Group RP Colony of Time OOC (Open and Accepting)

Currently reading:
Group RP Colony of Time OOC (Open and Accepting)

dondola gonna find some folks to talk to. We'll see how it goes in the next round.

Do I need to give folks more engaging things to interact with? Swords flying at faces. Exploding ovens. Sudden cases of death? Or we cool with bits of info and npc's dropping while performing various tasks trying to piece out the situation? More for next adventure than this one, as this one will be picking up next round.

I noticed some folks missed the 48 hour posting window without word. If you need help catching up, let me know. Also if you know you will be away for a while, let me know. If you need anymore clarification in my posts, let me know. Just let me know things.

RP'er Name: Praetorian (Or Phalanx by some of you)
Posting Time Frame: EDT 6AM-11PM, 8AM-2PM on some days.
Post Frequency: Multiple times a day.

The Body

Character's Name: Tarlowe Urktu (Tar-low-irk-tu)

Aliases/Titles/Nicknames: Crownbearer, Hunter Of The Hidden.

Height: 5'8 (6'3 when levitating)
Weight: 58kg
Build: Slim, Sturdy
Race: Human
Sex: Male
Personality: Quiet and introverted though he will not be afraid to call out people on their mistakes and help rectify them. Stoic in nature and reticent on his past, which creates suspicion around him.
Type: Mental

The History

Connection: When he was not apart of tbe guild, Tarlowe would often amuse himself by going to acts played by the local magicians. During his little breaks, he met Christopher, a quirky magician who often held small magic shows at the parlor. The two would go on to be friends, who would often talk about their jobs and what they came upon during their travels. Their relationship ended abruptly, as soon as Tarlowe assigned himself to the Hunters of The Hidden. He stopped visiting Christopher.

Link to Colony: Years after Tarlowe's incident. He was cast out of his guild and was threatened with death if he so returned. While the group both wanted the same goal, his transformation made them uneasy and his methods were labeled as horrific and gruesomely arcane. For months, he had sought a new place to call home, a group of people who will not judge him for a mere byproduct of survival, and so he found The Colony. One fateful day he had taken refuge inside a small cavern, Tarlowe had ventured deep into the cavern until he came about a disturbing sight, an unsightly mess of gore littered with symbols that made no sense of him. He checked the bodies, all of them were maimed to the point where he could not recognize which one was human or not. During his frisk, he caught glimpse of something, a small crest decorated with chartreuse and black jewels with an odd emblem upon it. He had not known what it was but the whispers inside his "crown" had murmured it's origin. They told of a place where many people of many races existed as one powerful colony. They said it was perfect for him, they would not judge, nor shun him of his past but greet him with open arms.

Tarlowe knew the nature of the whispers. They were meant to sway him from his path, to corrupt him. Despite his knowledge, Tarlowe listened.

Tarlowe had introduced himself to the Queen as courteously as possible, he was desperate. The Queen allowed him asylum in the colony much to his surprise. Tarlowe now finds himself as one of the many sorcerers in the Colony. Albeit his rank and file role, Tarlowe couldn't be any happier where he was.

Background: Tarlowe's early life was one expected of village child. He laughed, he played, and he loved. However, when he came to the ripe age of 18 Tarlowe decided to leave his village and find a place in the world for himself. Tarlowe had realized that the world would quash a mere mortal like him, so he began to train. He studied in the arts of the arcane while sharpening his mind in any way that would rid him the title of a mortal man. Later in his life, Tarlowe had encountered the guild named "The Hunters Of The Hidden", an underground guild that searched for threats that were previously unknown. The guild specialized in finding these wretched abominations, slaying them, but keeping the feat away from the public. Tarlowe saw a great future in this business and so he went on to join the guild.

