Either Needed Lonely starship seeks a good crew

Currently reading:
Either Needed Lonely starship seeks a good crew

He looks like a good fit, Xenophon might try to convince him not to go back to being fully organic, though. After all, from his perspective, why would you wish to downgrade yourself like that?

His response would be: "i had no choice but to augment. Or id be dead."

Also, if the crew ever gets into a scrap, would his cybernetics have much combat application, or do you see him as being more of a non-action guy.

Coming from a more industrial background hed be good with hand to hand and using certain power tools as makeshift weapons.

Is there a character limit? I currently have three I am working on. Except for the age of two which needs to be reworked, I only have the personality section to work.

Another question on the Astrans how long have they been around? Have any actually lived to be 500 years old, or is that just a well-educated scientific guess based on scientific facts?
Also is the Xenophon large enough to carry other ships within it? Cause the characters I am working on all have ships they acquired to do their day jobs.

So what is the general plott - I dont think we are going to be established as being ON the ship - maybe how we all end up on the ship is either - stowaways at first, other other means - thinking the ships AI is the captain and getting hired.

So I need to rethink some things then.

Is there a character limit? I currently have three I am working on. Except for the age of two which needs to be reworked, I only have the personality section to work.

Another question on the Astrans how long have they been around? Have any actually lived to be 500 years old, or is that just a well-educated scientific guess based on scientific facts?
Two or three would be okay, so long as the player thinks they can put sufficient attention into each PC.

Astrans have been around since before the development of the stardrive (so over ten thousand years ago), and are the most common subspecies of human found in settled space. Most can expect to make it to their full lifespan unless they are either unlucky enough to have a very dangerous profession or lucky enough to have access to the medical means to keep them alive indefinitely.

Also is the Xenophon large enough to carry other ships within it? Cause the characters I am working on all have ships they acquired to do their day jobs.

Xenophon is just under a mile long at 1400m, with a hangar bay large enough to carry a few dozen small auxiliary craft (think shuttles, gunships, drone craft). He could fit a small corvette sized craft inside as well (about 100-200m) but that would be a tight fit.

So what is the general plott - I dont think we are going to be established as being ON the ship - maybe how we all end up on the ship is either - stowaways at first, other other means - thinking the ships AI is the captain and getting hired.

Xeno is going to put out a job advert for crew for his ship, and maybe 'peruse' Pilgrim Star's communication and surveillance systems to identify individuals who might be useful and directly invite them to join. He wouldn't be too found of stowaways, and if anyone did try to sneak onboard he might need convincing from the rest of the crew not to vent them out an airlock.

I'm not decided yet as to if we should start with Xeno arriving at Pilgrims Star and searching for crew, or with with him and his crew en route to their first destination and them all getting settled in.

As to the general plot...i'm thinking Xeno will take on a job that will likely prove more dangerous than anticipated. But beyond that, I'm willing to take on suggestions for 'episodes' we could do.

I might be interested! I'm thinking about a character of another human subspecies, newer and less widespread than Astra. They have shorter lifespan, but accelerated healing and resistance to radiation. My original story in mind is that she barely survived an apocalypse on her planet after a ship broke all speed regulations and was somehow allowed to crash into the far side of the planet. Without a home, she somehow leaves the planet and joins Xeno.

But I'm going on a four week vacation next month, so I should probably wait until after that to join in, if there is room then. I just wanted to say hi :)

I might be interested! I'm thinking about a character of another human subspecies, newer and less widespread than Astra. They have shorter lifespan, but accelerated healing and resistance to radiation. My original story in mind is that she barely survived an apocalypse on her planet after a ship broke all speed regulations and was somehow allowed to crash into the far side of the planet. Without a home, she somehow leaves the planet and joins Xeno.

But I'm going on a four week vacation next month, so I should probably wait until after that to join in, if there is room then. I just wanted to say hi :)
No worries, new crew will have plenty of opportunities to hop on and off.

