano, best known for his illustrations in Neil Gaiman's Sandman: The Dream Hunters and the Final Fantasy games." vampirehunterd-1200x900.jpg 3007795.jpg Vampire-hunter-d-poster.jpg

Never seen Vampire Hunter D. Heard the name before, but that is it. I thought it was a medieval setting, don't know why.

A pregnant human who is bit and turned into a vampire will produce a dhampir.
Got that from Spider-Man The Animated Series. Based on my memory of the Blade episodes.

All the strengths of a half blood none of the weaknesses. They still must consume blood
They always appear human looking.
Pretty standard Dhampir stuff.

animal blood will not sustain at all. Consumption of animal blood results in a violent almost allergic reaction, such as diarrhea, vomiting, blood tears, even death.
I made that up as I typed it up whether or not that comes from something else I am consciously unaware of it.

They protect their half blooded masters while they sleep during the day.
Vampire Academy movie. Do NOT like the tv series.

Unless otherwise mentioned below it comes from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer tv franchise.

Especially if they are descended from Abraham Van Helsing the most legendary vampire hunter to exist.

They can feel it in their blood when near a vampire.
Based on Spider-Man's Spidey Sense. The reason for this inclusion: Because I could and I saw a picture of Spider-Man right before I started writing the stuff up.

If I am limited to one character I am thinking Dhampir. If I can have two I am thinking Dhampir and Slayer. If I can have three I am thinking Dhampir, Slayer, and Half blood/Sired. Assuming I can think of a decent character for each.

Oh okay, that makes sense since it's not a very well known series. And I can see the inspiration and it makes sense for a vampiric character set. I believe it would be best to stick to two characters each but I can see more being necessary for such a grand scale setting, I might have bit off more than I could chew haha

Seems interesting 👀 i sort of finished the first busy part of my semester so i might have time for this if you're looking for people ~

Oh okay, that makes sense since it's not a very well known series. And I can see the inspiration and it makes sense for a vampiric character set. I believe it would be best to stick to two characters each but I can see more being necessary for such a grand scale setting, I might have bit off more than I could chew haha
You could always pick 1+ people to be co-gms.

I love planning, worldbuilding, and running stories, but my posting schedule isn't necessarily frequent enough that I could really commit to being a full-time co-gm without possibly slowing things down by doing so.

I had a possibly impractical but interesting idea of running modules, where a subset of the participants would run intermittent or one-off sub-stories in a genre bubble, like a vampire vignette, the court of the Feywild, as mini-stories or mini-adventures that exist within the world. It would be a bit demanding on everyone involved if we did that, as we would have to both double-up on co-gm and character roles, and have multiple characters in order to act in multiple modules. But it felt appealing enough even if it would be a bit infeasible, that I felt that I should at least suggest it even if it went nowhere.

I love planning, worldbuilding, and running stories, but my posting schedule isn't necessarily frequent enough that I could really commit to being a full-time co-gm without possibly slowing things down by doing so.

I had a possibly impractical but interesting idea of running modules, where a subset of the participants would run intermittent or one-off sub-stories in a genre bubble, like a vampire vignette, the court of the Feywild, as mini-stories or mini-adventures that exist within the world. It would be a bit demanding on everyone involved if we did that, as we would have to both double-up on co-gm and character roles, and have multiple characters in order to act in multiple modules. But it felt appealing enough even if it would be a bit infeasible, that I felt that I should at least suggest it even if it went nowhere.
I understand that completely. As for the modules I think it's a cool idea but very ambitious, my concern would be confusion between the different subsections since the story deals with many different types of supernatural beings and everyone writes at different paces so trying to keep everyone within the same rough timeframe while being in different subsections would be rather difficult and might actually hinder the main plot as a whole. If this didn't have a plot and was just a world setting I think it would be much more feasible since there wouldn't be as much tying the subsections together.

I hope that makes sense, I really do think it's a cool idea just not sure how we would be able to make it work.

I'm thinking about playing a witch-y human character who can sort of make connections in the veil with practices (including rituals, liturgical languages, etc) that have been secretly passed on for at least 5000 years by only a certain number of people. I'm sort of making myself excuses to incorporate a conlang to my character lmao

This sounds quite interesting. Definitely like the idea of vampires in this. Do we know how many supernatural communities are going to exist in this story yet? Is there a limit at all? I assume we want a few different species but not crazily overwhelming lmao. If my writers block subsides I may participate. I'll keep watch. :))

I'm not exactly sure yet, I wanted to keep it fairly open so there was variety but it's true that it may get overwhelming if that's the case. I'll probably have to keep an eye on the different races just so it doesn't get out of hand, so I can make a list of the different races that are so far excepted.

Humans (Typically in the Human realm)
  • Regular Human
  • Witches: Usually raised in the human realm, they come from families of witches who have been passing down spells to the younger generations, trying to keep their history alive. Some witches come from regular families but they are rare and usually don't ever realize what they are capable of. Choosing to only meet with other witches rarely due to safety in the human realm, witches are normally solitary but you can find some smaller groups who stick together.
  • Slayers: How Slayers came about no one knows. All anyone knows is that they have the strength of a vampire and they have the most desirable blood of all known supernatural beings. A vampire who drinks this blood will become obsessed with finding more Slayers to drink. Slayers can only be produced by two humans; especially if they are descended from Abraham Van Helsing, the most legendary vampire hunter to exist. They are compelled to defend humanity from the supernatural, especially vampires. They can feel it in their blood when near a vampire.

