All [Signups & OOC] American Warlords - Post-Nuclear Grand Scale RP

Currently reading:
All [Signups & OOC] American Warlords - Post-Nuclear Grand Scale RP

Okay, so I couldn't help myself…

I went and ordered the endings I thought of, using JUST THEIR TITLES, from best to worst if they happened (in my opinion)—minor-ish spoilers ahead obviously, and your mileage may vary wildly depending on your political and philosophical views. Not a comprehensive list of course.

Let me know if you see one and want to know more 😁

The Southern Miracle - A Helping Hand
North Star Alliance - Rising in the West
ARU Returns - Coalition to Rebuild
Cascadian Ascendancy - Peace & Reconciliation Commission
The Fire Council - The Great Law of Peace
US Restored - Liberty & Justice, For All
Jefferson Supremacy - Sheepdog Pack
IDC Hegemony - Popular
Cascadian Ascendancy - Social Democracy
The Bazar - Ancient and New
Texas - Lone Star
ARU Returns - Libertarian
The Fire Council - Earth's Keepers
Jefferson Supremacy - Old Center
IDC Hegemony - Corporate
US Restored - Technocracy
The Southern Miracle - Occupation
North Star Alliance - Status Quo Ante
The Bazar - Kept Tension
Escape - One Small Step
Escape - La Ciudad
Escape - Pacific
Escape - Atlantic
Escape - Deep Blue
Escape - The Great North
Escape - The Burrow
Uncertainty - Refusal
Cascadian Ascendancy - People's Republic
US Restored - Plutocracy
Jefferson Supremacy - Right Wing
Texas - The Republic Forever
The Fire Council - Revenge
North Star Alliance - Global Thermonuclear Empire
Uncertainty - Betrayal
US Restored - USEG Victorious
Cascadian Ascendancy - Cultural Revolution
ICD Hegemony - Criminal
ARU Returns - Fundamentalist
Texas - Anarchy Spreads
US Restored - Top of the Heap
The Bazar - The Will of God
ARU Returns - Skinhead
The Southern Miracle - Wiped Clean
Survival of the Fittest - The Cycle Continues
The Final Failure - Human Extinction
The Final Failure - A Silenced World
The Final Failure - Poisoning Stars

Last edited:
I actually had an 'end game', or at least a 'path to becoming a warlord' in mind for Sarah, but it might require some buy-in from the host.
That's what I like to hear—if it gets closer to being fulfilled, let's chat 😁

Personally I think it's a great intro! But I'll wait for OI to chime in—doubt we need to change anything but intros are a fragile thing. I'm ready to reply with "a totally loaded shotgun" though 😝

Last edited:
I am still laughing at Tyler standing in this room essentially a soldier hanging off one hand , trying to negotiate her next hit.

I am still laughing at Tyler standing in this room essentially a soldier hanging off one hand , trying to negotiate her next hit.
Down the hall: relatively normal, wholesome, kinda funny meeting
Main concourse: world's most fucked Mexican standoff (also kinda funny)

• Haha
Reactions: Nyx
@dispatch99 , is this major furniture and appliance store more on the Bob's Discount Furniture side or the Lowe's/Home Depot side; the sort of place where an enterprising individual might, with some difficulty, get a decent-sized ladder and bring it back to a derelict elevator shaft? Asking purely as an unrelated hypothetical.

@dispatch99 , is this major furniture and appliance store more on the Bob's Discount Furniture side or the Lowe's/Home Depot side; the sort of place where an enterprising individual might, with some difficulty, get a decent-sized ladder and bring it back to a derelict elevator shaft? Asking purely as an unrelated hypothetical.
If you look on the map, you see what appears to be a local flagship for Totally Not IKEA - that's the closest you would get. However, it is close to the exterior of the mall, where fighting is still ongoing...

Bumping for interest—We're still in the opening stages of this RP, folks, so now is the best time to join!

