Both Needed High Fantasy Adventures DND group tale with solid core needs a few more to flesh things out.

Currently reading:
Both Needed High Fantasy Adventures DND group tale with solid core needs a few more to flesh things out.

Mephisto1313

Positivity Goblin
Staff member
Herald
Inner Sanctum Nobility
Local time
Today 12:53 AM
Pronouns
he/him
Update: 12/28 Looking for a few people to join some in progress ongoing DnD group stories.

Stories are in progress, but mostly the characters have sort of met each other, and that's about it. So new adds would just enter and continue on the plot, which has yet to be revealed, so everyone would be getting details at the same time. We have a few core players, but others have ended up leaving the site etc over time and I want to boost the numbers back up.

We do not use game mechanics during the stories, it is just the setting is based on the games, so you do not have to be super familiar with the rules. If you have interest we can work out those things in advance, and once in the story it is just like any other. Party composition doesnt matter since there are no dice rolled fights, but the group in the heist tale is an elven sorcerer, and en elven druid, and in the relic hunters store is an elven druid, a human sorcerer, and a tiefling sorcerer.

Please respond via PM if you would like to join or have questions I can answer.

Summary: 3rd level equivalent characters, group story in a homebrew setting.

Nitty gritty details, but its mostly just common sense written out.
About me: I am a guy in my mid 40's and have been gaming writng and doing art since DnD red box omg that was so long ago times. I enjoy playing as well as offering a setting and story and making a tale about the participants rather than a liner i made this plot you must follow it kind of story. I enjoy the small moments, everyone else might think the highlight of the story was the epic battle with the dragon, my highlight will be something like that time the bard used a spell to dance with some fae all night and got them drunk so they spilled the secrets of that one incident that led the seelee court to frown on Fauns dating humans.

and here is the wall of details. Like I said, most of it is just clarifying stuff, so don't be put of by it. I was trying to be thorough since I knew it would get used multiple times as people joined.

Leader: I guess I sort of am the one who wrangled this together so I'll volunteer for the "guess somone has to sort of be in charge" roll. However I view everyone involved as equal owners/partners/creators, so this is more a formality and my offer to present to you a world on a platter for exploring.

Setting: Shara-Tel - more specific setting info coming in a world post later today hopefully.. For now, its a "High" fantasy world with what you'd expect from most DnD settings. High level magic and magic items. and truly fantastic creatures are rare though, whilst low level magic and fantastic creatures abound.

Characters: 3rd level equivalent, created with DnD rules or self checked against that ability level if created without rules aids. Generally they should have a little experience, but still be early in their career path in terms of skill level, abilities and gear.
Group thread for character posting: Group thread for character posting now exists!

Spice level: In the main story Spice level should be Mild, where flirting and romantic descriptions are suggestive and not explicit, and are a side aspect to the main story(whatever we choose that to be). More explicit encounters or diving in heavily into romantic encounters will be taken to another thread if the writers of both chars agree. You can also write spicy encounters on the side of the main story in the secondary spice thread.

Respect: A given but stated none the less. We will all treat each other with respect. While for story purposes some characters, places etc may not embody our ideals in every way, if something hits too close to home or is uncomfortable for you as a person please let us, or me(if you don't want to call out to everyone), know and we can alter or skip past trouble issues.

Posting frequency: Everyone has lives, so the posting schedule does not to be constant. I'm guessing the post level will be roughly once every few days to once a week on average, though there may be times with shorter posts are more frequent or someone get clocked by life and might need a little longer. Since it's a group effort if things linger too long we will move the story forward and any unfinished action will have to be dealt with via flashback if it needs to be fleshed out more. I'm thinking on average this would be weekly, i.e if we are waiting on something a week goes by without the necessary post(s) we will pack up and move forward.

Post length: Posts with some substance. Posts should contain a decent thought or substance, and generally be one to several paragraphs. conversations and things may call for shorter posts sometimes, and there might be times for longer narrations. If we want to set up any specifics on handling these please discuss.

