Group RP (Superhero RP) Chaos Comes Calling ~ OOC & Character Thread

Currently reading:
Group RP (Superhero RP) Chaos Comes Calling ~ OOC & Character Thread

Woohoo, I'm starting to feel better, and I don't have pneumonia, just a really, really, really ragged cough. IMUNNALIVE!

I've posted characters, updated info, etc. I'mma have to intro post up in a bit. It might be a bit short ... or weird ... lotsa cold medicine right now ... is in me ...

Ugh, life has got me down. But hey I hope it's not too late! I made two characters- hope that that's okay~

Name: Hana Hisashi
Nicknames: Flower- she'll tear open your throat if you call her that though. It is the meaning of her name in kanji.
Description: Standing at a slender 5"7, Hana prefers to stick to more solid colours in her clothing. Her glum face is almost always drawn into a frown or an irritated scowl. Her black locks reach just above her waist, the thick strands straight and very stubborn. During the day time, Hana works in a professional setting and thus wears the matching attire. During her midnight rendezvous however, Hana sports a blackened trench coat, combat boots and a large hat- concealing her identity for future reference.
Appearance:
Personality: Hana is a very straight forward person. Some may think that she's too serious or too ambitious at times- but that's just apart of who she is. Guarded, the woman refuses to rely on anyone else except for herself. She even has very little faith in her twin brother. Although, let's be honest, the man's decisions are nothing short of questionable. But as stone-faced as she is, and as wound up as she acts, there is a little girl inside of her waiting to be freed. To resurrect the youth she once could not experience.
Alter ego/name: Vixen
Powers/abilities: Mental projection. Mental projection is the ability to project thoughts, emotions and consciousness into reality (creating allusions/mirages and even objects when trained well enough). This mainly happens with the person's own mind content but I was thinking that further down the line, they'd be able to use their assailants as well as more of a distraction than anything.
HOWEVER. Due to her short time dwelling in the heroics, Vixen has a hard time conjuring up just the right thoughts, the right emotions to defeat her enemies. There's always a flaw in the outcome- much to her annoyance.
Bio: Due to the conservative streets of Japan, and the ongrowing amount of mutants. The youthful Hisashi's "Tiger parents" pushed them to improve their inherited abilities (we'll get into that later) so that they would be prepared come the fall of humanity (cryptic af). This meant training day in and day out until their father, the great Tomo Hisahi was satisfied. He always viewed her as less than her brother- though that had more to do with the traditional eastern views that had yet to progress in their scenic village. But of course, the girls resentment had built over time- through the back breaking training, the verbal abuse and emotional manipulation, Hana found herself barging through the gates of their estate with her brother come the age of 18. They had run away- with the help of a few family friends and even some clueless relatives. Escaping to a land of acceptance, but more of all, freedom.

~~~~~~

Name: Hirohito Hisashi
Nicknames: Hiro
Description: Being the handsome fellow he is- and believes himself to be, Hiro takes a lot of pride in perception. And so he dresses rather fashionably, ranging from a full on suit to a simple trench coat and jeans. His hair is almost always an upright mess- much to his sister's annoyance. Arched eyebrows almost always furrowed in almost all situations. His gaze is somewhat intimidating- making him somewhat unapproachable at times. Although his lips are pulled to an alluring smirk, whenever opportunity calls to woo a woman. However, during his time saving people's asses, his personally designed suit always manages to get in the way. A black long cape-like coat making it hard to run without tripping, boots chafing against his knee caps in the worst of times.
Appearance:
Personality: As intimidating as Hiro may appear, he is still the 20 something year old child his sister thinks he is. Despite his cold front, he is very much a careless bachelor, using his abilities to woo and nothing more. He is the exact opposite of his sister. In fact, he takes very little seriously at all. Allowing her to carry the burden of both of their responsibilities. In short, he's a chill, laid back dude.
Alter ego/ñame Shiki
Powers/abilities: Onmyōdō. Onmyōdō is a type of ancient Japanese magic. A mixture of the occult and ancient religion as it is used to fend off evil spirits, depict the calender and much more. But most of all, a powerful onmyoji (as its users are called) can summon shikigami (small spirits) and bend them to better fit their will. These small ghosts can appear in the form of animals or even posses the opponent (although that needs much more force). However, carelessness with shikigamis or Omnyōdō in general, can lead to having the spells/ghosts disobey the onmyoji, growing a will of their own and refusing to do what needs to be done. Picture a child throwing a tantrum whilst their guardian pleads for them to do something- that's what it's going to look like.
