All [Signups & OOC] Celestial University - Next Semester

Currently reading:
All [Signups & OOC] Celestial University - Next Semester

If you wanna join in with your old character Shafyd (link here) or if you wanted to make a new one, the open-ended first post is already available below. Let me know what you think!
I'd actually love to join back in with Shafyd! I was pretty fond of the character and had some fun things in mind for him. Do I need to repost the character sheet anywhere or otherwise do any legwork before hopping into the new thread?

I'd actually love to join back in with Shafyd! I was pretty fond of the character and had some fun things in mind for him. Do I need to repost the character sheet anywhere or otherwise do any legwork before hopping into the new thread?

Ehh, nah. If you're using the exact same character, you should be good to post! Go right ahead and hop in. ^^

I sorta had a bad time in college IRL, but I'd sign up for classes here in a heartbeat! 😂 Glad to have you back!
As did I. There was a class I had to take at night and I went only twice, I think. There were just too many creeps walking about and driving me home (yep, even them cab drivers). 😅
Part of that was the reason I gave up University.

As did I. There was a class I had to take at night and I went only twice, I think. There were just too many creeps walking about and driving me home (yep, even them cab drivers). 😅
Part of that was the reason I gave up University.
We'll keep the creeps to a minimum here.

Creepy things, like ghosts and vampires and ghouls, however, those are fair game. 👻

I never had a problem with college. It was around that time I became depressed but that was unrelated to college.

They always say "it is what you make it" — well my hands slipped and it got wrecked so now what. 😂😅

I'm sorry my reply is so long. For simplicity, I spoiled the background story. It's there if people wanna read it, but not necessary.

I'm sorry my reply is so long. For simplicity, I spoiled the background story. It's there if people wanna read it, but not necessary.
Please don't apologize, it's lovely! I once wrote a 2000 word character bio for a roleplay that never started so I feel you 😭

Thanks and wow that's the most comprehensive character sheet I've ever read! It's a shame the story didn't launch. 😭

Thank you! Yeah it's a bit of a shame, but I'm still proud of the work and I still got Tommy in my back pocket for any other Wild West roleplays. ^^

Thank you! Yeah it's a bit of a shame, but I'm still proud of the work and I still got Tommy in my back pocket for any other Wild West roleplays. ^^
Hope you are feeding him and letting him out to breathe otherwise you might find a dead cowboy in your backpocket.

Hope you are feeding him and letting him out to breathe otherwise you might find a dead cowboy in your backpocket.

Oh don't worry, my back pocket operates on Hammerspace principles.

Now that doesn't mean he's not dead—just that he probably didn't starve. Probably.

Just a heads up. I won't be able to write Mon-Wed as those are super busy days for me. However, I will do my best to at least get an outline done, just to make things easier on myself for when I have time.

Got my new characters finished! I always forget some detail or another (or another, or another, or another), so let me know if I missed anything important.

Name: Murne

Appearance: Murne is tall and slender with eyes of dark green and black, shoulder length hair that he almost always wears down in an unkempt fashion. A pale pink birthmark, hardly visible against Murne's already pale complexion, sits above his left brow. The birthmark just barely intersects with his eyebrow and hairline, leaving a sliver of white on his left brow and the faintest hint of a white shock in his hair. Murne's face is otherwise on the narrower side, with pointed features and an especially straight nose. Murne's wardrobe consists almost exclusively of two sets of the gray uniform of his former home and school. The uniform consists of a plain closed collar jacket and trousers, both a flat charcoal gray. Though not especially interested in developing a sense of fashion all his own, since coming to the University, Murne has taken to wearing his jacket open—a choice that would have earned him a scolding back in the Tower.

Personality: While quiet, Murne exhibits a rebellious streak that he prefers to think of as an abundance of curiosity. Murne was raised in an environment where his personality was generally regarded as irritating and as such, while enjoying the company of others, tends to instinctively keep to himself. However, an underlying friendliness makes him hardly a tough nut to crack.