Name: Jasmine "Jas" Jacques

Appearance: https://www.deviantart.com/xiataptara/art/Space-Pirate-635598126

Armor: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/vanquish/images/9/97/E69c80e7b582e382b9e383bce383840721.jpg

Pronouns: She/Her

Species: Homo superius bellator/Homo sapien astra/Cyborg

Height: 5'11"

Bio: Jas' mother owned a bar that soldiers often frequented during their downtime. Her mother was also known to provide her patrons with more than just food and drinks. Jas had many siblings, most of which didn't share the same father. Jas grew up around the military her whole life. She joined the military, but quickly realized it wasn't really for her, she made a commitment she was going to see it through. Six months after basic training during a battle her left arm was blown off by an explosion. She knew if she didn't do something she would die on the battlefield. Running on adrenaline and military-grade narcotic pain relievers she cauterized the wound to stop the bleeding. Using only her pistol she stayed in the fight. By the time the battle was over, her adrenaline and drugs were wearing off. She passed out from the pain. She woke up in a military hospital with a new cyborg arm. She was asked to test a new combat armor and adaptive weapon system. She began training on the combat armor as soon as the doctor cleared her. After several months of training on her new combat armor and adaptive weapon system, she started using both in the field. During the final year of her tour, her ship was shot down on a very inhospitable moon. She was declared MIA, but presumed KIA. Several years later, after she had lost track of time, people landed on the moon. She approached carefully not knowing if they were friendly or not. She didn't recognize the uniforms, but she did recognize the insignias she assumed they were finally there to rescue her. She ran to them. They started firing right away. Using her suit, she was able to outmaneuver them and subdue them. She interrogated them each for hours. The last person she interrogated broke before she could say or do anything, apparently listening to tortured screams for hours broke him. Her people elected a bloodthirsty dictator. Her last commanding officer opposed the dictator and anyone who worked for him was declared an enemy of the state. Jas was now a wanted criminal for no reason of her own doing.

One day while doing odd jobs around the galaxy she teamed up with Val, another former soldier. They would work together from time to time. When Val got the rescue mission, she requested Jas' help. Took a year to hunt down the missing girl. They studied the girl and her associates for over a month. They didn't seem like kidnappers or sex fiends. She didn't seem like she was in trouble. She seemed to be working for or with them. So, the two of them decided to ask directly.

Personality: Jas is a courageous and talented individual, as she is rarely afraid of anything. This also makes her somewhat reckless. Despite this, Jas has strong morals as she is appalled at the idea of needlessly sacrificing anyone for any reason.
Skills: Marksmen, survivor, hunter

Ship role: Val's partner

Val's Ship: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/59/7d/68/597d68033e8a9f4318d35b6df0d4a8d1.jpg
She stole it from the people she had to kill when she thought she was being rescued.

Weapons: The adaptive weapon system can transform into multiple weapons, assault laser rifle, anti-armor laser pistol, sniper laser rifle

Notes:
As a hybrid, she is half the super soldier a Bellator is. Her lifespan is only 492 years.

Name: Talita "Lita" Tavares

Appearance: https://i.redd.it/3cx9sdkr3fi51.png

Armor: https://i0.wp.com/shinesparkers.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MetroidDreadBackground-scaled.jpg

Species: Homo sapien astra/Cyborg

Height: 6'3"

Bio: Lita was raised by her parents until pirates attacked their colony. Her maternal aunt, a xenoarchaeologist, took her in. Lita went exploring on one of her aunt's digs even though she knew it was wrong. She discovered something amazing, it looked like an egg, but it was techno-organic in origin. When she touched it, the egg cracked open and the contents engulfed her, bonded with her, it disappeared into her skin. Lita became scared of what had just happened to her, she ran to her aunt crying. When she returned to where her aunt was working, pirates had her aunt and the other workers hostage. She stopped and accidentally bumped into something. One of the pirates heard her and immediately turned and fired upon her. The contents of the egg formed a protective armor around her. Using the armor she began attacking the pirates. She picked up the laser cannon of the first pirate she attacked, and the suit absorbed it turning her right arm into a laser cannon. After that Lita's aunt began to study Lita to learn about the changes that happened to her, the limits both upper and lower. Lita's aunt did have a form fitting suit that would not be destroyed when the armor came out of her, didn't solve their clothing budget issues but at least Lita wouldn't have to worry about charges for indecent exposure or the elements.