Tarlowe had risen through the guild's rank moderately. He had no large triumphs of his own but he had restlessly went on missions to increase his prominence among his fellow Hunters. Tarlowe had gathered a small group of friends that would often go on treacherous missions together. They gained tremendous amounts of prestige on each mission, so much to the point where they were promoted to the rank of "Dread Bane", a prestigious title only awarded to those who conquered the most colossal threats that the world had to offer. Tarlowe and his party continued their conquest in hopes of a peaceful and valorous society. They seemed to never stagger in the face of evil, until one dreaded night.

Tarlowe and his party had tasked themselves with the extermination of a godly being named Kaurash, Prophet Of The Deep. (Core-Ra-Shh) The false prophet had ascended to the material realm in hopes to corrupt the hearts of its inhabitants and to enslave them to his formless masters. Tarlowe However, would not allow such a beast entrap so many souls to a tyrannical god and so Tarlowe and his party were off to Kaurash's temple.

As soon as they made it to the entrance, a dark premonition rumbled between them. Their enemy was a creature who was worshipped as a God and they wanted to destroy him, a group of mortals against a seemingly Devine deity. Their morale started to waver, but they kept their pride about them and made their way into their target's lair.

They came upon tremendous hordes of undead and grotesque enemies, all of which who were created with the sole purpose to hasten the parties's demise. They had taken many of Tarlowe's party members who were smothered and devoured by the assortment of beasts. Despite their losses, the party moved on, dedicated with the downfall of this false prophet. They came upon many large rooms filled with gargantuan abominations, though their physical prowess was unmeasurable they were no match to the arcane powers of the DreadBanes. Tarlowe was almost to his target, Kaurash's chamber was only a few steps away.

As the remainder of his party approached the immense chamber, they were pelted with disembodied whispers, which threatened them with eternal damnation and immeasurable anguish. They pushed forwards, keeping their faith above these demonic mutterings.

Once they made it to the middle of the room, a colossal figure appeared before them. It was clad in armor that appeared to be made of bone and chitin. In its hand held a massive broadsword that was pitch black, it seemed as if light itself was being devoured around it's presence. Tarlowe and his party were completely astonished by grandeur. Tarlowe shook off this feeling and opened his mouth to give his orders, only to find his party members impaled on black spikes of unidentifiable matter. Tarlowe's mind went blank, there was no other thought in his mind but one thing: Escape.

Tarlowe turned to run, but the chamber was sealed off. He heard laughter, it was deep and unsettling. A voice rang out, seemingly from the creature that stood in the middle. "You will drown in the deep, Dread...Thing". Tarlowe turned around to face the voice but he had an odd feeling in his abdomen. He looked down, to see the same black spikes that murdered his friends, inside him. Tarlowe's eyes gave way to the darkness as he blacked out.

Tarlowe woke to find himself stranded in a small chamber. It the middle sat what seemed to be a helmet. Tarlowe got up from the ground and approached the helmet. Whispers emanated from it, but they were not malicious, they promised freedom and sanctuary from this hell-hole. As Tarlowe came closer, his abdomen stung with pain, the wounds where he was stabbed throbbed and pulsated to the point where it forced him to his knees. The whispers became louder and promised more and more and eventually started to plead with him, begging him to take on the crown and rid himself of his mortal bindings. Tarlowe could take no more, he stood up once more and took the crown in his hands. He slowly placed upon his head and once the crown touched his flesh, the whispers stopped.

Suddenly, several strands of pure black matter ran out of the crown and smothered his entire body. Tarlowe screamed as his form shifted before his very eyes. Tarlowe's vision was cut abruptly as he lost consciousness once more.

Tarlowe found himself outside the temple. The temple that had stolen his friends, the temple that had transformed him into what he was now. He looked to his left hand and saw a container bound in chains and seeping a black gaseous substance. A familiar voice sounded in his head, ''twas the voice that slaughtered his party. It spoke solemnly:

"The Deep will sustain you now, O Bearer mine".

