Both Needed The Age Of The Inhuman OOC (Dystopia/Superhero/No-Smut) Still Recruiting

Currently reading:
Both Needed The Age Of The Inhuman OOC (Dystopia/Superhero/No-Smut) Still Recruiting

XD Yaas!

That's the thing the BIA doesn't get, that this widespread oppression of the peaceful-yet-dangerous is just sewing discontentment on a wider stage. It's basically a manifest destiny kind of mentality, the BIA is full of the kind of people who think that open conflict with Inhumans is inevitable, if not desirable, and are less concerned with unifying their enemy than they are with what they think is a tactical advantage; having people rounded up and ready to shoot. I'm absolutely sure that what little socialization is allowed among inhumans in Lobo is fraught with people decrying their unfair treatment, exchanging stories about being investment bankers and waiters and salespeople, and now being treated like war criminals, and how it's not fair.

I mean, the BIA deploys a lot of psychological tactics to make people feel hopeless, even in numbers. Spending most of the day in your cell, including meals and showers, the constant threat of death, the hands-on movement of individuals, and the rare occasions where groups are allowed to gather. Even the notion of separating them into wings by power to stop complimentary powersets from causing a problem is designed to counter group-work ... but it's only so effective, and I think a prison break is going to be something we should explore later in the story, or an occupation ... or maybe even a villain taking over and actively recruiting from within?

That would be a real interesting story for a powerful telepath ... the characters are forced to return to the site of their incarceration to fight their way past people they once lived beside, their handlers insisting that lethal force is fine while they struggle with the implications. If they hadn't been chosen for the team, their handlers would be telling someone else to think nothing of cutting them down. Miiiiind fuuuuunk.

They want them to be like fish in a barrel but they're sending a handful out to clean up their problems, and other countries may have similar ideas or be less oppressive and more interested in using these powers. The handlers better be careful some of us don't defect and turn other countries who want a bigger presence on the world stage into new powers.

They're probably not worried so much about defectors to other countries, but multinational corporations trying to make their own armies of inhuman agents.

THEY think they're using the more pliant inhumans to send a message to the rest of inhumanity, without realizing that they're sowing the discontent that's creating their biggest problem; supercriminals who cast off society when it becomes clear it isn't doing anything for them, and is actively persecuting them.

Next RP ... the revolution ... or potentially THIS one :p

WE COULD DO AN INHUMAN NATION LIKE IN THAT ONE XMEN CONTINUITY! ... what was it ... genosha? ...

Ok so

I've had a hankering for some robot action lately. I'm toying with the idea of two twin androids with a complex AI that is interlinked with one another. They were created by the government to help search and detain inhumans. They are obviously cold blooded killing machines.

Accept maybe not. With each passing day, their AI grows more and more intelligent and eventually begins to resemble that of a human mind. They develop feelings, individual thoughts, and worst of all, opinions. And those opinions may not necessarily agree with their handlers.

I essentially want these two to start out as antagonists to the heroes, and then slowly grow sympathetic to them, and eventually join them.

Thots?

@EverythingIsFine. Mmm ... is no really ... I mean ... is a creative idea, but is no really appropriate for dis setting. For one thing, technology hasn't advanced that far yet anywhere in the canon, and for another it detracts from the themes and atmosphere I'm going for. It also kind of splinters the singularity of the story-telling if we have, instead of just a character who is less than content with the current political climate and is sewing dissent, characters who are active antagonists.

Androids can definitely play with the themes of 'what does it mean to be human', but it's not quite, 'what does it mean to be human when everyone else decides you aren't one anymore'.

Back
Top Bottom