Lita eventually grew tired of being a lab rat and left home the first chance she got. She went to school far away studying xenobiology and xenoarchaeology. After getting her PhDs in both she went on to start doing her own research to discover more of the ancient people that created whatever the heck upgraded her. Lita eventually uncovered signs pointing to a sentient ship in the histories of numerous worlds. She had to find out more, she had to find the ship whether it was alive or not.

During her travels and research if she heard about or came across pirates, no matter what she was doing she would stop and go hunt those scumbags down and kill them with extreme prejudice.

Personality: Lita is a woman of few words and a fearsome warrior. She lets her actions speak for themselves. She remains quiet and brooding despite her great accomplishments and has devoted her life to killing every last pirate scum in existence. Lita has unparalleled willpower and resourcefulness, succeeding where others fail or choose not to bother. She has little respect for authority because they have failed time and time again. She detests being told what to do.

Skills: xenobiology, xenoarchaeology, marksmen, some medicine

Ship role: xenobiology and xenoarchaeology

Lita's ship: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/0/08/Starship.jpg
She acquired it from pirates. She has customized it since to make it more useful for her.

Weapons: Canon built into the armor, upgradeable. Canon modes: power & charge.
Laser pistol when not in armor.

Name: Valarie "Val"

Appearance: RS: Space Pirate Queen

Armor: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/8a/77/868a77acd2ce062e991fedca27f3be49.jpg

Pronouns: She/her

Species: Homo superius bellator

Height: 6' (without armor) 7' (with armor)

Bio: Val was born Soldier 69-4216, as part of a super soldier program. Val was not a person in the eyes of her creators she was a weapon to be deployed, to kill, to die. She made her first kill when she was fourteen. She lived far longer than any other super soldier. She was nothing more than a weapon for five decades. She began to change, question things, and develop a mind of her own. Then one day she survived and didn't come back to base. She stole the ship she was using. From there she began to have an actual life. To develop and learn who she was beyond the weapon of war. She only had one useful talent pool the draw from, she adapted it to other things. She took jobs working security, tracking, bounty hunting, and on a very rare occasion piracy, amongst other jobs.

She eventually took a job for Ms. Riggs who wanted Val to rescue her daughter from kidnappers, possibly sex traffickers. Val hated kidnappers, there weren't words strong enough to describe her hatred for sex traffickers. She called Jas another former soldier to help. Took a year to hunt down the missing girl. They studied the girl and her associates for over a month. They didn't seem like kidnappers or sex fiends. She didn't seem like she was in trouble. She seemed to be working for or with them. So, the two of them decided to ask directly.

Personality: Val is simple, honest, direct and passionate. She does what is right, even if it's the more difficult choice. She won't go looking for trouble, but she won't run if it comes looking for her. Val's sincerity and sense of honor can win him rapport from all walks of life. Val's musical preferences lie in country rock. As a teen, she wasn't fond of classical music. She doesn't hate easily, but when she does so, it's intense. Val is uncomfortable with formal wear, preferring casual clothes, but will rarely dress up for a formal occasion when necessary.

Skills: Adaptability, marksmen, surviving, tracking

Ship role: Whatever the ship needs she can procure one way or another, you may not want to ask to many questions.

Val's ship: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/f/fc/Griffin_SC2-NCO_Art1.jpg
She stole it from her last mission. She has since customized it to suit her needs. She has paid to have its registration changed so that it is no longer legally recognized as the same ship she stole.

Weapons: Dual laser pistols when out of armor. Heavy laser rifle and alloy combat shield while in armor.

Notes:
Superius bellator literally means superior warrior.

As a super soldier she is stronger, more durable, faster, more agile, has more stamina, better reflexes, smarter, & heals faster than normal humans. Just like Astrans the Bellators age extremely slowly after they are fully matured. Unlike Astrans the Bellators are fully matured by the age of 14 and fully combat ready. While Astrans are known to live 500 years, Bellators only live 485 years.