Quirks:
Whispers Of the deep- Occasionaly, Whispers emanate from his crown. These whispers fortell omens that may happen in the future. Though Tarlowe chooses not listen to them, the whispers will constantly try to guide him. The whispers' prrmonitions often end with the phrase "O, Bearer Mine".

Spoils of The Deep- Tarlowe can call to The Deep to lend him a item in the material realm. The items are consumables like water and food. Tarlowe However, has no need for food or water.

Skills/Training/Techniques/Abilities/Powers/Traits

Skills-
  • Menacing aura[2]- Tarlowe gives off a very menacing aura, which helps prevents needless conflict from people who're weak hearted.

Proficiency-

• Arcane prowess [2]- After years of studying and training, Tarlowe has considerable expertise in magic and sorcery. The spells he can cast can range from supporting buffs to unknown magic.
Skill Categories-

Sorcerer of The Deep [2]-With the help of The Crown Of The Deep, Tarlowe can use magic that is unheard of. If he so asks, he can be granted with knowledge from The Crown.

Powers-

Name: Palm of The Deep [2]
-Range:Medium range (60-70ft)
-Target: Can hit 2 targets at once, very tight space, must hit the target in order to be effective.
-Duration: 5 Minutes
Source: The Crown of The Deep
Type:Attack
-Description: Tarlowe fires blue spurts of electricity from his hands. Though not very powerful, it can leave a burn on exposed flesh.

Name: Necrochasm [2]
Range: Short
Target: One target, Multiple targets if they are in close vicinity. Large AOE.
Duration: 30 seconds
Source: The Crown of the Deep
Type:Attack
Description: After chanting for at least a minute, Tarlowe lays various glowing symbols on the ground. After a few seconds, these symbols explode, causing damage to whoever is near them.

Name: Boon of The Deep [2]
Target: Self or One person
Duration: 15 seconds
Source- Tarlowe's magic
Type- Buff
Description: Tarlowe chants in a cryptic language and touches whatever he wants to apply the buff to. The buff heals wounds and prevents mortal injuries for a while

Name- Abomination Conjuring [2]
Range: Indefinite
Target: Variable
Duration- 10 minutes
Source- The Crown Of the Deep
Description- By opening up a crack in the ground, Tarlowe can summon a undead knight (6'2) to protect him while he casts spells. However, this spell uses up a considerable amount of dark energy, thus making his spells shorter and increases the time he needs to cast them.

Name- Curse of The Deep [2]
Range- Medium (30-60ft)
Target: One target
Duration- 2 minutes
Type: Bane
Source- Crown of the Deep
Description- By Utilizing The Deep, Tarlowe reaches into the mind of the target and whispers cryptic curses. Targets affected by this move slower and take more damage. This attack requires Tarlowe to charge for several minutes.

Name-Levitation [2]
Range-Short
Target:Self
Type:Buff
Source- The Crown of The Deep
Duration: Indefinite
Description: By utilizing dark magic, Tarlowe can rise off of the ground. A spell mostly used for mobility then in Combat.

Clothes and Equipment
  • Hunters of The Hidden Cloak-During his time in the guild, each member were bestowed a black cloak. Though appearing frail, the cloak provides some protection against light attacks.
  • Expensive item #1:Crown of The Deep- An ancient artifact that allows one to utilize the strange magic of The Deep. Whispers can be heard from within. Tarlowe cannont remove this item as it has fused into his head.
  • Satchel- A small satchel that contains various herbs, crystals, and others misc items.
  • Black leather gloves- Gloves bought by Tarlowe in a village marketplace. Flexible and reliable.
  • Crest- A charteuse and black bundle of gems, he keeps it on the left side of his cloak.
  • Expensive item 2#: Chalice of Darkness- The container that Tarlowe holds that keeps most of his power.
  • Moderate Item- Dagger. A dagger made out of Ivory. Strictly for Sacrifices to the Deep.
  • Inexpensive item #1- Several small crystals used as a "Pick-me-up" by Tarlowe.
  • Inexpensive item #2- Several common herbs and fungi that have healing properties if eaten.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, rl stuff came up and he cant join at this time.