Third Person: The main tense will be third person. I don't really care about past/present tenses much myself, it doesn't bother me if Mimzy walked to the counter and Pie walks over. If you have a strong preference lets discuss.

Use of NPCs: Feel free to use minor npcs as desired. You are storytellers as well. Don't abuse them(the smith falling madly in love with you so she can gift you a full set of plate armor ... not so realistic. A shopkeeper handing you an apple as you walk by, perfectly fair game). Keep their attitudes roughly as established if they have already made an appearance. Major NPCS should be used with more caution. Feel free to check in advance with everyone or me if we keep the I run the universe approach. Keep in mind their place in the setting and everything will flow naturally.

Lore: Respect established lore(theres not a tone of it), but be free to create as much as you like with your backstories and your RP/writing. The map only extends for a big city and a few small towns. If you come from anywhere other than that it is our playground to create and add to the world. I encourage you to make up places, people, traditions, and any other lore while writing your parts and we will add it on as cannon.

That's the basics. This is the story that you would be joining.
Heisty story: https://writerssanctum.com/threads/adventures-in-shara-tel.32774/ Still loooking! two core members. 1 male 1 Female char.

Relic hunters https://writerssanctum.com/threads/shara-tel-2-relic-seekers.33058/page-6 Mostly good, could use one or two more. 4-5 currently.

old version, ignore this only saved in case of future need.
I would like to start a high fantasy adventure story or text only game(like DnD) that would focus on a group of people working together to start and run a travelling shop. The theme of the story(or game whichever form it takes) would be to procure and provide supplies, stock and make the merchandise and then travel from place to place in the fantasy world(I can provide a unique fantasy setting that I have worked on quite a bit, or we could collictvly create one as we go).

• This works with just a second person, but I think it would be more fun with 4-6 people so thats what I'm sort of aiming for.
  • I enjoy the little moments in stories so the "plot" as it were would advance slowly. The story would focus on day to day activities, and small goals most of the time. Character meetings and interactions with each other and the people around them, today we need to fix that wagon wheel or find some dryad bark, or somone tore their outfit and we need to get them a repacement. etc. With bigger plot arcs moving along slowy over time.
  • The setting would be high fantasy. Elves, dwarves, magic, Fae, etc. in a reletivly medieval time. My reference point is decades of DnD and fantasy novels in the same vein.
  • I can act as the storyteller and offer the world to you, playing many of the surrounding characters and running it like a game where I set the plot and give the participants story hooks that they choose to follow or ignore while doing thier own thing, or i can act as a main character alngside the other participants and we all set the stage and advance it through a group effort.
  • Romance is an option if desired. Once a group is assembled we would poll the level of comfort for interactions and then people can gravitate to whatever they desire(in a seperate section if need be if there is a disperate amount of expectations). I myself can be anywhere from innocent and purely pg all the way to smutting with the best of them and I'm pretty good at keeping those seperate and respecting peoples preferences. Being romantic is not a requirement for this. If there are different interest levels anythnig more than PG light romance would be shifted to an alternate thread/discord/whatever so that it would not spill over to thosse with different expectations.
  • Regardless of game or story i think we would mostly assume characters were at the beginning of their journey in terms of power and potential, so in that regard we would start of with releativly weak abilities and enhance them and story about their growth over time. This can be discussed and changed, I just think everyone in the same starting spot is better than a bunch of newbs and one all powerful hero from ages lost, etc.
  • I am interested in long term play, building the group and storying their adventures for many many months to come with no set end date.
  • I am an artist and there is a good chance I will do art of the characters adn their interactions in the story. I am fond of quirky and funny character moments, sweet and intimate moments, and friendship bondig moments between characters. Ther are no guarantees of the level or frequency, but if I am enjoying the interactions between any of the characters there will probably be at least quick sketches, and sometimes full finished pieces.
  • Frequency and length: I have a lot of time and would be available for multiple posts daily, but its also understandable that folks have lives. If you can contribute a few times a week, and you arn't upset by those with more time talking even when you're not around that's a good fit. Posts should be of value and contain something, but there probably isnt a need to set strict limits particularly if we get a decent number of people. Posts should be mostly correct in terms of grammer , punctuation, etc. but I don't think there is a need for the word police.
  • I think Third person is a more collected way of writing for multiple participants, except during journal entries etc.
  • Once we get a few people we would begin group thinking to set some baselines and make some initial decisions about the story, how to tell it ,etc collectivly.
  • I think thats everything, but if I missed anything you would like to know, feel free to inquire.

