Closed The New Guard superhero universe (Open to new players)

Currently reading:
Closed The New Guard superhero universe (Open to new players)

Suddenly occurs to me that Minotaur would be dripping droplets of blood as he runs. Maybe Leviathan can turn into a dog and track him.

Assuming she wants to follow the Minotaur into the labyrinth, of course.

Can a blood hound track blood in the sewers with all the foul disgusting odors?

If I was the character Leviathan and if I was 100% hero I would balk at doing that, I would pretend to have allergies and couldn't smell anything, and that it affected all my shapeshifted forms.

Minotaur escaped into old subway tunnels rather than the sewers, although it probably doesn't smell great in there either.

I know he jumped down into the sewers at first because the guy with the guns shot at him and the guy with the guns was in the sewers. So the very least one would have to track him part way through the sewers and that smell lingers on your nose hairs like a stalker hiding in the bushes at your home.

Suddenly occurs to me that Minotaur would be dripping droplets of blood as he runs. Maybe Leviathan can turn into a dog and track him.

Took me way too long to connect Minotaur to labyrinth lol

Haha that was exactly what I thought would be fun in my last post, she shifted into a hound and jumped head-first into the manhole, like a chaotic madman
She's deffo going to be cursing the smells of the sewer, but Minotaur had a pretty distinctive smell, and doubled with him bleeding she'll be able to track him down

A long, loooong shower will be in order soon after they finish

Reply coming up soon, don't worry. In the meantime though, here are my headcanons about how each of my characters handles Thanksgiving:

Iason / Emerald Enforcer - Wakes up early to take over all major cooking operations. Obsesses over the bird, tries to get everything perfect. Doesn't let anyone "get in his way", then complains later that "nobody bothered to help" him. Eats a ton, falls asleep drooling on the couch, cuddling with his little siblings.

Oscar / Hotline - Starts flame wars on social media by making hot takes about the history of the holiday/colonialism/whatever for the lulz. Makes incredibly risky sports bets, fueled by the bank accounts of billionaires and major corporations. Secretly really, really enjoys the Macy's parade, and rather than running interference he uses his abilities to make sure it goes smoothly.

Cassius / Cicadis - Spends the entire morning playing football with other agents—starts off as tag, but gradually deteriorates into full-contact. Will drop what he is doing to salute during the anthem at the start of football games on the TV. Tells interesting historical stories he read about Native Americans or the early English settlers, showing an unnerving tendency to grin while relating the bloodiest parts. Eats a ton of the marshmallow covered sweet potatoes, and at least two (2) whole pies.

Reply coming up soon, don't worry. In the meantime though, here are my headcanons about how each of my characters handles Thanksgiving:

Iason / Emerald Enforcer - Wakes up early to take over all major cooking operations. Obsesses over the bird, tries to get everything perfect. Doesn't let anyone "get in his way", then complains later that "nobody bothered to help" him. Eats a ton, falls asleep drooling on the couch, cuddling with his little siblings.

Oscar / Hotline - Starts flame wars on social media by making hot takes about the history of the holiday/colonialism/whatever for the lulz. Makes incredibly risky sports bets, fueled by the bank accounts of billionaires and major corporations. Secretly really, really enjoys the Macy's parade, and rather than running interference he uses his abilities to make sure it goes smoothly.

Cassius / Cicadis - Spends the entire morning playing football with other agents—starts off as tag, but gradually deteriorates into full-contact. Will drop what he is doing to salute during the anthem at the start of football games on the TV. Tells interesting historical stories he read about Native Americans or the early English settlers, showing an unnerving tendency to grin while relating the bloodiest parts. Eats a ton of the marshmallow covered sweet potatoes, and at least two (2) whole pies.

Minotaur probably eats like five turkeys in one sitting. One downside of being an eratz of the Juggernaut is you have a huge stomach to fill.