Aye, Phalanx has some concerned that need to be addressed with more attention, thus he won't be able to partake.

I'll delay my post for the sake of getting a couple more posts in there. It seems some of you were waiting on others which held up other people waiting on them....Direct message, OOC, or throw a rock, whatever it takes to communicate who you are waiting on would be nice. I know some folks hesitate to be first, but you can remedy a lot of that by communication.

Prompting is annoying, which is why I try not to do that as much. It's more tedious for me to initiate stuff because I want as much information as possible before deciding. Which is why I spam Nova with a lot of questions, which is something y'all should do here or through PMs if the painted scene isn't enough. Firstly because to force him to think up a suitable answer, secondly to benefit as much as possible from your decisions.

Additionally.

GoDdAmNiT fIsH mY SnEaKy BoI iS TrYiN' tO Be oNe WiTh tHe ShAdOwS

my post shall come tomorrow. Thanks everyone who posted. I'm gonna start messaging folks when my post is up. see if we can get a bit more regular posts out within the 48 hour window.

The Rp'er

Rp'er Name: The Last Curse
Posting Time Frame: 1-8pm EDT. Sometimes 6am-8am Depending on the day.
Post Frequency: Multiple times a day.

The Body

Character Name: Viril Friberg (v-air-il Free-burg)
Aliases/Titles/Nicknames: Friburg, Blademaster Of Stoneveil, Her kindness, Edgelord (Informal)
Appearance: Age: 22
Sex: Male
Height: 5'7''
Weight: 58 kgs- 129lbs
Build: Thin and Slim with strong sturdy arms and a toned body.
Race: Human
Personality: Despite his rugged and stoic appearance, Viril is very sociable. He'll often crack jokes, start conversations on random topics, or participate in other extroverted activities. With his young age comes naïveté which often gives Viril bouts of curiosity. Despite his childish demeanor, Viril has a strong sense of honor and will never be as loose as he usually is around his elders.
Type: Physical

The History

Connections: Despite his recent recrutement to The Colony, Viril has made a few close acquaintances, one of them being Pisces. During his patrols near the coasts of Stoneveil he spotted a peculiar sight, a mermaid. Though tales circulated through Stoneveil about mermaids who lured men to their demise, Viril's curiosity got the better of him as he approached the rock where the woman was perched. He tried to catch her attention but the sound of the crashing waves drowned out his voice. Suddenly, a snide idea crossed his mind, amongst the waves he'd yell something out but the fierce symphony of the ocean would neutralize his cry. Viril chuckled to himself as he took air into his lungs and screamed "HEY MER-BITCH".
Unluckily, the ocean had become still by then and Viril's derogatory remark sounded out amongst the rocks. What transpired after involved Viril floating lifelessly near the shore. In the succeeding years, when Viril joined The Colony, he caught sight of the same mermaid that almost drowned him, he caught her name, Pisces. He approached her, apologized for his childish antics in the past, and asked if they could make up. The two would soon go on to become good friends.

Link To The Colony:
Viril was summoned to the Stoneveil Queen's chamber on one winter morning. He was half expecting a lecture for his laziness on his duties but if that were the case, a member of the Queen's Council would have transcribed his behavior and sent it to him themselves. This was something way more dire than he expected. Finally, Viril made it to the doors of the Queen's chambers, he pushed them aside and looked inside. The Queen sat in her lavish throne at the end of the colossal room, she was being tended to by her Virtues, knights of similar rank to Viril.