The Fed warplane had been circling us for hours, roaring like an animal. Our commander told us to duck and cover. I saw the bomb drop from the jet and hit a Uni Regular position, rocket artillery, about five miles away across the valley. There was a blue-white flash, like lightning. The nuke blinded me for a couple of hours—the worst was just temporary, thank God—but I could see the bright white orb growing, blasting away the cloud cover, spreading it out and opening up the blue, like a circular curtain door in the sky, opening up to Heaven.

It was horrible, Christ save us, those poor bastards. But at least now I understand what people mean when they say "Blown to Kingdom Come".

-Excerpt from the journal of a gunman for an unknown Fundie militia, written during or shortly after the Battle of NoVa.

Last edited:
The Devil's Bell: a tactic used by Russian, Chinese, and American forces during the Third World War. An incoming MIRV would be carefully calibrated so that the warheads would explode simultaneously when arrayed in a the shape of a cone, with the wide end facing down towards the target. When done correctly, this produces an effect similar to that of a shaped plastic explosive: the explosive force of the blast focuses and amplifies.

A multi-megaton Devil's Bell strike is, perhaps, the most physically destructive action that humanity is currently capable of. Truly of a geological scale, the Devil's Bell not only scorches and irradiates everything for many miles around (like a regular nuclear strike), but the explosive jet produced by the blast configuration punches down deep into bedrock, leaving behind a deep, wide, magma-filled hole where previously some military installation or bunker had been. There's an old saying that "the only way to survive a nuclear attack is to not be there when it goes off"—this is doubly true for Devils Bells. There have been no confirmed survivors of such a strike. Ever.

Devil's Bell strikes are responsible for creating the White Falls along the Potomac River, which gives the area formerly known as Washington DC its current name, as well as the Three Madmen Rifts in Wyoming and Montana—a trio of great canyons where most of the USAF's missile silos had once sat, supposedly safe deep underground. It's assumed the United States had left similar landmarks scattered across Eurasia during the war, though for obvious reasons nobody really knows that. Decades later, some Devil's Bell rifts are able to be traversed or even used for settlement or defense, provided those getting close take proper care against the radiation.

Hey, is this still open? I would like to be a part of it if it is.
It is! It's in a temporary hiatus but I got plans to kick it back into gear soon. You're more than welcome to apply!

Cool! Sounds like a good time to join then. Is there somewhere that I have to put in an application?

Cool! Sounds like a good time to join then. Is there somewhere that I have to put in an application?
This is the place! Character apps and some lore can be found on the opening post.

Ok!
This is the place! Character apps and some lore can be found on the opening post.
I have a question. Would giant bunkers (not unlike a Fallout Vault, but not owned by a private entity) have been a thing? And could they feasibly support a community of around 1-200 people?

Ok!

I have a question. Would giant bunkers (not unlike a Fallout Vault, but not owned by a private entity) have been a thing? And could they feasibly support a community of around 1-200 people?
Certainly. Although you say they're not private—it's worth noting that the United States government prior to WW3 was deeply corrupt and widely unpopular, and the war did nothing to improve either of those. If you are emerging from one of the rare government bunkers that were actually well-constructed and stocked for long-term use, you will be emerging in enemy territory (unless you find yourself in Alaska, upstate New York, the Florida panhandle, or in certain parts of the Rockies and Appalachians, all areas where the USEG or other more-or-less official successor governments hold sway).

Last edited:
Certainly. Although you say they're not private—it's worth noting that the United States government prior to WW3 was deeply corrupt and widely unpopular, and the war did nothing to improve either of those. If you are emerging from one of the rare government bunkers that were actually well-constructed and stocked for long-term use, you will be emerging in enemy territory (unless you find yourself in Alaska, upstate New York, the Florida panhandle, or in certain parts of the Rockies and Appalachians, all areas where the USEG or other more-or-less official successor governments hold sway).
Oh, when I said "Private" I meant more "Not owned by a COMPANY, but a person or local government". Sorry for the confusion.

Also, two other things. Would the child of a Pre-War "Designer Baby", and a "Natural" human be considered a Mutant themselves, especially if they inherited one or two genetic mutations from the DB? And just how bad is the current radiation? Would being outside, unprotected in certain parts be potentially fatal?

Back
Top Bottom