Elder Scrolls: Skyrim pass along recruitment thread

Currently reading:
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim pass along recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What animal is that? On my phone it looks like a cross between a pig and a horse.

Hydrochoerus hydrochaeris -- The Capybara.

Animal endemic to and very common in South America. It is the Largest Rodent.

ZjQyOTU5ZTQuanBn

@Rothwell
Would it be required to reveal all skills a character starts with? Or can you withhold certain parts of it like keeping a maxed out skill to yourself until it becomes relevant for the character?

I'd cap skills at expert level to start with and prefer transparency. But don't worry, this won't be a case of 'my points beat your points' bs in the story. It's just to give everyone a rough picture of what characters are realistically capable of and by extention the roles they'd fulfill during the war.

I'd also add I intend to hugely increase the size of skyrim. After all its meant to be a country but there's limits to what a computer can do. So it won't be 20 respawning imperials vs 20 respawning stormcloaks fighting over half demolished 'castles' the size of a paddling pool. This'll be proper medieval style pitched battles, mounted combat, and sieges with all the trimmings. More Helm's Deep scale than a jumped up schoolyard scuffle.

Is there an Embargo on when we can start statting out characters? 'Cuz I have a pretty good idea of what I'm gonna play 😅

While i agree that Skyrim, locations and battles should absolutely be more than 3 man patrols, please keep in mind that the great war took place barely 20 years prior. While numbers can be big, they should be made with that information in mind. The overall structure of the military as well by the way. There's going to be a lot more new recruits then veterans. A lot more.

While i agree that Skyrim, locations and battles should absolutely be more than 3 man patrols, please keep in mind that the great war took place barely 20 years prior. While numbers can be big, they should be made with that information in mind. The overall structure of the military as well by the way. There's going to be a lot more new recruits then veterans. A lot more.

This is a good point. It is also good to remember that the Imperial Forces stationed in Skyrim do not represent the full bulk of the Empire's military strength

Thread is up!

Great stuff so far gents. I'll put up a second thread today regarding the npc's in the Ring of Blades.

Incidentally, anyone a fan of Berserk?

Last edited:

Will be expanding this as time goes on. Feel free to add your own npcs

I'd add we should cap the points for the lower ranked members of the Circle at 8 and Officers outside of Captain Rosh at 10. After all, it'd be unrealistic to have every member on equal footing.

Never seen Berserk…. but i am a passionate Dark Souls player, does that count partially? They did take quite a bit of inspiration from Berserk.

I'd say so. I too am a big fan of the Dark Souls series, currently trying a dagger run in 1 to stop sucking at parry/riposte.

EDIT: 2 down, 2 more officers to write up in the npc thread. Yes, we have an Orc.

Last edited:
@Rothwell
Have you planned a restoration focused NPC? I thought about doing one with a master level in restoration but nothing else and that's not involved in battles? Someone to fix us up afterwards so to speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom