A Simple Guide for the Sanctum Dweller

Currently reading:
A Simple Guide for the Sanctum Dweller

Hello, one and all!

As our site continues to grow, we figured it would be wise to have a centralized thread for frequently asked questions and content that will be helpful for new users. To try and keep things organized, spoilers will be used. Even if you already feel you know the site, it's worthwhile to give this at least one full read-through. You might find things you didn't even know were there

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: I'm new, what do I do now?

A: Welcome to the site! We'd strongly recommend looking at your Private messages (PMs). You should have received a greeting PM with links to everything you need to get going. You can post an introduction here, a request thread to find partners here. Also, you might want to post a status, set your Avatar and Signature on your user page, to start making yourself at home.

Q: Where do I start a roleplay?

A: Depends on the type! Anything extreme but not sexual should go in Poe's Corner. Anything that is mostly PG-13 can go in Mark Twain's Table. If your roleplay is premised around sex, it belongs in one of the Forbidden Sanctum forums, which are divided up by how extreme the content is. If you want to create an open roleplay anyone can reply to freely, it belongs in Unfinished Tales. Please note that we only allow roleplaying in the forums on this site, not in PMs.

Q: How do I send PMs?

A: If you go to your Conversation page, you can select "Start a New Conversation". You can also do this from a user page or user card, which starts a conversation with that individual directly.

Q: How do I change my theme?

A: We have a full guide on our various site themes, which will also tell you how to change it.

Q: How can I change my username?

A: Only Site Admins can change usernames. PM anyone with a purple username to get yours changed. Please note, we only do this once per user, so please be certain and double-check things like spelling and formatting for your new one. A typo could easily lock you out of your new account

Q: I'd like to improve my writing, how can I do that?

A: We offer several options. Our resources forum contains guides and other assets to help with writing. Our Sanctum Melee forum allows you to post your own work for evaluation and constructive criticism.

Q: What are blogs for?

A: Blogs are a place for users to post thoughts, work, life updates and other things they want to talk about. As long as site rules are followed, you can post what you like!

Q: Am I limited to one character? Does this site have a set world? Can I roleplay in my own world?

A: No, No and Yes! We are not an established world site, nor do we limit our users. So long as your content follows our rules and guidelines, you are free to roleplay it here! You can have as many characters, worlds or roleplays as you can handle. If you need to keep track of all these or just want a place to share them, make a thread for it in our Characters and Worlds Forum!

Q: I have more questions, who do I ask!?!

A: Any of our staff are happy to help!! Admins are in purple, Mods are in blue and Heralds are in Green. They all know the site and can make sure you get the answers you need. Look at the "Staff Online Now" bubble on the main page to find out who can help you the soonest.

We also have a site resources forum with a wide variety of guides!

A breakdown of each of our site forums:

Our list of useful and interesting threads:

Useful:
1. Rules — The Site rules

2. Donations — Information on Site donations and how we use them

3. Background — Information on how our site came to be

4. Staff and Staff Applications — For information on how to apply to staff

5. Sanctum Theme Guide — A guide to changing the way the Sanctum looks.

Interesting:

1. Our Mugshots Megathread, for sharing pictures of yourself

2. Pets of the Sanctum. The same, just with Pets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom