Group RP (Superhero RP) Chaos Comes Calling ~ OOC & Character Thread

Currently reading:
Group RP (Superhero RP) Chaos Comes Calling ~ OOC & Character Thread

I'm kinda feeling a bit left out as it seems that MC is barely being adknowledged or referenced in posts relating to the event. I don't expect forced interaction but kinda is causing me muse issues for this RP. :-/

Aside from a certain villian and even then, it's a slow build.

I'm kinda feeling a bit left out as it seems that MC is barely being adknowledged or referenced in posts relating to the event. I don't expect forced interaction but kinda is causing me muse issues for this RP. :-/

I feel you. Was hoping a few more would start to post to involve everyone else. You could always move your character around to ensure you cross paths with other heroes/characters. I doubt anyone is deliberately not including you :) I personally really like your section, I just didn't want to face every enemy immediately so decided to remove myself from the immediate vicinity.

It seems more like things got resolved at the van, and we're about to move on to the Vanguard plot.

Jessica defeated Mistress, then the police fired on her and drove her away.
Jessica herself took her duffel full of cash and returned to her base.
The Puppeteer sent her puppets to do their missions.
Mistress and Bikki are resolving their 'return to base' moves

Once the shooting started, people were going to their separate ways.

Name: Ethan Harper
Alias or Nickname: Harper, Sticks
Physical Description:
Harper looks almost average. He stands a little bit above six foot. Skinny for his height, almost emaciated looking. Black disheveled hair, brown eyes, with angular facial features. His upper torso, back, and arms are covered in scar tissue. He is often wearing oversized sweat shirts and jeans and is rarely seen without his headphones.

Personality:
Despite Harper's high intelligence and natural talent for almost anything he tries. He is lazy, extremely so. He skates by on the minimal amount of effort he can put forward. He hates metas, superheros, and villains alike. Witty, sarcastic, and often grumpy he has a hard time making friends.

Secret Identity:
Ethan doesn't have a secret identity....sorta. He never wanted to be a hero or a villain. In fact he does everything he can to avoid using his own powers or getting involved with any situation really.

Alter-Ego:
The closest thing Harper has to a "alter-ego" or costume is a black beanie with eye holes cut out rather crudely. Locals around his neighborhood(possibly a few other superheroes or villains he as angered) know him as "Brick."

Background Info:
Ethan had a bit of a odd childhood. His parents were meta's and superheroes at that. They were constantly moving and relocating all so his parents could bring bad guys to "justice." Life wasn't too bad for Ethan but it came to an end one fateful night. His parents gathered with the rest of the heroes and died fighting Legion. Ethan was caught among the chaos of the burning cities. It was in a building fire when he was horribly burned and his powers first awoken.

With no family, no friends, and a bitter resentment towards metas, heroes, and villains alike. In the chaos following the disappearance of his parents and super crime, Ethan did the best to pick up the pieces of his life. Starting off as a volunteer aid at a local hospital before receiving full EMT training. He tries his best to cast aside his powers and help out in his own way.

It seems Ethan has nothing but bad luck. Despite trying to keep to himself he constantly finds himself in the worse of situations. More than once he has stopped gangs from moving in on his neighborhood. Unable to turn a blind eye to a mugging going on and even running into a burning building once. It's just not in his nature to let evil happen.

For now he does his best as a EMT and keeps to himself.

Powers:
-Superhuman Strength:
Ethan is strong, really, really strong. He has never fully tested the limit of his strength. He has flipped a car before but never outright lifted one.
-Fast Healing:
Ethan heals pretty fast. Just not immediately kind of fast. A broken bone will heal overnight versus weeks or months. Cuts and bruises will heal in a few hours versus in a couple days.
Downfall:
Though Ethan might have superhuman strength, his body is still human. If he lifts a car he runs the possibility of dislocating his shoulder or tearing muscle. If he jumps from a great height it's possible for him to break his leg. Making his power almost useless in most cases.

So, I was wondering if your still letting people join up? If so, this is kind of the character I had in mind. I incorporated some of the cannon into his background. Not sure if he is going to end up a hero or a villain yet. I've got him laid out as more of eh...neutral for now? At least until a little bit more plot develops anyways.

I'm sorry for not going into more detail in my own post. As far as character engagement, my main concern for Marcie was getting her out of there before anyone reloaded. Wrapping up the night means we can start tomorrow with everyone getting to Vanguard and meeting one another for the first time.

So, I was wondering if your still letting people join up? If so, this is kind of the character I had in mind. I incorporated some of the cannon into his background. Not sure if he is going to end up a hero or a villain yet. I've got him laid out as more of eh...neutral for now? At least until a little bit more plot develops anyways.

Oh yes, it's a walk-in-ish, though I should say we're getting a little villain-heavy already. Jessica is the primary villain at the moment, aaaand ... Arsenic is our first secondary. I would suggest leaning him more toward the redemption path, but we could always pull a Jason Todd later. Primary reason being that the heroes are going to be gathering at like ... this non-canon universe's version of the Avengers/Justice League soon, and then a lot of the interaction will center around their acts of proper heroing.

I also wanted to mention that super strength comes with enough toughness to handle it, so like ... you can fist fight with another person of equivalent super strength, but bullets and various other damage sources still hurt you at an effectively normal rate.

Now ... as for the rest of you ...

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Wrap it up people, wrap it up, we're going to be ending the first night, and everyone will start tomorrow already at Vanguard. I'll be posting details about the building and what exactly happens once everyone has finished with tonight.

@Chesire
I'm sorry for not going into more detail in my own post. As far as character engagement, my main concern for Marcie was getting her out of there before anyone reloaded. Wrapping up the night means we can start tomorrow with everyone getting to Vanguard and meeting one another for the first time.

Oh yes, it's a walk-in-ish, though I should say we're getting a little villain-heavy already. Jessica is the primary villain at the moment, aaaand ... Arsenic is our first secondary. I would suggest leaning him more toward the redemption path, but we could always pull a Jason Todd later. Primary reason being that the heroes are going to be gathering at like ... this non-canon universe's version of the Avengers/Justice League soon, and then a lot of the interaction will center around their acts of proper heroing.

I also wanted to mention that super strength comes with enough toughness to handle it, so like ... you can fist fight with another person of equivalent super strength, but bullets and various other damage sources still hurt you at an effectively normal rate.

Now ... as for the rest of you ...

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Wrap it up people, wrap it up, we're going to be ending the first night, and everyone will start tomorrow already at Vanguard. I'll be posting details about the building and what exactly happens once everyone has finished with tonight.

No problem, I can work with that. I was kind of more leaning him towards the good side anyways. Maybe later on I will run him through some kind of darker arc.

Ehhh, I was more doing it as kind of a quirkness to his superpower. Kind of a eh, forcing him to use his superpower in creative ways. I can edit it out though, not a big deal.

I need to go out and run a quick errand, and I'll get to posting immediately after I get back. I already have part of it written down, so now I just need to finish it when I get back.

UPDATE :: My schedule IRL is filling up much faster than I expected. So in case I don't post in time, my basic game plan for my post was as follows, if anyone needs to take any of this into account:

—> Phantom emerged from the bag Jess brought back from the robbery and saw all the captive heroes, but when the bag fell and caught Jess' attention, he went inactive to try to make himself look like an ordinary puppet (which is the puppets' standard tactic to avoid suspicion).

—> Jokester made his escape from the Barbecue Lounge and managed to rejoin Katherine and the other puppets (sans Phantom).

—> Katherine returned home with the puppets (sans Phantom) and prepared to report on what Phantom has just discovered, but she sees a letter from Vanguard has arrived with the message summoning her to the base.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom