Either Needed Dragon Age Rp![More Needed!]

Currently reading:
Either Needed Dragon Age Rp![More Needed!]

DAO is a super fun setting. The first blight is very real and I feel like you can feel the threat looming over you as you play the warden. As for RP though, I think it's harder to make work unless we're playing the Warden and a new set of AU characters entirely. Sure, there are plenty of characters just out trying to survive the chaos but what would be the end goal? I'm personally not a big fan of playing wardens in either case; dao or new era.

How long of a RP are we looking for?

Group of strangers binding together and traveling to kill dawkspawn and survive the blight. They eventually go to Kirkwall like other refugees andddd?
Group of strangers meeting and being tied together while serving the Inquisition while also dealing with tensions between mages and templars?

I just rolled out of bed, so I'm a little dry on thinking ideas of a new era entirely.

New blight? The world adjusting to free mages directly after Divine Lelianna? (Don't remember her authoritative name)

I'm trying to think of what all of our characters would be trying to achieve in any scenario that would be bringing them together.

Ok, so no wardens ^^

Love the idea of a group of stragglers banding together for survival during a blight, all whilst fighting against some greater enemy (we aren't Grey Wardens, so not the Archdemon, but maybe something like from the major arcs (ie. Witherfang, the Architect, desire demon…) but original, such as collaboration between demons and darkspawn or… something? We could be survivors from the Battle at Ostagar that meet on the battlefield (or some other battlefield, new era), or some other starting point like that.

If we do that sort of route, DA2 gave me Kirkwall cabin fever so I personally prefer to give that place a wide berth… haha.

A world adjusting to free mages post-Inquisition, or a plot in Inquisition, sounds fine to me too. As for the premise of our adventure, I'm not sure where to go from there. More interest or thoughts on this?

Rp length - I'm brand-spanking-new at written rp and up for whatever!

We could also do a changed timeline? Like, what if the grey wardens never found the hero and the blight still existed and was spreading worse than ever?

If we decided to do a setting with wardens, I can handle it! That's just my personal preference on things. Haha. There's always a way to make things work.

I can only imagine how fucked up the world would be if the blight hadn't been stopped as it did. I'm assuming that the horde would wipe out more than just Lothering, for example.

I don't want to keep recommending Inquisition timeline cause I'm obviously biased but....

Knowledge disclaimer: I've played all three games, but I'll admit to never reading the books or finishing the *very* end of Inquisition (it was not my favourite, please don't fight me ^^). I'm aware how Inquisition ends, though.

However, I am very familiar with DAO and the lore/setting that comes with it (I've beat it more than once and played through more characters than I can count).

The first Blight always seemed like an interesting setting to me, or a new era if my ignorance of the books isn't damning. I'll do my best with whatever era/setting you all want, even if that's Inquiition.
Lol aight I can let it slide this one time…but only cuz you like Origins so much 😂😂 jk jk everyone can like what they like. Honestly if they gave that a remaster just to fix the graphics and the combat mechanics, that may eek out over Inquisition slightly to be my favorite. I've said for several years all I want is a remaster of that 😂 not some ME Andromeda fuckery.
The first blight would be fascinating too. Like what are these assholes doing in the deep roads??…oh shit they just here to fuck it up.
I do love me a dwarf tho so I may be extra into exploring that lol

Lol aight I can let it slide this one time…but only cuz you like Origins so much 😂😂 jk jk everyone can like what they like. Honestly if they gave that a remaster just to fix the graphics and the combat mechanics, that may eek out over Inquisition slightly to be my favorite. I've said for several years all I want is a remaster of that 😂 not some ME Andromeda fuckery.
The first blight would be fascinating too. Like what are these assholes doing in the deep roads??…oh shit they just here to fuck it up.
I enjoyed Inquisition but for me personally, the story just fell very flat. Especially in comparison to the other games. I had beautiful graphics, I enjoyed the characters and the overall story itself wasn't bad.. The execution though..?

Cory had an amazing voice actor and some amazing lines but as a villain, he's kinda a wimp. In every scene he is shown, he loses in some way. He is this big ominous threat that never does any real damage. The fall of Haven was a dramatic loss, but that wasn't done by him either, for example.

There are a LOT of side quests. The skulls, the bottles, the puzzle pieces not even included. Some people enjoy that, a lot of people do not. I feel like it really muddled the waters of how you interacted with the main storyline though. Like there was more focus on the tiny little things 80% of the time, with story events 15% and 5% romance and shenanigans. Depending on how you play. I like that indepth but.. I don't know. It had a bad balance in my opinion.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the current RP planning but those are just my two main gripes with Inquisition.

Not to clutter up our deliberations with my chit-chat, but oh man, I couldn't agree more about a DAO remaster… that's the dream.

I enjoyed Inquisition but for me personally, the story just fell very flat. Especially in comparison to the other games. I had beautiful graphics, I enjoyed the characters and the overall story itself wasn't bad.. The execution though..?

Cory had an amazing voice actor and some amazing lines but as a villain, he's kinda a wimp. In every scene he is shown, he loses in some way. He is this big ominous threat that never does any real damage. The fall of Haven was a dramatic loss, but that wasn't done by him either, for example.