Bio: Acquiring such an ancient, rare ability most definitely made Hiro the most favorable of the two. The village in which they lived practically bowed to the once young boy, seeing him as a deity rather than a child. This of course did nothing but inflate the boys ego, and also weakening his hold on his powers. As he released his shikigami for the utmost nonsense, impressing cute girls and getting out of training was once his main motive. But now that people rely on him, his shikigamis won't budge- not until forced atleast. Uh oh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The twins had gotten themselves into heroism due to their tight-knit community back home. It was a custom to always aid the vulnerable, the old, the young, the innocent. And that had seemingly followed them way into the westernized city streets. It started off small, Hiro had chased- or rather, gotten his shiki's to capture a mugger. Hana had throat-punched an assailant. Y'know, the little things, but then those little things began to escalate. And the twins found themselves amongst a burning building. Hiro made desperate attempts to put the flames out through fleeting spirits whilst Hana distracted the pained and mournful victims with visions of happiness. The firefighters arrived as soon as the operation was finished, shock overcoming them. But as soon as the twins were addressed, they fled. After all, it was much easier living as a secret superhero over a known one.

Last edited:
Since I've never actually filled this out...

Name: Ember Lee Hunde
Alias or Nickname: Pyra, Fire Girl, the Flame
Physical Description: 5'8" tall, 134 lbs, curvy figure, jet black hair with purple streaks, dark blue eyes
Secret Identity ~ combat boots, jeans, turtleneck and a light vest are her usual go-tos, wears light makeup daily

Alter-Ego ~ black mask over eyes that mimic flames and are blue at the end, colors-- flames: blue and gold, black form-fitting suit with flare over the hips

Personality: Pyra/Ember is a fiery (excuse the pun) gal who is outgoing and ambitious. She is proud, mischevious, and a tad insecure. Some would describe her as 'hot and cold' because of how quickly she may change from one mood to the next, from liking someone with a passion to cold and ambivalent. When triggered, it is difficult to calm her down.

Background Info: Ember was a normal girl... until she wasn't. She discovered her powers when she found out that her ex cheated on her with her best friend. Predictably, she went ballistic and was angrier than she had been in her entire life. What was not predicted was the singe-marks that started appearing wherever she touched!

She used to work in sales in multiple chain stores, and is looking for an extra source of income. Thus began her journey to become a "superhero," despite her moral greys.

Powers:
  • Fireproof: skin is superheated when power is active making most weapons/items melt/vaporize upon contact depending on boiling point
  • Blazing Bolt: launches bolts of fire when she punches or slashes the air with fists. does not extend to feet/legs.

@Cheshire Cat

Last edited:
Working on character sheet today. Trying to decide on the hero, kinda want something that isn't obvious. Superpower wiki is what i'm using.

I would recommend trying to find the manual for a tabletop game called Prowlers and Pagagons. I find it gives a really good, comprehensive breakdown of powers, in a way the doesn't require a lot of reading, and can kind of be turned into anything you want. Like ... they provide a framework for LOOKING at powers that makes it easy to be like ... oh, we'll I'll just change some wording here, or make this a spell, or blah ... don't have a link for you though.

Discord has a voice option as well, in case people want to literally talk, and you can see when people are typing in the chat. If you have it up in the background you will also get notifications when people post into it, that pop up and the icon will glow orange if someone @'ed you which makes it convenient to see important messages, you can pin and probably lots more I haven't discovered. It's an option -free to download comes in desktop and mobile options, lots of apps have a Discord chat and some YouTubers do as well. Again just an option, not trying to shove anything down your throat just explaining the benefits as I see them.

Just to note, I asked James about this, and sharing discord contact info is not allowed on this site. You'll have to share one of the approved contacts, skype or email, and proceed from there.

I'm still in, being sick last week and spending a ton of time catching up at work. So I'm behind in a ways and haven't had a chance to read everything just yet.

I don't see why it's that way necessarily... I mean allowing one messaging platform over another, but it is what it is I guess.

I just read and am a little unsure how to post. I'm assuming we're somehow involved in this heist prevention? Or could we be elsewhere? And how open are to to making things up with the world, such as the facilities where superheroes were within the city, etc? Or are these intro posts for our characters? some direction is nice ^_^

Apologies, I'm most probably going to withdraw from this as I am no longer interested, I can delete my sheets if needed.

Back
Top Bottom