Group RP A New World Order (OOC) (OPEN FOR 1-2 MORE)

Currently reading:
Group RP A New World Order (OOC) (OPEN FOR 1-2 MORE)

Yeah, we can wait. Just wanted to make sure I knew where we all stood. =)

On that note, crepes are great, but I screw up pancakes so I'll stick to ordering them in diners haha.

Okay, finally finished these. :c I started doing overtime this week (anticipating for the next 5 weeks), so I've been a bit out of it. I actually ended up making Shane 27 as I was writing his background out. I almost went a little extreme with Ereka... I was in a dark mood over the weekend and reigned that back, though, haha.

Also, I'm thinking I might give Chay a nudge and see if they're still on board. My last message over there was from my phone, and I'm sort of wondering if it even sent and I can't tell.

Name: Ereka Rosbrook

Alliance:
Neutral

Appearance:
White hair that falls past her shoulders and striking blue-gray eyes against an unusually pale complexion. She is approximately 5'7 with a slender frame, though fairly strong, after the couple years she and her brother have been on their own, not always knowing when they would get another opportunity for a meal and always being on the move. Ereka has two small, silver piercings in one ear and three on the other.

Skills:
Beyond her gifts, she doesn't have many skills to speak of, except those she has developed for survival, whether that's knowing where and what is worth scavenging, moving silently to avoid unwanted attention, or making a quick escape when needed.

Abilities:
Energy manipulation. Ereka can convert her own energy into a pure, white-hot heat, and she hasn't encountered much that can withstand it; applied long enough, even metals eventually succumb to the heat. This typically takes the form of a focused energy in her hands, being less costly. At a higher cost, because it requires energy leaving her own body, she has also been known to create orbs or beams of bright, white energy. She can also draw on energy from other, living sources through touch, anything from plant-life (nominal energy) to people (the best source of energy). While she can store greater amounts than the average person, low energy makes her weak and the resulting incoherence makes her practically useless, like someone that hasn't slept in days. It could take days to properly recover if she is unable or unwilling to draw from other sources. Over-doing it can result in unconsciousness, and she suspects even death. Thus, Ereka has to be careful in striking the right balance. In addition, Ereka has displayed a passive healing acceleration. With a minor wound, normally taking a person a week to recover, it's healed in a matter of two or three days. But this part of her gift is also impacted based on the level of her energy reserves.

History:
When Ereka was born, she was assumed to be albino with her stark white hair and skin paler than her parents' – that's what they hoped for and expressed to others. In the back of their minds, they probably always knew it was the first sign of mutations. In a small town near Portland, Maine, Ereka's abilities came to her in middle school; two kids were picking on her, her quick temper flaring as it often did, but it was the first time her emotions would trigger her abilities. When she grabbed one of the children, Ereka seared a hand-print into the boy's forearm, a prominent scar that he would carry with him for the rest of his life.

Deemed too dangerous to stay in school, Ereka was expelled, and the local news and newspapers made sure she was notorious enough that she wouldn't be accepted into another. Lacking options, her parents homeschooled her for a time, until a controversial, private school was eventually opened near Portland dedicated to her kind. It was chaotic with the various gifted gathered together in one place, mostly run by normals, and it wasn't exactly the best of educations. But, it was something.

Ereka dropped out at 17, as had many students by then, finding comfort at home with the increasing unrest, but becoming reclusive and embittered. For a long time, she found it nearly impossible to find work, except for odd jobs here and there. By the time she was 19, she managed to find a steady night stocking job, which suited her fine with little public interaction.

But Ereka wasn't satisfied with the mundane life she led, and things were only getting worse. Gifted were popping up across the globe and committing different atrocities, whether it was because they enjoyed it or because they were lashing out, feeling as though they had no choice. For the ones not causing trouble, she closely watched their unsuccessful attempts to negotiate.

When Eclipse formed and they gained significant media coverage, Ereka had seen them as a spark of hope. Having a lack of money and no means to travel, she made it a goal to join their efforts one day when the opportunity presented itself. Her brother, Shane, discouraged her from them despite her treatment under the current government and mentality of the general public, perceiving them as dangerous fanatics.

Of course, Ereka found that Shane was right. Her opportunity came after Eclipse had gone to their more extreme measures; Portland, Maine was among the earlier cities that fell into their control in the Fall of 2045. They quickly spread out from there, taking over any surrounding towns, forcing people from their homes and killing anyone that resisted. As Ereka had a front row seat of what a detriment they were – destroying, injuring, pillaging, killing – her opinion made a quick reverse, and again she found herself with limited options.