Keen to see when this thread takes off.
Soon, I need to post some more setting details when life slows down and gives me a chance.

I'm also thinking that whilst Xeno is ultimately the one in charge of himself, the ship might need an organic captain, if only to handle directing the hairless apes on board whilst Xeno busies himself with doing ship stuff.

Soon, I need to post some more setting details when life slows down and gives me a chance.

I'm also thinking that whilst Xeno is ultimately the one in charge of himself, the ship might need an organic captain, if only to handle directing the hairless apes on board whilst Xeno busies himself with doing ship stuff.

Maybe during the first mission/destination arrival, Xeno sees which crew member would be the best fit and then addresses it IC.

There will be a natural leader who crops up in the group.

It'd save making a Captain PC, and it's a bit more fun that way seeing which character has the leadership qualities Xeno would look for in a person.

Last edited:
Dr Marselu Music
Character Sheet
Name: Cora Béatrice Marselu (Cora Beatrice Escors - Originals name)
Appearance:
22b0e48be983f26baf6f08fa9a540c22.jpg

edc548b68d8c323684e10709fbdbbeba.jpg

d7674fead82eeef368100e129fdc9a2e.jpg

573be70bdeb0322a1d1ae3f2acc808cf.jpg
Species: Homo Sapien Astra (Clone)
Height: 5'3
Bio:
Born from a wealthy family that paved their way decades ago into politics by providing medicine for other worlds in settled space, at an exuberant price as they slowly became one of the richest families of their homeworld. Until they were bought out by Eternity Corp. One of the largest manufacturers of medicine across the solar system, who began to create a monopoly on the medical field, all of which included equipment, medicine, implants, enhancements etc.

Through strategic marriage and careful associations, the Escors family entered into a small group of elite families dedicated to protecting their homeworld (Dion) and linked to the Eternity Corporation as they held the majority share. The local government of Dion was nothing but a puppet establishment run by corrupt politicians and rich families dedicated to establishing their homeworld as a place of wealth and power. As a means to protect themselves by any means necessary, they began developing biological warfare and planetary defences...but all those who questioned the government's motives, and their methods or Eternity Corp's ethical practices soon disappeared from their homes.

Unlike her father who was tainted by wealth and the power they had over their homeworld, she had always taken on the altruistic elements of the family's lineage. Since she was a child the girl wanted to be a doctor and help people, and that dream never changed as she grew into a woman. Cora entered the school of medicine on her homeworld, and after ten years she became a qualified doctor with a speciality in surgery and then virology. It was there she entered into the Eternity Corp's laboratories as a sub-leader of a team for two years.

Everything changed when a passenger ship became infected with an unknown virus. No doctor or aid was sent for fear it might spread, but Cora and two other doctors took her father's small transport ship to dock and they began to test and aid those sick on board. It was then Cora noticed something strange. The virus was a strain, from one of the variants she had been working on to prevent it from becoming deadly. This strain had been modified to fatal levels of nearly eighty per cent mortality rates. As she discovered this, the doctors and she became gravely ill from the same virus. In a desperate attempt to cure it, Cora used the prototype on herself knowing she might die from an untested drug.

The doctors' combined knowledge made a crude cure but could not protect against the damage it had done to the body. Luckily she was in the early stages where it could be cured, if it had progressed into stage four which she deemed was when the virus had gone too far, it was considered untreatable past that stage and therefore fatal. Her father had gotten wind of her being onboard and sent a rescue crew to get back his daughter, and found she was in a coma. The other two doctors were pronounced dead at the scene, and the ship was sent into the nearest sun to burn.

Marked down as an accident, and a failure of engines they did not report the sick passengers onboard, some of which were healthy enough to be cured and fully aware of their surroundings...

For several weeks she was in a coma and given medication to help with the lasting effects of the virus. All of their data was given to a ghost team at a black site where no one knew what they were working on. When Cora woke up she went back to work once under supervision which made her investigate the laboratory studies and found several connections of viruses one week being tested on, then disappearing the next. For those she thought could be trusted among the higher-ups one of which was a family friend since she had known him from the age of five years old.