There are a LOT of side quests. The skulls, the bottles, the puzzle pieces not even included. Some people enjoy that, a lot of people do not. I feel like it really muddled the waters of how you interacted with the main storyline though. Like there was more focus on the tiny little things 80% of the time, with story events 15% and 5% romance and shenanigans. Depending on how you play. I like that indepth but.. I don't know. It had a bad balance in my opinion.

Anyway, this has nothing to do with the current RP planning but those are just my two main gripes with Inquisition.
And the Inquisition war room table was awesome. I agree about the villain though, the stakes just never felt as high to me compared to the blight.

In terms of immersive lore, rich characters, their interactions, and all-around epic adventure, there's just no comparison to DAO for me ^^ I mean you fight a dragon for Andraste's ashes, c'mon now, epic!

Last edited:
Totally misread the conversation. Dragon Age Inquisition is the one I've played.

Alright, so why don't we focus on an original world where Duncan recruits us instead of Alistair and the other warden. We can play as the new grey wardens or friends of the grey wardens helping to stop the incoming blight?

Alright, so why don't we focus on an original world where Duncan recruits us instead of Alistair and the other warden. We can play as the new grey wardens or friends of the grey wardens helping to stop the incoming blight?
Unless anyone's got any concrete plot suggestions for us in an Inquisition-era timeline, an alternate universe fifth blight would be easiest to jump into since we have a clear plot. Apologies if my passion hijacked the direction of this, I really am open to inquisition if anyone can put forward a plot for us to fight towards. *Last calls for elevator pitches??*

(Building off your earlier suggestion Zepharius, if we chose fifth blight an interesting twist could be that Alistair and the Hero of Fereldan died with the others at the Battle of Ostagar, leaving us - a group of non-Warden stragglers - on a desperate quest to stop the blight without them, without any initial knowledge of how to stop it, just like the very first Wardens of the first blight would have had to do. Leliana, Sten die in Lothering… Zevran is never hired… could give us some fun, imaginative freedom… or we could be the AU Wardens… just throwing thoughts around).

Last edited:
Unless anyone's got any concrete plot suggestions for us in an Inquisition-era timeline, an alternate universe fifth blight would be easiest to jump into since we have a clear plot. Apologies if my passion hijacked the direction of this, I really am open to inquisition if anyone can put forward a plot for us to fight towards. *Last calls for elevator pitches??*

(Building off your earlier suggestion Zepharius, if we chose fifth blight an interesting twist could be that Alistair and the Hero of Fereldan died with the others at the Battle of Ostagar, leaving us - a group of non-Warden stragglers - on a desperate quest to stop the blight without them, without any initial knowledge of how to stop it, just like the very first Wardens of the first blight would have had to do. Leliana, Sten die in Lothering… Zevran is never hired… could give us some fun, imaginative freedom… or we could be the AU Wardens… just throwing thoughts around).
Definitely down for this. I never actually beat Inquisition, so that's the only reason I would say I am kinda against that one. But I am still okay with it regardless. I can just google the ending.

Ok, sounds like we have quorum. AU fifth blight setting around a group of stragglers joining forces to defeat the blight in the aftermath of the Battle of Ostagar (or sometime after). All of Fereldon's Grey Wardens have perished and those in Orlais are soon to follow by Logain's treachery. No canon characters are in our party. This sounds good to everyone?

So I don't know if this is a role play faux-pas for me to suggest, but when we're considering our initial posts I was just wondering if any of you fine characters might consider graciously contracting darkspawn plague so we have the happy accident of being able to sense darkspawn in our back pocket ^^

As I mentioned, I'm new here (have I mentioned that?) so I'm now going to sit back and observe how you professionals start this thing up.

Ok, sounds like we have quorum. AU fifth blight setting around a group of stragglers joining forces to defeat the blight in the aftermath of the Battle of Ostagar (or sometime after). All of Fereldon's Grey Wardens have perished and those in Orlais are soon to follow by Logain's treachery. No canon characters are in our party. This sounds good to everyone?

So I don't know if this is a role play faux-pas for me to suggest, but when we're considering our initial posts I was just wondering if any of you fine characters might consider graciously contracting darkspawn plague so we have the happy accident of being able to sense darkspawn in our back pocket ^^

As I mentioned, I'm new here (have I mentioned that?) so I'm now going to sit back and observe how you professionals start this thing up.
Tomorrow afternoon I will have our story and character creation skeletons up! I can probably have my character contract the plague with no worries.

I have two ideas in mind for characters and I am trying to decide which one I will go for. Unless I do both. If that's allowed. We'll have to see how I feel tomorrow.

I don't think I know enough about the entire universe of DA to continue thanks, though this is a really awesome idea.

I don't think I know enough about the entire universe of DA to continue thanks, though this is a really awesome idea.
Honestly, if you've sunk a bunch of hours into Inquisition and you feel like watching a bit of gameplay from the initial Ostagar setting of DAO (which, especially if you listen to the ambient dialogue) explains the basics of blights, darkspawn and grey wardens) then you'd probably be fine considering this is an alternate universe plot without the canon characters. And you could always shoot me a pm of you get lost on something. But I get if it's a comfort level thing! Don't let me persuade you if you're not feeling it ^^

Back
Top Bottom