Vampires (Bounce between Human and Supernatural realms)
  • Originals: They are incapable of appearing as human and must drink blood to survive. Any blood will work but animal blood is the worst tasting. Human blood is the sweetest like a dessert. The various supernatural species all taste good but can range from being like vegetables to steak. They are capable of having children. An original vampire and a human will produce a half blooded vampire. A child produced with any supernatural being will produce an original vampire, unless the supernatural being is half blooded. Can not turn other creatures into a vampire of any type.
  • Half Bloods: A male original vampire and human female engaging in sexual congress will always result in pregnancy no matter what. A female original vampire and a human male will result in a pregnancy about 50% of the time. Half bloods have all the powers and weaknesses of an original vampire; they are just not as strong. Half bloods have the possibility of turning humans into half bloods through a process called siring but informally referred to as turning. Capable of getting other half bloods and humans pregnant any children produced will always be half blooded. Pregnancy happens at about the same rate as pregnancies between two humans. They can appear human.
  • Sired Vampires: Identical in every way to half bloods but born human. The body they have at the moment they turn is the body they will have for the rest of their life no matter the condition. Anything but a perfect specimen that is turned will be shunned from vampiric society.
  • Dhampir: A pregnant human who is bitten and turned into a vampire will produce a dhampir. All the strengths of a half blood, none of the weaknesses. They still must consume blood but animal blood will not sustain them at all. Consumption of animal blood results in a violent almost allergic reaction, such as diarrhea, vomiting, blood tears, or even death. They protect their half blooded masters while they sleep during the day. They always appear human looking.
    • Notes: With the exception of Slayers and Dhampirs all vampire types are just called vampires. Referring to any of them as half blooded is an insult.
    • History: Around a millennia ago a disease spread among the original vampires that killed all but ten percent of them. Those that survived were sterilized and severely weakened. They were actually weaker than half blooded vampires. The vampiric community up till that point was led by original vampires only. A young and highly ambitious half blooded vampire known as Dracula saw an opportunity to take power. He gathered other half bloods and led a violent coup and overthrew their full blooded masters wiping them all out. Dracula, the strongest of all the half blooded vampires, leads the vampires to this day.
The vampiric community is split on whether Dracula did the right thing or not. About half believe that it was only a matter of time that the original vampires would have died out anyway due to their weakened state. If they are right many half bloods, sired, and dhampirs died for nothing.

Lycanthropes (Bounce between Human and Supernatural realms)
  • Werewolves: When passing the curse on genetically, they breed like any other creature. Therefore, any werewolf--be they true or afflicted--will have a true werewolf as offspring. Werewolves can breed with humans and other werewolves, though they cannot breed with other types of lycanthropes. A werewolf is not particularly fertile; they have a fraction of the "normal" chance of producing an offspring. This chance is even lower if the werewolf is mating with a human.
  • Afflicted werewolves: An Afflicted Werewolf is the result of a werewolf biting a human. In such a case, the human will suffer the effects of their changing body over the next month. Aches, cramping, intense migraines, nausea and hostile mood-swings are common for the Afflicted Werewolf during this time. The reaction is particularly violent for Afflicted Werewolves and most are bed-ridden during this period of transition. Many also experience dramatic sensations of paranoia and irritability stemming from their growing senses; very sensitive hearing and eyesight can often wear on the nerves of the transitioning werewolf. On the night of the full moon, the Afflicted will experience aches and sensations similar to growing pains in their limbs. A warm feeling is often reported at the base of the skull, where it meets the spine. As the sun sets and the full moon begins to rise, the Afflicted will experience crippling agony and nausea as their spines begin to contort and their bodies prepare for the initial transformation.

Ghosts (Typically in the Midveil)
  • Interactive: The interactive ghosts are the most common and usually appear in a form similar to when they were alive. These ghosts can walk, talk, and occasionally acknowledge the living. These beings have full control over their senses.
  • Funnel: Funnel Ghosts are typically spotted in old buildings or historic places. Many times Funnel Ghosts show up in photographs and will leave a person feeling unsettled after seeing the unknown phantom captured in the photograph. Their senses are more foggy but they are typically calm beings.
  • Wisps: Like Funnel Ghosts, these phantoms tend to leave the spot or area they are haunting feeling cold when they appear. They can haunt old houses, be seen outside in the evening or at night, or just about anywhere. These beings have lost all of their original senses and act on pure emotion.
  • Poltergeist: The most famous type of ghost, as well as the rarest, the Poltergeist is always the most worrying. Translated from German as "noisy ghost," this ghoul is known for malevolent, or sometimes even dangerous behavior. These beings were born from horrific deaths and feelings of hatred, generally wanting to inflict the pain they feel on others.

More races can be added as we continue

Also if there are any things you want to change or add to a specific race just let me know and I can work with you on making a well rounded race.

So is the lore that the veil closed 5000 years ago but reopened in the present, or did it reopen a long time ago and people just didn't realize?

So is the lore that the veil closed 5000 years ago but reopened in the present, or did it reopen a long time ago and people just didn't realize?
It was destroyed over 5000 years ago, leading to all the stories of gods and monsters that were so prevalent back then. Then something happened to restore the veil, separating the two realms once more except for the circles where creatures and beings can travel between the two. I was thinking something like fae circles but that could be further thought on if anyone has better ideas.

It was destroyed over 5000 years ago, leading to all the stories of gods and monsters that were so prevalent back then. Then something happened to restore the veil, separating the two realms once more except for the circles where creatures and beings can travel between the two. I was thinking something like fae circles but that could be further thought on if anyone has better ideas.
Oooh I like the fairy circle idea. I guess along with fae circles, witches or other supernatural creatures could use any naturally occurring circular shape or maybe something artificial like a moon gate with a spell.

Back
Top Bottom