Homeworld: Misty Hoegh

Backstory: As an infant, Murne was left at the Tower—a considerably smaller, single-world school of magic that had much more in common with a monastery than a traditional place of learning. Murne was raised by the teachers and keepers of the Tower who, recognizing his aptitude for the magical arts, began instructing him from a young age. By the time Murne reached the age of Nineteen, he had developed a reputation as a trouble maker. He neared adulthood and his many detractors were likely to see their responsibility to him as complete and expel him from the Tower. However, a teacher that was fond of Murne told him of how the Tower secretly sent students to the "Celestial University" on very rare occasions. Not wanting to see Murne left to fend for himself, the teacher helped Murne to open a portal to the university without the knowledge of the Tower's heads.

Style/Form: Much of Murne's magic is practiced through various magical apparatus. The simplest, most practical, and most frequently used forms of apparatus Murne employs are things like enchanted lenses, magical chalks, charmed candles, etc. The Style in which Murne was taught results in him having difficulty casting complicated spells without any apparatus, focus, or ingredients.

Affinity/Focus: Murne was instructed in many of the basic magical arts during his time at the Tower. He had a particular talent for illusion and alteration magic. Murne's magical interests also tended to extend to any knowledge or practices withheld from him.

Other Skills & Interests: amateur engineering, (poor) oil painting, serviceable skill with a saber, calligraphy, romance novels of an embarrassing quality, (probably more stuff as I flesh out the character)

Pet: Not so much a pet as an irregular companion, Murne secretly kept an inscribed stone that he could use to contact and summon a small fire spirit named Shikkat.

Got my new characters finished! I always forget some detail or another (or another, or another, or another), so let me know if I missed anything important.

Name: Murne

Appearance: Murne is tall and slender with eyes of dark green and black, shoulder length hair that he almost always wears down in an unkempt fashion. A pale pink birthmark, hardly visible against Murne's already pale complexion, sits above his left brow. The birthmark just barely intersects with his eyebrow and hairline, leaving a sliver of white on his left brow and the faintest hint of a white shock in his hair. Murne's face is otherwise on the narrower side, with pointed features and an especially straight nose. Murne's wardrobe consists almost exclusively of two sets of the gray uniform of his former home and school. The uniform consists of a plain closed collar jacket and trousers, both a flat charcoal gray. Though not especially interested in developing a sense of fashion all his own, since coming to the University, Murne has taken to wearing his jacket open—a choice that would have earned him a scolding back in the Tower.

Personality: While quiet, Murne exhibits a rebellious streak that he prefers to think of as an abundance of curiosity. Murne was raised in an environment where his personality was generally regarded as irritating and as such, while enjoying the company of others, tends to instinctively keep to himself. However, an underlying friendliness makes him hardly a tough nut to crack.

Homeworld: Misty Hoegh

Backstory: As an infant, Murne was left at the Tower—a considerably smaller, single-world school of magic that had much more in common with a monastery than a traditional place of learning. Murne was raised by the teachers and keepers of the Tower who, recognizing his aptitude for the magical arts, began instructing him from a young age. By the time Murne reached the age of Nineteen, he had developed a reputation as a trouble maker. He neared adulthood and his many detractors were likely to see their responsibility to him as complete and expel him from the Tower. However, a teacher that was fond of Murne told him of how the Tower secretly sent students to the "Celestial University" on very rare occasions. Not wanting to see Murne left to fend for himself, the teacher helped Murne to open a portal to the university without the knowledge of the Tower's heads.

Style/Form: Much of Murne's magic is practiced through various magical apparatus. The simplest, most practical, and most frequently used forms of apparatus Murne employs are things like enchanted lenses, magical chalks, charmed candles, etc. The Style in which Murne was taught results in him having difficulty casting complicated spells without any apparatus, focus, or ingredients.

Affinity/Focus: Murne was instructed in many of the basic magical arts during his time at the Tower. He had a particular talent for illusion and alteration magic. Murne's magical interests also tended to extend to any knowledge or practices withheld from him.

Other Skills & Interests: amateur engineering, (poor) oil painting, serviceable skill with a saber, calligraphy, romance novels of an embarrassing quality, (probably more stuff as I flesh out the character)

Pet: Not so much a pet as an irregular companion, Murne secretly kept an inscribed stone that he could use to contact and summon a small fire spirit named Shikkat.

I like him! Although I thought you were going to join with Shafyd? Or is this a second character, not a replacement?

Back
Top Bottom