Cora told them what she suspected was happening and soon found all of her work confiscated, and she was removed from the corporation. What she had found linked to potential biological warfare and her father seemed to be involved when she hacked into his computer and found several names of politicians connected to the research and development of high-risk diseases. All of the data was downloaded that same day and as she was leaving the family home, the eternity guard showed up with a warrant for her arrest as she was branded a high-level threat and danger to society.

In an attempt to avoid the data from falling into the wrong hands. Cora awakened a clone she'd been growing in secret as she started to fear her investigation into the corporation was going to be discovered. She did not care for her life, only that the truth about them was revealed. Over time she slowly copied her full personality and memories. She also implanted a neurochip in the back of the clone's skull with all of the data containing her research, and all manner of development within Eternity Corporation. Also, what she took from her father's computer was compiled for the clone to access whenever she wanted like a memory palace.

The day she had escaped with her clone as cargo to transport her to the above station. The Eternity Guard found her and she was taken to a black site before she could end her life and give her clone a better chance if they believed she was dead. No records of her death or sightings from the family as she all but disappeared like so many before her.

Her original self had placed the cargo under a different name, but she was successfully transported to the space station above. Her last memory was that she was hiding in the crate to avoid security as the ship she was taken by was paid off to not inspect or ask questions. On awakening Cora's clone had full documentation, a ticket, money and a new family name to hide from those who wanted her original self's data. She does not know she is a clone of Cora Escors.

The cloned doctor had little money to her name, but her qualifications and skill as a doctor were implanted into her mind by the original Cora, all of her training, and experiences over the years were there as if she had been the one to undergo the education required of a Doctor.

After she had left Dion the woman found herself on a small space station, where she found work on a mining ship as their surgeon and general practitioner for two years. Until her contract ended and she like many others remained in Pilgrim's Star after the ship departed and she began looking for work...

As her desire to expose Eternity Corp remained strong no matter where her feet would land...

Personality: Cora considers herself a woman of action when it comes to medicine and combatting illnesses of all kinds (Viruses, diseases, infections etc). But in the face of adversity, she holds herself with class, a calm attitude and a methodical mind, with a touch of humour that reflects the dryness of her work when tending to admin, but it can be inappropriate given the timing as her humour becomes more prominent when she grows nervous or frightened.

Yet, in her work, she always prided herself on being approachable and a woman of knowledge, when asked about biology or viruses that affect different species. She will speak for hours on end with a top-shelf wine in hand, and discuss all manners of medicine and virology as that is her life-long passion.

But her years spent working for Eternity Corp and discovering the data only to be betrayed, resulted in her vendetta against politicians and her renegade behaviour. As a result, she is no longer afraid to question authority or decisions she considers immoral. But, Cora is by no means a saint as she has done questionable things to survive and hide from her previous employers as she holds their secrets.

Her growing obsession with diseases and medicine partially stems from Cora's shame. She could not help the 300 passengers who were infected with the A-56 virus and sent to their deaths at the hands of the same company she trusted with her work. She was haunted by their faces at night and the knowledge she played a hand in creating the mutated virus in one of her father's laboratories.

Skills: A qualified surgeon, virologist and general practitioner, she is well-versed in the biology of multiple species and she is a talented linguist.

She never received her certificate as a therapist but she has been a confidant for many previous crewmates.

Her speciality as a doctor is virology with two years in a laboratory before she moved out onto a mining ship to take on the role of their doctor, where she performed surgeries and was a general practitioner.

Cora has some skill with side arms and very little experience with hand-to-hand fighting.

Ship role: Doctor

Just wondering, but is the original Cora still alive? Or is that something for us and her clone to discover at some point...

Maybe during the first mission/destination arrival, Xeno sees which crew member would be the best fit and then addresses it IC.

There will be a natural leader who crops up in the group.

It'd save making a Captain PC, and it's a bit more fun that way seeing which character has the leadership qualities Xeno would look for in a person.

