Both Needed Corrupt ~ Shutdown

Currently reading:
Both Needed Corrupt ~ Shutdown

Sadly, I don't have that. Is that like pepto bismal as I don't have that either. The vomit's white foamy. It could be due to catching him in the trash a couple days ago.

Poor dog. :( Hope it is better.

I'll try feeding him a bit of cooked chicken and rice. See if that helps.

Sadly, I don't have that. Is that like pepto bismal as I don't have that either. The vomit's white foamy. It could be due to catching him in the trash a couple days ago.

Poor dog. :( Hope it is better.

I'll try feeding him a bit of cooked chicken and rice. See if that helps.
If it keeps up get him to the vet, if he was in the trash there is a chance he ate something he shouldn't have and it could be blocking his intestines. If you don't have peto bismol, then give him a tums. It doesn't hold the full sae effect but it should help at least a bit. Make sure the chicken you feed him doesn't have any seasoning on it. The fact that it's foamy and white and not yellow and gooy tells me he probably does have something stuck in his stomach that's not digesting like it should.

My dog got into the trash can one day and got his paws on a huge chunk of lasagna . To say the least he paid for it, throwing up a foamy white substance for a couple of days. Didn't eat but drank a lot of water and munched on grass.

Best of luck with your doggo, it's rough when they aren't feeling good. But hopefully he'll get better here soon.

Also if he doesn't eat anything for a while don't freak too much. As long as he is drinking plenty of water, then that's what matters.

Thank you. I hope so as well. Yeah, I saute a bit on its own and then boiled it but it's decent enough to eat without swallowing and plain basamti rice as that's all I have. He isn't showing interest in it but it's by where he's lying right now under the table. I'll be for sure keeping an eye on him but grandmom said when chief's feeling queasy she gives him chicken and rice and that was the first bland food to pop up online. Did you give your dog the chewable tablets of pepto bismal?

Thank you. I hope so as well. Yeah, I saute a bit on its own and then boiled it but it's decent enough to eat without swallowing and plain basamti rice as that's all I have. He isn't showing interest in it but it's by where he's lying right now under the table. I'll be for sure keeping an eye on him but grandmom said when chief's feeling queasy she gives him chicken and rice and that was the first bland food to pop up online. Did you give your dog the chewable tablets of pepto bismal?
Yeah plain chicken and rice is the best food for a sick doggo. Easy on the stomach. Also I didn't know there were chewable tablets of Pepto bismol. But if you have some they might work. Also like I said keep in mind your dogs weight. If he is a small dog only give him a very small amount, My dog weighs 70pounds so i gave him about 10ml of the liquid peto since he had, had it before. On a chewable tablet I'm not sure if your dog would eat it or not which was why I suggested Tums...cuz well my dog is weird and he seems to like Tums. On that I give him half a tablet.

I want to go inside and write but he is too busy chasing the squirrels that are making fun of him

IMG_20220813_192200_060.jpg

Last edited:
He threw up again when we went outside a few minutes ago and came right back inside to drink water. Didn't even eat grass poor thing but did go potty. He's back to laying down at the moment and I think he's...30 lbs. Vet didn't say when he was at the vet last month. I know it isn't heart worm as I gave him his first tablet july 19th. I'm just trying to let him be but keeping an eye on him while on the computer and eating my own dinner. He's also 8 years old so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it, being a senior dog. He'll be 9 years November 5th (best guess as he was a stray when we got him).

It's weird not seeing him eat wet dry food as usually if he is feeling poorly (sometimes as a result of ear infections), I can just wet dog food for him and he'll nibble on it a bit when offered. I'm also hoping it doesn't have anything to do with the ants either that I have (trying to get rid of those, got some liquid baits) that were walking around the rim of his food dish which is why I switched over to a different food dish and washed his usual one/threw that food out and got him some fresh food.

Nah the ants shouldn't have anything to do with that, all they would do would make his food taste kind of funny, but they are actually good protein and vitamins. About the only thing I could think of if it were related to the ants would be if he is having some kind of allergic reaction to them. If he has any swelling or unusual spots on his tongue or mouth, then there is a chance they stung and bit him. But I don't think that would be the case, most dogs I've seen, don't tend to eat or drink their food and water if it has ants in it. BUUUUTTTTT if he did get bit and stung a lot and has marks or slight swelling on his tongue then perhaps give him half of a Benadryl wrapped in something if you can get him to eat it. It would help with any sort of discomfort he might be feeling. If he still doesn't eat anything and his puke starts to turn into a yellowish gooy or foamy substance then he has nothing in his stomach and the extra acid in his belly is coming out.

If that ends up being the case then whatever he ate is likely digested and he then just has an upset stomach and I would certainly try to give him tum or peto first before trying to give him some chicken.

Okay that's good. I just pried his mouth open (thankfully he's good about that) and didn't see any change in color or bumps on his tongue or in his mouth, still perfectly pink. I did give him some fresh water and put in a teaspoon of ginger powder (what I saw online for dogs 20-50 lbs) as I read ginger can help.

He did eat a bit of chicken, at least 1 piece that I saw him actively eat. :) He might have eaten two or three pieces because I put I think...4 or 6 pieces in there and it seems most are gone.

Also, I appreciate the help and advice.

Heh, nice dogs you've shown. Ah, let him enjoy himself. Outlaw likes staring at robins and squirrels, dropping into his 'hunting pose' as I call it lol.