Viril took a deep breath as he stepped into the Queen's domain. With every step, the sound of Viril's armor rumbled throughout the room, drawing the attention of both the Queen and her virtues. She looked up with a stoic expression on her face however, once she saw Viril her lips turned into a small welcoming smile. The Virtues gazed at Viril, they all knew why Viril was here, they were in his place before many years ago. Viril stood before his Queen and promptly kneeled. He wanted to greet her, but it was forbidden to speak to the Queen unless given permission so he held his breath as she explained why she had summoned him here. "Viril, My advocate. Word of your chivalrous deeds have reached my noble ears" she spoke softly "Me and my Virtues have discussed your performance and we've come to the conclusion that you will make a most lovely addition to my Virtues".

Viril was about to express his excitement before he was cut off by his Queen, "But, as you know. To become a Virtue, you must prove your devotion. To Me." She looked over to the Virtue on her left "Bartholomew, My Vigilance. He thwarted the attempt on my life. I wouldn't be speaking to you today if it were not for his devotion and bravery". She looked over to her right, "Catherine, My Fury. She has slain armies upon armies of enemies in my name. She has brought me the wings of fifty abominable wyverns". She finally looked back at Viril, now with piercing turquoise eyes. "And what have you done in my name? O Advocate mine?".

Viril kept quiet as he looked off to the side in embarrassment. The Queen shook her head solemnly, as she gestured Bartholomew to give Viril something. Viril looked up, in front of his face was a crest, it had pool blue and Snow White gems, with an unusual marking in the middle. Viril took the crest and held it in his hand.

"What you hold, is a crest, a crest from a Queen of another land" She continued "We had a agreement, You will be apart of her.. army... called The Colony. If you come back safe, you will be promoted. If not, you're position as a knight will be voided" she spoke sharply, her words tearing through Viril's confidence. "Is that understood? My Kindness?".

Viril nodded. He rose from his position and quickly made for the door. His Queen closed her eyes as she heard the door to her chambers close once more.

Background:
Viril was born to a wealthy family in the kingdom of Stoneveil, a vast empire that prioritized chivalry and devotion to the one great ruler, the Queen. His family consisted of two older brothers, who were knights that dedicated their lives to the protection of the Kingdom and it's people. They barely came home to say hello to their parents and Vigil, always keeping their duties ahead of them. At a Young age Viril showed interest in knighthood, he had heard tales of knights slaying dragons, protecting the kingdom and it's Queen from otherworldly threats, and how they held a high social status over everyone in the Kingdom. It all inspired him to strive for the path of knighthood.

Viril's parents caught onto his interests and immediately tried to quash it. They didn't want to lose another son to the ever expanding empire, and so they went to try to shift his interests into other topics. They tried to introduce him to smithing, Viril learned the basics but ditched the subject later and kept his dream to become a knight. His parents tried to teach him how to be a bard, but Viril got bored of it and still continued his work towards a knight.

Finally, his parents decided to completely change his mindset on the entire kingdom. They told him that Knights were cold blooded killers, soulless fiends who submit themselves to a corrupt tyrant. They told him that the Queen was a uncaring despot who only cared about her own riches than the well-being of the kingdom. Viril had finally had enough, he was old enough to become a knight and old enough to think for himself, he didn't need to listen to his parents, not anymore at-least.

Viril left home to join the Queen's guards. There he would soon adopt his Broadsword prowess, training under the famous Virtues. There he would develop his kind and sociable demeanor, and there he would carve a place in the world for himself.

The Exceptions

Quirks: Under extremely dire conditions, Viril becomes increasingly powerful. More specifically, when Viril is close to death or outnumbered. He fights way more viciously. Along with this, his Broadsword seemingly transforms to fit whatever he desires and gains a special paralytic agent. However, Viril barely gets himself into these kinds of situations and still has no idea on how to activate this mode, on which he calls "Knightly Reversal".

Skills/Training/Techniques/Abilities/Powers/Traits

Skills-
Motivational Figure[2]- Viril's high enthusiasm and charisma allows him to speak to others and motivate them in or out of battle. Viril uses his chivalrous figure to get people to help aid him in his troubles.

Tactical Planner [1]- In the heat of Battle, Viril can tell others to move around or create formations to successfully destroy an enemy.

Potion Crafter [2]- Viril is able to make crude potions on the battlefield. They are only limited to minor healing and stamina boosting tonics.
Proficiencies-

Heavy Armor agility [2]- Despite his heavy armor, Viril is still able to move quickly under the burden of his armor and weapon. This speed however doesn't compare to other, faster characters.

Broadsword Efficiency [1]- Viril has years of Broadsword training, which allows him to use with deadly efficiency

Skill Category-

Repair [2]- With Barely any materials, Viril can repair weapons and armor to good to very good quality. This also applies to the sharpening of weapons or melding of armor.

Power/Ability/Technique-

Name: Self-determination [2]
Target:Self
Duration: 5 minutes
Source: Viril's willpower
Type:Buff
Description: When in times of doubt, Viril encourages himself and reminds him of his morals and good deeds, this gives him newfound strength to continue his fight.

Name: Cocytus's breath [2]
Range: Indefinite
Target: Self
Duration: 1 minute
Type: Buff/Attack
Source: Magical Tome
Description: After reading off of some ancient runes off of a scroll, Viril's Broadsword will be blessed with Freezing capabilities for a short amount of time. Has a small chance to Freeze enemies when the blade strikes bare flesh.

Name: Sutr's Blessing [2]
Target: Self
Duration: 1 minute
Type: Buff/Attack
Source: Magical Tome
Description: After reading off of an ancient tome, Viril's armor and broadsword ignite with low seething flames. There's a possibility of foes being burnt from being struck or touching Virils's armor.

Capacity [2]

Inventory and Equipment-
-Suit Of Stoneveilian armor- Armor that is uniform for knights of Stoneveil. Viril has scratched some words on it, which either say "Get some!", "Her kindness", or "Straight outta stoneveil".
-Her Benevolence (Broadsword) an intricately forged broadsword made by the Stoneveil Blacksmiths and blessed by the local warlocks,giving it peculiar qualities (
-Fur Scarf- A scarf gifted to him by his Queen, A monument of his devotion that he never takes off.
-Scabbard- A Leather scabbard made to hold Viril's Great sword. Standard leather made from the beasts of Stoneveil.
-Several Home-made biscuits- Small round biscuits, eaten when Viril's feels homesick.

-Cheap Items #1- Several rolls of Parchment- Small rolls of parchment that are used to create Viril's magical tomes. Unremarkable as it is.
-Cheap Items #2- Ink - Ink mixed with iron fillings used to write down ancient runes and phrases upon parchment. By itself, it's just ordinary ink.
-Moderate Items- Potion crafting Kit- A small handy kit used to quickly craft potions. Handy and reliable though it's functions limit to simple, weaker potions.
-Moderate Item #2- Wyvern Scales - An Uncommon commodity that has a number of uses, whether it be to craft a potion, layer onto armor, or to hold on to for good luck.
Secondary Weapon- A small and curved dagger that hangs off of Viril's hip. Only used for Emergencies above all else. It's small size allows him to carry it anywhere.
Clothing- Viril's casual attire consists of a cream ghillie shirt, long black pants with a small sheathe for his dagger, with simple black shoes. (

Last edited:
Reading my own posts make me want to eat a bowl of dried wood, drowned in maple syrup and sided with a healthy serving of rocks. NOVA! Y Chris bein' suspect he ain't done a sin yet side from lyin'. Also, Fish getting attention from Ye Olde Fukboi, that's entertaining.

Im just saying guards will find him if he stays put. Doesnt mean any more or less than that.

Updated/Complete character sheets should be messaged to me as the rules state. This is how updates to sheet are handled.

Sounds intense being a hous3 lord. I like to think im king of my castle.

Living Room Master would sound domineering if Living Room is literal. Backyard Noble, Porch Prince, Bathroom Sultan, Attic King, etc.

Back
Top Bottom