Yeah, that seems like the best option. Xeno might try being the captain himself at first until he decides he'd rather delegate the role and keep his focus on managing the ship.

One note, the PCs will not be the only crew members, there will be a few dozen nameless redshirts who will also be brought onboard and whose lives are, narratively, expendable. The Xenophon is optimally intended to operate with a crew of hundreds to thousands, but his AI is advanced enough that he can operate with just a small skeleton crew and a lot of robots, although not as efficiently since his attention is divided. He's reluctant to take on any more crew at the moment as he'd rather not return from his quiet sabbatical to suddenly having crowds of rowdy organics wandering through his corridors.

Name: Jasmine "Jas" Jacques

Appearance: https://www.deviantart.com/xiataptara/art/Space-Pirate-635598126

Armor: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/vanquish/images/9/97/E69c80e7b582e382b9e383bce383840721.jpg

Species: Homo superius bellator/Homo sapien astra/Cyborg

Height: 5'11"

Bio: Jas' mother owned a bar that soldiers often frequented during their downtime. Her mother was also known to provide her patrons with more than just food and drinks. Jas had many siblings, most of which didn't share the same father. Jas grew up around the military her whole life. She joined the military, but quickly realized it wasn't really for her, she made a commitment she was going to see it through. Six months after basic training during a battle her left arm was blown off by an explosion. She knew if she didn't do something she would die on the battlefield. Running on adrenaline and military-grade narcotic pain relievers she cauterized the wound to stop the bleeding. Using only her pistol she stayed in the fight. By the time the battle was over, her adrenaline and drugs were wearing off. She passed out from the pain. She woke up in a military hospital with a new cyborg arm. She was asked to test a new combat armor and adaptive weapon system. She began training on the combat armor as soon as the doctor cleared her. After several months of training on her new combat armor and adaptive weapon system, she started using both in the field. During the final year of her tour, her ship was shot down on a very inhospitable moon. She was declared MIA, but presumed KIA. Several years later, after she had lost track of time, people landed on the moon. She approached carefully not knowing if they were friendly or not. She didn't recognize the uniforms, but she did recognize the insignias she assumed they were finally there to rescue her. She ran to them. They started firing right away. Using her suit, she was able to outmaneuver them and subdue them. She interrogated them each for hours. The last person she interrogated broke before she could say or do anything, apparently listening to tortured screams for hours broke him. Her people elected a bloodthirsty dictator. Her last commanding officer opposed the dictator and anyone who worked for him was declared an enemy of the state. Jas was now a wanted criminal for no reason of her own doing.

One day while doing odd jobs around the galaxy she teamed up with Val, another former soldier. They would work together from time to time. When Val got the rescue mission, she requested Jas' help. Took a year to hunt down the missing girl. They studied the girl and her associates for over a month. They didn't seem like kidnappers or sex fiends. She didn't seem like she was in trouble. She seemed to be working for or with them. So, the two of them decided to ask directly.

Personality: Jas is a courageous and talented individual, as she is rarely afraid of anything. This also makes her somewhat reckless. Despite this, Jas has strong morals as she is appalled at the idea of needlessly sacrificing anyone for any reason.
Skills: Marksmen, survivor, hunter

Ship role: Val's partner

Val's Ship: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/59/7d/68/597d68033e8a9f4318d35b6df0d4a8d1.jpg
She stole it from the people she had to kill when she thought she was being rescued.

Weapons: The adaptive weapon system can transform into multiple weapons, assault laser rifle, anti-armor laser pistol, sniper laser rifle

Notes:
As a hybrid, she is half the super soldier a Bellator is. Her lifespan is only 492 years.

