All [Signups & OOC] Celestial University - Next Semester

Currently reading:
All [Signups & OOC] Celestial University - Next Semester

Name: Harlow "Harley" Asantewaa MacQuoid
Appearance:

Personality: Harlow is often a very curious and adventurous being, she harnesses bravery through her desire to help others and is warmly grounded and humble. She finds little trouble making friends and getting along with others; her charming and humorous ways usually draws the attention of people, wanting to know past her extroverted exterior. While faithfully studious, she is so free-spirited and desires for fun and energy, unable to stay still for too long; she seeks out escapades any opportunity she can grasp. To keep from being a debby downer, she often keeps her emotions bottled up and suppresses negativity, which can cause her to feel overwhelmed at times. Harlow desires to be positive and cheery every and all day, but her suppressions do lead her to have moments of lowness. She is always striving to be the best she can be while offering her all to help others, selfless and kindhearted no matter the person. Even so, she does have a fierceness to her and an attitude that suggests she isn't to be messed with. Most don't find her to have a bad side, but that does not mean that it can't be conjured up. Harlow is Heterosexual.
Homeworld: Harlow is from Atlantis, surrounded by sapphire blue waters and the most beautiful sea life any pair of eyes could ever witness. Raised among the most powerful and capable sirens and sea enchantresses and enchanters among the seven seas and beyond, she could pose a great ally in any situation, her powers as strong on land as it is in sea. Harlow was guided by a wise sea creature to begin a new journey, a trek that would prove to be fruitful yet challenging in all her life to come, and that it started with Celestial University. That is how she came about registered to the magical estate.
Backstory: Born to a pair of one of the most magical sirens in Atlantis, every inhibitor had high hopes that Harlow would be a great siren and even greater loch enchantress like her family had proved, generation after generation. She was trained efficiently as a very young child, time was not wasted when it came to rising up the youths of Atlantis, and ensuring their lineage continued strong and powerfully. She never struggled to hone her capabilties, but it never made her less humble and selfless, she cared more for her people than herself, the love, nurture and community she grew up in clinging to her soul altruistically. Harlow grew to be well liked by any one she met, within Atlantis and out of its bounds, she was incredibly curious about the world beyond her civilization, and she strived to understand the multitude of cultures that awaited her touch.

Celestial University came to her attention then, and she desired to start her journey there as soon as possible, wanting to expand her abilities and knowledge in a setting that she was positive would handle her in the best of care. Though some of her brothers and sisters of the ocean had dreamed to attend Celestial University, very few of them were blessed with the opportunity, however it did not stop Harlow from giving it her all. Her parents prepared her for the preliminary exams in getting into the university, and she prayed to the sea Gods for guidance and luck. Getting into Celestial University was a dream Harlow never thought she'd have, but, as she believed, the Gods had something tremendous planned for her, and it would all start at the university. She and her family could feel that.

Style/Form: (How does your character make their magic happen in the world? Do they brew potions, wave around their hands or a wand or staff like a martial art, do they sing or speak it into the world, or do they draw signs and sigils? Are there rituals involved, or special events needed to make it happen? Do planets or ley lines have an impact? Are there any special totems or instruments they require? Let us know.)
Affinity/Focus: A lot of Harlow's ability stems from water/moistness/condensation. Manipulating water and moist objects is her specialty, along with conjuring the element in whatever advantage she needed it in. She has a strong connection with the Siren Call, which allows for her to destroy and tune her vocal chords to control certain species, objects, etc, to her will and command. She can also conjure water spirits, entities, animals, etc.
Other Skills & Interests: Harlow has a great interest in exploration and geography, having a desire to explore the Million Worlds. She is also interested in reading, writing, and discovering other people's abilities.

Pet: Harlow has a pet seahorse, larger than your standard seahorse, but able to me housed comfortably in a medium-sized aquarium tank. She must travel with him in encapsulated water bubble outside of his tank. She also has an Imp that follows her about, who can thrive in both dry and wet lands.

Last edited:
Also, I would like to ask those who have read my posts if I've been over describing things? How is the writing overall and what should I be focusing on more, as a writer?

Your future feedback is super appreciated! Come what may! 😁

hiii, just fyi will be working on my reply tonight, i'll also update my sheet with what my pets look like if need be.

Also, I would like to ask those who have read my posts if I've been over describing things? How is the writing overall and what should I be focusing on more, as a writer?

Your future feedback is super appreciated! Come what may! 😁
not at all, i can be verrrryy descriptive myself which is also somethin im tryna balance in my writing.

nice work everyone 🤗

I regret to inform you all that I have currently developed, at time of writing, 4,000 words worth of a series of possessive spirits coalescing around this "challenge post" thing inside my brain.

No worries, though, as the spell to release it has almost been complete, but it takes time. Perhaps a few days at most.

And if the worst occurs, I do have a final failsafe against inactivity: if I do not reply by Sunday, you're welcome to post on your own to explore the University or interact with each other (something which I will be doing anyways in the next post or two).

It's ok, been a busy few days over here anyway. 👍

I know how it is with sudden inspiration as well!

I regret to inform you all that I have currently developed, at time of writing, 4,000 words worth of a series of possessive spirits coalescing around this "challenge post" thing inside my brain.

No worries, though, as the spell to release it has almost been complete, but it takes time. Perhaps a few days at most.

And if the worst occurs, I do have a final failsafe against inactivity: if I do not reply by Sunday, you're welcome to post on your own to explore the University or interact with each other (something which I will be doing anyways in the next post or two).
yo you scared me as well!! 👊 lol no worries dispatch, get over the obstacle, we'll be here. i'll get my character to the uni in the meantime

Murne: "Listen—calm down and have another cup of coffee and a cigarette!"

Hey @jxs_lxn — just so I understand properly, Harlow isn't on the University's island yet? That's fine if that's the case, I just wanna know before I send an NPC over. ^^

Back
Top Bottom