Right, I think that's everyone:

Heroes
PlayerCharacterPlayerCharacter
OrganicIntelligenceJade LightningMoonsideBubble Girl
Vasara GlyndarkCourtney CollinsVasara GlyndarkThe Captain
Captain CardboardCrosshairsDispatch99Emerald Enforcer
RedemptionforaHotdogTelamonBonnieBeeEcho
rigelSpecter

Villains
PlayerCharacter
OrganicIntelligenceMinotaur
Dispatch99Hotline
Captain CardboardLady In Black

Wild Cards
PlayerCharacterPlayerCharacter
Vasara GlyndarkMaiden of MightGravemermaidCheshire
BonnieBeeLeviathanDispatch99Cicadis

Supports
PlayerCharacter
Captain CardboardQuantum Computer
OrganicIntelligenceDirector Shaw/The Commander

Last edited:
"This world is a rotting cocoon. I will crack it open and it will be reborn on wings of blue, wings under my control!"

Codename:
The Blue Morpho
Alignment:
Villain
Sexuality
: Lesbian
Theme: On Regal Wings
Voice: Patricia Drake

Species and appearance:
Reports from INTERPOL indicate that the most accurate depiction of Professor Jane Moriaraty (also known as The Blue Morpho) is as follows; she is a human female in her early to mid-twenties, approximately five feet ten inches tall and of athletic build. She has fair skin, blue eyes and white hair. It is impossible to tell if this hair color is natural, caused by some kind of accident, or the result of dye and/or treatment. She seems to have no distinguishing scars or marks of any kind.

"Can you feel it? The weight of futility. The clock is ticking and you've begun to doubt yourselves. A terrible, oppressive thought enters your minds. You think 'she's going to win this' and you know what? You're right."

Costume/clothing:
The Blue Morpho dresses in regal attire befitting nobility or someone of high military command. She adorns herself with a high-collared cloak modeled after butterfly wings, blue on the inside and black with gold trim without. The front bears her insignia and epaulets showing rank (this rank is not officially recognized in any capacity by any military). She wears a white blouse under a black and gold vest with a red tie, a black skirt with blue pinstripes and gold trim, black stockings and black and white heeled shoes. Her wardrobe is accessorized with black gloves, glasses, and a walking cane. Moriaraty is to be considered armed and dangerous at all times, even without the cane.

Megalomaniac

Backstory:
Yes, THAT Moriaraty. The so-called fictional figure as described by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Doyle's written exploits of Sherlock Holmes were in fact based upon reality. Though Holmes had his name changed to protect his identity (as 'Sherlock Holmes' was still alive and well), James Moriaraty was deceased and it was not an issue to print the name of a criminal mastermind so elusive that most of London did not know he even existed. However, before he met his end (gunned down by police and not dramatically tossed from Richenbach Falls) he had fallen in love and fathered a child. And that child had a child. And so did that one. And so on and so on. Jane grew up knowing her ancestor's legacy, but not knowing it as it was written in the Doyle books. She knew it from the perspective of the Moriaraty family. From the perspective of a family that had been persecuted because of it's name for generations. Jane grew up hateful of much of society, and saw it as full of nothing but ignorant, unwashed masses. She sees the corruption that fills the political and corporate scenes and how people will step on each other to get ahead. She considers the whole of humanity to be rotten to the core and seeks to re-right this tilted ship before it sinks. She feels that she is the only one fit to rule the world and set it to rights. She feels that this is owed to her and has inherited quite a fortune thanks to the untimely "accidental" deaths of both her father and grandfather.

Powers:
Jane is obscenely wealthy and obscenely smart, two things that in combination are more potent than some mutant powers altogether. After recieving her inheritence she constructed a number of shell companies to channel in even more money, so she can fund her projects. Her projects, of course, being world domination. She keeps herself in top physical condition and has demonstrated considerable skill with firearms and martial arts. Notably, she is a practitioner of Bartitsu, an eclectic martial art that features boxing, jujitsu, and cane fighting. Further, she frequently builds gadgets into her outfits and equipment, meaning she is rarely without a weapon or some form of escape.