Separated and unable to find their parents, Ereka, Shane, and Shane's fiance, Roslyn, were together when they were rounded up by Eclipse. Shane and Ereka were shipped to a camp, while Roslyn was torn from Shane, a valuable nurse that they could put use.

Ereka and Shane lived under Eclipse for two years in Portland; Ereka assigned to assisting in the medical field, which she wasn't particularly good at (bedside manner aside), and Shane as a mechanic. They hadn't seen their parents, nor Joslyn, after they were taken away and had no word on whether they were alive or dead. In that span, Ereka had been offered and reoffered to join their ranks in Eclipse, and each time, she declined. When they grew tired of asking, their offers turned to using Shane as leverage, threatening to send her brother to the opposite coastline in California.

At their threat, Ereka initially accepted. But it was the last straw. Shane had already devised an escape route for them, in mind for months at that point.

They've been on the road as drifters ever since, learning to survive the elements, avoiding unnecessary trouble with Eclipse, and scavenging and trading whenever they're able, making their way from Portland, Maine to land in Richmond, Virginia for what they thought would be a simple supply run.

Name: Shane Rosbrook

Alliance:
Neutral

Appearance:
Medium brown hair that is a little on the longer side now, just long enough that it's starting to get into his dark brown eyes. He stands at an average height of 5'11 with a decently strong build, like that of a mechanic, though he isn't terribly broad. He doesn't have an imposing look about him, usually friendly and unassuming when he's in good company, but one would find this initial impression to be quite misleading as he's got a mind like a steel trap and a strong will.

Skills:
While Shane may not possess special abilities as his sister does, he benefits from a quick wit; in communicating, thinking quickly under pressure, and being adaptive. From his days as a mechanic, most things are within his scope to fix with the right tools or parts. Like Ereka, out of necessity, he's stealthy, and can tell when a place is worth perusing for supplies or for trade.

Abilities:
None (Human).

History:
Unlike his sister, Shane possessed no abilities growing up and led a far more normal life until Eclipse. He was always a bright student, graduating near the top of his class, and he probably could have taken on any career path he set his mind on. Yet, he found himself drawn to being a mechanic. Instead of a standard college, Shane went to a trade school for auto-mechanics, then took a job in Portland, choosing to stay near his family and close enough that he could continue to keep a watchful eye on Ereka. But he didn't stop there, deciding to begin pursuing certifications in marine and aircraft mechanics as well.

At 22, working at the auto shop, this was where he met Roslyn, a nurse who brought in her vehicle for its routine check-up. Quite smitten with each other, they moved in together a few months later, and at about a year and a half, they were engaged.

He and Roslyn were visiting his parents and Ereka for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday when Eclipse invaded their area. Separated from their parents, he, Ereka, and Roslyn were rounded up by Eclipse, and taken to a temporary camp while they were being sorted. Roslyn couldn't help herself, demonstrating proficient skills as a nurse with taking care of any wounded, and it didn't escape the notice of Eclipse. Roslyn was an easy one to sort with her skills, and they sent her along where she was needed – a transfer to another, unspecified state and city.

On the day that she was set for transfer, Shane was understandably angry, and Roslyn understandably afraid at the prospect of being sent to a place foreign to her, alone. But Roslyn told him not to worry, not to do anything impulsive and brash. In a moment that wasn't very common for Shane, his anger had gotten the better of him and he found himself unwilling to stand by while his fiance was taken, even if the effort would be futile. He hooked a few of them in the jaw and nose, momentarily disabling a couple, before they were able to detain him, beaten until he lost consciousness. By the time he awoke the following day, Roslyn was gone.

Over the next two years, he and Ereka stuck together, without a word on their parents or Roslyn. Naturally, he was assigned as a mechanic, and, somewhat humorously, Ereka as an assistant to the medics in Portland. When Eclipse kept insistently offering Ereka a position with Eclipse, Shane knew he had to devise an escape route for them – he couldn't lose her, too. He didn't know what they would do or where they would go after, but it had to be better than the cards they had been dealt in Portland, and he had never let go of finding their parents and Roslyn. They definitely wouldn't find them by staying.

Shane studied the soldiers' movements for a few months, keeping track of which ones would be making their rounds, day, time, specific habits. Ereka could take care of the fencing that enclosed their district with her ability, then it was only a matter of avoiding the guards outside its walls.