Name: Talita "Lita" Tavares

Appearance: https://i.redd.it/3cx9sdkr3fi51.png

Armor: https://i0.wp.com/shinesparkers.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/MetroidDreadBackground-scaled.jpg

Species: Homo sapien astra/Cyborg

Height: 6'3"

Bio: Lita was raised by her parents until pirates attacked their colony. Her maternal aunt, a xenoarchaeologist, took her in. Lita went exploring on one of her aunt's digs even though she knew it was wrong. She discovered something amazing, it looked like an egg, but it was techno-organic in origin. When she touched it, the egg cracked open and the contents engulfed her, bonded with her, it disappeared into her skin. Lita became scared of what had just happened to her, she ran to her aunt crying. When she returned to where her aunt was working, pirates had her aunt and the other workers hostage. She stopped and accidentally bumped into something. One of the pirates heard her and immediately turned and fired upon her. The contents of the egg formed a protective armor around her. Using the armor she began attacking the pirates. She picked up the laser cannon of the first pirate she attacked, and the suit absorbed it turning her right arm into a laser cannon. After that Lita's aunt began to study Lita to learn about the changes that happened to her, the limits both upper and lower. Lita's aunt did have a form fitting suit that would not be destroyed when the armor came out of her, didn't solve their clothing budget issues but at least Lita wouldn't have to worry about charges for indecent exposure or the elements.

Lita eventually grew tired of being a lab rat and left home the first chance she got. She went to school far away studying xenobiology and xenoarchaeology. After getting her PhDs in both she went on to start doing her own research to discover more of the ancient people that created whatever the heck upgraded her. Lita eventually uncovered signs pointing to a sentient ship in the histories of numerous worlds. She had to find out more, she had to find the ship whether it was alive or not.

During her travels and research if she heard about or came across pirates, no matter what she was doing she would stop and go hunt those scumbags down and kill them with extreme prejudice.

Personality: Lita is a woman of few words and a fearsome warrior. She lets her actions speak for themselves. She remains quiet and brooding despite her great accomplishments and has devoted her life to killing every last pirate scum in existence. Lita has unparalleled willpower and resourcefulness, succeeding where others fail or choose not to bother. She has little respect for authority because they have failed time and time again. She detests being told what to do.

Skills: xenobiology, xenoarchaeology, marksmen, some medicine

Ship role: xenobiology and xenoarchaeology

Lita's ship: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/metroid/images/0/08/Starship.jpg
She acquired it from pirates. She has customized it since to make it more useful for her.

Weapons: Canon built into the armor, upgradeable. Canon modes: power & charge.
Laser pistol when not in armor.

Name: Valarie "Val"

Appearance: RS: Space Pirate Queen

Armor: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/8a/77/868a77acd2ce062e991fedca27f3be49.jpg

Pronouns: She/her

Species: Homo superius bellator

Height: 6' (without armor) 7' (with armor)

Bio: Val was born Soldier 69-4216, as part of a super soldier program. Val was not a person in the eyes of her creators she was a weapon to be deployed, to kill, to die. She made her first kill when she was fourteen. She lived far longer than any other super soldier. She was nothing more than a weapon for five decades. She began to change, question things, and develop a mind of her own. Then one day she survived and didn't come back to base. She stole the ship she was using. From there she began to have an actual life. To develop and learn who she was beyond the weapon of war. She only had one useful talent pool the draw from, she adapted it to other things. She took jobs working security, tracking, bounty hunting, and on a very rare occasion piracy, amongst other jobs.

She eventually took a job for Ms. Riggs who wanted Val to rescue her daughter from kidnappers, possibly sex traffickers. Val hated kidnappers, there weren't words strong enough to describe her hatred for sex traffickers. She called Jas another former soldier to help. Took a year to hunt down the missing girl. They studied the girl and her associates for over a month. They didn't seem like kidnappers or sex fiends. She didn't seem like she was in trouble. She seemed to be working for or with them. So, the two of them decided to ask directly.

Personality: Val is simple, honest, direct and passionate. She does what is right, even if it's the more difficult choice. She won't go looking for trouble, but she won't run if it comes looking for her. Val's sincerity and sense of honor can win him rapport from all walks of life. Val's musical preferences lie in country rock. As a teen, she wasn't fond of classical music. She doesn't hate easily, but when she does so, it's intense. Val is uncomfortable with formal wear, preferring casual clothes, but will rarely dress up for a formal occasion when necessary.