Ohh I had forgotten about ginger powder! That should help as well haha Also glad to hear he is eating at least a little bit. That is better than nothing and if he keeps it in then that's even better.

Also, no problem haha I was born and raised on a farm so animals mean the world to me!!! If anyone ever has a sick pet I do what I can to try and help even if it is only through telling things I've read about or experienced through one of my pets. ^_^ I've owned a lot of different types of animals including a squirrel once XD he loved grapes.

Haha yeah, Maxius absolutely hates anything that dares to step foot into his yard, cats, birds, squirrels, other dogs, people he has never met before... He is such a jealous boy!!! XD I just fear one day he is gonna hit my sliding glass door and go through it, he is nothing but pure muscle.

Yeah that made me a bit happy. He hasn't shown interest yet in drinking but I know he'll drink eventually. Hoping he'll eat more of the rice too. I can't watch another animal of mine potentially suffer and die an agonozing death. I was forced to do as a child when I was 9 with my first ever pet, a dutch rabbit named Bambi when he was paralyzed. My stepfather...he was abusive to me and mom...he made me watch Bambi die and then punished me afterwards...and mom yelled at me over the phone while she was at work too. Then I had to watch Flopsy (my mini lop rabbit) die as well for unknown reasons when I was...maybe 10 or 11. Bambi's death though really affected me.

I'd love to have a farm. Just...gotta save up the money somehow to hopefully buy land somewhere. Having a farm is a dream of mine...just being able to you know...be resourceful and live off what I grow/raise.

Yeah that made me a bit happy. He hasn't shown interest yet in drinking but I know he'll drink eventually. Hoping he'll eat more of the rice too. I can't watch another animal of mine potentially suffer and die an agonozing death. I was forced to do as a child when I was 9 with my first ever pet, a dutch rabbit named Bambi when he was paralyzed. My stepfather...he was abusive to me and mom...he made me watch Bambi die and then punished me afterwards...and mom yelled at me over the phone while she was at work too. Then I had to watch Flopsy (my mini rabbit) die as well for unknown reasons when I was...maybe 10 or 11. Bambi's death though really affected me.

I'd love to have a farm. Just...gotta save up the money somehow to hopefully buy land somewhere. Having a farm is a dream of mine...just being able to you know...be resourceful and live off what I grow/raise.
It sucks that you've gone through that and trust me I know how painful it is watching your animal suffering and being unable to do anything about that. I lost two of my most treasured animals in that manner, one of which I wanted to stay outside in the cold with her that night, but I couldn't do so because of the major concussion I had. Still feel like she died in my place... ha... but moving on to happier thoughts.

I truly hope you get that farm, even though having a bunch of animals to take care of is a lot of work, it's also an amazing feeling. Because those animals give you so much affection, well and maybe sometimes they get a bit rough, depending on the kinds of animals you want to get! XD One thing I can say if you ever go to get cows, do not bottle feed your bull. Sure it's cute when they are young, but when he wants to give you a good huggy rub down like he did when he was little, it kinda hurts 🤣

I have no clue why I edited the other post to add Lucy there when I still needed to post for other characters XD lol my brain switched its focus to writing my book 😂😅

Yeah. It's cruel to make a child watch their first pet die and still not know if it was your fault. I can't remember for the life of me if I dropped him before school accidentally or if he slipped out of my arms but I know he was fine when I left. And then getting home and you go to the hutch to see him and he's...in the living room suffering. I blame myself for it...even if I don't know if I was the cause of it. Maybe that's why I worry about Outlaw whenever he's off. And Flopsy...I showed her and her brother in 4-H at the fair. Got a couple ribbons (sadly lost) for them both (though we didn't know at the time that Pokey was a buck 😂 ) And one day, despite feeding her or mom feeding her at the fair (because I was in 4th or 5th grade), she was lethargic so I brought her in and tried feeding her food which she wouldn't take...knocked her bowl of food over and then...I don't know. She started kicking in her carrier cage so I took her out as I was afraid she would hurt herself. I didn't go to school that day. Would have cost $1,000 to see why she died when we called the vet so will never know but she looked...skinny...which is weird because Pokey was health as a horse and got the same amount of food and water.

Oh wow. I'm sorry that happened. :(

Thank you! I just want it out of Ohio. Ah I see. I will keep that in mind. Wish I could start now by raising chickens (hatched them in 3rd grade as a project...there was this sole black chick that was a bully) and...maybe it was that that got me interested in chickens at least. Can't really tell you when it was that I decided I want a farm or the reason why....but I know it's been on my mind for at least a few years. What I would really like to do you know, is have a farm and kinda open it to troubled teens or kids in the summer. Of course, I also thought about opening a camp too for troubled kids and teens. I just wanna...help people. Oof, the only bull I have seen was one when we lived in the trailer on Cox Road. The landowner had a farm and their bull was black and had a ring in its nose. We stayed the heck away from those. Of course...that was when I had Bambi & Pokey & Flopsy. Still think either my stepfather or the landowner or even the neighbors above us (there was a house on the property at the top of the driveway that I think also was rented out and belonged to the landlord) set the cows loose and caused our dogs to disappear. That was also when I was young and stupid and thought digging a bloody warren underneath the ground with a shovel, starting at the base of a hill would bring a colony of rabbits to live there 😂 . I'll keep that in mind if I ever get a bull.

I'd like to reserve a couple of spots, if I may? Haven - Second-in-Command & Fighter.

Back
Top Bottom