They've been on the road as drifters ever since, learning to survive the elements, avoiding unnecessary trouble with Eclipse, and scavenging and trading whenever they're able, making their way from Portland, Maine to land in Richmond, Virginia.

Name: Sylvester (Syl) Nordhagen

Alliance:
Eclipse

Appearance:
Syl has short, dark auburn hair and dual colored eyes; one brown, one crimson. The crimson eye has a thin slit for his pupil, most comparable to a reptile. At 6'2, he's on the taller side and maintains a lean, muscular build, by way of being an Eclipse agent and often keeping up his strength in his spare time. Syl has an unfinished sleeve tattoo of a nordic weave design along his right arm, with a serpent or dragon head near his collarbone, growing faint and the outline unfilled around his forearm.

Skills:
Syl prefers the use of his own skills rather than leaning on his ability to solve matters, which may be a bit uncommon in Eclipse circles. Syl is proficient at hand-to-hand combat, self-defense, and comfortable and accurate with most firearms. While he doesn't like being the one calling the shots, Syl can be a decent leader when he sets his mind to it, and being responsible for others has a tendency to make him take it more seriously with the additional pressure.

Abilities:
Syl is a shapeshifter, but he's strictly able to take the form of a large, reptillian beast. It's almost humanoid in appearance, with black scales, a grey and white-flecked underside, and crimson eyes, claws, and razor sharp teeth. Syl uses this only as a last resort. In truth, he's apprehensive toward this reptillian form. He's in control when he relies on his skills, but in his reptillian form, the predatory instincts are almost overwhelming and he doesn't necessarily trust himself to resist turning on his own comrades.

History:
Sylvester was in his own home, lying on the floor, so disoriented that he coudn't recognize where he was or what was happening. Sick to his stomach and sweating sheets. Everything was blurry, the room spinning around him. The skin along his arms seemed to be rippling and moving and he could see it turning a dark color. Or was that just the nausea and dizziness playing tricks on his mind?

When Syl came to, in his own vomit, he managed to get onto all fours with a slow effort. There, he saw claws digging into the laminate flooring. Syl awkwardly got to his feet, heavy-footed as he stumbled to the nearest mirror he could find.

What he saw terrified him: a red-eyed, reptillian beast staring back. He felt his hands, arms, face. Undoubtedly him, yet... not.

Syl thought he would be stuck in the beastly form forever, going between pacing about the apartment and sitting restlessly. At one point, he destroyed items the apartment contained out of his frustration. Then he tried to come to terms with accepting it.

As he calmed his mind, it came as a surprise that he was able to will himself out of the beastly form once he composed himself and set his mind to it. But it left behind its mark; a single, crimson eye, serving as a reminder of what hid inside.

At the age of 21, a late gifted "bloomer," Syl's plans to join the military fell to pieces in one night. With such turmoil between the government and the gifted, and his one eye now being an easy identifier, they would never accept him into their ranks.

"Let go" from his current position, Syl had a hard time finding work from then, on. After nearly losing his apartment, Syl met a couple other gifted at a bar just in time, who just so happened to own a tattoo shop. He had some artistic abilities at that point, but never thought about going into work in the field. They offered to take him on as an apprentice, and he gladly accepted, feeling that he had found a place where he could belong – the money didn't hurt, either.

At 26, news spread of Eclipse coming to Virginia. Having watched their activities for a long time, Syl left the shop to seek them out. He had heard they were heading for Richmond at the time, and there, he joined them in taking over the city, where he's resided ever since.

Last edited:
aw man, wishing you strength to survive overtime. i think your sheets were worth the wait, though - i like them quite a bit. put mine to shame with the history section too lol

i think it'd be a good idea to touch base with chay, yeah; been mildly concerned about their move since i'm a bit of a worrywart
on that note, should i put my reply up today? i mean, i know i leaned towards waiting, but it's been about a week since you replied so i'm not sure how long i should hold this for

As someone who just got a ton of work dumped on him, I can relate with feeling busy. It sucks. Haha. Also means I might be a little slow to reply to things depending on how drained I feel after the day is over, but will try to keep y'all updated when I can.

Thank you! I didn't mean to make them so long winded at first... Just ended up happening that way. >_>

If Morgan's fine with continuing too, then I think you could go on and post. I sent a message to Chay this morning, so I'll keep you all posted. With everything going on, Chay might just be delayed, which is understandable.