Skills: Adaptability, marksmen, surviving, tracking

Ship role: Whatever the ship needs she can procure one way or another, you may not want to ask to many questions.

Val's ship: https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starcraft/images/f/fc/Griffin_SC2-NCO_Art1.jpg
She stole it from her last mission. She has since customized it to suit her needs. She has paid to have its registration changed so that it is no longer legally recognized as the same ship she stole.

Weapons: Dual laser pistols when out of armor. Heavy laser rifle and alloy combat shield while in armor.

Notes:
Superius bellator literally means superior warrior.

As a super soldier she is stronger, more durable, faster, more agile, has more stamina, better reflexes, smarter, & heals faster than normal humans. Just like Astrans the Bellators age extremely slowly after they are fully matured. Unlike Astrans the Bellators are fully matured by the age of 14 and fully combat ready. While Astrans are known to live 500 years, Bellators only live 485 years.
Looks good, although Breana's mother wouldn't claim her daughter had been kidnapped by human traffickers since such a flimsy lie would fall apart the moment they found her. She would be upfront about the fact that her daughter probably wouldn't want to come back of her own accord, but the church was willing to pay handsomely for the return of their wayward scion wether she wanted it or not.

So basically you want Val to willingly agree to kidnapping a woman for money. Val may be willing to commit certain less than noble acts for money under certain circumstances but kidnapping someone who clearly wants nothing to do with the potential client is not something Val is willing to do.

She is more Robin Hood than Sheriff of Nottingham. I have no idea why I used that comparison, it was the first one that I thought of.

What if the mother claims Breana stole a bunch of money and they want her to be brought back for justice? How Val eventually learns the truth not sure. Jas would also hear about the bounty on Breana and go looking for it, Val wouldn't call her in to help.

Damascus Shipyard Workers - are often due to their cybernetics and culture often never exist outside of the Damascus shipyards. Mostly because none ever escape their debt and this is perpetuated by most are often born into the generational debt, others are lured in by the promise of work and pay. But never the cost of needing to augment to handle the much more dangerous jobs that come with the more lucrative pay. Whether its datasmithing, Data mining, bluecollar carving up spacecraft or the mundane. The hours are gruelling and almost all are managed by the workers with a great deal of corporate oversight.

Often any who have seen the workers - often assume they are more machines than augmented humans. Worse still - those who leave often are disowned and regarded jealously by a majority with no desire to affiliate. Its also these family ties that often also keep many bound to such a place, never to explore the stars or live outside of such a cage. Often its rarer for any to live beyond the age of thirty and those who do live beyond it either end up as "Redundants." Too heavily augmented with older incompatible tech where the cost to upgrade or refit is cheaper to just augment another human. Most opt for death, others however end up as Data Smiths forever digital ghosts or elders to teach, council or manage certain worker families.

The average life expectancy for any worker is between 10 to 15 years. Average age of death is 35. Mostly due to being deemed expendable workforces. And yet their work is incredible quality from ship building, manufactoring, assembly, refit and teardown. But few know that these are made from the blood and accepted deaths from their workers.

1721695618380.png 1721695665947.png

Last edited:
So basically you want Val to willingly agree to kidnapping a woman for money. Val may be willing to commit certain less than noble acts for money under certain circumstances but kidnapping someone who clearly wants nothing to do with the potential client is not something Val is willing to do.

She is more Robin Hood than Sheriff of Nottingham. I have no idea why I used that comparison, it was the first one that I thought of.

What if the mother claims Breana stole a bunch of money and they want her to be brought back for justice? How Val eventually learns the truth not sure. Jas would also hear about the bounty on Breana and go looking for it, Val wouldn't call her in to help.

I think that would make more sense, that the church would frame her for some crime so that they can use bounty hunters and law enforcement to try to bring her back into the fold. Accusing her of large scale embezzlement of church funds, possibly also of using them to fund terrorist or rebel groups she was vocally sympathetic to like the RFF, backed up by doctored bank records might do the trick.

Thinking about it, 'Breana Riggs' might work better as a pseudonym she's adopted to avoid detection. I'll need to update her sheet.

Back
Top Bottom