If you are interested reply here indicating so or send me a direct message and we can begin discussing details.

Last edited:
We are one in the same! I also mainly enjoy the more "minor" moments in DnD! I'm completely on board!
I have found myself enjoying them so much. I could just sit in town talking about our backstories and playing Kelpie in the river(water polo) and exploring characters feelings about realtionships, friendships, why they hate their parents. I just eat it up lol. If you are interested in joining a group story let me know. Once there are 3-4 people I'll see about matching interests(make sure spice levels match up or don't conflict etc) and doing a group story. I love it when a dynamic of 4-6 people get going when they are on the same page and build off of each other.

Count me in as interested!
Yush! If cowboy confirms they are on board that would make 4 of us which is decent group. Tonight I'll send out some messages to confirm everyones interest with a smidge more info and anyone still on board we can start a group convo to discuss specific interests, spice levels desired, etc. and anyone onboard still after they see how much I'm gonna type... ignore that part ... I mean assuming everyone feels comfy and happy that we can tell a story we would all find interesting we can talk about next steps.

This sounds like some fun and familiar territory for me. I'm interested! Am totally with you about the small moments of a roleplay being some of the most fun and most memorable there's a reason why slice of life was and continues to be such a popular genre all on its own

This sounds like some fun and familiar territory for me. I'm interested! Am totally with you about the small moments of a roleplay being some of the most fun and most memorable there's a reason why slice of life was and continues to be such a popular genre all on its own
I'll drop you a note sometime tonight with some specifics and if it all sounds good after that we'll start a group convo somepoint soon after that to iron out the details and expectations etc. as a group

Hey, I usually only get into 1on1 stuff aside from my Pathfinder campaign.
Still I'd love to delve into this idea if you'll have me, I just might be a little awkward OOC.

Hey, I usually only get into 1on1 stuff aside from my Pathfinder campaign.
Still I'd love to delve into this idea if you'll have me, I just might be a little awkward OOC.
Hiya! The current game is full for the moment(we are testing the current 4 and might add more in a couple weeks or vote to leave it at 4). I have another that wants to join, so I might be starting a 2nd one. I'll reach out with specific info to test specific peoples commitment and share the specific details soon.

I know I'm quite late to this, but nonetheless it seems really interesting! Admittedly group rp isn't something I have much experience and have only played DnD a few times but I still love it.
I noticed you mentioned your current group being full but potentially opening up more space for others or even starting another one. If you do so I would definitely love to give it a try as it sounds really fun.

I'll reach out to the others interested. If they are that would give us several people for a group to delve into some adventure! If you don't hear back in a day or so feel free to bump( because I am a total scatter brain sometimes).

I'll reach out to the others interested. If they are that would give us several people for a group to delve into some adventure! If you don't hear back in a day or so feel free to bump( because I am a total scatter brain sometimes).
Hey, just giving that bump

Is this still open? I would love to do this!

There is an opening in one o the group games(2 in fact!) If you would like to join a group focused on relic hunting

This story just started, and chars have only just begun meeting and getting to know each other.

the current chars are :

Eladrin druid themed as a mentalist who knows the rules of reality in order to break them.
Tiefling Sorcereer locked up 800 years ago and all her power has been drained from her when she is found
human warlock with a hidden agenda

Wait I just noticed you said it was full... :eek:
That was the first group. The second group that just started had two people drop. So it has openings if you want. I'll send you the specific details and you can let me know afte you look if you'd like to join us.

Back
Top Bottom