Good to know I'm not alone, lol. I can't complain about the extra $$. Not so excited about less time to do what I want, but I did put my foot down on weekends.

I should be able to still guarantee and make time for at least a couple posts every week though.

Last edited:
I'm on board to start. I'll be able to reply this weekend if it comes to that. Or at least write a reply if Chay happens to come by and we decide to wait for her to get situated.

Still nothing back from Chay so far. I think we're good to get started whenever you're ready to post, Wolf. ^^

yikes sorry for the delay, totally unintentional—had/have email notifs turned on but i guess they stopped working :/
posted just now though, hope my bland formatting is ok lol

Posted. It's a bit short on Tracy's part, but looks like we're in the swing of things now. Plus I'm subscribed to the thread now so I don't have to keep checking here lol.

@Wolf - 'Tis all good. Your formatting is completely fine.

Posted! Hope it was all right - I did a little bit of a powerplay with Ereka in particular but didn't see much of a way around it to keep things moving. If it was too much, let me know and I can rewrite.

I'm thinking, mainly since we don't know if Chay will be joining us, it would make sense that Jonathan/Ereka are captured around this point? I can find a way to work Shane back in.

Are you all okay with opening this to another 1-2 other people?

Last edited:
No, that looked fine to me. Ereka's going to be in for a bit of a painful surprise though, haha. Also yeah, they could probably pretty easily find themselves captured here.

I'm fine with opening this to a couple more.

email notifs continue to be hit or miss, evidently.
little bit down (might have caught bronchitis) but will get something up hopefully tonight, or at the very least soon.

in the meantime i'm glad my formatting was ok; reed would have been red, but renata's color/s is/are a bit on the unreadable side so i went with a workaround
also i haven't been very clear when it comes to writing lately so this is on me, but reed wasn't trying to do anything with ereka, it was more of a mouthy comment. sorry about that! (might be a good idea to bound his powers like that though...still working out his limits since i usually write him older and subsequently mellower)

anyways, opening this up is fine!

edit: posted. had to think about what to do but that...should work lol

Last edited:
Hope you get well soon! Bummer about the notifs. That's annoying. :c

Oops, I definitely misunderstood that. I kind of made that assumption there too, but it might be a good idea so there's a little limit.

Also fyi, I'll be out of town this Sunday through next Friday. Off to find warmer (and drier) weather in Utah for a few days. But I am planning on bringing my computer along and I'll have internet this trip.

hey, thanks! almost was going to travel this weekend too but wound up passing since i'm still a little off, oops. think the notifs are just an issue due to my email provider, but i'll keep testing

also yeah, definitely a good way to bound reed here; probably also feeds into why he likes cqc so much

anyways, hope you enjoy your trip to utah, and that you get the weather you were expecting!
(yet another place i've never seen, lol)

Oddly it didn't notify me that you had replied either, Wolf.

Anyway, I'll try to get a reply out tomorrow. I'm working from home and should hopefully have some time. This weekend's been busy with Mother's day and getting ready for that.

DONE. Okay, I'm sorry that took so long. This week has been hell but it's the weekend, a long weekend at that, and I get to relax and get caught up on writing.

Theeere we go. A bit rubbish, but I told myself I would definitely post tonight, even if it is way past my bedtime now. xP Now I can rest easy.

no idea if they're sorted out on your end, morgan, but it seems like my notifications are fixed
fingers crossed it's for good this time lol

post looks fine to me, though; i hope you rested well!
waging war yet again against writer's block (or, well, creator's block since it's a more general thing), but posted to keep us moving since i'm excited for what i presume is shane's arrival

From what I can tell, you have to actually view the thread that you got a notification for on the site before it will send another for that thread. I got emails for Maz's replies, but not yours, lol. Anyway, I'll reply later today when I have a chance.

On a side note, maybe if we're looking for others it might not be a bad idea to put up a thread in the section for looking for roleplayers? It might get more traffic there.

@Wolf Perhaps! 0: - )

That stinks about the writers block, though! Wish none of us would fall victim to it.

@weemanv1 I was reading on a thread that someone else was having issues with e-mail too, something about Yahoo not liking it? Throwing that out there in case that could be a potential issue.

I thought I would just post it up here for any viewers for now (which we seem to get quite a few). Kind of casually look for a little while, unless you two would like me to more avidly look for at least one other person?

Working on a post right now and should get it up by tomorrow. Also, wanted to get Morgan's permission on something I PM'd before I do, too!

Back
Top Bottom