Jane emplys a vast army of henchmen as well and will usually throw them callously at heroes that get in her way. These henchmen rate from bottom tier minions (Glasswings) to higher rank henchmen with advanced weapons (Gatekeepers), stealth troops (Red Admirals), brutes (Monarchs), and robotic soldiers with high-tech built-in weaponry (Purple Emperors). She's also been known to use her advanced robotics to create lifelike duplicates of herself that can fool almost any scan. These Janebots explode upon remote signal or their incapaciation.

The Blue Morpho usually quarters herself in a heavily defended air carrier called The Skywing, which is constantly on the move.

Weaknesses:
At the end of the day, Jane is still human. She does not boast superhuman strength, speed, or stamina. She relies on her intelligence. Her minions, though numerous, are also human. The biggest weakness of all, though, is her sheer pride and arrogance. She won't give much notice to those she considers beneath her and is prone to underestimating her opponents as she does not feel they are on her level. Her pride also forbids her from taking any 'easy' way out such as just dropping nukes or other high-yield explosives on possible threats - she wants to humiliate and defeat her opponents personally. In that way, she has a weird sense of 'honor' in the way she goes about things. She's also prone to excessive theatrics, loving to give speeches on high because she adores the sound of her own voice.

Personality:
Arrogant, Haughty, Vain, Calculating, Merciless

"Oh, if the heroes deserved their victories against me, I would make my peace with it. But they don't, do they? The filthy cretins get to be blessed with astonishing supernatural power, while I make do with steel and wiles. That's always the way of it. At the last moment they're taught a secret spell by a dead man, or your scheme's one weakness is revealed to them or they somehow manage to master a power in a day that would take a villain twenty years to own. Gods, I've even heard of Choirs stepping in to settle a losing fight. The sheer FUCKING ARROGANCE of it!

NONE of it is earned! It is handed to them, and this offends me."

BlueMorpho.jpg

Yeah, I know how you listed her as neutral on her character sheet, but isn't she acting kinda villainous?
She's half Homelander, Half Lex (before Superman showed up driving Lex batshit crazy and into the clutches of evil*), Half Zanveshanitarian (humanitarian version of a Zanveshanian), Half Punisher (or some anti-hero). Yes, I know that is 4 halves.

From her perspective, she sees humans as no different than humans see animals or insects. In a way, she is like the Calivon. Humans use animals for science experiments and medical research, she hired people to do the same since biology isn't her forte.

Her true heroism won't shine until later.

*Yes Lex was a ruthless businessman but his truly evil stuff happened as a result of his desire to prove his superiority to Superman.

She's half Homelander, Half Lex (before Superman showed up driving Lex batshit crazy and into the clutches of evil*), Half Zanveshanitarian (humanitarian version of a Zanveshanian), Half Punisher (or some anti-hero). Yes, I know that is 4 halves.

From her perspective, she sees humans as no different than humans see animals or insects. In a way, she is like the Calivon. Humans use animals for science experiments and medical research, she hired people to do the same since biology isn't her forte.

Her true heroism won't shine until later.

*Yes Lex was a ruthless businessman but his truly evil stuff happened as a result of his desire to prove his superiority to Superman.
Still seems villainous to me, but I do like a good redemption story. Learned humanity, maybe?

Shes been awake on earth since the 40s, rightHas she been 22 the entire time she's been on earth?
"This world is a rotting cocoon. I will crack it open and it will be reborn on wings of blue, wings under my control!"

Codename: The Blue Morpho
Alignment: Villain
Sexuality: Lesbian
Theme: On Regal Wings
Voice: Patricia Drake

Species and appearance: Reports from INTERPOL indicate that the most accurate depiction of Professor Jane Moriaraty (also known as The Blue Morpho) is as follows; she is a human female in her early to mid-twenties, approximately five feet ten inches tall and of athletic build. She has fair skin, blue eyes and white hair. It is impossible to tell if this hair color is natural, caused by some kind of accident, or the result of dye and/or treatment. She seems to have no distinguishing scars or marks of any kind.

"Can you feel it? The weight of futility. The clock is ticking and you've begun to doubt yourselves. A terrible, oppressive thought enters your minds. You think 'she's going to win this' and you know what? You're right."

Costume/clothing: The Blue Morpho dresses in regal attire befitting nobility or someone of high military command. She adorns herself with a high-collared cloak modeled after butterfly wings, blue on the inside and black with gold trim without. The front bears her insignia and epaulets showing rank (this rank is not officially recognized in any capacity by any military). She wears a white blouse under a black and gold vest with a red tie, a black skirt with blue pinstripes and gold trim, black stockings and black and white heeled shoes. Her wardrobe is accessorized with black gloves, glasses, and a walking cane. Moriaraty is to be considered armed and dangerous at all times, even without the cane.

Backstory: Yes, THAT Moriaraty. The so-called fictional figure as described by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Doyle's written exploits of Sherlock Holmes were in fact based upon reality. Though Holmes had his name changed to protect his identity (as 'Sherlock Holmes' was still alive and well), James Moriaraty was deceased and it was not an issue to print the name of a criminal mastermind so elusive that most of London did not know he even existed. However, before he met his end (gunned down by police and not dramatically tossed from Richenbach Falls) he had fallen in love and fathered a child. And that child had a child. And so did that one. And so on and so on. Jane grew up knowing her ancestor's legacy, but not knowing it as it was written in the Doyle books. She knew it from the perspective of the Moriaraty family. From the perspective of a family that had been persecuted because of it's name for generations. Jane grew up hateful of much of society, and saw it as full of nothing but ignorant, unwashed masses. She sees the corruption that fills the political and corporate scenes and how people will step on each other to get ahead. She considers the whole of humanity to be rotten to the core and seeks to re-right this tilted ship before it sinks. She feels that she is the only one fit to rule the world and set it to rights. She feels that this is owed to her and has inherited quite a fortune thanks to the untimely "accidental" deaths of both her father and grandfather.

Powers: Jane is obscenely wealthy and obscenely smart, two things that in combination are more potent than some mutant powers altogether. After recieving her inheritence she constructed a number of shell companies to channel in even more money, so she can fund her projects. Her projects, of course, being world domination. She keeps herself in top physical condition and has demonstrated considerable skill with firearms and martial arts. Notably, she is a practitioner of Bartitsu, an eclectic martial art that features boxing, jujitsu, and cane fighting. Further, she frequently builds gadgets into her outfits and equipment, meaning she is rarely without a weapon or some form of escape.

Jane emplys a vast army of henchmen as well and will usually throw them callously at heroes that get in her way. These henchmen rate from bottom tier minions (Glasswings) to higher rank henchmen with advanced weapons (Gatekeepers), stealth troops (Red Admirals), brutes (Monarchs), and robotic soldiers with high-tech built-in weaponry (Purple Emperors). She's also been known to use her advanced robotics to create lifelike duplicates of herself that can fool almost any scan. These Janebots explode upon remote signal or their incapaciation.

The Blue Morpho usually quarters herself in a heavily defended air carrier called The Skywing, which is constantly on the move.

Weaknesses: At the end of the day, Jane is still human. She does not boast superhuman strength, speed, or stamina. She relies on her intelligence. Her minions, though numerous, are also human. The biggest weakness of all, though, is her sheer pride and arrogance. She won't give much notice to those she considers beneath her and is prone to underestimating her opponents as she does not feel they are on her level. Her pride also forbids her from taking any 'easy' way out such as just dropping nukes or other high-yield explosives on possible threats - she wants to humiliate and defeat her opponents personally. In that way, she has a weird sense of 'honor' in the way she goes about things. She's also prone to excessive theatrics, loving to give speeches on high because she adores the sound of her own voice.

Personality: Arrogant, Haughty, Vain, Calculating, Merciless

"Oh, if the heroes deserved their victories against me, I would make my peace with it. But they don't, do they? The filthy cretins get to be blessed with astonishing supernatural power, while I make do with steel and wiles. That's always the way of it. At the last moment they're taught a secret spell by a dead man, or your scheme's one weakness is revealed to them or they somehow manage to master a power in a day that would take a villain twenty years to own. Gods, I've even heard of Choirs stepping in to settle a losing fight. The sheer FUCKING ARROGANCE of it!

NONE of it is earned! It is handed to them, and this offends me."

Also love this character. I'm sure her and Lady in Black get along swimmingly

Codename: Exarch Xand

Species and appearance: Mutant Annaxian. A green-skinned humanoid with two massive lobes on either side of his cranium, black hair and purple markings around his mouth. Wears his hair in a long ponytail. Has a purple gem in the middle of his forehead that glows when he uses his powers. In his human disguise he looks like a caucasian man in his late thirties.

Alignment: Very villainous

Backstory: Born over a millennium ago on the planet Annax, from birth Xand was ostracised among his peers. The Annaxians were a race of psychic blue-skinned humanoids who had constructed a vast interstellar empire connected together by their telepathic network that allowed everyone in the empire to share in the thoughts and knowledge of the rest. Xand was a mutant, marked by his green skin and by his inability to properly interface with the psychic network. Furthermore, his psychic power was far in excess of any other member of his race - something that led to them both fearing him for his power, and looking down on him, as they viewed all beings who could not be part of their telepathic web as inferiors.

This friction between Xand and his people led to him becoming bitter and angry, becoming a terrorist who used his powers to wreck havoc on the psychic web and aid the Annaxian Empire's enemies in overrunning it's worlds. In response the Annaxian people as one voted to expel him from their worlds, never to return on pain of death.

This turned out to have dire consequences for the galaxy, as Xand was able to use his powers to quickly enslave and subvert developing alien worlds to become the subjects of his own growing dominion. With his alien legions he marched from world to world, either conquering them and adding them to his empire or burning those worlds that dared resist. With time his power was growing so great that even the godlike Galactic Elders became concerned, for Xand's desire for conquest was not simply material. He wished to find ways to remake the universe in his own image and desired to create a world where he ruled supreme rather than being cursed from birth.

The Galactic Elders formed a coalition of races that were opposed to Xand, including the Annaxians, and together they wiped out his armies and forced him to flee to the other side of the galaxy. There he found an insignificant blue and green planet, and hoped to turn it into the first step in rebuilding his empire.

Only, to his dismay, Earth turned out to be a lot more tenacious than he thought. After years of probing Earth's defenses, gathering followers and infiltrating human society in the guise of an industrial magnate, Xand gathered all of humanity's greatest supervillains and summoned as many extraterrestrial allies as he could, and launched the full scale war of conquest that would be known as the Final War.

Xand lost, but it was a pyrrhic victory for Earth's superheroes. Xand was badly wounded during the final battle and appeared to have finally died, but he had simply transferred his consciousness to a safely hidden clone body. He has spent the decades since regaining his former powers, crafting a new human identity as the CEO of HiTek Industries, and preparing for his revenge...

Powers: Xand possesses psionic powers far in excess of any human psychic, allowing him to read and control minds, generate illusions and paralyse lesser being's bodies with a single thought. His powers also include telekinesis, granting him flight, force fields, energy redirection, and the ability to lift massive objects with the power of his mind.

He is also a genius multidisciplinary scientist, and has used his technological and biological knowledge to upgrade his clone body with enhanced strength, durability and a few other extra surprises for Earth's heroes.

Weaknesses (if any): Xand is extremely arrogant and petty, making him easy to bait.

Personality traits and interests: Galactic domination, annihilating his enemies and playing Go in the park with an old man who somehow beats him every time.

Sexuality: The concept of sexual orientation is for lesser beings.

I just thought I'd throw something out there in case we need somebody who has swarms of minions to throw at the heroes.

I live for this so much, I was literally just thinking about making a villain too to offer another bad guy to throw at our heroes but I'd not even thought about the use of goons for the supers to fight, you're well ahead of me Moon 😂💕

Back
Top Bottom